IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mk1Mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago

In. Come and see me at the Third Coast Pinball booth!

Shawn

#65 6 years ago

I crop dusted all over the floor this year. Except in front of the prewar booth. I was afraid I'd hurt a game with that stuff...

#78 6 years ago

Best money spent off property is at Norma's Cafe just across the street and a half mile up. Home cooking and huge pie at reasonable prices.

1 month later
#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

that's the one across the street correct?

Yes, it's catty corner from the show hall. Actually a shorter walk, you just have to time the traffic carefully. Or chance it and wait for the light.

9 months later
#246 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

My stepson will be walking around, no joke, with his stool so he can reach the games. Will be hard to miss.

Honestly, you'd be surprised how many kids I see walking around that show with their own stools! Gladdens my heart to see it.

Looking forward to my 8th show and bringing both clear machines this year. I love to meet anyone and everyone from Pinside so be sure to say hi!

Shawn

2 weeks later
#371 5 years ago

All three games are cleaned, 100% and ready to load! I'm early this year... Can't wait to see all of you. (And even meet some of yous!)

#390 5 years ago

Got a toll tag after my first TPF. Works here and Houston and for that big 4 lane free for all that lets me bypass Austin at 80MPH.

For a good reasonably priced homestyle meal I highly recommend Norma's Cafe across Gaylord Parkway and a block or two east. Great pie as well.

Shawn

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still looking for a ride back to Austin (south) on Sunday. Just need to be dumped off the I-35 near 6th street exit. I will just have a suitcase. My brother is coming to TPF Friday on his motorcycle.

We're only going as far south as Waco on Sunday then finishing the drive on Monday. Sorry. Bound to be someone here who could help out!

Shawn

1 week later
#974 5 years ago

My annual TPF wrap-up/ .02offering;

I've been coming since the last Grapevine basement show and every year it gets better. I don't come for the tournaments, the lectures or for the VIP guests. I come to meet people and play their games. Every year I meet more and different characters and get to visit again with old pals. And the game selection this year was beyond ridiculous. I took a lot of pictures, most of them poor, but here's a rogues gallery of the things I loved the most about this years' show. As always, a HUGE thanks to Ed and crew, all of the volunteers and the hobbyists and business folk that bring all the wonderful games I show up to play.

Now forgive me, but I have to start with my own contribution. This was the 2015 Best in Show winner and I am grateful it gets a nice up front viewing each year I bring it. Over 450 plays with just a few flubs.
IMG_1259 (resized).JPGIMG_1259 (resized).JPG

Meanwhile my brother was attempting to break my high score on Space Invaders and my EBD. Haven't pulled the audits on them yet but they seemed to be played constantly.
IMG_1262 (resized).JPGIMG_1262 (resized).JPG

This was the nicest most tricked out Iron Maiden you are likely to ever see or play. The wife and I fell in love with the game at the Houston show last year and this one played like a dream. B E A -utiful machine.
IMG_1267 (resized).JPGIMG_1267 (resized).JPG

Yeah, it is pretty. Yes, it plays. No I didn't.
IMG_1268 (resized).JPGIMG_1268 (resized).JPG

Seriously, the nicest Seawitch you will ever play. Now I have to listen to the Beatles because I can't stand to hear a clip of a song and then not the rest. Great music, decent machine.
IMG_1271 (resized).JPGIMG_1271 (resized).JPG

One of the best rows in the show! Best in Show winner TOTAN, TBL and a very fine Diner and Whitewater. Seriously, that TOTAN was amazing.
IMG_1272 (resized).JPGIMG_1272 (resized).JPG

@bingopodcast and @ryanclaytor brought their new publication along with Nick's amazing and award winning Multi-Bingo. Learned a ton about the game I am building and bingo machines in general.
IMG_1286 (resized).JPGIMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_1283 (resized).JPGIMG_1283 (resized).JPG

Spooky was there as usual with their latest machine. There were three of them on the floor in total and the lines were always long!
IMG_1285 (resized).JPGIMG_1285 (resized).JPG

Three more amazing restorations by a master. All played like they were factory fresh or better.
IMG_1289 (resized).JPGIMG_1289 (resized).JPG

Special nostalgia shout out - First EM I ever owned was Duotron, the 2 player version of Magnatron. Fun game and a great memory throwback.
IMG_1296 (resized).JPGIMG_1296 (resized).JPG

I remember playing this one in the wild. Yes, I am old.
IMG_1297 (resized).JPGIMG_1297 (resized).JPG

I gotta say Octoberfest was pretty cool. Fun game with entertaining modes.
IMG_1300 (resized).JPGIMG_1300 (resized).JPG

Pinball aside, its fun now and then to take a break with old friends from the arcade days. Stunt Cycle and Death Race are two of my favorites and having them together in one room really brought back the memories. Thanks to whoever brought these games and shared them. I played them both a bunch!
IMG_1305 (resized).JPGIMG_1305 (resized).JPG
IMG_1311 (resized).JPGIMG_1311 (resized).JPG

The first pinball game I recall playing was an old Bally El Toro. The second was Doodle Bug. Seeing this at the show really took me back. Waaaaay back. Just up from it was a Bally Black Pyramid. I sold mine a number of years ago and have missed it ever since. Thanks for bringing these.
IMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1315 (resized).JPG
IMG_1316 (resized).JPGIMG_1316 (resized).JPG

This is the nicest Galaxy you will ever see. And if you did not see inside of it, trust me, you missed half the show. A real piece of art. Next to it was a nice sample of Dracula and the Spinal Tap that gets better every year.
IMG_1317 (resized).JPGIMG_1317 (resized).JPG

#1025 5 years ago

Final tallies; Space Invaders had short ball times and EBD kept having issues.

20190330_143522 (resized).jpg20190330_143522 (resized).jpg20190331_074831 (resized).jpg20190331_074831 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mk1Mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-texas-pinball-festival?tu=Mk1Mod0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.