Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by LateCenturyMods
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 409 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DV-top (resized).jpg
DV-overlook (resized).jpg
DV-biking (resized).jpg
DV-step (resized).jpg
March2019-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20190331_074831 (resized).jpg
20190330_143522 (resized).jpg
88D7200C-C369-4773-8BE3-3B6B2BFA3C24 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txjay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 9 months ago

Ugh, this last weekend was perfect weather, now this weekend is showing rain Saturday and Sunday! That's going to suck when we start hauling pins out Sunday night.

#490 9 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Sunday afternoon looks cloudy with sun for the load-out timeframe as of today- and it's still 6 days out!
The weather can still change for Saturday for general enjoyment purposes while walking outside, though most folk only go outside for brief periods for food trucks and to get to cars and what not...
Also, while the weather was pretty last weekend, it was cold-ish, whereas this weekend appears to be pushing the 70s..
A few years back rain was predicted and there wasn't a drop.
Last year we had rain here and there on Saturday and Sunday and it was still the best show ever.
What we don't want- and isn't forecast *knock on wood* is a repeat of 2017- a very rainy Friday. Caused a bunch of machine no-shows.
Either way, the load in/load out pin dock area is a covered zone.

Yep, completely understand. I was at all of those shows. I'm not worried about it raining on Friday or Saturday it's Sunday that I was concerned about. The covered loading docks are great but for those of us that are local and don't use a covered trailer just our trucks it is still a concern. Right now they are predicting a 20% chance of rain for Sunday so fingers crossed!

#806 8 months ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Anyone else have award fatigue at the TPF closing ceremonies?
Classic pinball runner up
Runner up
Winner
Classic arcade runner up
Runner up
Winner
60s runner up
Runner up
Winner
70s
70s SS
80s
90s
Sooooo many awards and they start to lose their meaning.

No one said you had to sit around for it.

#841 8 months ago

Another great TPF event. I was honored to have been chosen as a runner up in the 90's pin category for our Lethal Weapon 3. There were some really nice pins brought in this year. My son and I worked on LW3 for a long time and enjoyed it very much. I hope some of you got to enjoy it as well. The total plays for the weekend was 623.

Here is what she started out as and where we are today...
a77181b3afb91b6b5d8bb1562a106870b3ac0bd6 (resized).jpg5e23be5ade8d55fdbcfd54e79dfedb94fb98c1b9 (resized).jpge64d47b73fc6f1f7fc867f2c37a5611c47fafc95 (resized).jpg20190324_151601 (resized).jpg

#875 8 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Met Jersey Jack and Eric Meunier. My wife went fangirl on Jack and was let down. Despite us letting him know we collect his machines and love his work, he pretty much blew us off to go schmooze this couple wearing crazy expensive clothes and new to pinball within 10 seconds flat. I don't really know what I expected, but it was blatant and off putting....

I had almost the same exact thing happen to me. Jack was actually manning someone else booth when I walked by. I started to talk to him and tell him how I had a WOZ and how much I enjoyed it. Right in the middle of me talking to him he picked up his phone and started to text someone and looked the other way. Not cool. I just walked off...No reason to treat your customers that way.

#885 8 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have met Jack on several occasions. This is just Jack being Jack, as far as I can tell, the man never stops more than 5 seconds, because by second 6 he has moved on already to the next thing. I haven’t figured out if it’s just a Jersey thing, but what ever you do, get whatever you are going to say out in the first 5 seconds, and it helps if you reach out to shake his hand first, that is the best way to start a conversation with him. And remember, its more about what he is doing for you lately that gets him started, and it is harder to check your phone or dial with my fat fist in his hand.
For example, I put out my hand and said “Jack, great call on WOZ YBR, that baby is stunning, long time fans, glad to meet you again, and we’re glad you keep building us great pinball.” Now, he may just shake your hand and thank you and say nothing else, or pick up his phone, or look at the squirrel... or he may talk your ear off about the YBR edition, but I respect his time and don’t mind when he is short or seemingly rude, that is not really what drives it. He barely heard the word “stunning” and had let go and was moving on. That is just Jack being a businessman first, warm wonderful person second, because even at events where he is near fans, he is working every minute he is at the show.

Understood, I have meet Jack several times before and he was friendly..this time was different. It is still NOT an excuse to treat someone that has supported you over the years. I'm not asking him for a dinner date or a drink with the buds I was just trying to make conversation with him when he was just sitting there doing nothing..literally. Maybe he was pissed that his YBR reveal did not go as expected?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txjay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside