4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.
#801 3 years ago

I know it seems awfuly selfish in these dark times but I haven’t received a paper copy of the hockey news in 6 months.

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

HEY Pens threw games in the past and got MARIO .... who's next? LOL

Lets lose in the first roUnd and get a huge lottery ball.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know it seems awfuly selfish in these dark times but I haven’t received a paper copy of the hockey news in 6 months.

Think about it .... another generation from now there wont be such publications anymore. You'll be telling your grand-kids/great grand-kids, if we survive COVID, how they use to deliver newspapers.

I'll never forget the day when I restored an old rotary candlestick phone for my bar and my son looked at it and said "I don't get it, how do you dial out".

#804 3 years ago

So Vegas idea was axed and they're now looking at Edmonton and Toronto as hub cities.

Again, I cant see this happening with the COVID spiking but if the NHL doesn't complete the season it's stated they will lose upwards of a billion dollars.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So Vegas idea was axed and they're now looking at Edmonton and Toronto as hub cities.
Again, I cant see this happening with the COVID spiking but if the NHL doesn't complete the season it's stated they will lose upwards of a billion dollars.

Rumours swirling today is Edmonton will be the hub city for the West and Toronto for the east.

#806 3 years ago

I really don’t get why people make a big deal on this, if they can’t have fans in the rink. Sure, it’d be televised, if they have a season/playoffs..and what a fn mess to reward the #1 pick to a team that losses in the 1st round (Lafreniere) Bettman is a fn joke..

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Bettman is a fn joke..

Can't argue with that!

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can't argue with that!

I give Bettman credit for the financial side of the NHL. What he did in locking out the players saved the NHL from turning into the MLB. But when it comes for the doing things for the better of the game itself he just seems to make some asinine decisions.

#811 3 years ago

Feel sorry for Sabre fans and Jack Eichel
Love to have him on my team and one of my favorite players ..aside from me.

#812 3 years ago

My skating and hockey sense off the charts.
Had a few drinks and feel like uncle Rico from napoleon dynamite.

#813 3 years ago

I dont know anything about hockey yet since I'm a total noob to the sport so I'm not going to pretend to but I just cant wait to watch the Blue Jackets win the Stanley Cup.

When are the playoffs supposed to start anyway?

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When are the playoffs supposed to start anyway?

No confirmed date yet. "Late July or Early August" I think is the best official info as of now.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No confirmed date yet. "Late July or Early August" I think is the best official info as of now.

They will get the playoffs done and it will almost be time to start the new season. Sweet!

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will get the playoffs done and it will almost be time to start the new season. Sweet!

Yeah that'll be weird for sure. Maybe take a longer break for next year allstar and let everyone rest?

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that'll be weird for sure. Maybe take a longer break for next year allstar and let everyone rest?

Good question. I just cant wait till they start again..I really like the NHL quite a bit.

#818 3 years ago

Snuck into an arena Leafs practice (with mask) took a pic of William Nylander on a defensive drill.

20200118_160311 (resized).jpg20200118_160311 (resized).jpg
#819 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Snuck into an arena Leafs practice (with mask) took a pic of William Nylander on a defensive drill.
[quoted image]

Now that's funny, thanks for the laugh.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty sure next season start will be delayed til at the earliest late November.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Pretty sure next season start will be delayed til at the earliest late November.

I bet it's near January

#822 3 years ago

As a GM, would you re-sign a big player contract if player had recovered from Covid?

#823 3 years ago

NHL players to battle it out on EA sports hockey from spitting chicklets. .I believe broadcast live event podcast or whatever it's called.

#824 3 years ago

Early August playoffs resume...so they say

#825 3 years ago

Last post of the day
I Truly hope all of you are well in this absolutely crazy 2020...I'm afraid we are in a long fight against the devil but we win the game in the end.

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

NHL players to battle it out on EA sports hockey from spitting chicklets. .I believe broadcast live event podcast or whatever it's called.

I love the NHL hockey game, it looks like a real game is being played almost. So much fun

#827 3 years ago

I have yet to read one post on this thread....but go Jackets!

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

As a GM, would you re-sign a big player contract if player had recovered from Covid?

Would you sign someone who just got over a bad cold? ya ... ya I would.

It's like asking if you would sign a player who had the flu. These guys are in great shape; they are not elderly and living in a retirement home.

#829 3 years ago

Would you sign someone who just got over a bad cold? ya ... ya I would.
It's like asking if you would sign a player who had the flu. These guys are in great shape; they are not elderly and living in a retirement home.

While I agree with your sentiment, I still think covid lung can be a huge factor when these guys push capacities of the body.

Even at their high level of training and body conditioning, it could still take the wind out of his sails.

I love puns!

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

While I agree with your sentiment, I still think covid lung can be a huge factor when these guys push capacities of the body.
Even at their high level of training and body conditioning, it could still take the wind out of his sails.
I love puns!

Only if they are a serious/severe case; which with young healthy individuals is exceedingly rare.

#831 3 years ago

Only if they are a serious/severe case; which with young healthy individuals is exceedingly rare.

Long term effects to be determined even In
Light cases. I be careful throwing around millions when I doubt Austin will re sign. Time to shop him around?

#832 3 years ago

I know Canuck as a Leaf Fan .just something to consider that's all

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know Canuck as a Leaf Fan .just something to consider that's all

As a Leaf fan you guys should just worry about reaching the century mark before hoisting lord Stanley again.

#834 3 years ago

Just our luck we win and can't have a party.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just our luck we win and can't have a party.

Shouldn't be an issue...

#836 3 years ago

Looks like NHL playoff hockey will be happening.....come hell or high water!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283911684113854464

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks like NHL playoff hockey will be happening.....come hell or high water!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1283911684113854464

Saw that... of course one of the two arenas that was chosen has this happen to it!

#838 3 years ago

One week out from hub city reporting...

Is this ACTUALLY gonna happen? My Habs are gonna take home their 25th cup!?

...or a 12.5% chance at a generational talent who is French!

#839 3 years ago

Is this ACTUALLY gonna happen?

Man I hope so but I just can't see it coming to fruition!

Let me ask this of the Ontario folks .... How is it that Toronto is a hub but yet the baseball team was advised they couldn't play in Toronto and is now playing out of Pittsburgh? Do I have this right or has the CA Medical Maryjane gotten to me?

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Let me ask this of the Ontario folks .... How is it that Toronto is a hub but yet the baseball team was advised they couldn't play in Toronto and is now playing out of Pittsburgh? Do I have this right or has the CA Medical Maryjane gotten to me?

I think it's because of the border crossings between the Jays/other teams. That's not happening with the NHL. Everything is bubbled into two Canadian cities. No traveling permitted.

And hockey matters in Canada more than baseball...so it gets preferential treatment. Lol

PS - Pittsburgh rejected the jays today.

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

it was that visiting teams would be coming in and out , thru the closed border , worried about 80 -100 players and staff of visiting teams would be coming in and not quarantening for 14 days

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I think it's because of the border crossings between the Jays/other teams. That's not happening with the NHL. Everything is bubbled into two Canadian cities. No traveling permitted.
And hockey matters in Canada more than baseball...so it gets preferential treatment. Lol
PS - Pittsburgh rejected the jays today.

Makes sense! (especially the hockey matters part!)

Pittsburgh rejected the Jays as the Pirate's ownership doesn't want the Pittsburgh fans to get the taste of what it's like to see a major league team play in their city.

#843 3 years ago

Announced this AM in a Seattle/NHL team press conference: the Seattle "Kraken" it is!

Surely, it's just a matter of time until the newly named (and under construction) "Climate Pledge" Arena (Amazon) will come to be known as the "Krack House".

Seattle Kraken (resized).jpgSeattle Kraken (resized).jpg

Climate Pledge Arena (resized).jpgClimate Pledge Arena (resized).jpg

#844 3 years ago

That's the best we could come up with? Dumb name

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's the best we could come up with? Dumb name

Have to agree with that, pretty lame indeed!

#846 3 years ago

I like it. It was the only name that they were picking from that was any good.

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I like it. It was the only name that they were picking from that was any good.

What were the options?

#848 3 years ago

Thank god it's the Kraken; best name they were considering. Thought for sure they'd take Sockeyes and bore me to death.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

What were the options?

Totems, Emeralds, Rainiers, Sockeyes, Renegades, Sea Lions, Seals, Evergreens, Whales, Cougars, Eagles and Firebirds

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thank god it's the Kraken; best name they were considering. Thought for sure they'd take Sockeyes and bore me to death.

C'mon now - "Sockeyes" is a classic "old-time hockey" name!

"Kraken" wasn't my first choice, but I can easily live with it. Supposedly, a lot of Seattle hockey fans pushed for this name. Given that on top of this, Jerry Bruckheimer (producer of Pirates of the Caribbean movies among others) is also one of the team ownership partners, not a big surprise really.

Arrr! Beware ... The KRAKEN!!!

2020-7-10 POTC and Kraken beer (resized).jpg2020-7-10 POTC and Kraken beer (resized).jpg

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/17?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.