IMG_6484 (resized).jpg
DSC02449 (resized).jpg
DSC02509 (resized).jpg
IMG_6478 (resized).jpg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
IMG_6485 (resized).jpg
IMG_6486 (resized).jpg
ENE6vZutSbK7OdtSdbGgHQ (resized).jpg
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Will Brian Eddy be at the show, doing autographs?
thx

Damn, that would have been nice to know. I would have absolutely pulled my translite for him to sign.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

my recommendation is that people be honest about how much they’re really going to drive around during the weekend. When I travel on business, I never rent a car anymore. Usually everything I do is within a specific radius, so I Lyft it (or take turns picking up the Lyft with co-workers). Ultimately ends up at least a wash, if not ahead.
Anyway, just food for thought

I got a mid-size car for $17/day, with fees totals $82 for the weekend. I don't know much about the ride-shares but I imagine that's tough to beat.

By the way, if any need a ride from there, I'm arriving at DAL / Love field, Thursday at 5pm. Then I'll be heading to the Arcade Museum for the pre-party.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

This is my first TPF, and also i'm also bringing a pin, is there any rules against putting a sign up on your machine indicating that it is for trade/sale with contact info?

Nope not a problem. Pin just can't leave until Sunday when the show is over.

#454 5 years ago

Does anyone know if exhibitors can bring a plus 1 or 2 to the exhibitor-only event on Saturday night? I'm bringing a machine but my two buddies who I'm trying to get to join this cult won't be.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Does anyone know if exhibitors can bring a plus 1 or 2 to the exhibitor-only event on Saturday night? I'm bringing a machine but my two buddies who I'm trying to get to join this cult won't be.

I believe it is only 1 person per game.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

This is my first TPF, and also i'm also bringing a pin, is there any rules against putting a sign up on your machine indicating that it is for trade/sale with contact info?

When you check in with your machine, they will give you a card to place on the backglass that you can write your contact information and if your are selling etc.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Yes, 1 person = 1 game. No +1s.

#458 5 years ago

Sold!

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

I've got a weekend pass that I won't be able to use available. $50 via PayPal or Venmo if anyone still needs one.

PM sent

#460 5 years ago

was there something about register/check-in online?

I bought my pass through the site months ago.. but don't remember if there is more to do.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

was there something about register/check-in online?
I bought my pass through the site months ago.. but don't remember if there is more to do.

Go to the registration booth at the show and pick up your badge. You should have an email receipt from Texas Pinball Festival. You probably won’t need the receipt but best to bring it

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I believe it is only 1 person per game.

Great... Does that mean I don't have to wear that blond wig anymore Christopher?

#463 5 years ago

We are going to be showing off our new product lines, Pinspot Graphics, 3rd generation lighted speaker panels for most Bally/Williams, lighted speaker panels for metal and wood Sterns, lighted speaker panels for WPC-95, lighted shooter covers and speaker lights for WPC and WPC95.

0115192048_resized (resized).jpg0115192048_resized (resized).jpgstern metal (resized).jpgstern metal (resized).jpgstern wood (resized).jpgstern wood (resized).jpg
#464 5 years ago

Are there any fun or interesting restaurants near by?
Maybe entertaining ones? lol

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Damn, that would have been nice to know. I would have absolutely pulled my translite for him to sign.

Slow down there! He was asking if Eddy is making an appearance, not stating that he is. There’s no mention of it on the TPF website and no one here has confirmed it, so I would assume Eddy is NOT signing anything unless we hear otherwise.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Ugh, this last weekend was perfect weather, now this weekend is showing rain Saturday and Sunday! That's going to suck when we start hauling pins out Sunday night.

Sunday afternoon looks cloudy with sun for the load-out timeframe as of today- and it's still 6 days out!

The weather can still change for Saturday for general enjoyment purposes while walking outside, though most folk only go outside for brief periods for food trucks and to get to cars and what not...

Also, while the weather was pretty last weekend, it was cold-ish, whereas this weekend appears to be pushing the 70s..

A few years back rain was predicted and there wasn't a drop.

Last year we had rain here and there on Saturday and Sunday and it was still the best show ever.

What we don't want- and isn't forecast *knock on wood* is a repeat of 2017- a very rainy Friday. Caused a bunch of machine no-shows.

Either way, the load in/load out pin dock area is a covered zone.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

https://wildpitchsportsbar.com/frisco/

LTG : )

#468 5 years ago

I believe pinballinreno was asking about restaurants, while that is clearly a breastaurant. A subtle distinction, but in some aspects a critical one.

#469 5 years ago

It's been a long day and I just finished up with my Pinball Refinery Edition of the Munsters Pro with several upgrades, that I will be bring it along with a PR Iron Maiden and PR Deadpool for everyone to play it along with purchasing them at the show. Also, I will be also taking order for custom machines at the Cointaker booth....

I am looking forward to the show, but not so much the drive from Michigan ,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

20190318_212407 (resized).jpg20190318_212407 (resized).jpg20190318_212418 (resized).jpg20190318_212418 (resized).jpg20190318_212424 (resized).jpg20190318_212424 (resized).jpg20190318_212429 (resized).jpg20190318_212429 (resized).jpg20190318_212433 (resized).jpg20190318_212433 (resized).jpg20190318_212450 (resized).jpg20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
#470 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe pinballinreno was asking about restaurants, while that is clearly a breastaurant. A subtle distinction, but in some aspects a critical one.

It's about time he had a little fun in his life.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe entertaining ones? lol

We are looking forward to Omi Korean Grill and BBQ in Carrollton. It's a 15 min drive from TPF. All you can eat steak and galbi ribs (and other meats) with a grill in the middle of your table. Decently priced too.

Here are some pics from our visit in December.

20181228_182516 (resized).jpg20181228_182516 (resized).jpg20181228_182638 (resized).jpg20181228_182638 (resized).jpg20181228_183551 (resized).jpg20181228_183551 (resized).jpg

20190110_112638 (resized).jpg20190110_112638 (resized).jpg
#472 5 years ago

When not at the CGC games, I'll be at the Pin-Port booth. Stop by and say hi.

https://pin-port.com/

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Not a problem. Post here what you plan on selling to gain some pre-fun interest. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-texas-pinball-festival-maybe-for-sale-thread

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

It's been a long day and I just finished up with my Pinball Refinery Edition of the Munsters Pro with several upgrades, that I will be bring it along with a PR Iron Maiden and PR Deadpool for everyone to play it along with purchasing them at the show. Also, I will be also taking order for custom machines at the Cointaker booth....
I am looking forward to the show, but not so much the drive from Michigan ,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
quoted image]

Nice job on Herman!

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul1478:

Nice job on Herman!

Thank you... My painter did some shading with different colors to give him some depth. I will be putting these services and others on my website for anyone to order them.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#476 5 years ago

TPF is this weekend!

We will be streaming the main, classics, and women’s tournament finals this year. A lot of top notch competitors are signed up to play, all competing for a whopping $4400 first place prize that’s part of a total near $19,000 in cash & prizes! I expect some intense competitive action!

Saturday (3/22) ** all times US Central **
9am: classics
5pm: wizards finals

Sunday (3/23)
12pm: women’s tournament finals

twitch.tv/spacecitypinball

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

We are looking forward to Omi Korean Grill and BBQ in Carrollton. It's a 15 min drive from TPF. All you can eat steak and galbi ribs (and other meats) with a grill in the middle of your table. Decently priced too.
Here are some pics from our visit in December.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#478 5 years ago

Anybody else get paranoid about moving their games? Painter's tape on the chrome. I was only going to do it by the backbox hinge and then OCD kicked in.

Hyped for this weekend!

20190319_220707 (resized).jpg20190319_220707 (resized).jpg
#479 5 years ago

Kim Keist from Kimball's Pinballs will have an Iron Maiden Premium there decked out with all the Pin Monk colored brackets AND the final 3D Anubis installed. If you want to see what it looks like in real life, look for his machine (one of three Maiden Premiums on the list).

Here's one from a Pro with added uplighting (the Premium has a factory flasher):

lighting_Anubis_cropped (resized).jpglighting_Anubis_cropped (resized).jpg

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Trust me. Advertising your game for sale is welcomed to us collectors. Some of us are looking for projects or additions to our collection. As an exhibitor you will receive a card to place on your machine to let others know if it is for sale.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kim Keist from Kimball's Pinballs will have an Iron Maiden Premium there decked out with all the Pin Monk colored brackets AND the final 3D Anubis installed. If you want to see what it looks like in real life, look for his machine (one of three Maiden Premiums on the list).
Here's one from a Pro with added uplighting (the Premium has a factory flasher):
[quoted image]

We will have a few of the lens mode brackets available for sale in our booth.

#483 5 years ago

My flight just got canceled yesterday, and now will be driving there and back. I have two EM pinballs that I am going to bring, but will probably need a couple tweaks when I get there. I won't have a chance to look at them until I arrive at TPF.

Can anyone recommend someone that can help?

Bally Bowl-O
Gottlieb Jungle King

#484 5 years ago

I want to go to the Stars game next door Saturday night. Are there usually people outside trying to unload tickets for cheap right around game time?

Also looking for good vegan food options around TPF.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

My flight just got canceled yesterday, and now will be driving there and back. I have two EM pinballs that I am going to bring, but will probably need a couple tweaks when I get there. I won't have a chance to look at them until I arrive at TPF.
Can anyone recommend someone that can help?
Bally Bowl-O
Gottlieb Jungle King

Evan "pin"smith, brandon haney (owns oldies but goodies), shawn christian

All 3 should be at TPF and easy to find...or contact on FB before

#486 5 years ago

My flight gets in around 10:30 PM Thursday night. Already planning to meet up with Its_me_aj to split an Uber, anyone else want to join us?

#487 5 years ago

Sadly, I will not be able to attend TPF this year.

Will someone please volunteer to keep Tiger Law in check? I'm worried about the havoc he and Pav may make without supervision.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Will someone please volunteer to keep Tiger Law in check?

Not It!

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I want to go to the Stars game next door Saturday night.

Just FYI, the Stars HQ is next door, but they play at the AAC which is in downtown Dallas.

Can’t recall if they have a farm team that plays in Frisco, but the Allen Americans (in neighboring Allen) is a really good farm team that still plays entertaining hockey.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Sunday afternoon looks cloudy with sun for the load-out timeframe as of today- and it's still 6 days out!
The weather can still change for Saturday for general enjoyment purposes while walking outside, though most folk only go outside for brief periods for food trucks and to get to cars and what not...
Also, while the weather was pretty last weekend, it was cold-ish, whereas this weekend appears to be pushing the 70s..
A few years back rain was predicted and there wasn't a drop.
Last year we had rain here and there on Saturday and Sunday and it was still the best show ever.
What we don't want- and isn't forecast *knock on wood* is a repeat of 2017- a very rainy Friday. Caused a bunch of machine no-shows.
Either way, the load in/load out pin dock area is a covered zone.

Yep, completely understand. I was at all of those shows. I'm not worried about it raining on Friday or Saturday it's Sunday that I was concerned about. The covered loading docks are great but for those of us that are local and don't use a covered trailer just our trucks it is still a concern. Right now they are predicting a 20% chance of rain for Sunday so fingers crossed!

#491 5 years ago

Don't suppose anybody else is flying in to Love Field on Friday Morning and would want to split a ride to the hotel, eh?

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

TPF is this weekend!
We will be streaming the main, classics, and women’s tournament finals this year. A lot of top notch competitors are signed up to play, all competing for a whopping $4400 first place prize that’s part of a total near $19,000 in cash & prizes! I expect some intense competitive action!
Saturday (3/22) ** all times US Central **
9am: classics
5pm: wizards finals
Sunday (3/23)
12pm: women’s tournament finals
twitch.tv/spacecitypinball

Just the finals? Love some classic pinball action. Guess I'm getting up early to watch either way.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Sadly, I will not be able to attend TPF this year.
Will someone please volunteer to keep Tiger Law in check? I'm worried about the havoc he and Pav may make without supervision.

Whaaaaaaaa! Bummer man. Will miss you

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We will have a few of the lens mode brackets available for sale in our booth.

Awesome. Instant gratification once people see how great the colored mode tree on Maiden looks.

#495 5 years ago

Any one arriving at DFW airport about 140ish & want to share a ride? Bug & I arrive then. We have no luggage so we won't take up much space

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

How about a state park? Dinosaur Valley and Possum Kingdom are each about 3 hours away.

I looked into this option some more, looks like Dinosaur Valley is less than 2 hours away, and sounds like a good place to get a feel for Texas outdoors versus Washington State. My current plan is to head out there Friday morning. I'm going to stop at a bike rental place and see if a mountain bike will fit in my rental car. If not, depending on if there's appealing trails right there, I may bike there, otherwise continue to Dinosaur Valley for hiking adventure. Best case I will be mountain biking around Dinosaur Valley.

Anyone interested in joining me? Or any suggestions about this plan or where to rent a bike (sounds like Mellow Johnny's) or ride some trails? Outdoor recreation during the day, and pinball at night is the perfect day for me!

Also, going to be at the Videogame Museum pre-party Thursday night. I'll be wearing camo pants (for serious gaming only!) and black Stern tee if any pinsiders want to meet up, say hi, or interested to discuss above or similar activities for Friday morning.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Any one arriving at DFW airport about 140ish & want to share a ride? Bug & I arrive then. We have no luggage so we won't take up much space

what day and airline?

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

what day and airline?

oops Fri & American Airllines

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

oops Fri & American Airllines

i am arriving thursday to volunteer..... am willing to drive back to airport to pick u up

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

I’m landing at 1:49 pm on Friday (United from Denver) and have room if you still need a lift and are willing to wait while I pick up my rental (haven’t rented at DFW before so not sure how long it takes). Hoping to make the hotel in time to preregister and catch last call at JJ’s Pinside happy hour.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-texas-pinball-festival/page/10?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.