Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure if it is worth it but might as well ask...
    I will be there ONLY on thursday evening and leaving Friday by 9am.
    I have a game coming to me at Expo parking lot (BMX) and would be able to put in free play but MUST take down and load up on Friday morning at 9am.
    Is this an option?
    Maybe there would be room to set up in Rob's room for the one night?

Probably the machine I regret selling most, only behind Congo. Just couldn't justify BMX and Hardbody in a lineup of six.

1 month later
    #1219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I gotta be honest that I think the vendor space was pretty boring.

I agree, I don't think it's a new problem, but for the most part I'm just not interested in looking at products that I have access to 24/7 on the internet. The vendors I've been the most interested in are the ones that had random used parts.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Incorporating some more fun and excitement into the Vendor room could help bring more people in there and back for multiple trip? possibly?

That's really worth exploring. What would make people want to visit the vendor room? They are probably not going to be good, but I'll toss out a few things...

1) New Releases - Obviously out of the control of the show, but when there is a hot new game people will go wherever that game is. A few years ago, I remember lines around Dialed In.

2) Completions - Maybe the vendors could run a mini-competitions on their games. Each vendors could setup one of their games for the event and give away a small prize to the high score on their game. Set the games up to single ball or make it more pin-golf style to keep it a bit more random.

3) Show Specials - I know it's probably already a pain for the vendors to bring things to the show, but for the most part I'm going to order online unless there are deals I can't get somewhere else.

4) Silent Auction - I'm a sucker for silent auctions. I'll go back multiple times a day to check my bids.

5) Unique Experience - Whirlwind in a wind tunnel, Earthshaker on a shaking platform, Taxi with flippers controlled by turning a steering wheel, Diner with the tilt bob wired to a serving tray, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.