Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 793 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2115 (resized).JPG
    A247EC0F-D418-47E2-AA7F-1971B6B681D5 (resized).jpeg
    20200322_172651 (resized).jpg
    20200322_172910 (resized).jpg
    IMG-1932 (resized).jpg
    ADFCE9D5-792E-4114-B9FF-AD0A6631138D (resized).jpeg
    20BE561C-A280-4712-8182-9EB0B28235D2 (resized).jpeg
    B8ACAEC7-AE52-413E-B947-44FDB8EDCC71 (resized).jpeg
    CQCanvas02 (resized).jpg
    CQCanvas01 (resized).jpg
    20200220_191400 (resized).jpg
    20200211_134732 (resized).jpg
    20200211_133220 (resized).jpg
    31C0685C-B6C8-4261-BFD9-94B156C2BDDB (resized).jpeg
    411BBC65-9CB5-4CB4-9039-1E1D817D0381 (resized).jpeg
    7210F398-7AD7-4618-AC16-F386BB900BB4 (resized).jpeg
    There are 793 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
    #1 4 years ago

Welcome everyone to the official Secret Santa thread for 2019! The first year we had 61 participants, last year was 113 participants. This year we ended up with 147 participants, so it looks like we're doing something right and people are enjoying this!

Since the last two years went off without a hitch, I'm not going to change anything. I closed the old thread since the registration time frame has now passed and I opened up this thread to keep things clean and streamlined. We can use this thread to post announcements, questions, updates, ship dates and of course to show off all our ill gotten booty that we receive from our secret santas.

Here's how things are going to go. Today and tomorrow I will assign everyone a number and go down the list and randomly draw a secret santa for every participant. I should have everyone's e-mail address, so I will send an e-mail to each person with the name and information I have for who you are to buy gifts for. If they gave me any gift ideas or a list of the games they own that they don't display to the public, I will include those as well. If you don't receive an e-mail from me by Monday, Nov. 18, please PM me. You then will have about a month to purchase gifts and ship them out to your SS. The cut off date will be Monday, Dec. 16th for shipping so all items have a chance to get there by Christmas Eve. You can and should ship them out much sooner as soon as they are ready to go though. You can wrap the gifts individually if you want and send them in one big box or even have them directly shipped to your SS if you want to save some money that way. Please do not include your name on the return address no matter what method you choose, use the name "Pinside Secret Santa" instead. That way everyone will know when your package arrives and they won't know who it is from. When you do send your gifts, please send me a PM or e-mail with the tracking information so I can add it to my sheet and cross it off the list. When your SS package arrives, please post in this thread too so the sender knows you got it safe and sound. And of course, this is an important one...after you open your SS package, post the money shots of all your goodies here and give a proper thank you shout out to your Secret Santa for doing their part to spread a little holiday cheer. Lots of people are very proud of what they buy for you with their hard earned money, so please take a moment to post pictures after opening and say a quick thank you!

Now, I wish it went without saying, but we need to cover some ground rules just in case...

*First off, this will be as fun as we make it. If we put in some effort, everyone should have a good time. Please check your SS's public game list on Pinside and the ideas they included (if any) and do some creative investigation. Maybe search their old posts, check out any pictures or their Pinside story if they have one.
    You are free to buy what you want, you don't have to get anything that your SS may have suggested for gifts, but please just put the same amount of thought into your gifts that you would want someone to put into the gifts for you and things should be fine.

*On that note, no public bitching on Pinside about what you receive, that isn't the point of this. This is supposed to be about giving, spreading some joy and adding a little of that childhood magic back into the holidays again. If you really wanted an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle...but got a football instead...be thankful for what you received, or at least fake it like you would with your in-laws.

*The dollar amount you should aim for when buying gifts is at least $30. That is not a hard cap by any means. Tis the season, so you can spend as much as you feel comfortable with, but please at least hit that number value wise so no one is short changed from a dollar standpoint.

*I will keep track of who shipped packages and when they were shipped. I will send out a reminder to anyone I haven't heard from 1 week before the deadline, but PLEASE, be responsible and buy your gifts and ship them out before the deadline so we don't run into issues with having to track people down and recipients not getting packages in time.

*No dead beat Santas. If you don't think you can fulfill your end of the bargain for whatever reason, please contact me and I can remove your name from the list now with no questions asked. Nothing would be worse for this than someone not following through and leaving someone empty handed. By participating, you are agreeing to be responsible and fulfill your obligation to the recipient. I know unexpected things can happen, so if a Santa runs into any issues, notify me immediately please. The sooner I am made aware, the sooner I can figure a solution to the issue. Once again, if a Santa fails to follow through, and does not contact me ahead of time (to solve the issue), I will have no problem outing them to the Pinside community and we all know how merciless this community can be. This is the only warning you will receive for this, so please let's not have to go there.

Any other questions, feel free to post in this thread or PM me and I would be happy to help. That should just about cover it, so put on those Santa hats and get ready for the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny #%&$@ Kaye and let the games begin!

2019 Secret Santas:

1 2Kaulitz
    2 acitti
    3 action76
    4 Aflacjack
    5 alexmogil
    6 amkoepfer
    7 Arcade
    8 Asylum
    9 Atari_Daze
    10 atrainn
    11 balt
    12 bbriese
    13 BertoDRINK1
    14 bicyclenut
    15 biglaw
    16 blondetall
    17 BlueIrocGuy
    18 bowz
    19 Brypten
    20 BubbaBeast
    21 Captainhook
    22 Charliew65
    23 Cheberha
    24 Chisox
    25 chubtoad13
    26 Coindork
    27 Coz
    28 Crumbalimb
    29 Daditude
    30 DanieB
    31 davidlldennis
    32 dc2010
    33 Dee-Bow
    34 Derick2k
    35 dnapac
    36 docquest
    37 dondon4720
    38 drbrain
    39 EasternBloc
    40 easye9901
    41 Ericc123
    42 FatPanda
    43 Fezmid
    44 fiberdude120
    45 fnosm
    46 fosaisu
    47 fxdwg
    48 gentrsa
    49 Gexchange
    50 gliebig
    51 grantopia
    52 Gritty
    53 Heypresto86
    54 HighVoltage
    55 hogbog
    56 homegameroom
    57 HotPieceOfSass
    58 Insane
    59 ismiglif
    60 Isochronic_Frost
    61 j_m_
    62 Jaeg
    63 Jawa
    64 jedi42
    65 jellikit
    66 jesperpark
    67 Jgel
    68 joefox22
    69 joelw23
    70 jp1985
    71 JRBBRJ
    72 Jvspin
    73 KingPinGames
    74 Lame33
    75 Leeb18509
    76 LesManley
    77 Liftserv
    78 LoganJK
    79 luckycreature
    80 Magicchiz
    81 mario_1_up
    82 Matesamo
    83 matiou
    84 merccat
    85 mickey
    86 modfather
    87 MrMikeman
    88 MrsPin
    89 Mudflaps
    90 Murphdom
    91 MurphyPeoples
    92 Muskie82
    93 nascarrey
    94 NeilMcRae
    95 Nevus
    96 newovad
    97 newtoit
    98 Nihonmasa
    99 nogoodnames222
    100 northvibe
    101 notherndude
    102 Outlanes
    103 pacmanretro
    104 Pball
    105 Pdxmonkey
    106 Pinballlew
    107 pinballplusMN
    108 pinmaniac
    109 Pinmasher
    110 Pinsterwmass
    111 Pinzap
    112 puck
    113 pzy
    114 RCA1
    115 RobertWinter
    116 rodcom
    117 Sarversystems
    118 shovelhed
    119 Sijcolo
    120 silen7ce
    121 SKWilson
    122 SkyKing2301
    123 Soapman
    124 sp005
    125 Stosel
    126 stpcore
    127 TaylorVA
    128 the96stang
    129 tomdotcom
    130 TonyScoots
    131 TrixTrix
    132 troxel
    133 undrdog
    134 V_piscopo
    135 Waderade812
    136 wdpvideo
    137 Wharhed
    138 Whysnow
    139 Wolfmarsh
    140 Wondermellon
    141 Xerico
    142 ZEN
    1bsp15 (resized).jpg1bsp15 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Looking forward to it!! Last year was fun-you never know who your secret Santa may be....

912D7FBF-C96E-4A5A-8F27-C0AA0DBE1138 (resized).jpeg912D7FBF-C96E-4A5A-8F27-C0AA0DBE1138 (resized).jpeg
    #3 4 years ago

Wow! 142 participants this year! That's awesome!

One of the best parts of this is when everyone posts their gifts upon opening whether it be upon receipt, Christmas day or whatever day you choose. It is fun to see how creative, generous, thoughtful and witty the Pinside community can be. So, don't forget to post pictures when you receive/open your gifts.

For new Santas, if you haven't checked out the previous years' threads, you should do so.

Once again, LesManley , thanks again for organizing this! Christmas is extra special because of your efforts!

#4 4 years ago

This will be my first year, This is going to be great.

#5 4 years ago

Cant wait to shop!

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for putting this together.

#7 4 years ago

Thank you for your doing this John !

Game on. Shopping - Sending - Getting - Pictures !

An exciting thread to check regularly.

LTG : )

#8 4 years ago

Can't wait.
    Everybody remember to post some reasonable detailed pics. We all LOVE seeing pics and/or explanations of what each item is!

Make sure to SHOW OFF what you got. Makes your SS feel good about what they got you!

Happy stalking all

#9 4 years ago

When will you assign ss

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

When will you assign ss

He said that it will be sometime this weekend

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

When will you assign ss

Working on it this weekend. Everyone should an e-mail by Monday morning.

#12 4 years ago

This was a lot of fun last year. Looking forward to it again.

#13 4 years ago

I’m excited!! I waited until Xmas last year to open my gift.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Thanks for everything you're doing!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks for everything you're doing!

This!

Thanks for doing this year after year!

#16 4 years ago

Woot woot!!! Thanks John for putting this on again!

#17 4 years ago

And away we go! Thanks for organizing once again, LesManley - this is a great tradition.

#18 4 years ago

Let the PSI (pinball scene investigation)
    Begin!

#19 4 years ago

Excited for this. I wrote up some background info + gift ideas and tried to post it as my "background story", not sure how long they take to get approved by an admin but I'll repost elsewhere if it's more than a couple days. Thanks for putting this all together, LesManley

#20 4 years ago

Quick Update: With this many participants, e-mails are taking longer than I thought, so I'm going to need today to finish getting them out. I'll post back here when they are all out to let everyone know. Thanks.

#21 4 years ago

So excited to participate this year after lurking during the last two.

#22 4 years ago

cant wait to stalk...er... find gifts for my secret santa.

#23 4 years ago

Very Excited about this!

9994988e1a959ac037addacd4340c45e (resized).jpg9994988e1a959ac037addacd4340c45e (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago

I sent you a PM before the deadline. Did I not make the cut?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

If you aren't on the list, I will make sure to add you.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Don't worry..Santa sees all

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

So excited to participate this year after lurking during the last two.

Same! Looking forward to it!

#29 4 years ago

We had some late entries so we are up to 147 participants now this year!

E-mails are going out now. It's a manual process so everyone should have their SS info within the next couple of hours, so please keep an eye out for them. I'll post again when the last e-mail is sent.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

We had some late entries so we are up to 147 participants now this year!
    E-mails are going out now. It's a manual process so everyone should have their SS info within the next couple of hours, so please keep an eye out for them. I'll post again when the last e-mail is sent.

Did you get my message about having a wrong email address? Yes, I'm an idiot that doesn't know how to type my own email address... Just want to make sure!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Did you get my message about having a wrong email address? Yes, I'm an idiot that doesn't know how to type my own email address... Just want to make sure!

Ha, I did the same thing. It's nice too know I'm not the only one that doesn't know how to type their own email.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Ha, I did the same thing. It's nice too know I'm not the only one that doesn't know how to type their own email.

LesManley might say "You can't type your email address, you're out!" at which point we can be SS for each other.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

I did.

#35 4 years ago

Got mine!

Shouldn't it say "You are Secret Santa for..." rather than "Your Secret Santa is..."? Sorry, OCD.... ha...

Thanks for all your work, John! Let the stalking begin...

#36 4 years ago

Just got my email and I sent you a reply, it appears there might be an error! Just wanting to clarify

#37 4 years ago

YESSS got mine, I'm watching you... but you will never know!

#38 4 years ago

Whoever got me..I'll make it super easy...just check out my wishlist. Any game from that list will do just fine.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Any game from that list will do just fine.

There are some generous Pinsiders out there. I mean you gotta ask, right?

I did not include a "wish list" but for my SS, just PM me and I'll give you ideas.

Seriously though, look at my PS activity and one can likely find some cool things that really ANYONE would be appreciative of.

Oh and my shopping is almost done!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

There are some generous Pinsiders out there. I mean you gotta ask, right?
    I did not include a "wish list" but for my SS, just PM me and I'll give you ideas.
    Seriously though, look at my PS activity and one can likely find some cool things that really ANYONE would be appreciative of.
    Oh and my shopping is almost done!

Is someone getting a motordome?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is someone getting a motordome?

That WOULD be generous!

For the more budget conscious, I bumped an older topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gift-ideas-in-the-25-50-range

#42 4 years ago

All e-mails have been sent out. If I didn't have your e-mail address, you should have a PM from me. If any issues come up, please let me know right away. Post here when you ship and send me an e-mail with the tracking number so I can mark you as shipped on my list and please remember to also post when your SS package arrives so your sender knows that you got it safely. Last day for shipping is Dec. 18th, but you can and should ship well before that date. I think that should be everything, so...
    Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#43 4 years ago

Got my recipient!!! Watch out!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Got my recipient!!! Watch out!

LTG : )

catmeme3 (resized).jpgcatmeme3 (resized).jpg
    #45 4 years ago

Wow. It looks like this year is going to be a challenge. My recipient doesn't appear to have much of a FB presence, if any, and has very limited information on Pinside. This is going to take some very deep probing to get it right. I like a challenge!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Wow. It looks like this year is going to be a challenge. My recipient doesn't appear to have much of a FB presence, if any, and has very limited information on Pinside. This is going to take some very deep probing to get it right. I like a challenge!

Mine's the opposite -- he's an open book. Found his Insta, FB, etc, and have a ton of ideas, in addition to some ideas he provided directly. Now to pick out the perfect gift(s)!

#47 4 years ago

Got my person. Game on! Is it wrong that I enjoy the challenge of stalking someone.

#48 4 years ago

Interesting approach, I did not even think to stalk social media. That said,
    My apologies to my Santa, I'm pretty much a Luddite, with a non existent social media presence.

#49 4 years ago

I already rooted through the minimal social media presence mine has, I have done at least 70% of the stalking I can . Might have to phone a friend, LOL

non a frequent poster here either. Got my work cut out.

#50 4 years ago

I just had a brilliant idea of what to get mine. Muahahahahaha

There are 793 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?hl=pintor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.