Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 month later
    #455 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I have a question. I've never been to this show and if I come I can only come on Thursday. Can you buy a game from either a vendor or private seller and remove it Thursday night? Does anyone know?
    Thanks in advance.

Quoted from Yelobird:

No. Like most shows the games on the floor are there for the duration for others to enjoy. There is an alternate thread covering what is for sale/trade at Expo for those wanting to meet in the parking lot to do trades. So like this some don't but from years ago shows it was always crappy to see games being turned off or wheeled out on day one because the new owner Had to have it now. Hope you can make it!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to talk about this for a minute.

Vendors selling games in the vendor hall can sell what they want and let it go when they want it to. That is something you will have to work out with them.

Games in the game hall can also be purchased at any time. Staff is only able to help during certain times and the info can be found on the Pinball Expo website. There is only one side effect. If the person bringing the game sells it before the show ends their armband has to be returned when the game is removed from the show.

That said, we obviously want games to stay for the whole show if at all possible.

If there are any questions, feel free to reach out to me in email or ‪(224) 279-1545‬.

I hope this helps clarify, and appreciate your attendance. It's a blast and I hope you have a great time.

Thank you much,

Andrew Barney
    Chicago Pinball Expo

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about someone that wants to bring a game for free play tomorrow but needs to leave first thing Sunday morning?

Sounds great! This is actually how we would like it to be

Andrew

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay well now I really feel bad about not bringing a game. Haha. Maybe I still will. Is it an issue to just show up with a game around 5pm tomorrow night? Haha. Might be a last second decision for me.

We will be there! Would love to see your game, and I appreciate you supporting the show! If I can help in any way, give me a call: ‪(224) 279-1545‬

Andrew

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Andrew,
    Thanks for the clarification I think most people who come from out of town can't stay the entire time... I know I can't. I go to many tradeshows and the last day is always the most dead as a doorknob. It only makes sense to let people sell their stuff and allow it to be removed when those customers are leaving.
    I feel better knowing it can be done! I was bringing a truck just in case rather than my faster Hellcat Redeye! LOL I didn't think I could get a pinball game in it but driving up there would go a lot quicker! LOL
    I guess now I'll switch back to the truck! Darn! LOL

My Challenger SRT-8 is spending this weekend at home

See you at the show! Glad I could help. If you need anything, let me know.

Andrew

1 week later
    #1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

My wife & I are planning on attending next years (2020) show which will be our 1st.
    Can we bring a game or 2 that I post here for sale & meet there to sell or is this frowned on?
    I suppose it's different for everyone but is if there was 1 day to be there.... which day would it be?
    Is there an area where there are unrestored machines, parts etc for sale?
    Thanks for any info & tips.

You can bring a game to sell, the only thing you need to know is that show admittance follows the game. So if it sells it would transfer to the new owner.

Of course there are parking lot deals that happen as well, but we always like to see games in the show if it can make it in.

You should check the schedule to see what day you may like. There is a ton going on at the show as well as offsite at Pinball Life. It depends why you want to go and what you are looking for.

I hope you enjoy your first show! See you next year.

Andrew

#1154 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

For the regulars, what’s the days to be there? Was thinking showing up Wednesday and leaving Monday pending friends schedules. Is that ideal or should we be there other days too?

Wednesday the free play room starts taking shape. The majority of games arrive on Wednesday and if you bring a game you get fed that night as well.

Thursday more games come in and the vendor spaces get put together, the game and vendor halls open at 6:00PM. The Stern tour happens Thursday and there is a VIP party at 4:30 for vendors, speakers, staff and folks who bring games. Pinball Life has his Open House usually.

Friday the show is in full swing. PBL has their ticket event.

Saturday is the last official day of the show, load out starts later at night and starts back up Sunday.

There is A LOT_ to do at the show, and time flies.

Andrew

#1179 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Wait, there is a pinball show in Ann Arbor?

I have a stack of these in my box of expo stuff still...

#1237 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Saw pics with games turned off at expo due to not working or simply unplayable.

At it's peak we had 15 games off at once in the main room, which was more or less full with about ~130 games.

The crew spent a significant amount of time keeping things going and did a great job at it. We generally had about 8-10 games off, several of which we did not have keys to fix.

Andrew

#1238 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

terrapinmark is a real asshole. wont let up... yes alot of thought went into why the old entrance was the way it was.. and what made the vendor room more traffic.. please remember BERK brought 125 games.. he had not brought 125 games over the last 33 years.. I begged him too. now he does to make it look like its all my fault... really

Rob bringing games would have been nice... but that is not why attendance/people who bring games was down, and you well know it.

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread?tu=APB_Enterprises and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.