Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 793 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2115 (resized).JPG
    A247EC0F-D418-47E2-AA7F-1971B6B681D5 (resized).jpeg
    20200322_172651 (resized).jpg
    20200322_172910 (resized).jpg
    IMG-1932 (resized).jpg
    ADFCE9D5-792E-4114-B9FF-AD0A6631138D (resized).jpeg
    20BE561C-A280-4712-8182-9EB0B28235D2 (resized).jpeg
    B8ACAEC7-AE52-413E-B947-44FDB8EDCC71 (resized).jpeg
    CQCanvas02 (resized).jpg
    CQCanvas01 (resized).jpg
    20200220_191400 (resized).jpg
    20200211_134732 (resized).jpg
    20200211_133220 (resized).jpg
    31C0685C-B6C8-4261-BFD9-94B156C2BDDB (resized).jpeg
    411BBC65-9CB5-4CB4-9039-1E1D817D0381 (resized).jpeg
    7210F398-7AD7-4618-AC16-F386BB900BB4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

We had some late entries so we are up to 147 participants now this year!
    E-mails are going out now. It's a manual process so everyone should have their SS info within the next couple of hours, so please keep an eye out for them. I'll post again when the last e-mail is sent.

Did you get my message about having a wrong email address? Yes, I'm an idiot that doesn't know how to type my own email address... Just want to make sure!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Ha, I did the same thing. It's nice too know I'm not the only one that doesn't know how to type their own email.

LesManley might say "You can't type your email address, you're out!" at which point we can be SS for each other.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Wow. It looks like this year is going to be a challenge. My recipient doesn't appear to have much of a FB presence, if any, and has very limited information on Pinside. This is going to take some very deep probing to get it right. I like a challenge!

Mine's the opposite -- he's an open book. Found his Insta, FB, etc, and have a ton of ideas, in addition to some ideas he provided directly. Now to pick out the perfect gift(s)!

1 week later
    #183 4 years ago

Placed the last order for something I know my SS wants today. The other things I bought were things I THINK my SS will like, but maybe not... I've had good luck the first two years though, so fingers crossed!

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Wow! We just opened mine and we are so very thankful. A new game that was not even close to on our radar that looks deep and fun! We are huge co-op game fans in our house. Plus a cool pint glass my daughter has already claimed to be hers. Happy holidays and thank you very much![quoted image]

One of my favorite board games, that's quite the gift from Santa!

I'll be wrapping my gifts today to hopefully mail Monday or Tuesday!

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

fezmid How is the game for two players? My wife and I are always looking for two player games.

I've only ever played with 3 or more. I know you can play with 1 or 2, just no experience.

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

There is even a third party program that has free user made scenarios, if you don't want to buy all the typical Fantasy Flight expansions.

Oooh, where do you find that?

1 week later
    #348 4 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Mine shipping out today. The more I look at the cool gifts everyone else is receiving, makes me think mine (that I am sending) suck.

It's the thought that counts.

Also, do better next year.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

One thing I have figured out from doing this.......I suck at wrapping.

That's why I had my wife wrap the gifts. LOL

#436 4 years ago

Everyone is making me jealous while I wait for my package to be delivered.... Seems like everyone stepped it up another notch this year!

(And it's awesome seeing my Santee liked his gifts ).

#441 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

My secret Santa package arrived. I’m so excited to open it!! Should I open now, or wait for Christmas???[quoted image]

I vote wait. It's less than a week away!

#478 4 years ago

I got a box from Amazon and my wife said inside it says from secret Santa... But she said it's not pinball related at all and thinks it might be from the BGG SS... So she gave away what type of gift it is... But I don't know who it is from.

Guess I'll ask my BGG SS if that any a second package or not! (They have a cool system where you can interact with your Santa and Santee but still remain secret).

UPDATE: Confirmed from BGG that the package isn't from that Santa, so it must be from here! Can't wait to see what board game my Santa got me!

#492 4 years ago

Ok, since my wife and daughter let slip that it was a board game, and I know I have one from the BGG SS that I'm saving for Christmas, I broke down and opened this one today.

I suspect my SS is a fellow board gamer! I've heard lots of great things about this game but have never played it before. It says it's good for 7 people and only takes 30 minutes to play so might be a great game to play at work over lunch since we often play games there!

Thanks, Santa!!!

IMG_20191221_202914 (resized).jpgIMG_20191221_202914 (resized).jpg
    #502 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry to my Santa.
    I typo’d my address by one digit.
    There is no other similar address, so should make it still. I let les know
    Super sorry. If it does not show up, that is all on me. I am an idiot.

My Santa typed my address wrong by one number - delivered to a neighbor. Good thing we know our neighbors so they were able to give it to me!

#506 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captainhook:

You have a good neighbor! We had a package this week delivered to our neighbor up the Street. It's the third time this year and they Act like it's theirs and open it up.

To be fair, they did open it without looking, then realized it wasn't something they ordered.

#597 4 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

As the day is winding down, I would like to say Merry Christmas to all!
    I finally opened my gift from my SS, and I would like to say thank you and wow!
    This will look great in my small game room and will be cherished for a long time.
    My Secret Santa’s letter stated that I did not make a list, which I didn’t, I don’t post
    A lot here on pinside, and I do not do Facebook. But I got to say I couldn’t be happier
    With my present. Thanks again SS and to Les for a another great year![quoted image]

Is your SS a reformed serial killer? That note is...

#633 4 years ago

My Secret Santa sent me a second gift! Must've stalked me in the props forum, and sent me a QMX replica of a multipass from the movie Fifth Element. I LOVE that movie - have a replica blaster from it - and even have the same multipass. But fear not! Now I can display the back of the pass using the second one, so that's an awesome win! Very thoughtful gift, thank you SS, I love it! Will try to post a picture of my setup when I put it up!

#641 4 years ago

One thing I've learned from seeing all the pictures and reading all the comments over the past three years... I'm the only person who doesn't have a magnetic bowl! Lol. I need to get down to Harbor Freight and get one. I do have one of the "free magnetic lights" and love that!

#655 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

In front of? You do know that is to cover the glass, right?

Yeah, it's for when you want to play a game in Tommy mode - by feel only!

1 week later
    #683 4 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

I've had fun doing it every year and I appreciate all the hard work you put into it. Real bummer this year did not go as smooth. Hopefully 2021 will be the best PSss yet.

But 2020 will be the worst...?

#685 4 years ago

Here's a picture showing some prop replicas, including the multipass that my SS sent me. I'm working on getting a second holder to show the back of the second pass.

IMG_20200111_105514 (resized).jpgIMG_20200111_105514 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #728 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Ok, this has now officially gotten out of control!

It sure has! In the best way possible! Proud to be a member of the community.

1 week later
    #749 4 years ago

Acitti doesn't get all of the after Christmas fun! My Secret Santa may still be going? A couple days ago I got a note in the mailbox that I had to sign for a package from Russia... Huh? Picked it up today, opened it up, and it's two bars of Fight Club soap! That movie is quite possibly my favorite of all time! The wrapping is even cool, bundled in twine, and with the rules of Fight Club on the inside! The Russian newspaper was a nice touch too

I have a bar already, but this past year it started melting for some reason so I was thinking about replacing it - now the decision is easy!! My prop replica display in the theater is getting better, thanks Secret Santa (assuming this is from you... If it's not, maybe I have a random gift giver? Lol )!

IMG_20200201_173715 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_173715 (resized).jpg
    8 months later
    #787 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

And... my shopping has already begun.

OMG, you bought a GnR CE for someone?! I hope I'm your santee!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=Fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.