Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

We gonna do another jdrf fundraiser at superdawg again? Hope so, nothin like stuffn Chicago dogs and helpn kids out at the same time. Whatever I can do count me in.

Now word is out on the street. Flyers will be available on-site as well as to download. Everything they sell will get the 20%, including merchandise and beer!

SD_Flyer (resized).jpgSD_Flyer (resized).jpg
    #45 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Now word is out on the street. Flyers will be available on-site as well as to download. Everything they sell will get the 20%, including merchandise and beer![quoted image]

The Superdawg branded beer is from Lake Effect Brewing Company.

superbier (resized).jpgsuperbier (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #105 4 years ago

Get ready for Expo, Superdawg, and Project Pinball! Some slight updates to the fundraising flyer, they will be available at the show or you can download from here to print. Thanks and see you there!

Superdawg_Final_Use.pdfSuperdawg_Final_Use.pdf
    #123 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Its Friday the 13th and a full moon tonight. pinball life open house tickets are on sale NOW! Limited to 200 hundred.

It is looking like the Pinball Life Open House is SOLD OUT!

#162 4 years ago

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks!

AUCTION_09.19.18_1.pngAUCTION_09.19.18_1.png
    #163 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks![quoted image]

I forgot some specifics, as of now we have donations from over 50 manufacturers, vendors, modders, artists, pinball friends, etc.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks![quoted image]

To give everyone an idea, these are just some donors to the auction. I am humbled by their generosity and that of others.
    Donor List.pngDonor List.png

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Will you have a chair for me ?
    LTG : )

Troy, just make sure it has wheels!

#227 4 years ago

Just down the street... it doesn't get much better than this.

dawg_and_beer (resized).jpgdawg_and_beer (resized).jpg
    #252 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife and I want to get as much as possible out of Expo again this year. Since Thursday Pinball Life starts at 10AM, we would have to leave about 5AM to get there. We don't want to rush a long car ride for a long day of pinball, so once again we are going to go to Schaumburg the evening/night before (Wednesday), go to Level 257 (Pacman Entertainment or something like that now), have some drinks and play a few hours of pinball as a warmup. Then head straight to Pinball Life in the AM with a fresh start. We'll be in the neighborhood so come on up and visit with us. Anyone else is welcome for the pre-party as well.

It sounds like you have a good plan! If you're going to eat while around Pac-Man, the food there is good. But if you want some great burger options, Kuma's is nearby:

https://kumascorner.com/location/kumas-schaumburg/

You may run into some pinheads over there as well.

1 week later
    #327 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm all excited. My little heart is a flutter.
    The mugs arrived !
    LTG : )[quoted image]

Whose ugly mug is being reflected?

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Some clown named Brad.
    LTG : )

bozo_brad.gifbozo_brad.gif
    #334 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Here you go.
    LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Only the best for LTG!

#337 4 years ago

Project Pinball Silent Auction:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-silent-auction

It continues to be updated with donations. Thank you everyone!

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Now word is out on the street. Flyers will be available on-site as well as to download. Everything they sell will get the 20%, including merchandise and beer![quoted image]

And following up in regards to the Superdawg fundraiser for Project Pinball, I just saw this today... Check it out yourself to develop an opinion!

https://chicago.eater.com/maps/38-best-restaurants-in-chicago

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just cancelled my Westin reservations, staying at Hawthorn now. Why spend $450 when you can pay $120 and get free breakfast. Westin needs to rethink their rates.

Nice job, save that money to invest elsewhere!

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Yes, obviously if you want to drink then the Westin is your best choice. I’m a non-drinker so that never registered in my thought process. I’m just no fun

I hope you are closer to...

sd (resized).jpgsd (resized).jpg
    #379 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I think it is closer!
    Oh man, I can taste it already.... I miss that place.

And yes I will keep bumping it, as I'd rather be annoying and possibly get more people there. The Superburger doesn't get as much press, but is very good as well. But my favorite is the Whoopskidawg.

30624245_10157509642244569_1886526660899202481_n (resized).jpg30624245_10157509642244569_1886526660899202481_n (resized).jpg69020445_10159020451729569_8747827412391165952_n (resized).jpg69020445_10159020451729569_8747827412391165952_n (resized).jpg
    #384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

No need for a lanyard Brad, we all know who you are
    [quoted image]
    Just kiddin buddy! We all love Project Pinball and I hope you get a huge turnout! I'll be there.

Thanks Jason. I look forward to seeing you and possibly help beer sales.

DkCOqhZXcAEhAS2 (resized).jpgDkCOqhZXcAEhAS2 (resized).jpg
    #417 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

For those who want to see some of what is up for auction, click below to view a slideshow that is quicker than going through posts in the auction thread! Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQyzIjE5Dbvni6e6sFEAwpTCDbMtxL25kBZcSXA7y-QkVGlXyMOqH4yaSADozWtMMuZs5GttBxEpiMF/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=3000

#420 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Pinside party?[quoted image]

The ratio of women to men in that picture is a bit high.

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh my God. Pinside party? When I close my eyes this is what I imagine a Pinside party would look like:
    Dudes. Lots of dudes getting drunk and high fiving cuz it's the best time of their lives. Also people waiting to play pinball with either their arms crossed or with their hands firmly planted in the pockets of their jorts (shirt tucked in with no belt, of course). Plenty of New Balance shoes as well. Oh, and lots of facial hair. Gotta stay warm, you never know when that next ice age is gonna hit. And finally, not a woman in sight. Zero. Nada. But hey, it's the best time of their lives!

Pics or it didn't happen!

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Get ready for Expo, Superdawg, and Project Pinball! Some slight updates to the fundraising flyer, they will be available at the show or you can download from here to print. Thanks and see you there![quoted image]

The kickoff for Superdawg fundraising started yesterday, but requires a printed copy of the flyer. I'll have them there starting tomorrow to grab, if anyone heads over there prior and has access to a printer, you can pull the PDF from this post or it can also be accessed here. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Hm9cj48FTdzZ5Cfh5N4qJ5saAfO6hnU/view?usp=sharing

Superdawg.pdfSuperdawg.pdf
    #482 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Here's the photograph of the luminol test the police took after the last Pinside party at the Westin. Honestly, you might want to keep your eyes closed.[quoted image]

But what about the Lebowski rug? It tied the room and Pinsiders together!

#501 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Where is everybody?![quoted image]

Someone said Yomamasville, but the stream was slow to load so it can't be verified.

2 weeks later
    #1248 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

According to the audits, 15 people made it through the hole. Unfortunately no idea how many games were played to get to that point!

And I was so hoping to be one of those 15... I guess there is always next time.

#1251 4 years ago

I'm thinking this thread might provide assistance identifying signatures on this Expo sweatshirt:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-pinball-expo-1998-sweatshirt-with-dozens-of-autographs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=jellikit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.