Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LateCenturyMods
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 409 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DV-top (resized).jpg
DV-overlook (resized).jpg
DV-biking (resized).jpg
DV-step (resized).jpg
March2019-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20190331_074831 (resized).jpg
20190330_143522 (resized).jpg
88D7200C-C369-4773-8BE3-3B6B2BFA3C24 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 1 year ago

This will be my first year going to TPF. I have a 3 day pass (they were so cheap!). I will try to go all 3 days, at least 2 of them. I work on Friday, so we will see.
I am trying to rally up some friends to go, but I am taking my wife and kids one of the days.

I am not sure what I will take. Maybe a couple of projects and some parts for the swap meet.
I definitely will be looking to pick up some items

#180 1 year ago

I understand there is a list of the games, but i cant seem to find it. Anyone know where the list is?

2 weeks later
#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I'm working on another restoration to bring to TPF (brought IJ last year). I just found clear coin reject buttons (pinball life!) and made custom inserts from a logo I found online and cleaned up. Going to light it blue from behind. What do you think? I might switch to photo paper, depending on how the light shines through.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome resto!!

1 week later
#264 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Does anybody know if the truck with the projects are going to be there again this year?

It is.

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Ya sure about that?
We’re on the fence yet of what we may bring.

Well, i happen to know of someone else too. You arent the only game in town!

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

plenty of cheap hotels all around.. no need to be at the show hotel

Mark at Discovery Inn does a pinball player special for 59.95 a night...and he has a conference room filled with pins set on freeplay too!!
Pay 1/3 of the price and play pinball whenever...thats the way to go.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I assume you may be talking about what we brought last year?
This was one of our two truck we brought last year. We brought a Penske and our white box truck, filled to gills with STUFF.
Only pics I could find of it online.
Also a pic of local collector/friend Randolph wanted to see what we brought, so I let him have a little sneak peak Friday night before the swap meet.
Most everything I had priced between $200-$500 in various states of dis-repair. [quoted image][quoted image]

Are you bringing items again this year?

1 week later
#330 1 year ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I have been making my own list. mostly restaurants since when I travel I seek out good unique food. Where I live in Wisconsin it is all supper clubs and fish frys. I love ethnic foods, Indian, Thai, Mexican. Also farm to table healthy organic type places. I have not found any nice morning breakfast spots.
I have tried to search out music venues that might have something happening Thursday and Sunday but with no luck. My wife is not keen on naked ladies reading.
My list so far is thus:
Hutchins BBQ- close
La Hacienda Ranch- BBQ and Mexican sounds like best close Mexican maybe **
Cantina Larado-upscale Mexican?
Glorias Latin Cusine-central American/Mexican
Plata Greek
Rustys Taco- cheap quick lunch
Chennal Cafe- Indian very close
Andhra cafe- Indian farther out
True Food at Legacy west- eco chic
54th st restaurant and tap- kitschy beer joint
Legacy Hall -impressive food court and stage
need a thai place
Added as suggested:
Hard Eight BBQ. It's amazing! Get the jalapeno corn! https://hardeightbbq.com/menu/

Skip la hacienda...go to the Blue Goose. It is a local favorite.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

It's getting real close, me and my buddies are getting super excited about this trip and what it has to offer. Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread as it has been very informative so keep them coming.
Understandably this is a Pinball event however I was wondering what about arcades machines?
Locally is there something that we can go and play or what about purchasing arcade parts can anyone recommend something along those lines.
Much appreciated.

Locally, check out cidercade, freeplay richardson, and regeneration arcade.

There is a swap meet at 8am on saturday rught outside the hotel. You can also check out some sites on Facebook:

DFW pinball and arcade club
-and -
DFW pinball, arcades, and coin op classifieds

1 week later
#448 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Flying into DFW airport Fri morning. Taking non toll roads to hotel. Any recommendations for liquor store to stop at on the way or by hotel?

Spec's or total wine. I get that the name is "total wine," but they have tons of beer and liquor too.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from troxel:

My flight just got canceled yesterday, and now will be driving there and back. I have two EM pinballs that I am going to bring, but will probably need a couple tweaks when I get there. I won't have a chance to look at them until I arrive at TPF.
Can anyone recommend someone that can help?
Bally Bowl-O
Gottlieb Jungle King

Evan "pin"smith, brandon haney (owns oldies but goodies), shawn christian

All 3 should be at TPF and easy to find...or contact on FB before

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

If anyone has a weekend pass for sale PM me

You don't have a ticket yet??

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sitting in my hotel room right now in Frisco... TPF here we come!
Any parties tonight?

Yes. Bos pinball lounge.
The owner is a moderator here on pinside

#577 1 year ago

It looks like about 50 games dropped off the list at TPF...including one I was dying to play...The Big Lebowski.

#692 1 year ago

Found this lying around...

IMG-20190323-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
#728 1 year ago

Yes, those ARE eight balls on his shirt...

20190323_142137 (resized).jpg
#752 1 year ago
IMG-20190323-WA0002 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0004 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0006 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0010 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0012 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0014 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0020 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0022 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0024 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0027 (resized).jpeg
#755 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurelia:

Daditude was #magicgirl playable?!?!

Quoted from vireland:

Define playable.

Playable as in "it could possibly be played"....yes. Playable as in "anyone can walk up and freeplay on it"....no.

#775 1 year ago

I was going to buy this car, but it wouldn't fit pins in it! Lol...I could never afford this car!

20190324_103217 (resized).jpg

#776 1 year ago

My daughter playing Totan

20190324_101551 (resized).jpg
#784 1 year ago

Keith Holbrook Diner. It looks like it was made this morning. It is beautiful!

155344617747877325300 (resized).jpg
#788 1 year ago

In my quest to play all 30 Williams system 11 games...only a few have eluded me. We can now mark this one off:

20190324_131609 (resized).jpg
#793 1 year ago

Grand champion for best overall pinball:
Totan...kevin moore

20190324_150243 (resized).jpg
#794 1 year ago

Great cars out here!!

20190324_151056 (resized).jpg
#838 1 year ago
Quoted from cjchand:

If there was a System 11 zone, I would never leave.

There were so many system 11 games there:

Banzai Run, Black Knight 2000, Cyclone, Dr. Dude, Diner, Elvira and the Party Monsters,
F -14 tomcat, Fire!, Gameshow, High Speed, Jokerz, Mousin around, Pin*Bot, Police Force,
Pool sharks, Radical!, Riverboat Gambler,
Rollergames, Swords of fury, and Whirlwind
were all there at the show.

I was shocked that taxi or earthshaker were NOT there, however.

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Also, it seems like a quarter of the space is dedicated to Virtual Pinball machines, arcades, and a car.....

You can't tell me you didn't like the cars.

IMG-20190323-WA0006 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0008 (resized).jpegIMG-20190323-WA0020 (resized).jpeg
#939 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Stern & TPF wanted the focus on Munsters at TPF since the guests from the TV show were attending.

Im guessing that's why they didnt announce bksor at TPF.

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I want to take a moment to thank Ed and his team for running another great TPF. It did not seem more crowded to me, but I spent very little time with my fingers on flippers.
I also want to thank all of you who came by the American Pinball booth, or those of our distributors, to play one of the 7 Oktoberfest machines that were not the floor. It seemed everyone really enjoyed playing it and while there were always lines, there were not too long and I think most found it worth the wait. The two Houdini's that were there, was also played non-stop typically with a line. I also enjoyed talking with many of you and appreciate the feedback that was shared with us.
I'd also like to thank those who came to our seminar. I hope you enjoyed the beer, brats and pretzels and that it got you into the Oktoberfest mood. I did not get any of the food, but heard it was tasty. I also hope you found the seminar interesting and at least a little bit entertaining.

Bringing that many oktoberfest pins was more than enough. Thank you!
It is easily one of my favorite new pins to come out in recent years!

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Why?
Please explain this.

It is built well, plenty of toys, lots of shots, unique theme, beautiful playfield, great flow.

It is a game that you just keep wanting to play "one more time."

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The pro that I won in the raffle had about 550 plays. I would imagine the premiums had more. I didn't play the pro all weekend, just the premium.
Thanks to Ed and crew for a great show. Thanks to the folks at Retrocade that help me get the machine packed as I had nothing with me. Also thanks to Kelly for tracking down Brett for shipping at the last minute. Pleasure to meet all of you.
Great show! See you all next year.

My son probably put 50 of those ganes on there! Lol

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

So I hear those that are complaining about the amount of down games at the show. It happens. We do get an influx of new people who aren't accustomed to what it takes to keep their machine running at a show. Still others who bring a game that wasn't even prepped for the show. I believe the number of down machines was less than 10% and I got alot of them back up and running as quickly as I could. But things break. That being said if any of you would like to volunteer to help out with the TPF Hospital next year please get in contact with me. I would like to get some more people that could help out if needed, we really need a range of people who are knowledgeable on certain types, mfgs, and years. The TPF Hospital is strictly a volunteer operation, typically we only have some left over parts from working on our machines, and tools. We can always use more parts, and people to help out. Also of note, we only work on those machines where the owner has contacted us, and we don't work on that project machine you didn't have running before the show. We are more of a Triage center, and try to get a down game playable as quickly as possible. Alot of people put their contact info on the card of the game, so if you see a down game, try sending a message to the owner and let them know. Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on how we could do a better job of keeping games running. So please send me a PM.

first off, thank you. I thought y'all did an excellent job and there weren't really many pins down imo.

The only advice i would give would be mainly for exhibitors to check fuses and funtionality before bringing games, leaving a name and phone number with the line "call or text if game is down", and just making surw exhibitors have direct and clear access to numbers to those who may be fixing games to get in line and the hospital.

I actually spoke with multiple exhibitiors that did not know the process on how to get in line for fixes or even who to reach or how to reach them.

#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

I didnt know this existed, I asked the pinsmith to help me get one of my machines working after someone else tried to help me and we couldnt figure out the issue. He was great and got it running in 20 min, needed a new battery holder and CPU ribbon cable cleaned.

I played your southpark a few times. I wish i could have bought it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake St Louis, MO
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside