Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

A Pinside party would be cool. Many (most?) of us have never met. Has a Pinside party happened before? Complete with name tags featuring our Pinside monikers.

Yes. I will post #LTG’s room number Thursday night. Parties start at 1 am you just have to keep knocking on the door as the party gets loud sometimes but keep knocking! They are up late with Fred Young doing Punchy the Clown call outs.

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I have a question. I've never been to this show and if I come I can only come on Thursday. Can you buy a game from either a vendor or private seller and remove it Thursday night? Does anyone know?
    Thanks in advance.

No. Like most shows the games on the floor are there for the duration for others to enjoy. There is an alternate thread covering what is for sale/trade at Expo for those wanting to meet in the parking lot to do trades. So like this some don't but from years ago shows it was always crappy to see games being turned off or wheeled out on day one because the new owner Had to have it now. Hope you can make it!

#958 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But SO MUCH is often riding on the information they present, especially when they unveil a new product. Doing a live demo of a machine or machine's new feature is just a bad idea. It should all be produced video segments and then people can play the machines or ask questions 1 on 1 like usual after the presentation. Especially with jjGnR and Toy Story coming up, good videos to show the features well are crucial. And big-picture, they're not that expensive to do. Jack really needs to get something like this in motion for the next reveal.

So you would have preferred to pay for a live seminar with the engineers and products and sit down to watch them on a YouTube video? They are pimping a hobby toy not proposing a interplanetary space vehicle. Not scripted but they did get the content they had to share across in the allotted time. Seems a bit more personal to me then a video.

#962 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No, it could still be plenty personal. They can still do the talking, but leave the demo-ing to a pre-produced video that's tightly paced and gets across the point. Meandering on-site demos are not effective more often than not. So talk, announce, show the video, talk a bit more, announce, show the next video, talk about it a bit, wrap up, questions, the end would be a much more effective flow at getting the message across. Anything else can be covered 1 on 1 after the presentation when people are playing the games. Thar format also wouldn't have resulted in the confusion about the bluetooth updates and wifi headphones (exaggerating, but the information was ALL SCREWED UP when related second-hand until the actual seminar was posted). The produced segments could have been made live on JJPs site immediately after the presentation for the rest of the world not at the show.

All possible in an unveil situation like they did with Wonka and SDTM but this was a dongle upgrade. In a video that would have lasted 2 minutes and everyone would complain they didn’t get their money’s worth in time. As for the all screwed up info on the WiFi, that’s a traditional cause/effect of Pinside. One person says it and it’s official on the forum. Anyone and everyone that sat in the recorded session understood what Keith presented clearly as WiFi and even More clear when he handed out WiFi Dongles to beta testers in the group. I accept these engineers and OEM’s are not nor will they ever be celebrities and professional presenter showmen but I appreciate them coming out of there shell to physically communicate with us goofy collectors. Software coders are rarely viewed as party showmen.

#967 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Back from Expo and taking a break from tech support.
    Included are pictures of my mugs. Started with 108 and went through them.
    I met a lot of new friends, got to visit with a lot of old friends. And tried to kill myself at Mortons Friday night. Quite the Expo.
    I was wrong about American Pinball unveiling their next game. I apologize for that. I hope the MMR Royal and Willy Wonka CE production game there made up for it a little.
    This was my last Pinball Expo. It costs me more each year to go, plus having my business closed for three days. And the seminar before mine running longer and getting mine off to a late start and shortened. Helped make up my mind.
    Pinball Expo is a great show, and I hope it continues for many more years. People there had a great time and I hope the show goes on for many years and gladdens the hearts of pinball fans.
    LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Seeing you and Fred Young makes my Expo. Honestly wouldn’t be expo without founding fathers like yourself. For all you do for the hobby it would be foolish for the OEMs you support not to take care of you. I for one will contribute all I can to see you at Expo for many years to come. Thank you Lloyd!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.