4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Sigh. The Caps just played the worst series of the OV era. I dont think ive ever seen that team play so poorly over a stretch of games. Its mind boggling to me.

Agreed 100%

#1052 3 years ago

Anyone else think Suzuki is getting murdered tonight? Got my popcorn ready. Go Flyers!

#1053 3 years ago

Buh bye Habs

#1054 3 years ago

Total bs to suspend Niskanen for just 1 game on the cross check on Gallagher. Imagine if someone did that to McDavid?! No fn way that guy gets a game, and the player sits out awhile w a broken jaw n eats thru a straw...

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Total bs to suspend Niskanen for just 1 game on the cross check on Gallagher. Imagine if someone did that to McDavid?! No fn way that guy gets a game, and the player sits out awhile w a broken jaw n eats thru a straw...

Minimum 2 games ...see the poor kids face???

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Minimum 2 games ...see the poor kids face???

I like Gallagher..I seen the kid play when he was with the Vancouver giants (whl) he’s a lil spark plug, kinda like a Tkachuk, can mix it up, n score some goals. No doubt that Niskanen, and all Flyers players, should be aware who’s around them on the ice..wouldn’t be surprised to see a Hab accidentally run into Hart 2nite..

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Total bs to suspend Niskanen for just 1 game on the cross check on Gallagher.

Just think if the legal system was ran by the NHL..... a serial killer would get 1 year sentence with time served.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Umm..Boston and Tampa

I know but just having a feeling that’s all, and I am a Pens fan

#1059 3 years ago

Wow...Vancouver up 4-0! The Blues/Canucks has been my favorite series to watch this first round.

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Wow...Vancouver up 4-0! The Blues/Canucks has been my favorite series to watch this first round.

Watching last period before whiskey n cigar

#1061 3 years ago

Pretty fn happy to knock out the champs. Markstrom is playing solid tween the pipes, and getting contributions from the 3rd-4th lines...bring on Vegas!!

#1062 3 years ago

Heartbreaker. I didnt have high expectations for the blues after the interruption. They need too long to get going the last couple years. They just didnt have it at all since the restart.

Congrats to the Canucks. They're playing good disruptive hockey right now. I'm really interested to see how they do against a really physical LV team.

#1063 3 years ago

It’s anybody’s year given the circumstances and which team clicks will do it, I had Boston to start the Season but not sure who will win it, hopefully somebody new

#1064 3 years ago

At least we won more first round games then the Leafs this year.

#1065 3 years ago

Blues are still a helluva team. O’Reilly is a beast, Perron is a pest that any team would luv to have. Not having a healthy Tarasenko I’m sure didn’t help. So many posts by the Blues could of changed the outcome..be happy Blues fan, shit, you held Lord Stanley’s cup last year..

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

At least we won more first round games then the Leafs this year.

Well played sir. Gallagher for Nylander straight up? I would pull that trigger.

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Blues are still a helluva team. O’Reilly is a beast, Perron is a pest that any team would luv to have. Not having a healthy Tarasenko I’m sure didn’t help. So many posts by the Blues could of changed the outcome..be happy Blues fan, shit, you held Lord Stanley’s cup last year..

I’m just happy Bozak and the Fans won a cup ...next time don’t let Brett Hull near a microphone.

#1068 3 years ago

I’m really upset Leivo couldn’t participate in Canucks run..I have never told him that. He’s devastated.

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Perron did nothing for me when on the Pens

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Well played sir. Gallagher for Nylander straight up? I would pull that trigger.

Nobody in MTL would.

You must be the guy calling the AM stations with the trade proposals! Are you Salvator from Woodbridge?

#1072 3 years ago

Steamed Caps!

#1073 3 years ago

Stars win!!

#1074 3 years ago

Looked good doing it (especially the first line for once). Avs probably lost Grubauer for the series/season too.

#1075 3 years ago

Marc-Andre Fleury's agent just posted this picture on Twitter. The blade has coach DeBoer's name on it. Lol

I guess we know who is starting between the pipes for Vegas Sunday.

This is probably Fleury's last season with the VGK.

EgDZqUMUYAAUjCD.jpgEgDZqUMUYAAUjCD.jpg

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Marc-Andre Fleury's agent just posted this picture on Twitter. The blade has coach DeBoer's name on it. Lol
I guess we know who is starting between the pipes for Vegas Sunday.
This is probably Fleury's last season with the VGK.
[quoted image]

Just read the article did not think it was true. The article did not have pic so thanks for posting, I thought it should be Fleurys team. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29720454/vegas-marc-andre-fleury-agent-tweet-implies-goalie-benched

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Looked good doing it (especially the first line for once). Avs probably lost Grubauer for the series/season too.

That’s a deal breaker for them ad could change the outcome as I had Avs to win this series but maybe now big trouble.

#1079 3 years ago

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just read the article did not think it was true. The article did not have pic so thanks for posting, I thought it should be Fleurys team. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29720454/vegas-marc-andre-fleury-agent-tweet-implies-goalie-benched

Update Fluery just had it removed from his agent

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Update Fluery just had it removed from his agent

A very cavalier thing for the agent to do. Especially during a playoff run.

I still think Fleury's time in Vegas is done though.

#1082 3 years ago

He just signed an extension through 2022. Would Seattle grab him if Vegas left him unprotected? That would be funny.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He just signed an extension through 2022. Would Seattle grab him if Vegas left him unprotected? That would be funny.

I believe he's a 7 million dollar cap hit. So Seattle poaching him is a very possibility...if Vegas doesn't trade him before then...and they leave him unprotected.

It would be funny if it happened though. It would be the 2nd time Fleury got poached by expansion teams.

#1084 3 years ago

Thats why he thought it would be funny

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thats why he thought it would be funny

Doubly funny!

#1086 3 years ago

Just can’t see Seattle doing that

#1087 3 years ago

Curious what Jamie Benn's reputation is around the league. I see a lot of grumbling about him being a cheapshot artist. Is that true?

I can tell you that he's never been one of the most beloved big names down here. Modano was obviously the man, even though he's proved to be weird and kinda an asshole in retirement. Hull is beloved for obvious reasons. But even Brenden Morrow was more embraced, honestly. Don't get me wrong, he's loved. Just not like the other big names were.

Hockey down here is weird, though. We have the true diehards that really like hockey, then the Stars fans that don't watch any other hockey or pay attention to the rest of the league at all, then the typical Dallas sports fan that won't pay one second of attention until or unless the Stars get into the conference finals. The true fans here, though, look at Benn as an albatross and were never in favor of giving him that contract, money or term or no-movement. But we did and now we are stuck with him. The guy had a good game against Colorado, but I fully expect him to go back into hibernation for the rest of the series. The buzz has always been that he would go back to BC if the Canucks ever came sniffing, and I wonder if Seattle is close enough for him. I'd go ask him if he'd waive his NMC to be left unprotected and try to lure Seattle into taking him, but I am sure they would laugh at the prospect. He's not captain material - Miro will be the captain in 2 seasons.

#1088 3 years ago

Interesting comment. Its up to Seattles Scouts. Myself, i would take Benn. Not too easy to play against is he? A lucic with more skill?

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Interesting comment. Its up to Seattles Scouts. Myself, i would take Benn. Not too easy to play against is he? A lucic with more skill?

We paid him for what he did in the past. He's worn out already. He skates like he's in cement. With Seguin never recovering his wheels after he nearly sliced his achilles in half, their line is just brutal to watch skate now.

#1090 3 years ago

I guess this stars year or bust. Good point about Seguin...reminds me of Erik karlsson
Why not have Benn stay on the ice even more but on defence?? Great shot, he knows how to play the position..super scary in the corners...like a Pronger.

#1091 3 years ago

Capitals fire coach Todd Reirden

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Capitals fire coach Todd Reirden

Again?

#1093 3 years ago

When did Niskanen become such a hack?

Isles looking strong for the most part. That second period was all Philly but Isles kept them from getting good quality SOG.

#1094 3 years ago

Ouch, that's a terrible period for Colorado.

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Ouch, that's a terrible period for Colorado.

5358B378-B41B-4F07-8323-B631914ED3BE.gif5358B378-B41B-4F07-8323-B631914ED3BE.gif
#1096 3 years ago

Fuck you Dallas!!

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Fuck you Dallas!!

3C90B5E3-0DD7-4143-90B6-FA241FC50BCE.gif3C90B5E3-0DD7-4143-90B6-FA241FC50BCE.gif

#1098 3 years ago
CAE80AA6-C8D3-4C83-A4EC-6BFD2AF689A4 (resized).jpegCAE80AA6-C8D3-4C83-A4EC-6BFD2AF689A4 (resized).jpeg
#1100 3 years ago

What???? Omg

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/22?hl=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.