Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1043 4 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

2. A PA announcement every hour or so mentioning the different show room locations.

Agree in theory, but I've yet to hear a PA in any hotel or convention center that is understandable. Even when it's audible, words get lost in the echo & din of a show.

Love your idea for the tall signpost, though. I bet at least half the attendees this year didn't know the Spanish/auction/overflow room existed.

#1044 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was this thing ever turned on? I walked by it a lot and never saw it on. Looked like lots of fun.

Didn't play it this year, but it's been appearing sporadically at Expo since at least 2001. More neat/cool than fun.

#1089 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Often wondered if as a vendor it’s worth all the effort and expense to do these trade shows?

Yeah, during load-in I wondered aloud how it could possibly be worth hauling all those pachinko machines around. Unfortunately the pachinko guy was standing right behind me.

#1091 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Then you missed the cold pizza and cold sliders. I was one of the first ones through.

Pizza was good, but the sliders were dry. They kept replenishing, so maybe I got lucky and came through when the pizza was fresh. First round of food was probably sitting there waiting for the event to begin.

#1181 4 years ago

VFW show sells out via word of mouth but he still drives to Chicago & back just to plaster Expo with flyers and measure dicks, I mean count machines. That's dedication.

#1199 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

The older pins in the free play only kept our interest for about a half hour.

Wow.

#1205 4 years ago

I feel like vendor sales will only continue to drop. Old school collectors kept a list of stuff they needed and picked it up at shows. New school collectors are astoundingly impatient and order everything they want the minute it’s available online. Sure, there will always be impulse purchases, but even an old fart like me isn’t waiting ‘til a show comes around to buy a board if one goes down.

#1223 4 years ago

The new west entry door to the vendor hall certainly made it harder to pop back & forth between free play & vendor. Didn't keep track but I bet I spent less time in the vendor hall for that reason alone. The old north side entry was super handy, made that one hallway feel like grand central with a buzz of people. I guess now with the tourney gone from the hallway, it makes sense to use that larger space for vendor entry, but maybe it's too much space?

#1224 4 years ago

Everyone's different, but the things that open my wallet in the vendor hall are wearables/art/etc. I spent a hundred bucks on limited screen-printed posters at the Logan Arcade booth, and bought an enamel pin at the Circus Maximus booth. Would have bought a couple things from Rage Tilt, but I already have the stuff I want from them and didn't see anything new. Would have bought Ryan Claytor's book if I didn't already pick it up at PATZ.

As for mods, I'm not into them at all, but even if I was, I'm not waiting for Expo to roll around to buy pinstadiums or whatever.

#1225 4 years ago

It's too bad the Westin bans outside food sales, because the PATZ soda pop guy and ReplayFX chocolate guy would probably both make a killing. Those two alone would drive foot traffic to the vendor hall as a whole. People eating chocolate-covered bacon are happy. And happy people spend money.

#1227 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

When did they change that?

I'm not sure, and I may very well be wrong, but I've heard that the hotel has a no-tolerance policy for outside food & drink sales. I guess if you pay them enough anything is possible.

2 weeks later
    #1254 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbug:

At this time it looks like he doesn't want to deal with me.

Well, you're being a pain in the ass. Rob's a busy guy. He sells you a game and thinks he's done. Now he has to refund you, pull a mod out of a game, box it up, ship it back to the seller, then Pinstadium has to refund you for a used mod. I think you should just eat the lost mod dollars. Maybe if you feel the burn you won't back out of a deal in the future.

Sorry if my post seems a bit harsh; just an objective assessment from someone not involved in the deal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.