Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.
    #401 4 years ago

What's the concensus on affordable close hotel?

#402 4 years ago

I will be at expo. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Bringing a trailer full of restored games for the freeplay room (all forsale). The HUO Simpsons Party Pinball, Goldeneye, Bally Strikes and Spares, Maximum Force Arcade & Neogeo Arcade. See You There!

#403 4 years ago

Can't wait for the new and improved EXPO. Got cash in hand and looking to spend!

#404 4 years ago

I'm looking to hire someone who has room to bring a pin back to Michigan from Expo.

Is anyone coming to Expo who is coming back to or very near Michigan and has room to bring a game back?

If so, please PM me!

#405 4 years ago

never been to this show. Thinking about flying out from philly in the morning Friday spending a day and flying back. Not optimal but I have an event on Saturday so can’t make the drive. my question is whether there are any feasible options should I happen to find something I just have to have?

#406 4 years ago

I have groupon tickets to the expo this week.Is there anything to do Wednesday?

#407 4 years ago

^^^ no wedesday is set up only

It's EXPO week

#408 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

It's EXPO week

I’ve heard conflicting stories on set up Wednesday - hit or miss. I’ll be setting up Thursday.

#409 4 years ago

I have a room at the Westin and was supposed to share this with to split costs - does anyone still need somewhere to stay? Thursday-Sunday morning

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

It's EXPO week

I'm scheduled to work for game check-in on wednesday from 11am-1pm, so with that said game setup and check in DOES start on wednesday

#411 4 years ago

Also on Wednesday there is a Bumper Blast Party for those that paid admission and a free catered meal too. Usually in the evening. You can play the games in the freeplay hall for a few hours.

#412 4 years ago

We’ve now passed the point where we can bring Pinshakers shaker motors to expo. Pinshakers sold out of these at this past weekend’s York show, we have maybe 7 kits left. If you buy at the show with cash or Zelle, we will ship them to you for free next week.

#413 4 years ago

Tic to, tic toc...

#414 4 years ago
    B3F71013-3327-4839-83DF-7DE44C9D4B4C (resized).jpegB3F71013-3327-4839-83DF-7DE44C9D4B4C (resized).jpeg
    #415 4 years ago
    93AA8C60-2B5A-44DF-9C3D-A58B9CAD6D55 (resized).jpeg93AA8C60-2B5A-44DF-9C3D-A58B9CAD6D55 (resized).jpeg
    #416 4 years ago

As each day passes, the excitement increases exponentially.

#417 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks![quoted image]

For those who want to see some of what is up for auction, click below to view a slideshow that is quicker than going through posts in the auction thread! Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQyzIjE5Dbvni6e6sFEAwpTCDbMtxL25kBZcSXA7y-QkVGlXyMOqH4yaSADozWtMMuZs5GttBxEpiMF/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=3000

#418 4 years ago

2019 expo gonna be...

42598DD5-3098-4338-83EE-43367AC8FAFE (resized).jpeg42598DD5-3098-4338-83EE-43367AC8FAFE (resized).jpeg
    #419 4 years ago

Pinside party?

DA970498-DC51-4057-BC12-D6842BC1F158 (resized).jpegDA970498-DC51-4057-BC12-D6842BC1F158 (resized).jpeg
    #420 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Pinside party?[quoted image]

The ratio of women to men in that picture is a bit high.

#421 4 years ago

How bout a donkey?

505A656E-108D-4807-A4B7-5CCF0692A1A4 (resized).jpeg505A656E-108D-4807-A4B7-5CCF0692A1A4 (resized).jpeg
    #422 4 years ago

Is Kingpin going to be there and will there be a seminar regarding the Kingpin remake progress?

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

will there be a seminar regarding the Kingpin remake progress?

Not on the schedule.

No idea if they'll have a game there or not. I hope so.

LTG : )

#424 4 years ago

A Pinside party would be cool. Many (most?) of us have never met. Has a Pinside party happened before? Complete with name tags featuring our Pinside monikers.

#425 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Has a Pinside party happened before?

Yes.

#426 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

A Pinside party would be cool. Many (most?) of us have never met. Has a Pinside party happened before? Complete with name tags featuring our Pinside monikers.

Yes. I will post #LTG’s room number Thursday night. Parties start at 1 am you just have to keep knocking on the door as the party gets loud sometimes but keep knocking! They are up late with Fred Young doing Punchy the Clown call outs.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I will post #LTG’s room number Thursday night.

#428 4 years ago

You guys are going to have a blast!! Rock it out. I’m stuck in Vegas this week. I know poor me!

Will be watching this thread for updates and pictures!!

Be safe and have fun all!!

#429 4 years ago

I have a question. I've never been to this show and if I come I can only come on Thursday. Can you buy a game from either a vendor or private seller and remove it Thursday night? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

#430 4 years ago

Oh my God. Pinside party? When I close my eyes this is what I imagine a Pinside party would look like:

Dudes. Lots of dudes getting drunk and high fiving cuz it's the best time of their lives. Also people waiting to play pinball with either their arms crossed or with their hands firmly planted in the pockets of their jorts (shirt tucked in with no belt, of course). Plenty of New Balance shoes as well. Oh, and lots of facial hair. Gotta stay warm, you never know when that next ice age is gonna hit. And finally, not a woman in sight. Zero. Nada. But hey, it's the best time of their lives!

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh my God. Pinside party? When I close my eyes this is what I imagine a Pinside party would look like:
    Dudes. Lots of dudes getting drunk and high fiving cuz it's the best time of their lives. Also people waiting to play pinball with either their arms crossed or with their hands firmly planted in the pockets of their jorts (shirt tucked in with no belt, of course). Plenty of New Balance shoes as well. Oh, and lots of facial hair. Gotta stay warm, you never know when that next ice age is gonna hit. And finally, not a woman in sight. Zero. Nada. But hey, it's the best time of their lives!

Scary....you forgot to mention the life of the party and that’s the couple crop dusters that are always at these shows!

#433 4 years ago

Who has the pull to get Elvira to the party?

#434 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Scary....you forgot to mention the life of the party and that’s the couple crop dusters that are always at these shows!

Forgot about that. It's inevitable when all these guys eat all weekend is Subway and Dunkin Donuts.

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I have a question. I've never been to this show and if I come I can only come on Thursday. Can you buy a game from either a vendor or private seller and remove it Thursday night? Does anyone know?
    Thanks in advance.

No. Like most shows the games on the floor are there for the duration for others to enjoy. There is an alternate thread covering what is for sale/trade at Expo for those wanting to meet in the parking lot to do trades. So like this some don't but from years ago shows it was always crappy to see games being turned off or wheeled out on day one because the new owner Had to have it now. Hope you can make it!

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

No. Like most shows the games on the floor are there for the duration for others to enjoy. There is an alternate thread covering what is for sale/trade at Expo for those wanting to meet in the parking lot to do trades. So like this some don't but from years ago shows it was always crappy to see games being turned off or wheeled out on day one because the new owner Had to have it now. Hope you can make it!

Most of the shows I go to make you pay a fine/early removal fee for situations like this.

It's one thing only being in town for one day, but a completely different thing buying a floor game day 1 and then pulling it while you are there for the duration of the event/bringing a beater game solely for free admission with the absolute intent to sell it asap...

#437 4 years ago

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread -- but looking for transport for 4 prewar games (3 counter top, all PM) from Expo to the Central PA / Harrisburg / Hershey area. Please let me know if you can help! (BTW, I fit 7 of these games in the back seat portion of my Nissan Titan for the York show -- much easier to move than a regular pinball).

Thanks
    SSEACORD

#438 4 years ago

No, the remake team and game won't be there this time.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is Kingpin going to be there and will there be a seminar regarding the Kingpin remake progress?

#439 4 years ago

Stalking

914308EC-1FD8-4123-B47E-33E72BC3A328 (resized).jpeg914308EC-1FD8-4123-B47E-33E72BC3A328 (resized).jpeg
    #440 4 years ago

Getting excited! This will be my first EXPO. Feels weird not bringing a game, but I’ll be there around 5pm tomorrow night and I’ll be ready to party!

#441 4 years ago

Anyone know if Elvira is going to be part of the autograph signing? Or who's going to be there? I've asked before and it seemed none of the designers confirm they just show up that day.

Especially Lawlor! He's always there for seminars but not much else.

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Anyone know if Elvira is going to be part of the autograph signing? Or who's going to be there? I've asked before and it seemed none of the designers confirm they just show up that day.

I'm sure it will cost money for her signature. It shows that she will be in her own ballroom in the schedule, so probably a shindig with selling signed stuff

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'm sure it will cost money for her signature. It shows that she will be in her own ballroom in the schedule, so probably a shindig with selling signed stuff

I agree. Very typical these days amongst Comic-Con and such.
    I will gladly give Elvira some money to sign my translite after all the pre-pubescent thrills she's given me.

#444 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

You have described it perfectly.

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Pics or it didn't happen!

#446 4 years ago

I'm bringing extra high fives if anybody needs one.

#447 4 years ago

https://www.959theriver.com/contests/win-a-4-pack-of-passes-to-pinball-expo/

You could win a meet and greet. Expo Ads on the radio in Far west burbs

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Get ready for Expo, Superdawg, and Project Pinball! Some slight updates to the fundraising flyer, they will be available at the show or you can download from here to print. Thanks and see you there![quoted image]

The kickoff for Superdawg fundraising started yesterday, but requires a printed copy of the flyer. I'll have them there starting tomorrow to grab, if anyone heads over there prior and has access to a printer, you can pull the PDF from this post or it can also be accessed here. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Hm9cj48FTdzZ5Cfh5N4qJ5saAfO6hnU/view?usp=sharing

Superdawg.pdfSuperdawg.pdf
    #449 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm bringing extra high fives if anybody needs one.

Any way to pre-order? Would hate to miss out.

#450 4 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Especially Lawlor! He's always there for seminars but not much else.

Per the expo website Elvira is charging $40 to sign and $40 for a selfie.

http://www.pinballexpo.com/cassandrapeterson.html

Damon

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/9?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.