IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg

There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.
#901 4 years ago

I had awesome time at TPF 2019!

I thought the flowy layout was really nice. If you wanted to play munsters or Oktoberfest and the lines were long, there is always a game hidden away with no line somewhere else.

I liked that the vendors were mixed into the action, something to look at on every corner!

We had a blast!

Definitely coming for TPF 2020!

Are the dates announced?
I'm thinking march 20-22 2020?
By looking at the calendar...?

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Are the dates announced?

March 27 - 29 2020!

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Have you been to previous TPF's? This "extra room" you speak of is minimal. As others have mentioned in this thread, there was extra space on the main floor that was not being utilized. It's a problem with layout. Not size.

I've been there for a number of years. There are additional conference rooms on the 2nd floor; the largest combinable room up there holds 210 people so I'm not sure if that would be large enough for the seminars or not; I think that's half the capacity of the current seminar room. Might be a problem being too far removed from the main floor as well.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

March 27 - 29 2020!

Thanks! Now to try and book a room lol.

It's getting competitive !

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So of course a big thanks to the organizers, volunteers, and all those that brought games. The show is nothing without the games. I have watched TPF grow and move venues over the years. The show has always been great but this year seems the biggest. The main floor was EXTREMELY crowded. Lines for almost every game so had to wait to play which is not a complaint...that means lots of people playing games. But moving around in there was a PAIN IN THE ASS. People constantly blocking aisles....and a NO PETS policy should be put in place on the main floor. It was crowded enough with all the people but now I have to watch out to not step on a dog, dogs in strollers taking up more space.....keep your pets in the room. They have NO business inside the event. Space management should be looked at...mostly to keep aisles clear so people can move around.
I think moving the tournament games out of the main room was good....less distraction for the tourney players and it keeps people from walking up to play on the tournament games.
The organizers are good people and work hard to make it an enjoyable experience. I am sure they know what worked and what didn’t and will work to make improvements where they can to make it the best show possible.
Overall if the worst part of the show was it being a little over crowed then this was another great show.

I think movement was pretty easy around the show aisles... it was in the vendor spaces where things got tough IMO.

The only real bottlenecks that stand out to me were in between American Pinball and Flip N Out. Others were more in the booths, like the congestion tables caused in both the Marco and Kingpin booths.

The lines at the show merch counter kept me from buying.. as most times I would go by and maybe think of buying something, the line was way out the front door. Not sure what other activities were going on there so frequently.. but it kept me away.

#906 4 years ago

The show definitely felt more crowded this year and that is thanks to increased attendance. I can't say that having the tournament in the main room bothered me, but it was nice to have the extra space for more exhibitors and vendors. When I passed the tournament room, it did look a bit crowded.

FWIW, the show getting larger is a good thing for pinball. I'm sure the organizers are considering all of these things as they plan for next years show. I'll definitely be there!

#907 4 years ago

Flow....there was no flow....countless times there was no easy path to get from one end of the show to the other. People were clogging the aisles. You had to literally tap people to move out of your way to get through. It is my only complaint really and it’s not so much a complaint but it’s a sign the show has grown even more. Need to have a little more aisle room to ease getting from one end of the show to the other.

It was a change not having the tourney in the main room and sure the organizers were trying something different to see if it opened up a little more space. I think the best feedback on that will come from those running and playing in the tourney.

It’s easy to nit pick the little things but there are many more good things about this show...one of the reasons it is easily one of the best to go to.

#908 4 years ago

I think the added amount of booths and booth real estate gave it that congested feeling.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

You're missing the point. It's not about promoting the tournament to get more people to play in it. Also, there was a side tournament that anyone could play in, no limit of players.

Anyway, I realize this site is geared more to the collector crowd and not the competitive scene so I'll move on from the tourney talk.

Thanks to all the organizers, tourney crew, volunteers, and exhibitors. It was a blast as always and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Don't move on - the tournament is an essential part of the successful TPF calculus.

So why not put the crappiest part of the show in the side rooms that housed the tournament this year? That would be the heat-lamp pizza and stadium nacho chips the hotel had in the main lobby of the place. They could have an "in" door and an "out" door for that food vending and the common dining tables in the hallway would attract enough attention to keep sales level. Having the tournament set up where that stand/dining space was would be high-visibility. Seems to me it could be configured such that the crowd wanting to witness the event could surround it on 3 sides behind a rope line and the only player access could be through the main hall - like through the doors over where the PinSound booth was this year. Heck, even people without paid admission could watch the event if they so desired.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

If it was set up where the 4 large dining tables sat the tourney could be very visible roped off from entry

#910 4 years ago

Thank you to everyone involved in making TPF happen, as it is such a fantastic and fun event.

There are so many people to recognize and thank, including the organizers, the volunteers at the loading area/doors/tables/tournament/etc., the venue staff/electrical/maintenance/etc., the exhibitors, the vendors, the very nice Frisco police, the food providers, the attendees, and many others I am certainly leaving out.

For anyone who wants more photos (especially crowd shots!), I took dozens, and am posting them here

My apologies in advance to anyone who doesn't want to see them/scroll through them!

IMG_0195 (resized).pngIMG_0195 (resized).pngIMG_0218 (resized).pngIMG_0218 (resized).pngIMG_0271 (resized).pngIMG_0271 (resized).pngIMG_0303 (resized).pngIMG_0303 (resized).pngIMG_0420 (resized).pngIMG_0420 (resized).pngIMG_0432 (resized).pngIMG_0432 (resized).pngIMG_0458 (resized).pngIMG_0458 (resized).pngIMG_0642 (resized).pngIMG_0642 (resized).pngIMG_0748 (resized).pngIMG_0748 (resized).pngIMG_1262 (resized).pngIMG_1262 (resized).pngIMG_1518 (resized).pngIMG_1518 (resized).pngIMG_1660 (resized).pngIMG_1660 (resized).png
#911 4 years ago

More photos.....

IMG_1766 (resized).pngIMG_1766 (resized).pngIMG_1789 (resized).pngIMG_1789 (resized).pngIMG_1872 (resized).pngIMG_1872 (resized).pngIMG_2003 (resized).pngIMG_2003 (resized).pngIMG_2008 (resized).pngIMG_2008 (resized).pngIMG_2255 (resized).pngIMG_2255 (resized).pngIMG_2270 (resized).pngIMG_2270 (resized).pngIMG_2492 (resized).pngIMG_2492 (resized).pngIMG_2537 (resized).pngIMG_2537 (resized).pngIMG_2795 (resized).pngIMG_2795 (resized).pngIMG_2814 (resized).pngIMG_2814 (resized).pngIMG_2859 (resized).pngIMG_2859 (resized).png
#912 4 years ago

More photos.....

IMG_2893 (resized).pngIMG_2893 (resized).pngIMG_3131 (resized).pngIMG_3131 (resized).pngIMG_3173 (resized).pngIMG_3173 (resized).pngIMG_3252 (resized).pngIMG_3252 (resized).pngIMG_3484 (resized).pngIMG_3484 (resized).pngIMG_3580 (resized).pngIMG_3580 (resized).pngIMG_3585 (resized).pngIMG_3585 (resized).pngIMG_3611 (resized).pngIMG_3611 (resized).pngIMG_3782 (resized).pngIMG_3782 (resized).pngIMG_4020 (resized).pngIMG_4020 (resized).pngIMG_4082 (resized).pngIMG_4082 (resized).pngIMG_4150 (resized).pngIMG_4150 (resized).png
#913 4 years ago

More photos.....

IMG_4559 (resized).pngIMG_4559 (resized).pngIMG_4599 (resized).pngIMG_4599 (resized).pngIMG_4750 (resized).pngIMG_4750 (resized).pngIMG_4854 (resized).pngIMG_4854 (resized).pngIMG_5071 (resized).pngIMG_5071 (resized).pngIMG_5362 (resized).pngIMG_5362 (resized).pngIMG_5448 (resized).pngIMG_5448 (resized).pngIMG_5519 (resized).pngIMG_5519 (resized).pngIMG_5847 (resized).pngIMG_5847 (resized).pngIMG_5858 (resized).pngIMG_5858 (resized).pngIMG_5906 (resized).pngIMG_5906 (resized).pngIMG_5920 (resized).pngIMG_5920 (resized).png
#914 4 years ago

More photos.....

IMG_6164 (resized).pngIMG_6164 (resized).pngIMG_6505 (resized).pngIMG_6505 (resized).pngIMG_6612 (resized).pngIMG_6612 (resized).pngIMG_6722 (resized).pngIMG_6722 (resized).pngIMG_7059 (resized).pngIMG_7059 (resized).pngIMG_7233 (resized).pngIMG_7233 (resized).pngIMG_7273 (resized).pngIMG_7273 (resized).pngIMG_7591 (resized).pngIMG_7591 (resized).pngIMG_7778 (resized).pngIMG_7778 (resized).pngIMG_7806 (resized).pngIMG_7806 (resized).pngIMG_8096 (resized).pngIMG_8096 (resized).pngIMG_8439 (resized).pngIMG_8439 (resized).png
#915 4 years ago

More photos.....

IMG_8556 (resized).pngIMG_8556 (resized).pngIMG_8558 (resized).pngIMG_8558 (resized).pngIMG_8653 (resized).pngIMG_8653 (resized).pngIMG_8656 (resized).pngIMG_8656 (resized).pngIMG_8814 (resized).pngIMG_8814 (resized).pngIMG_9387 (resized).pngIMG_9387 (resized).pngIMG_9706 (resized).pngIMG_9706 (resized).pngIMG_9908 (resized).pngIMG_9908 (resized).pngIMG_9960 (resized).pngIMG_9960 (resized).png
#916 4 years ago

Lots of brushes with people wearing back packs. If you're going to wear a back pack to a crowded convention then please watch where you turn.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Also, I bet 95% of people at the show had no idea a tournament was happening. That is a problem.
The organizers of the show, the tournament directors, volunteers, and techs put so much hard work into running one of the best tournaments in the world at TPF. Top players from around the world come for the tournament. And it was hidden from the general public.
The #1 player in the world won the tournament in one of the most exciting finishes I have seen live. I hate that people missed out on that.
We always try to find ways to promote competitive pinball and get people excited/interested in it. Every TPF prior I have had multiple people come up to me and ask "what is going on here, is this a pinball tournament?" as they walk through the door and see a large group of people cheering and watching the finals on a projector. This was the opposite of promotion. It needs to change. Period.

Everyone really cares about the tournament, knows about it. It's all over the TPF website, advertising if you want to compete in classics and what not. If I was paying to come for the day by myself or with my family, I would not pay to watch other people play, but play games myself. It didn't need more promotion. Wizards had a large wait list. There's a lot going on at TPF and you could make the same argument for seminar exposure, etc.

Moving to another room was a smart move and I'm sure the players appreciated having that hallway right there as well. Chicago Expo had it in the hallway last year. They could possibly do that (but worry about being able to lock the games at night).

#918 4 years ago

I had a blast playing some old machines that reminded me of my youth. I even got some decent scores!

C9CBE1CB-805A-4CDA-B954-098C26E8F946 (resized).jpegC9CBE1CB-805A-4CDA-B954-098C26E8F946 (resized).jpeg
#919 4 years ago

Had a great time as always. Took longer to break down due to the new truss and display displays, but it was totally worth it. Thanks to the many people that complimented us on the trusses and the games. We had:

9 jjp games
6 cgc (4 in our booth, 2 in cgc booth)
2 api
1 spooky
3 namco games (multi games with built in fridges)
Lots of free flyers

Already talked with ed about more space for next year!

20190322_170811 (resized).jpg20190322_170811 (resized).jpg20190322_170821 (resized).jpg20190322_170821 (resized).jpg20190322_170830 (resized).jpg20190322_170830 (resized).jpg20190322_170847 (resized).jpg20190322_170847 (resized).jpg20190322_170853 (resized).jpg20190322_170853 (resized).jpg20190323_134003 (resized).jpg20190323_134003 (resized).jpg20190323_133843 (resized).jpg20190323_133843 (resized).jpg20190323_133947 (resized).jpg20190323_133947 (resized).jpg20190323_134013 (resized).jpg20190323_134013 (resized).jpg
#920 4 years ago

Just want to thank Ed, Kim, Paul and all others on Team TPF for another fantastic event! Didn't play much pinball at all as I was too busy socializing. So many great people at the show. The show keeps getting better. Will be back next year I will write a show report, which will be available on www.pinball-magazine.com soon.

#921 4 years ago

The vendors were my pleasant surprise of the show. I have never seen such a good selection of stuff across so many vendors in one room.

#922 4 years ago

I had awesome time at TPF 2019!
I thought the flowy layout was really nice. If you wanted to play munsters or Oktoberfest and the lines were long, there is always a game hidden away with no line somewhere else.
I liked that the vendors were mixed into the action, something to look at on every corner!
We had a blast!
Definitely coming for TPF 2020!
Are the dates announced?
I'm thinking march 20-22 2020?
By looking at the calendar...?

Would have liked to meet you and talked Houdini. Next year.

#923 4 years ago

TPF was fantastic - I loved every minute of it here are some suggestions to improve it even more.

The wizards being in the side room worked for me, the only issue where the unhelpful people who would come in and wait at the door area blocking the way from the waiting area to the games area. Having played at the last two I preferred the side room, the game choice was epic, really like the games! And it ran super smooth!

The seminars need urgent work, you can't just take $person and dump them onto a stage with no plan about what they are going to talk about. Too many of them where like that. Sound quality was a lot better. The stream of Bowen's thing though could have been a lot better with a little effort, it was easier to see the carpet than the score on the projector screen.

The main event was superb but the layout needs work. Where AP/FLIP IN and OUT/Coinstar /JJP where was chaos, they need spacing out more. The bit where the back to the future car was empty and the space could have been much better used. Also there was like some sort of door space between CGC and Fun that was also very busy. Also whilst it was cool to have the munsters cars there it made the Fun/Marco stand more cramped than last year, and kudos to those guys for having so many munsters pins there to play.

The key thing for me though was how long it took to play a game, on Saturday I don't think there was a game that wasn't 4-5 players deep waiting. yes you can do multiplayer etc but from what I remember of 2018 this seemed wildly different, was there less games? Or more people? Or did i just imagine it? figuring out how to get more pinballs in I think is super important given the show seems to grown year on year.

but another event that was worth travelling from the UK to Dallas for, thanks to those who put it on and the many many excellent volunteers.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The key thing for me though was how long it took to play a game, on Saturday I don't think there was a game that wasn't 4-5 players deep waiting.

This wasn’t my experience on Saturday (or Friday or Sunday for that matter). If all you wanted to play was Alice Cooper or Oktoberfest then yes, you were going to wait a good while between games. But while the average machine had someone playing it, if you could wait for them to finish you were in. And when I didn’t feel like waiting I could always walk around a find a few machines with no one on them.

Was it crowded? Sure. But as a first time attendee I wouldn’t say it was overcrowded.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The key thing for me though was how long it took to play a game, on Saturday I don't think there was a game that wasn't 4-5 players deep waiting. yes you can do multiplayer etc but from what I remember of 2018 this seemed wildly different, was there less games? Or more people? Or did i just imagine it?

Saturday was terrible for playing games at TPF 2018 also. Long lines on pretty much every game. It really sucked. Friday was ok, and LATE Saturday night was ok, but Sunday was awesome. No meaningful wait anywhere.

#926 4 years ago

If it wasn't one of the newest games, you could just walk around and see which groups were on ball three and wait. Not too bad.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

If it wasn't one of the newest games, you could just walk around and see which groups were on ball three and wait. Not too bad.

Yeah you could play the older ones. But anything made in the last 30 years had a wait. Usually with multiple players on it. ReplayFX is awesome in that they had so many games there was never a wait except on the very most recent release.

#928 4 years ago

Excellent TPF experience this year. Not much hype made about the theme, but appreciated the 4 "Joker Poker" machines just inside the door. 2 EMs and 2 SS. The banners hanging from the hallways outside the show were for sale, and resembled these machines.

IMG_3270 (resized).jpgIMG_3270 (resized).jpg
#929 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The seminars need urgent work, you can't just take $person and dump them onto a stage with no plan about what they are going to talk about.

Looks over at JJP... <_<

I'd like to see the TPF organizers to hold presenters accountable for having presentation-worthy content. Turning what should have been just a press release into an hour-long session was not really enjoyable for anyone involved.

On a similar note, presuming we're going to get the official release of BKSoF today, as a TPF attendee that really ticks me off. Would like Stern to have shown us some love there. A big part of the reason to attend a show like this is to be there for big announcements.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The stream of Bowen's thing though could have been a lot better with a little effort, it was easier to see the carpet than the score on the projector screen.

Agreed!

Suggestion: The TPF team should own any video feeds so they can ensure they have the right hardware available, optimized for the location. After all, this reflects not just on the vendor but also the event itself.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thanks to those who put it on and the many many excellent volunteers.

My bitching aside, I really did love the event!

I'm also happy that I was able to volunteer and pitch in. They made the volunteering process easy, though perhaps a quick write up for our assigned task would have smoothed things out a bit. It was on-the-job training for registrations, but we eventually got it worked out

#930 4 years ago

I took my wife and 21+ old nephews to TPF for the first time this year and everyone had a blast. Waits were there on some machines, like already reported, but we all got to play what we came to play, and we played a lot of pinball we hadn’t expected to play too. Vendors had plenty of wares, there was fun, drama, and more pinball than you will see at any other show, except maybe Expo, and although the vibe is different, the experience of Expo and TPF are very similar. Pinball takes over a major hotel for a weekend of fun. The organization is different, the weather is different, the people are different, but there are enough recognizable faces to let you know you are in the middle of the pinball universe for a couple of days each year when you attend either event. I have been going to Expo off and on for over 25 years, but now TPF is permanently inked into the calendar as well. Kudos to the organizers and sponsors for such a great festival. For anyone who did not stay at the Embassy, we stayed at the Legacy Marriot and would recommend it for those looking for a little peace and quiet away from the constant press of the crowd. Not that that is a bad thing, but when you spend the entire day with a room full of pinheads, a quiet dinner, a soothing, relaxing nights sleep, a wonderful breakfast buffet, and you are ready to go elbows deep back into it the next day. The drive over is easy, no main roads to fight traffic on, and it was the only closest, nicest, Marriot with vacancy

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I took my wife and 21+ old nephews to TPF for the first time this year and everyone had a blast. Waits were there on some machines, like already reported, but we all got to play what we came to play, and we played a lot of pinball we hadn’t expected to play too. Vendors had plenty of wares, there was fun, drama, and more pinball than you will see at any other show, except maybe Expo, and although the vibe is different, the experience of Expo and TPF are very similar. Pinball takes over a major hotel for a weekend of fun. The organization is different, the weather is different, the people are different, but there are enough recognizable faces to let you know you are in the middle of the pinball universe for a couple of days each year when you attend either event. I have been going to Expo off and on for over 25 years, but now TPF is permanently inked into the calendar as well. Kudos to the organizers and sponsors for such a great festival. For anyone who did not stay at the Embassy, we stayed at the Legacy Marriot and would recommend it for those looking for a little peace and quiet away from the constant press of the crowd. Not that that is a bad thing, but when you spend the entire day with a room full of pinheads, a quiet dinner, a soothing, relaxing nights sleep, a wonderful breakfast buffet, and you are ready to go elbows deep back into it the next day. The drive over is easy, no main roads to fight traffic on, and it was the only closest, nicest, Marriot with vacancy

I'm curious what the attendance numbers were.

It seemed busier than last year and was much harder to book a room anywhere within walking distance.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Moving to another room was a smart move and I'm sure the players appreciated having that hallway right there as well. Chicago Expo had it in the hallway last year. They could possibly do that (but worry about being able to lock the games at night).

I had my Polynesia custom pin in the hallway next to our vendor booth (Eight Bit Dreams, the guys with all of the pinball and b&w movie drink coasters). It was there all weekend, there were no issues with anyone playing it after we left and covered it. I'm sure they could do even more to secure a tournament bank of games if they decide to go that route.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from Hardsuit:

I had my Polynesia custom pin in the hallway next to our vendor booth (Eight Bit Dreams, the guys with all of the pinball and b&amp;w movie drink coasters). It was there all weekend, there were no issues with anyone playing it after we left and covered it. I'm sure they could do even more to secure a tournament bank of games if they decide to go that route.

That machine is a thing of beauty. Amazing!

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

presuming we're going to get the official release of BKSoF today, as a TPF attendee that really ticks me off. Would like Stern to have shown us some love there.

Stern & TPF wanted the focus on Munsters at TPF since the guests from the TV show were attending.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from Hardsuit:

I had my Polynesia custom pin in the hallway next to our vendor booth (Eight Bit Dreams, the guys with all of the pinball and b&amp;w movie drink coasters). It was there all weekend, there were no issues with anyone playing it after we left and covered it. I'm sure they could do even more to secure a tournament bank of games if they decide to go that route.

This was an amazing piece of custom woodworking, the skiball was a nice touch. What was the donor machine? I figured it was a Bally due to zipper flippers, but it wasn’t a Fireball. Enjoyed playing a game on it.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

On a similar note, presuming we're going to get the official release of BKSoF today, as a TPF attendee that really ticks me off. Would like Stern to have shown us some love there. A big part of the reason to attend a show like this is to be there for big announcements.

Stern doesn't announce new games at shows anymore. They've got a pretty good thing going with their method of releasing a professionally-produced teaser, then an IGN interview with lots of high-quality pics, and then a Deadflip stream, with games shipping shortly thereafter. They get the pinball news day all to themselves, and have complete control over the images of their game that get out to the public. Not sure why they'd want to depart from that.

As a TPF attendee would I have loved to get the first look at Black Knight 3 or Willy Wonka? Hell yes. But I understand that it doesn't make business sense for Stern and JJP to do things that way anymore, and ultimately they have to look out for their bottom lines, not TPFs.

#937 4 years ago

I want to take a moment to thank Ed and his team for running another great TPF. It did not seem more crowded to me, but I spent very little time with my fingers on flippers.

I also want to thank all of you who came by the American Pinball booth, or those of our distributors, to play one of the 7 Oktoberfest machines that were not the floor. It seemed everyone really enjoyed playing it and while there were always lines, there were not too long and I think most found it worth the wait. The two Houdini's that were there, was also played non-stop typically with a line. I also enjoyed talking with many of you and appreciate the feedback that was shared with us.

I'd also like to thank those who came to our seminar. I hope you enjoyed the beer, brats and pretzels and that it got you into the Oktoberfest mood. I did not get any of the food, but heard it was tasty. I also hope you found the seminar interesting and at least a little bit entertaining.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This was an amazing piece of custom woodworking, the skiball was a nice touch. What was the donor machine? I figured it was a Bally due to zipper flippers, but it wasn’t a Fireball. Enjoyed playing a game on it.

1968 Williams Student Prince.

Skiball? Do you mean the sphere in the backglass Tiki's tummy? If so it's actually a 3" sphere of mahogany obsidian.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Stern &amp; TPF wanted the focus on Munsters at TPF since the guests from the TV show were attending.

Im guessing that's why they didnt announce bksor at TPF.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I want to take a moment to thank Ed and his team for running another great TPF. It did not seem more crowded to me, but I spent very little time with my fingers on flippers.
I also want to thank all of you who came by the American Pinball booth, or those of our distributors, to play one of the 7 Oktoberfest machines that were not the floor. It seemed everyone really enjoyed playing it and while there were always lines, there were not too long and I think most found it worth the wait. The two Houdini's that were there, was also played non-stop typically with a line. I also enjoyed talking with many of you and appreciate the feedback that was shared with us.
I'd also like to thank those who came to our seminar. I hope you enjoyed the beer, brats and pretzels and that it got you into the Oktoberfest mood. I did not get any of the food, but heard it was tasty. I also hope you found the seminar interesting and at least a little bit entertaining.

Bringing that many oktoberfest pins was more than enough. Thank you!
It is easily one of my favorite new pins to come out in recent years!

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stern doesn't announce new games at shows anymore

This is fine if they want to try and elivate pinball up above the smoky bars, bowling alleys, pool halls, and back alley arcades and make pinball a mainstream consumer item, but they can not forget the player and not show them a little love. I think if DR actually gets off the ground and starts building machines, teaming up with TPF like Stern does with Expo will be the way to go for TPF. But other Chicago manufacturers have eyes on the Expo sponsorship, according to a sales manager I talked with recently, but its just talk.

I would like manufacturers to know that traveling all over the country to these shows is how word of mouth from players gets back the quickest to enclaves of other pinball buying customers. When I come home and go to my pinball league, I will tell everyone about the new machines and what was fun and what was not. These are high end customers all the way down to the guy who is there because he can only afford $15 to play in a monthly league, but these are the people driving the resurgence of pinball, and reports from a show are the most meaniful to them because these are players and people in their league that they trust, not some random Pinsider review or Youtube channel, or podcast, no offence to any of them.

#942 4 years ago

A lot of Munsters at the show. They played like William's games.
Not Stern-like at all.
I was pleasantly surprised.

But I think Oktoberfest was the sleeper that stole the show.
Really fun game.

That and the incredibly restored Diner, what a joy to play.

With all the people playing Houdini, it might be time to do another run on them. The guys I talked to in line had zero complaints. All had a great time.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from Hardsuit:

3" sphere of mahogany obsidian.

Well at first glance, it screamed Ski Ball, and that seemed oddly appropriate in a coin op amusement machine.

#944 4 years ago

Congrats epthegeek on the new role! You wouldn't reveal the role on friday when we chatted, but Bowen covered it in the slap save podcast - "Spooky is also bringing on Eric Priebke, who did Cactus Canyon Continued…[he] will also be a programmer. And we’ll both be working under Scott Danesi for his next game."

w00p!

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Stern &amp; TPF wanted the focus on Munsters at TPF since the guests from the TV show were attending.

Fair point. I didn't think of it that way.

#946 4 years ago

I'm curious what the attendance numbers were.
It seemed busier than last year and was much harder to book a room anywhere within walking distance.

Hotels were all booked due to the College Hockey championships going on in Frisco last weekend as well. The Hampton Inn I stayed at had two teams staying there.......

#947 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone I met at TPF for being friendly and inviting. I'm still just getting into this hobby and I only get to play a real machine maybe every 4-5 weeks at best. I had such a good time that I think I'm coming back next year!

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is easily one of my favorite new pins to come out in recent years!

Why?
Please explain this.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Why?
Please explain this.

It is built well, plenty of toys, lots of shots, unique theme, beautiful playfield, great flow.

It is a game that you just keep wanting to play "one more time."

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is built well, plenty of toys, lots of shots, unique theme, beautiful playfield, great flow.
It is a game that you just keep wanting to play "one more time."

Cool. I tried to like it, but it seemed too slow for me. There were constant stops when you had to select a mode and the return speed to the flippers wasn’t there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
17,945 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 49.99
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-texas-pinball-festival/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.