IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No one thinks Wonka, Toy Story, GNR2, Black Knight 3, Elvira 3, or any new machine from Stern will be revealed. Stern will be whipping up Munsters and Beatles buzz still, along with every title they can possibly sell in a vault edition or another quick run of 250 machines.

Stern has got it right. Why reveal games at a show? Why talk about stuff you are not ready to sell?

No, show up with games you have in plenty and have ready for people to play from when the doors are opened. Let people play and talk about something that is more feature complete. And what those in the know have a bit of an understanding of beforehand. Use your seminar time on a retrospective topic, that people can put into perspective and get more out of.

There seems to be a significant degree of believe within the pinball hobby, that every new game is basically shit. Which waves off when people actually see the game in the flesh. And when code, rules and display are more up to snuff.

#252 5 years ago

Multimorphic had the glass there last year. It was $25/sheet—no requirement to buy 4.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Stern has got it right. Why reveal games at a show? Why talk about stuff you are not ready to sell?
No, show up with games you have in plenty and have ready for people to play from when the doors are opened. Let people play and talk about something that is more feature complete. And what those in the know have a bit of an understanding of beforehand. Use your seminar time on a retrospective topic, that people can put into perspective and get more out of.
There seems to be a significant degree of believe within the pinball hobby, that every new game is basically shit. Which waves off when people actually see the game in the flesh. And when code, rules and display are more up to snuff.

Perhaps. I tend to think everyone feels the newest thing is GREAT! In then as it turns out its shit... Or forgetful.

I say unveil em. Add some entertainment value, excitement. Make if fun for the pinball fans. Give us stuff to drink and bitch about.

#254 5 years ago

I see others have asked but I will ask. if you need to cancel your reservation at the Embassy suites, I would be mighty appreciative if I could slide in on that....

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Multimorphic had the glass there last year. It was $25/sheet—no requirement to buy 4.

I contacted them and they plan to do this again.
They said they have an even larger order for glass this year that should be delivered to them next week.
It will be sold at the show only at a first come first served basis, but they expect there will be no shortage.

#256 5 years ago

I'm bringing KAHR.US Circuits to the show again this year - I'll have a small booth somewhere in that huge facility. Of course, stop by if you need a daughterboard, but also stop by if you've never seen my Skee display boards, or to meet my Uncle Paul, or to just say hello. Looking forward to next month!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I'm bringing KAHR.US Circuits to the show again this year - I'll have a small booth somewhere in that huge facility. Of course, stop by if you need a daughterboard, but also stop by if you've never seen my Skee display boards, or to meet my Uncle Paul, or to just say hello. Looking forward to next month!
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Uncle Paul FTW!

#258 5 years ago

Anyone heading to TPF that will have room on a truck or trailer to transport a game back to the Wash, DC metro area?

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Anyone heading to TPF that will have room on a truck or trailer to transport a game back to the Wash, DC metro area?

There are a lot of us flying down - maybe break it down into pieces and we can each carry part of it back for you?

Seriously, NicoVolta is driving back in a truck (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-texas-pinball-festival/page/4#post-4806240 ) - he's at least in our State. I also think "Pinballs On The Move" has taken his trailer there in the past.

-Rob

#260 5 years ago

Does anybody know if the truck with the projects are going to be there again this year?

#261 5 years ago

I somehow ended up with the days off for TPF, but cancelled my room weeks ago. Shite.

Now I gotta decide if it's worth it for me to drive 40 miles every day to go and catch a few hours of sleep, and without the alcohol, and paying for full price tickets... ehhhhhhhh

probably not.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I somehow ended up with the days off for TPF, but cancelled my room weeks ago. Shite.
Now I gotta decide if it's worth it for me to drive 40 miles every day to go and catch a few hours of sleep, and without the alcohol, and paying for full price tickets... ehhhhhhhh
probably not.

Or, just get a room somewhere else in Frisco and Uber to it when needed. Mischief managed.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

probably not.

plenty of cheap hotels all around.. no need to be at the show hotel

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Does anybody know if the truck with the projects are going to be there again this year?

It is.

#265 5 years ago

Ya sure about that?
We’re on the fence yet of what we may bring.

#266 5 years ago

Oh I hope you guys bring that truck again! That was one of the highlights of the whole weekend for me!

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Ya sure about that?
We’re on the fence yet of what we may bring.

Well, i happen to know of someone else too. You arent the only game in town!

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Prey tell please.

What is this truck?

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

probably not.

Come on man. You know we are all going to tell you how great it was if you don't go. Don't miss out on the fun. Find a local hotel and get an uber to and from the show.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

plenty of cheap hotels all around.. no need to be at the show hotel

Mark at Discovery Inn does a pinball player special for 59.95 a night...and he has a conference room filled with pins set on freeplay too!!
Pay 1/3 of the price and play pinball whenever...thats the way to go.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Mark at Discovery Inn does a pinball player special for 59.95 a night...and he has a conference room filled with pins set on freeplay too!!
Pay 1/3 of the price and play pinball whenever...thats the way to go.

I wish I would have known that. I booked the hotel with the highest " couples" rating for my wife and I. I'll be sitting in the hot tub with my wife wishing I was playing more pinball..... dang

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I'll be sitting in the hot tub with my wife wishing I was playing more pinball.....

Not if your wife reads this. You’ll be sleeping in the proverbial dog house.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Prey tell please.
What is this truck?

Thought I had pictures but it's probably in last year's thread. Straight truck full of games from an operator's Warehouse that have been variously picked. Fair prices. stuff sold as it was coming off this truck

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Thought I had pictures but it's probably in last year's thread. Straight truck full of games from an operator's Warehouse that have been variously picked. Fair prices. stuff sold as it was coming off this truck

I assume you may be talking about what we brought last year?
This was one of our two truck we brought last year. We brought a Penske and our white box truck, filled to gills with STUFF.
Only pics I could find of it online.
Also a pic of local collector/friend Randolph wanted to see what we brought, so I let him have a little sneak peak Friday night before the swap meet.
Most everything I had priced between $200-$500 in various states of dis-repair.

fun_truck1 (resized).jpgfun_truck1 (resized).jpgrandolph (resized).jpgrandolph (resized).jpg
#275 5 years ago

This was one of our two truck we brought last year. We brought a Penske and our white box truck, filled to gills with STUFF.
Also a pic of local collector/friend Randolph wanted to see what we brought, so I let him have a little sneak peak Friday night before the swap meet.
Most everything I had priced between $200-$500 in various states of dis-repair. [quoted image][quoted image]

That was it! Thought I remember you saying you were coming back this year but wasn't sure.

#276 5 years ago

It's official. Multimorphic is once again selling playfield glass at TPF.

Standard size (43x21"), ultra clear, low iron, rounded edges.

We're keeping it simple this year... $25 per sheet. First come, first served. No limit. While supplies last. We'll have wrapping materials available for you to use, if desired.

We'll be open for glass sales at 2-4pm Friday afternoon for vendors and then during normal show hours, while supplies last. (300+ sheets). Exceptions made only for TPF organizers (PM us). Please respect the show and the hotel and discard old glass properly.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#277 5 years ago

Most everything I had priced between $200-$500 in various states of dis-repair. [quoted image][quoted image]

Are you bringing items again this year?

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

So my mate Macca101010 loves his Cowboy hats and would like to know where to go and buy one : )

We had a great experience at Wild Bill's Western Wear right in Dallas! Get your hat fitted while you sit on a saddle at a marble bar with a cold beer!

#279 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm if there will be a Munsters Premium or LE available to play at TPF?

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Can anyone confirm if there will be a Munsters Premium or LE available to play at TPF?

There are 10 Premiums listed on the game list:
https://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2019-game-line-up/

#281 5 years ago

Wow....that list looks awesome, thanks for that

#282 5 years ago

TEXAS PINBALL FESTIVAL SAVINGS!

ATTENDEES - Free delivery to the show! Select "Free Pickup at TPF" during checkout on our store site!
EXHIBITORS - Save $50 when you exhibit your display in a game at the show! Contact us at [email protected]!

We will have a limited number of displays for sale at the show. Order now to reserve your display!

http://shop.colordmd.com

tpf2019aD2 (resized).pngtpf2019aD2 (resized).png

#283 5 years ago

Make that 11 Munsters Premiums. I just registered my game thats going to be in the Marco /Fun! area!

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Make that 11 Munsters Premiums. I just registered my game thats going to be in the Marco /Fun! area!

They’ll be more than 11 there.
16 to be exact! Munsters will be well represented at the TPF.

Also I’ve just been given word of a last minute sale on The Beatles Gold Demo Games if someone is interested in picking one of these up at a great price! Contact me via PM or at the store for details.
972-488-9622 ext 202

F1F6DBE0-3E40-48B0-9910-1DC8FE538CD7 (resized).jpegF1F6DBE0-3E40-48B0-9910-1DC8FE538CD7 (resized).jpeg
#286 5 years ago

I’m going. 1st out of town Pinball Show. About time after over 15 years in this hobby. Cannot wait to meet Pinsiders. Dumb question, Speaking of meeting Pinsiders how does that normally go down?

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I’m going. 1st out of town Pinball Show. About time after over 15 years in this hobby. Cannot wait to meet Pinsiders. Dumb question, Speaking of meeting Pinsiders how does that normally go down?

Pinballocd There is a meet and greet at a sports bar across the street from 2-5 Friday, with the show opening at 5pm. If you preregistered you can pick up your convention package at the show early before it opens and avoid the long line that starts at 5pm.

Follow this link to learn about the meet and greet and to ask Gexchange to make you a custom Pinside badge
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-tpf-meet-and-greet-party

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Speaking of meeting Pinsiders how does that normally go down?

If you are buying them beers, it will be easy.

Just messing with you. Wear a name tag or get one of the Game Exchange lanyards. When you see someone ( not in the middle of a game ) walk up, say hi. Don't be afraid to mingle. Ask what games they have. Challenge them to a game.

Be friendly. A little assertive. If they don't respond, move on. Lots of people there. And you usually get out of a show what you put into it.

LTG : )

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I know that I will have a difficult time because I associate pinsiders with their graphic and lees than by their name, I am more visually oriented. Loyd ought to be easy to recognize though from his waddle. I hope he and I can compare bills.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I know that I will have a difficult time because I associate pinsiders with their graphic and lees than by their name, I am more visually oriented. Loyd out to be easy to recognize though from his waddle. I hope he and I can compare bills.

I'll be there too. Look for the sparkles....

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I'll be there too. Look for the sparkles....

Oh so pretty.

LTG : )

#292 5 years ago

Well then are Kegs allowed? JK! Sounds good, Thanks guys.

#293 5 years ago

I need Pinball magazine #5, are they going to be in the Pinsound booth again?

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I need Pinball magazine #5, are they going to be in the Pinsound booth again?

I'm pretty sure Jonathan will have some with him. I'll also have some and would be happy to hook you up.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#295 5 years ago

cross posted from tpf sale thread.

GET YOUR NEW IN BOX HOUDINI FOR $500 OFF AT TPF!!

You’re in luck! American Pinball is moving building, which means we’re moving our Houdini machines – and we’re bringing them to Texas Pinball Festival while we’re at it!

Houdini MSRP $6,995

SHOW PRICE: $6,495

Pick Up from the show - FREE SHIPPING

Need to know by 3/15/19 for guaranteed delivery to the show.

This machine DOES NOT need to be a "show game" to get this price.

We also have deals on

Dialed In! Standard
Dialed In! Limited
Hobbit Black Arrow
Hobbit Smaug
Attack from Mars Remake Classic (with color upgrade)
Attack From Mars Remake Special
Monster Bash Classic
Monster Bash Special
TNA

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Has everyone checked in if your going:
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/texas-pinball-festival-2019
It's at the very bottom

Thanks for the pointer, didn't know this was something you could do!

#298 5 years ago

Hi I’m from Australia and have no way of getting to the festival but really want one of the limited edition Munsters Tees from stern. Anyone going willing to get me one and send it to me please?

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Hi I’m from Australia and have no way of getting to the festival but really want one of the limited edition Munsters Tees from stern. Anyone going willing to get me one and send it to me please?

Post what size.

I'm sure someone from OZ will pick one up.

#300 5 years ago

I'm arriving Thursday, thanks to the insistence of my buddy who wanted to take things easy rather than arrive the day of. But now he had to bail on me, so I'm looking for stuff to do / people to join Thursday evening and Friday pre-show. I noticed there's the National Videogame Museum: how is that, is it worth checking out? I know about the meet and greet but there's still plenty of time before that on Friday.

Anyone else staying at Staybridge Colony? I'm a sucker for hot buffet spread...

Quoted from Frax:

I seriously want to put out a "Best Hole-in-the-Wall Guide" before the show next year, because I see posts like this and just want to smash heads in. It's not ALL about freakin' BBQ or overpriced crap, but ya gotta venture out and around a bit.

What happened? I could use this, Thursday night might be the time to check one of these places out. I may have to go scan last year's thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-texas-pinball-festival/page/6?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.