Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

In many ways Expo is two events - one for the industry connected and one for everyone else.

In line with the industry connection aspect, Pinball Expo got a feature story in the September issue of RePlay magazine, the magazine for game operators. So there's an example of an increased publicity push this year. I don't think they have a policy to ignore Pinside; my guess is that upgrading their official website is taking up most of their online publicity resources.
    .................David Marston

2 weeks later
    #165 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

[I] was wondering if people put their pinside name, first name, or full name on the name badge?

The polite thing to do is put both your Pinside handle (and r.g.p handle, if you have one) as well as your IRL first name, at least. It's one thing to hide behind a screen name when people see your words on a screen, but quite different to use an alias in the face-to-face meeting place.

IRL: In Real Life

1 week later
    #262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Hey guys, any interest in going to play some games at my house during a break?

I think Pinball Expo does not really have breaks. There is a long tradition of parties *before* Expo, though.

3 weeks later
    #686 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

I thought no pictures were allowed on the Stern tour?

Approved photographers had a Stern-issued credential and were allowed to take pictures.

#694 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

To those who brought those obscure Spanish pins add some pics to the Internet Pinball database?

Jay from IPDB is here and is on a picture-taking mission for both foreign and domestic games.

#696 4 years ago

This year, it's more important than ever to go to the end of each hallway and check for additional rooms of surprises. The whole Maple/Birch room cluster has specialized game rooms!

#944 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Score to beat on The Circus Tiger is 2,754,800. If you haven’t played this game, definitely get there and play it.

The game is a clone of Gottlieb's Tiger of 1975, an Italy-only product that has the playfield layout of Orbit/Outer Space but with unique artwork.
    https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2560
    In the backglass, there are five large yellow circles near the bottom that are the "five similar objects" to implement the Italian add-a-ball system.

#1064 4 years ago
    Quoted from LoganJK:

I work on pneumatic machines for a living and I never thought about air power in pinball. It's clean and quiet (if you have the right air source). I want to know more! Anyone know the owner?

I'm guessing it needs high pressure but uses very little air. Maybe it could make it a couple days on a large tank? I would want to make sure the machine was getting dry air so there was no moister in the machine.

I LOVE what appears to be the little air nozzles that kick out the saucer at the top of the play field.

Here's the general idea: The tank is pressurized at the start of EACH GAME. That's the only use of electricity in the game; all playfield devices, scoring, indicators are entirely pneumatic. You get to play infinite balls until the air runs out, which can be about 5 minutes. You must think carefully about air pressure as a limited resource and not waste it on gratuitous flipping! As air runs down, the devices become less powerful. Empty tank means game over. It's quite a challenge to the conventional plinball-playing mindset!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=dmarston and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.