Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by LateCenturyMods
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 409 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DV-top (resized).jpg
DV-overlook (resized).jpg
DV-biking (resized).jpg
DV-step (resized).jpg
March2019-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20190331_074831 (resized).jpg
20190330_143522 (resized).jpg
88D7200C-C369-4773-8BE3-3B6B2BFA3C24 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 10 months ago
Quoted from extendo:

Hey, I am looking at purchasing some Translites, Stern's attire eg hats and tops from Stern at the event.
I can see Stern attending however I was wondering if they will have items for sale just like they have online at there online store.
They don't ship to Australia so thought I'd purchase when attending.
Thanks.

You can email Stern and ask if you pay in advance can they pack the items and bring to the show with no shipping and handling. Another option is to call your credit card company and add your hotels address to your card, then order from Stern to ship to the hotel a week before you arrive. Add as part of your address with your Stern order, Guest (your name) arriving on x date. I do this every year when I visit family for Christmas by ordering from Amazon and shipping to my hotel

1 week later
#269 9 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

I somehow ended up with the days off for TPF, but cancelled my room weeks ago. Shite.
Now I gotta decide if it's worth it for me to drive 40 miles every day to go and catch a few hours of sleep, and without the alcohol, and paying for full price tickets... ehhhhhhhh
probably not.

Come on man. You know we are all going to tell you how great it was if you don't go. Don't miss out on the fun. Find a local hotel and get an uber to and from the show.

#287 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I’m going. 1st out of town Pinball Show. About time after over 15 years in this hobby. Cannot wait to meet Pinsiders. Dumb question, Speaking of meeting Pinsiders how does that normally go down?

pinballocd There is a meet and greet at a sports bar across the street from 2-5 Friday, with the show opening at 5pm. If you preregistered you can pick up your convention package at the show early before it opens and avoid the long line that starts at 5pm.

Follow this link to learn about the meet and greet and to ask gexchange to make you a custom Pinside badge
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-tpf-meet-and-greet-party

#308 9 months ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Is there a TPF pin for sale area or just what is posted on the machine as you play it?

Just what is posted on the machine. There will be a lot of pins for sale. If you're looking for something specific post it in this group and over here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-texas-pinball-festival-maybe-for-sale-thread

#316 9 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As a TPF First timer who is not staying at the Embassy Suites: how is parking at TPF if you are going to be there first thing Friday & Saturday Morning or am I better off leaving my car at the Hampton Inn 1/2 mile away?? May want to buy a few things at the show and don't really want to lug them around all day, so having the car nearby would help....

You can park at Embassy Suites for $10/day. You shouldn’t have a problem parking there if you get there before noon

1 week later
#410 9 months ago

All of the major mod manufacturers attend TPF, seminars, new game announcements, new games to play first time in public (except this year), etc

#461 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

was there something about register/check-in online?
I bought my pass through the site months ago.. but don't remember if there is more to do.

Go to the registration booth at the show and pick up your badge. You should have an email receipt from Texas Pinball Festival. You probably won’t need the receipt but best to bring it

1 week later
#984 8 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Jeff Bolich's Tri Zone was Best 70's solid state and my Xenon was 1st runner up 80's behind Ron's Galaxy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bill I want to thank you and Jeff for both bringing such nice well maintained games every year. I always look forward to seeing what you two brought to the show.

#1010 8 months ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

So I hear those that are complaining about the amount of down games at the show. A lot of people put their contact info on the card of the game, so if you see a down game, try sending a message to the owner and let them know. Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on how we could do a better job of keeping games running. So please send me a PM.

At SFGE people who bring games are required to provide a set of keys to the staff when checking in a game. Volunteers who are great techs volunteer their time to fix games throughout the show. Game owners display a card with the show tech group email address so that game problems can be quickly reported to staff and a game can be back up and running in less than an hour. The game owner has the option of putting their name and contact info on the game, for sale or not, etc. The show staff responds to emails from attendees about games being down, and dispatches techs to fix them. This keeps 99% of the games running, but occasionally a game can't be fixed.

Two years ago I noticed a lot of games were down, some were not working 100% an hour after the doors opened Friday night. Many games were working 100% but were not set on freeplay so you had to wait for the owner to come by and add credits to the game before you could play it. This year I found very few games that were down, but several where the pitch was very low, causing the game to be no fun to play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside