Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

The other expensive burger bar in front of the hotel will be packed this year. Hopefully there will be a new restaurant up and running where Twin Peaks was or within walking distance. It was very convenient for a place to take a break and not extremely expensive (but yes … took a very long time for food). Hopefully locals can advise for walking distance places.

2 weeks later
    #71 4 years ago

Like last year, there sure isn't much promotion for this show in trying to generate interest with what should be their target customers … us pinsiders. It looks like maybe the only possible pin reveal might be from AP??? We like the show and look forward to seeing what the vendors have to offer, see their products in-person, and maybe catch a good deal/sale on something. Maybe catch a couple of seminars that strikes our interest. Pinball Life will be a must for their deals. When are those orders due? I gotta start to make my wish list.

#83 4 years ago

Wow, not much activity here. It's a little over a month away. Will ColorDMD have pre-sales with free delivery at the show again this year? Any pre-show or pre-arranged discounts from other vendors? Pinball Life usually has some sales for pickup at their place ... waiting to see what those are this year.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

If preordered, we will bring Pinshakers to the show, saves about $16 in shipping. If you have a game on the floor at the show, I’ll help you install it (just need a drill with 1/4” bit and a hammer to mount the shaker.)
    https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilliamsbally-wpc-full-shaker-motor-kit

Bring an extra set of the Wonka light cover magic mushrooms. I want to take a look at those and might buy a set.

#113 4 years ago

No Deeproot again ... that sure is dragging out. Friday morning looks pretty dull - no game hall or vendor hall. Might have to scout out an arcade in the area with a bunch of pins. (going to Pinball Life on Thursday early until the game hall and vendor hall opens). Disappointed that I will have to leave before the JJP seminar Saturday evening. The rest looks pretty fun with a few "must see" seminars on my list.

#116 4 years ago

Pinball Life Show Specials are now posted:

https://www.pinballlife.com/annual-open-house-information.html

SHOW SPECIALS:
    Below are some of the show specials. Please keep in mind all sales at the open house are cash only and will be discounted across the board.

Williams/Bally WPC-era Ribbed Chrome Leg Sets - $40.00
    WPC/WPC-95 Coin Doors - $115.00
    PinGulp Pro Drink Caddies - $10.00
    PinGulp Premium Drink Caddies - $12.00
    Standard Playfield Glass - $22.00
    Widebody Playfield Glass - $30.00
    Widebody Playfield Glass with "Tempered" Logo - $20.00
    WPC/WPC-95 Backglass Glass - $20.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $50.00
    Bally Stainless Steel Lockdown Bar (circa 1974-1988) - $50.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Widebody Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $80.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Side Rail Sets - $40.00
    Bally Stainless Steel Side Rails (circa 1974-1981) - $50.00
    Metal Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    PinGuard Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    125-Piece Black or White Rubber Kits - $25.00
    125-Piece Translucent Rubber Kits - $30.00
    BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button Set (except Sys 9& 11) - $25.00
    BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button Set for System 9 & 11 - $30.00
    Set of 4 PerfectPlay Leg Caster Set (any color) - $8.00
    Real Knock Kit for Stern SPIKE & SPIKE 2 Machines - $35.00
    PinWrench Leg Bolt & Backbox Wrench - $10.00
    TNA Hot Pinball Action Marquee - $30.00
    Headphone Jack and External Volume Control For Stern SPIKE 2 Pinball Machines - $45.00

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from balt:

I see there is currently a Groupon discount for single day passes to the 2019 Expo.[quoted image]

Can you buy multiple days … or does it lock you out after you buy one day for 2 people? The fine print isn't clear. Just wondering from those that bought the Groupon.

1 week later
    #214 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Will you have a chair for me ?
    LTG : )

Quoted from jellikit:

Troy, just make sure it has wheels!

... and motorized with a basket. (Sorry ... I couldn't resist.)

#251 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Hey guys, any interest in going to play some games at my house during a break? I don’t know anyone personally, and I’d like to change that. Figure this would be a good way to meet people and hopefully future friends.

My wife and I want to get as much as possible out of Expo again this year. Since Thursday Pinball Life starts at 10AM, we would have to leave about 5AM to get there. We don't want to rush a long car ride for a long day of pinball, so once again we are going to go to Schaumburg the evening/night before (Wednesday), go to Level 257 (Pacman Entertainment or something like that now), have some drinks and play a few hours of pinball as a warmup. Then head straight to Pinball Life in the AM with a fresh start. We'll be in the neighborhood so come on up and visit with us. Anyone else is welcome for the pre-party as well.

#318 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything out of ColorDMD? In past years they offered free shipping/pickup at the show if pre-ordered. I sent them an email a couple of days ago asking and got no response. Will they have a table this year?

1 week later
    #363 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mope161616:

I know Color DMD does a preorder and pickup at show to save on shipping

LCDs are sold out for availability to pickup at the show. Bummed about that. Available 10/31 now. LEDs are still available though.

#365 4 years ago

Is Beetlejuice going to be a future pin theme, or just wishful thinking?

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Anyone know if Elvira is going to be part of the autograph signing? Or who's going to be there? I've asked before and it seemed none of the designers confirm they just show up that day.

I'm sure it will cost money for her signature. It shows that she will be in her own ballroom in the schedule, so probably a shindig with selling signed stuff

#488 4 years ago

My wife and I will be traveling in today and will be down the road a piece at Pacman Entertainment (formerly level 257) in Schraumsburg around 8pm ish for pinball warm ups and drinks after the long drive. Come on over and see us if you are in the area.

2 weeks later
    #1198 4 years ago

I think that this year's Expo was good, not great. It was diverse enough with pins for those that like the 20+ year old pins (free play room), new pins (Stern room, JJP and CGC in the Vendor Hall), Vendors (seemed like less than last year), Pinball gadgets and how they work, Pinball Auction room (newer used pins mostly - within the last 20 years), and Seminars (less number of "must see" presentations this year).

Several vendors said that traffic was way down and there was a "weird vibe" with not many people buying things. That's sad as it sounded like at least a few didn't think it was worth it this year and if you read through some of their posts earlier, they kind of say that. CoinTaker people looked bored out of their mind - not much traffic there, which was surprising. The JJP booth stayed busy and had a lot of key JJP people taking shifts there answering questions. That was good to see. Including pre-purchases, we spent about $1k there on stuff (including Pinball Life). I just hope that in future years the show is better for the vendors. Seeing things at CoinTaker, Lermods, and Lighted Pinball mods pertaining to future pins that we may someday buy was good for us. We know what more things will buy from them in the future.

Stern got the best setup - new pins, Elvira signings, music, tournament room. That's where all the positive energy and excitement was. Not having the tournament in the hallway and giving them more room was a good improvement.

I missed seeing more mod people there like Pingraffix, the people that sold the unlicensed themed coasters/clocks/mats, the people that sold the crafty pinball related trinkets.

We spent a lot of time trying out the Elvira pin, trying to find treasures in the vending hall, and playing pins in the auction room (guess that was the overflow room?). The older pins in the free play only kept our interest for about a half hour. The Game Exchange suite was fun, went there a couple of times for a change of pace. Talking with the JJP people was definitely a highlight. Meeting a few new people that share this crazy hobby was a good thing too. The Pinball Life Thursday was fun too.

Overall, we had a good time. Thanks to the organizers and volunteers.

#1200 4 years ago

The two times that we went in there probably 15-20 pins were turned off. We'd rather play the more recent pins than EM's and pins from the 70's-80's, but there is plenty of people that do love them. That's why I thought that it was good that there were pins from all eras there (diverse). Nothing wrong with people liking different types/eras of pins.

#1231 4 years ago

Buying mods and parts at the shows saves on shipping costs. So there is a discount there if you wait and make sure that they will have it there or pre-pay to pick them up at the show. Pinball Life - decent discounts plus no shipping. I hold of on purchases from them if I can and get what I need plus any anticipated things I know I will need in the coming months at Expo week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.