Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LateCenturyMods
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 409 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DV-top (resized).jpg
DV-overlook (resized).jpg
DV-biking (resized).jpg
DV-step (resized).jpg
March2019-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20190331_074831 (resized).jpg
20190330_143522 (resized).jpg
88D7200C-C369-4773-8BE3-3B6B2BFA3C24 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 1 year ago

Booked. Are they really out of king beds already? These go quickly!

Also, looks like it’s fully refundable up to 72 hours before the show this year? But $10 extra per day for parking?

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Other than that, what is the next closest hotel if I dont get a car?

The Hilton Garden Inn is supposed to be very close and walkable. There's a promo code link on the TPF website:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Balcony rooms sold out already...

The King balcony rooms were "sold out" at 7 a.m. too. In past years did they release more of these as additional blocks of rooms came up?

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Same as last year. Only one night is paid up front.

And at least according to the website, that deposit is fully refundable up to 72 hours before checkin.

Free Cancellation: If your plans change, let us know by Mar 19 to avoid being charged for the first night.*

*If your plans change please let us know – it’s free to cancel or update your reservation by 11:59 PM local hotel time on Mar 19, 2019.

However ...

Valet parking: 16.00/night
Self parking: 10.00/night

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The "sold out" day one happened last year as well. I think more blocks will be released daily for the rest of the week.

Has anyone had luck booking at the Embassy since day one?

2 weeks later
#122 1 year ago

No action in 16 days, I'm starting to worry about labnip's health ...

2 months later
#137 1 year ago

Bump for mrbally

256 days to go!

3 months later
#148 1 year ago

Hey labnip, are you done with that interminable pin-delivery road-trip? We need a days-til-TPF update in here.

3 months later
#205 1 year ago
Quoted from JNX:

Bought a TPF pintglass at this year's 2018 show.
Ran it through the dishwasher.
Everything inside and out came off the glass.
Might want to revisit the substance of the decal/ printing.

Any word on whether they've upgraded the pint glass printing situation for this year? I'd like to pick up a few if they're dishwasher safe.

2 weeks later
#280 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Can anyone confirm if there will be a Munsters Premium or LE available to play at TPF?

There are 10 Premiums listed on the game list:
https://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2019-game-line-up/

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Has everyone checked in if your going:
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/texas-pinball-festival-2019
It's at the very bottom

Thanks for the pointer, didn't know this was something you could do!

1 week later
#408 1 year ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Three days after the time I took Megabus I had strep throat.

So you'd advise against licking the arm-rests then?

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Will Brian Eddy be at the show, doing autographs?

The TPF website homepage seems to have a running description of expected guests and I don't see him on it: https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

But maybe there's a more definitive list somewhere else? Or maybe TPF gets industry "drop ins" for the autograph session?

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Damn, that would have been nice to know. I would have absolutely pulled my translite for him to sign.

Slow down there! He was asking if Eddy is making an appearance, not stating that he is. There’s no mention of it on the TPF website and no one here has confirmed it, so I would assume Eddy is NOT signing anything unless we hear otherwise.

#468 1 year ago

I believe pinballinreno was asking about restaurants, while that is clearly a breastaurant. A subtle distinction, but in some aspects a critical one.

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Any one arriving at DFW airport about 140ish & want to share a ride? Bug & I arrive then. We have no luggage so we won't take up much space

I’m landing at 1:49 pm on Friday (United from Denver) and have room if you still need a lift and are willing to wait while I pick up my rental (haven’t rented at DFW before so not sure how long it takes). Hoping to make the hotel in time to preregister and catch last call at JJ’s Pinside happy hour.

#738 1 year ago

Spotted out front

78E1BA60-4898-4B3F-BE00-E67F927E14F0 (resized).jpeg
#790 1 year ago

Always fun to see some homebrew, spotted this on my last round of the floor before heading to the airport.

E157B3EF-42DA-423E-87F4-97547D755491 (resized).jpeg
#791 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Whoever brought the Lebowski, thanks for doing it. I was glad I got to play it a few times as it’s very well done.

A hearty second for this. Thanks for putting a cool rare game on the floor, and for looping back to keep it running throughout the weekend. I got in a dozen games (probably more, but who’s counting) and really enjoyed it. I’ve never played a licensed game with such perfect theme integration, dots and sounds. Too bad DP couldn’t figure out the business side of things. But thanks again for sharing!

#805 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Grand champion for best overall pinball:
Totan...kevin moore

That one’s definitely a looker!

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The key thing for me though was how long it took to play a game, on Saturday I don't think there was a game that wasn't 4-5 players deep waiting.

This wasn’t my experience on Saturday (or Friday or Sunday for that matter). If all you wanted to play was Alice Cooper or Oktoberfest then yes, you were going to wait a good while between games. But while the average machine had someone playing it, if you could wait for them to finish you were in. And when I didn’t feel like waiting I could always walk around a find a few machines with no one on them.

Was it crowded? Sure. But as a first time attendee I wouldn’t say it was overcrowded.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from cjchand:

On a similar note, presuming we're going to get the official release of BKSoF today, as a TPF attendee that really ticks me off. Would like Stern to have shown us some love there. A big part of the reason to attend a show like this is to be there for big announcements.

Stern doesn't announce new games at shows anymore. They've got a pretty good thing going with their method of releasing a professionally-produced teaser, then an IGN interview with lots of high-quality pics, and then a Deadflip stream, with games shipping shortly thereafter. They get the pinball news day all to themselves, and have complete control over the images of their game that get out to the public. Not sure why they'd want to depart from that.

As a TPF attendee would I have loved to get the first look at Black Knight 3 or Willy Wonka? Hell yes. But I understand that it doesn't make business sense for Stern and JJP to do things that way anymore, and ultimately they have to look out for their bottom lines, not TPFs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
$ 26.50
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside