Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinballjah
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

road show lights and flash (resized).jpg
    road closed flash no lights (resized).jpg
    trexa (resized).png
    elvira new cup (resized).png
    20180822_220417 (resized).jpg
    Road Show (resized).png
    screen-capture-8 (resized).png
    09db961290e11d2b1ad8b106606d573e52400e6b (resized).jpg
    20191201_083108 (resized).jpg
    Flipper Fidelity (resized).png
    94A4EB22-3402-41C3-9793-A1C4DB560CE6 (resized).jpeg
    757F2F2F-A7A8-4027-B81C-AFE7EDC40602 (resized).png
    53759703-DAEA-45F8-A6AB-8F11128FF198 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 11.28.06 PM (resized).png
    BE7DB2E5-10A4-4981-B7D5-5C5BA0A01193 (resized).jpeg
    Cointaker (resized).JPG

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Not on sale sadly. Only the 6/7 things I listed.

Thanks so much! Honored to have converted you.

Unless you're talking about the discontinued LED style ones, it looks to me like the SMD style are in stock. PM me a link and we'll figure it out.

Thanks for the incoming order! No, just the standard 2SMD bulbs unfortunately. (We don't have non-ghosting 2SMDs). It's unlikely that we'll put non-ghosting bulbs on sale in the future either...due to economics and a fear of selling out (as there are less suitable substitutes for those).

I'd say go with 25 packs. The 100 pack pricing is going to be the same price per bulb as 25s. I'm trying to figure if it makes more sense to just hide the 100 pack pages to avoid confusion. Looking forward to your order - thanks!!

You're the second person to ask me this today...so I guess I better figure it out. I'll do some testing and report back. We have a new system this year, so I'm not sure. Crossing my fingers that it will work with items already in the cart.

<3 <3 <3

We keep throwing more people at it, and incredibly, we caught up right around 5pm on Monday last year. But, I hope you're right of course!

Yeah mine are all 100 packs. Too much math involved getting measly 25 packs. Ya need to fix that!

#102 4 years ago

Highly disappointing if the 100 packs aren't on sale. I'd assume they're what most of us get. Now I have no reason to shop the BF sale. Can't believe I've been waiting months just to hear this.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Wellllp.. Guess it's a good thing I was targeting a slew of 25pk 2SMDs
    Now, if I could just get all the fire bulbs I need..

How are the fire bulbs? I haven't tried them yet as it's been a while since I placed a order with comet (got a guy locally who buys bulk from comet)

Where do you use them? I wanted to try them on acdc and Gorgar in the GI.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Highly disappointing if the 100 packs aren't on sale. I'd assume they're what most of us get. Now I have no reason to shop the BF sale. Can't believe I've been waiting months just to hear this.

What? Why does it matter? The 25 packs are on sale. Buy four of them. What am I missing? You buy 100 pack they come as 4 25 packs.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Sorry about that, you're misunderstanding. We always do 49 cents per bulb on the 2SMDs for Black Friday when sold in 25 packs (so $12.25 for a 25 pack). Then, we also list the 100 packs at $49.00 (also 49 cents per bulb). There is no *additional* discount for going to 100 during the sale. The per bulb pricing is the same if you buy in denominations of 25 or 100. It has been this way for at least the last three years.

The confusion is just that I was over-explaining some stuff in a previous post. What I meant was that during the sale, there is no reason for us to have a "buy discounted 100 packs" button, since the pricing will be equivalent.

Edit: I edited the wording of my previous post to hopefully make it more clear.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How are the fire bulbs? I haven't tried them yet as it's been a while since I placed a order with comet (got a guy locally who buys bulk from comet)

People *love* these bulbs. They were on sale last year, so they won't be this year as we try to mix it up with the specialty bulbs. I think the most commonly used spots for these are for flames/fires/ship exahust in backboxes, and occasionally in the GI for particular features. (I don't use much color in the GI of my personal games, but I have a fire bulb or two in the volcano of my Congo).

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What? Why does it matter? The 25 packs are on sale. Buy four of them. What am I missing? You buy 100 pack they come as 4 25 packs.

1C33B183-13F6-4709-B3B9-9A922C835221 (resized).png1C33B183-13F6-4709-B3B9-9A922C835221 (resized).png
    #107 4 years ago

Does Pinball Life have Black Friday deals?

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Does Pinball Life have Black Friday deals?

No

To me their prices are a deal every day of the year already.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've got one in my Meteor under one rocket and it looks rad. I have no idea how many I actually need though.. Maybe just two more, idk.

My world cup soccer has one by the ball lock and it's different but okay (beats having a solid led blaring into my eyes).

Not sure I have uses for them in high speed, eight ball deluxe, or space shuttle though.

Quoted from AntennaMan:

Right, as mentioned below it was clarified that the sale price is better than the standard price, it's just applied only to the 25pk. I'm freaking stoked.

IMG_20191111_155620 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_155620 (resized).jpg
    #110 4 years ago

I received an email from Marco. Free shipping on orders over $99.

LTG : )

00954c00f9dda4726c1b20ded61c794b0029c02bb3251cd4a86c8e0f4d91175223c8c7086f7e2fe5eeb207e6a1345848d5ec11285df0e749d0613feac342afed00954c00f9dda4726c1b20ded61c794b0029c02bb3251cd4a86c8e0f4d91175223c8c7086f7e2fe5eeb207e6a1345848d5ec11285df0e749d0613feac342afed
    #111 4 years ago

Cointaker has this and more:

voodoo glass
    2 PACK only 399!

Anyone tried this and how does it compare to the others?

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Sorry about that, you're misunderstanding. We always do 49 cents per bulb on the 2SMDs for Black Friday when sold in 25 packs (so $12.25 for a 25 pack). Then, we also list the 100 packs at $49.00 (also 49 cents per bulb). There is no *additional* discount for going to 100 during the sale. The per bulb pricing is the same if you buy in denominations of 25 or 100. It has been this way for at least the last three years.
    The confusion is just that I was over-explaining some stuff in a previous post. What I meant was that during the sale, there is no reason for us to have a "buy discounted 100 packs" button, since the pricing will be equivalent.
    Edit: I edited the wording of my previous post to hopefully make it more clear.

People *love* these bulbs. They were on sale last year, so they won't be this year as we try to mix it up with the specialty bulbs. I think the most commonly used spots for these are for flames/fires/ship exahust in backboxes, and occasionally in the GI for particular features. (I don't use much color in the GI of my personal games, but I have a fire bulb or two in the volcano of my Congo).

I’ve got a flame bulb on my TAF behind Grandma and her cauldron. I dig it!

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

think the most commonly used spots for these are for flames/fires/ship exahust in backboxes.

Makes sense. F2k, Space shuttle came to mind immediately. I like using the dually quick flash flexes behind lightning like on fishtales, whirlwind, etc

#114 4 years ago

Color DMD ever do this? 10% off I am in for two of these

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Color DMD ever do this? 10% off I am in for two of these

No

Buy 3 get free shipping I believe

#116 4 years ago

I've got one in my Meteor under one rocket and it looks rad.[quoted image]

I had a meteor and had a few that were behind the parts where it’s like a hole, or chunk missing... dude it looked awesome!

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Makes sense. F2k, Space shuttle came to mind immediately. I like using the dually quick flash flexes behind lightning like on fishtales, whirlwind, etc

Ironically enough I don't think they looked good in space shuttle. Maybe mine is set up weird or something but the three bulbs behind the exhaust (in front of the flashers) pulse almost CONSTANTLY. The bulbs in them aren't anything special--just retro SMD warm I believe--but the flame bulb doesn't do what it's supposed to because it just pulses. Doesn't look right. Looks PERFECT behind rockets on meteor.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

No
    To me their prices are a deal every day of the year already.

Yup. Love them. Never hurts to ask!

Comet pinball has low low prices and they offer something.

#119 4 years ago

I'm well aware what the deal is. The 25 pack per bulb with discount is the same as the 100 pack per bulb without the discount. This excites you guys? Why wait for the sale, just buy the 100 packs anytime. Same price per bulb as waiting for the 25 pack discount and you can't do much with only 25 bulb. And I don't need some idiot saying to buy 4 25 packs.

#120 4 years ago

Oh boy. Okay, so they're currently not 49 cents per bulb regardless of quantity. On BF, they'll be 49 cents each for 25 or 100. That's exciting. Sorry you disagree? Unless I'm missing something they're currently 59 cents at their cheapest... Right?

#121 4 years ago

Oh boy. Okay, so they're currently not 49 cents per bulb regardless of quantity. On BF, they'll be 49 cents each for 25 or 100. That's exciting. Sorry you disagree? Unless I'm missing something they're currently 59 cents at their cheapest currently... Right?

I think he is saying if I order more the discount should be better on 100 packs at 49 cent bulb.

Discounting ONLY 25 packs to 49 cent for Black Friday does not help when you need to order 100s and we’re hoping BF deal would help that price out.

So based on this you don’t need to wait until BF if you need to order in large quantities.

#122 4 years ago

Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not seeing any 49 cent 2SMD bulbs regardless of quantity...?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs-100-packs?variant=12093842489388

#123 4 years ago

Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not seeing any 49 cent 2SMD bulbs regardless of quantity...?
    https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs-100-packs?variant=12093842489388

Black Friday only?

#125 4 years ago

How about The Mod Couple?

Yelobird where are those great mods - dude

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I'm well aware what the deal is. The 25 pack per bulb with discount is the same as the 100 pack per bulb without the discount.

Unfortunately, you're still confused about it.

For 2SMDs...

Normal price
    Singles: 69 cents
    25 packs: 65 cents per bulb
    100 packs: 59 cents per bulb

Black Friday Sale pricing
    Singles: 69 cents
    25 packs: 49 cents per bulb
    100 packs: 49 cents per bulb

Quoted from AntennaMan:

Why wait for the sale, just buy the 100 packs anytime.

Because you'll be paying 59 cents for those if you buy them today (because the sale hasn't started yet), and 49 cents if you buy during the sale.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Discounting ONLY 25 packs to 49 cent for Black Friday does not help when you need to order 100s and we’re hoping BF deal would help that price out.

If you buy 25 packs, they're 49 cents a bulb, down from 65 cents per bulb. This is 25% off normal 25 pack pricing.

If you buy 100 packs, they're (also) 49 cents a bulb, down from 59 cents per bulb. This is 17% off normal 100 pack pricing.

Quoted from cpr9999:

So based on this you don’t need to wait until BF if you need to order in large quantities.

This is wrong. Please see above.

This is the same pricing we used in 2016, 2017, and 2018. If you liked those deals, then you like this one because it is the same.

The sale starts at midnight eastern time on Friday (ie: a few hours after thanksgiving dinner).

If there is something unclear about what I've posted regarding pricing and discounts, please message me directly - we don't need to derail this thread any further.

#127 4 years ago

Cointaker Black Friday deals

Screenshot_20191126-193733_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193733_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193738_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193738_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193742_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193742_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193756_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191126-193756_Gmail (resized).jpg
    #128 4 years ago

Lol!

Math is tricky

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol!
    Math is tricky

To me less about math and more about communications

Oh yeah Ryan did a nice job in communicating before and after prices above !

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Cointaker has this and more:
    voodoo glass
    2 PACK only 399!
    Anyone tried this and how does it compare to the others?

I have a voodoo, a stern and an invisiglass......they all seem pretty close to me but I have not done a detailed comparison.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I'm well aware what the deal is. The 25 pack per bulb with discount is the same as the 100 pack per bulb without the discount. This excites you guys? Why wait for the sale, just buy the 100 packs anytime. Same price per bulb as waiting for the 25 pack discount and you can't do much with only 25 bulb. And I don't need some idiot saying to buy 4 25 packs.

I am thinking Comet doesn't need your business. Peace out, curmudgeon.

#132 4 years ago

Owns 15 pinball machines...

Scoffs at paying full retail.

#133 4 years ago

Why cram all of these deals into one time a year?
    If vendors can provide these discounts now, why not at other times?
    Why try to compete with everyone else for someone's money?

So many questions...

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

So many questions...

answer to all questions:

BECAUSE ITS BLACK FRIDAY!!!

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

To me less about math and more about communications
    Oh yeah Ryan did a nice job in communicating before and after prices above !

yeah. all about communication and communicating math can be even tougher. Ryan did a very nice job of saying things in a different way to help everyone understand. I always admire that about him!

Quoted from dnaman:

So many questions...

My honest guess... These sales cut deeply into any profits and the idea is to help cement us relatively small pool of customers with the product/brand OR to help encourage someone new to try the product out and then buy more in the future.

#136 4 years ago

Cointakers has some good deals.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

So many questions...

You’re competing for money but also eyeballs. Sales are a way to get people to try out new stuff as well, and there’s only so much time we have off from the rat race

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Cointakers has some good deals.

I LOVE the gold plated blade set (I'm working on integrating bronzed stuff on my world cup soccer) but $300 for a set about made me pass out. Does anyone do these in bronze?

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

So many questions...

Seriously?

#140 4 years ago

He's Canadian, black Friday is still a fairly new thing to most of us.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Owns 15 pinball machines...
    Scoffs at paying full retail.

I've always taken pride in my ability to negotiate deals in life. Unfortunately, I've had poor luck with NIB pinball machines.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Ryan has to make something on these. It's his business after all. and he puts out a great product.
    And besides, buying those hundred in four 25 packs with 20% off still saves you more than buying the 100 packs at regular 100 pack pricing.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

He's Canadian, black Friday is still a fairly new thing to most of us.

Thanks, Im kinda aware how all this works.....just a little!

#144 4 years ago

Does Stern ever do a BF sale?

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Stern sent out an ad to Insiders. (No. Machines are not discounted. )

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Sometimes for accessories.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

So many questions...

What an odd thing to bitch about, even for Pinside.

#148 4 years ago

When I saw this thread "blow up" with 50+ posts since the last time I saw it yesterday, I thought there were some great deals being shared. Turns out it was a buncha guys trying to explain math to 1 guy. Classic.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Stern sent out an ad to Insiders. (No. Machines are not discounted. )

Do tell

#150 4 years ago

This thread definitely has a r/ChoosingBeggars vibe.

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinside-black-friday-sales-summary/page/3?hl=colinize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.