IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Do they give out a Twipy for best restoration?

No, but TPF does!

1 month later
#891 5 years ago

Definitely need to move the tournament back to the main room. No question.

The new set up was...tight. Way too crowded and no exposure to random people coming to the festival. We had a nice crowd watching the finals, but it would have been great for others to see the enthusiasm for top tier competitive play. Also, makes it harder for players to explore the show while waiting in line to play their next game.

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I really enjoyed the extra space on the main floor made by moving the tournament out. I'm hoping they take it a step further next year and move the seminar room; making an even bigger main floor space for vendors and games.

Have you been to previous TPF's? This "extra room" you speak of is minimal. As others have mentioned in this thread, there was extra space on the main floor that was not being utilized. It's a problem with layout. Not size.

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I really enjoyed the extra space on the main floor made by moving the tournament out. I'm hoping they take it a step further next year and move the seminar room; making an even bigger main floor space for vendors and games.

Also, I bet 95% of people at the show had no idea a tournament was happening. That is a problem.

The organizers of the show, the tournament directors, volunteers, and techs put so much hard work into running one of the best tournaments in the world at TPF. Top players from around the world come for the tournament. And it was hidden from the general public.

The #1 player in the world won the tournament in one of the most exciting finishes I have seen live. I hate that people missed out on that.

We always try to find ways to promote competitive pinball and get people excited/interested in it. Every TPF prior I have had multiple people come up to me and ask "what is going on here, is this a pinball tournament?" as they walk through the door and see a large group of people cheering and watching the finals on a projector. This was the opposite of promotion. It needs to change. Period.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

How much more promotion does the tourney need it sold out immediately.....so those that want to play already know about the tournament.....unless you add more games and increase the size of the tournament I am not sure what else you do. And with only 2-2.5 days you have make sure there is time finish and it not run late.

You're missing the point. It's not about promoting the tournament to get more people to play in it. Also, there was a side tournament that anyone could play in, no limit of players.

Anyway, I realize this site is geared more to the collector crowd and not the competitive scene so I'll move on from the tourney talk.

Thanks to all the organizers, tourney crew, volunteers, and exhibitors. It was a blast as always and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-texas-pinball-festival?tu=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.