Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

That being said people should think about bringing a game to the show. set it up and get perks for the show. It's good times

Thought about it but can’t make it until late Thursday. So, early access to the vendors hall and the VIP are wasted on me. Also, bringing a game doesn’t get one into the seminars?

#194 4 years ago

yes it does. also dinner if your there wedenday night. but your coming in late thrus

Emailed and got confirmation that bringing a game DOES NOT get one access to seminars. One must still pay the $60 fee.

#207 4 years ago

You have to pay for seminars?
    ill be honest I have been bringing a game since 2010 and we as game bringers get special wrist bands then the general pubic. I have NEVER been stopped to check a wrist band at a seminar. NEVER
    I will be honest i didnt even know they charged for that! thats news to me. I dont even know how much a regular ticket is? lol

Also, the website still has last year's seminars listed. However, we know that Cassandra, Stern and LTG will be there. That's probably worth another $60 depending on how many mugs Lloyd has to give away.

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

http://pinballexpo.com/forms/PinballExpoSchEvents2019.pdf Seems up to date to me. I'm Saturday 7:15pm.
    LTG : )

That link is in the super secret form directory. The website itself is lacking.
    http://pinballexpo.com/guestspeakers.html

Thanks for the update (and the mugs).

2 weeks later
    #400 4 years ago

Not on Desktop. Maybe time to update your app?

Nope (resized).pngNope (resized).png
    1 week later
    #712 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

This year, it's more important than ever to go to the end of each hallway and check for additional rooms of surprises. The whole Maple/Birch room cluster has specialized game rooms!
    .................David Marston

Signage is… not great.

#978 4 years ago
    Quoted from getadam:

Does anyone know who brought that Cheetah? I'd like to make an obscene offer for it.

Here you go! It was Berk's. Number in the bottom left corner or just go to the Expo contact info page.

IMG_2673[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2673[1] (resized).JPG
    #1009 4 years ago
    Quoted from spinout:

Of all the things to bring up that stood out - was this room (between the free play and hauntcade) - and whoever this guy is - THANK YOU A 100 TIMES! This stuff is amazing... it all belongs in the Smithsonian.

@spinout : meet @markg

Quoted from MarkG:

I'd like to encourage any EM fans or anyone who'd like to see how game devices work to stop by the Fun With Pinball exhibit (www.FunWithPinball.com). This will be the first time the exhibit has traveled to Expo. The exhibit will be set up away from the larger halls in the smaller, quieter Maple room. If devices aren't your thing maybe the Baseball game (https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/games#Baseball) or the Magic City color wheel (https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/magic-city-color-wheel) are. Stop by and say Hi.
    /Mark

#1051 4 years ago

My first Expo, first pinball show and first time bringing a game. Good times all around. My game went down on Friday (while I was at Pinball Life) and it went down again a few hours later. Managed to bring it back to life and it played for the rest of the show.

I agree that communication could be better and signage needs improved. I had to ask about the raffle winners and I think they posted it to Facebook but never saw it anywhere at the show. Going to the website shows where some of that attention to detail can be improved:

COMING SOON: DETAILED MAP OF THE SHOW

CHECK BACK SOON FOR IMAGES AND DETAILS OF PINBALL EXPO'S SHOW MAP

Thanks to everyone that helped make a great show, helped me move/fix my game, or brought things for me to buy. Much appreciated.

#1055 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

So does anyone know who won the JP Prem? Not seeing any info on that...

Posted to their Twitter feed:
    Congratulations to the winner of the Jurassic Park Pinball Machine, Carsen Olson!!!

https://twitter.com/PinballExpoOfc/status/1185745172535173120

1 week later
    #1204 4 years ago

Tough crowd. I’m glad I like early SS games because I had a blast. Other than Elvira, JP Premium and SW the Pin, I’ve played all the Sterns and Jersey Jacks. I was excited to play tons of games I don’t have on location anywhere near me. Games on my wishlist got a ton of play and several new games were added.

I felt bad when my (boring EM) game went down for part of Friday. Not sure if they tried to fix it without me but I got it back up and running.

I also felt bad that I didn’t buy more from the vendors but there was a lot of stuff I don’t need or already have. I guess I’d rather save my money for another machine than buy some framed art or a set of pinstadiums. Plus, with my birthday and Christmas rolling around, there is already a list circulating of things I want. My wife is good like that and gets folks to pitch in and buy me parts or mods. However, everything on that list is off limits until after the holidays.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=newovad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.