Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 4 years ago

when did they stop selling pre-registration tickets - I got hit by this last year and again this year? shows still weeks away so seems strange to stop selling them so early?

Neil.

#320 4 years ago

all is ok.

2 weeks later
    #530 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

First hint on the mystery games. They are from overseas.

haggis?

#533 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is Haggis Spanish?

no australian...

#899 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The Stern room was rocking last night, those DJs spinning 45s were quite entertaining.
    Great expo - better than the last few previous years.

I have to say it was better the night before, hard core dance music isn't really the staple of pinballers (although I personally love it) I tried to get the DJ to play something a little less hard core but he seemed to be enjoying it more for himself! Also think the way they booted everyone out before it started wasn't as managed as good as it should have been, quite a few folks unhappy and demanding a refund.

Overall though expo was great, huge amount of games, folks say no big announcements but Elvira was the big announcement and there was lots of ops for people to play it. Tournament/Stern/Marco room was epic for the tournament.

My only concern is that lots of folks saying it was good lots more folks come next year and the hotel and expo is pretty much at capacity so they'd have to find another location.

Neil.

#901 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

For me, I think JJP announcing WONKA and their future pins would have code updatable via bluetooth was a BIG announcement. We take technology for granted sometimes.

I didn't make it to the JJP event as I've got no intention of buying another JJP after clear gate - but I'm in consumer electronics and I have to say updates via bluetooth seems pretty questionable to me, its not a great platform for doing that type of update, Most things that update via bluetooth are like headphones with tiny updates. I can't imagine doing a 3G update via bluetooth!

Neil.

#948 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just a horrible choice for a tournament game, from both a playing and streaming angle.
    BKSOR pro is a fine tournament and streaming game. BKPerpetual Edition is not.
    When are people going to put a little more consideration into what is going to make for a fun to watch tournament bank? At NYCPC this is one of the main considerations we put into assembling our game banks, and it shows during finals/broadcast stream. You may not want a Rolling Stones Stern in your basement, but it's a good streaming game. You might find Walking Dead to be too tough for your wife and kids to enjoy, but it makes for good TV. Stuff like Alien Star, Quicksilver, and other classics of that era are always going to be fun to watch, due to the luck involved and the relative rarity of even a great player blowing them up.
    It’s really starting to get frustrating. It’s getting harder and harder to try to convince people tournament pinball can be fun to watch when through bad game choice and sleep-inducing commentating teams so many organizers seem to be going out of their way to prove me wrong.
    It's not rocket science. Games with only one way to play, or games with one thing that easily exploitable for hour long games by top players = bad. Games with one shot players will make over and over again, or where you shoot endlessly up the middle like X-files or Breakshot = bad. Games with different ways to play or that behoove players to makes shots all across the playfield = good. machines where marathon games by excellent players are going to be the exception and worth getting excited about also = good.
    If we can't take a little care to allow these highest of profile tournaments the possibility of being interesting for viewers, how can we expect to move this ahead as a spectator event?

they asked for pro's but stern only had premiums - i didn't think it was that bad and its only a handful of players that can do this successfully, Simon when you are down at my house we'll stream you play BK:SOR LE and see what score you can get LOL.

Tim was watching so I'm sure he'll change things so there is more balance to it.

#950 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Bluetooth headphones support and internet (wired or WiFi) updating.
    Normally I wouldn't bother correcting this, but we did announce it and the information provided regarding the announcement was absurdly incorrect.

thanks Keith.

#957 4 years ago

Wonka CE

#990 4 years ago

Just to add my thanks to everyone involved in running the expo - was fantastic and I'm looking forward to next year!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.