Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

I'm late to this thread, but I am coming to town on Friday late morning and leaving Saturday after 8pm. If I bring a game, it is too late in the convention to get a pass for the event? I usually bring game(s) to Pinball at the Zoo so this would be a first time bringing one to Expo

I would not see why it would, but space maybe short

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

I'm late to this thread, but I am coming to town on Friday late morning and leaving Saturday after 8pm. If I bring a game, it is too late in the convention to get a pass for the event? I usually bring game(s) to Pinball at the Zoo so this would be a first time bringing one to Expo

Not too late! Just bring your game to the loading dock (to the left of the hotel) up the ramp and through the dock doors. There is a room there for registration. You will get an arm band to use while your game is there.

There will be people to lend you a hand and tell you where to go.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I would not see why it would, but space maybe short

I have never seen games turned away, even when John Petersen brought 50 EM games we set games up in the hall. This year with better dead game management, we hope to keep the free play room on point.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

Not too late! Just bring your game to the loading dock (to the left of the hotel) up the ramp and through the dock doors. There is a room there for registration. You will get an arm band to use while your game is there.
    There will be people to lend you a hand and tell you where to go.

not sure if it is worth it but might as well ask...

I will be there ONLY on thursday evening and leaving Friday by 9am.
    I have a game coming to me at Expo parking lot (BMX) and would be able to put in free play but MUST take down and load up on Friday morning at 9am.

Is this an option?

Maybe there would be room to set up in Rob's room for the one night?

#305 4 years ago

Thursday, no problem. Friday, I'm not sure. I would confirm with Andrew and Rob A if that is ok to make sure you can get out. Find us on Thursday and we can make sure you will be fine for Friday load out before you bring it in.

I would Think the best plan would be to leave it in the game hall and make sure we can get you access Friday morning (ping APB).

That's a neat game so would be great to get it on the floor.

#306 4 years ago

Oh man I've been waitin YEARS to get a pic of me on my Redline doin a wheelie/bunny hop on top of a BMX machine. Hilty don't forget yer camera!

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure if it is worth it but might as well ask...
    I will be there ONLY on thursday evening and leaving Friday by 9am.
    I have a game coming to me at Expo parking lot (BMX) and would be able to put in free play but MUST take down and load up on Friday morning at 9am.
    Is this an option?
    Maybe there would be room to set up in Rob's room for the one night?

Probably the machine I regret selling most, only behind Congo. Just couldn't justify BMX and Hardbody in a lineup of six.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oh man I've been waitin YEARS to get a pic of me on my Redline doin a wheelie/bunny hop on top of a BMX machine. Hilty don't forget yer camera!

I knew you were a Redline rider! Another reason we get along!

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I knew you were a Redline rider! Another reason we get along!

Confirmed you can get out from the game hall Friday AM, no issues. Thanks for bringing a game! See you Thursday for your wrist band.

#310 4 years ago

Andrew barney is in charge of the free play hall again. welcome back.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-2019-free-play-area-looking-for-expo-staff#post-5232850

#311 4 years ago

Last year it was too bright in the freeplay area most of the time. Can we get it this year where they turn off all the can lights and only have the big paper chandlers and wall sconces on? If that ends up being too dark bring the cans up slightly. The can lights are responsible for most of the glare on the glass.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Last year it was too bright in the freeplay area most of the time. Can we get it this year where they turn off all the can lights and only have the big paper chandlers and wall sconces on? If that ends up being too dark bring the cans up slightly. The can lights are responsible for most of the glare on the glass.

Sure, you can always reach out to anyone staffing the free play room. Sometimes people are running around not fighting glare, so just grab someone and ask . Input is appreciated and I will try to remember.

#313 4 years ago

2 weeks til load in! cant wait.

Screenshot_20191002-090533 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191002-090533 (resized).png
    #314 4 years ago

Count down to FunTimes!!

#315 4 years ago

As per the norm upon arrival, I will kick open the Westin doors with this blaring on my $160 500 watt speaker that Vid recommended.
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wifes....
    I'm here for the PARTY

#316 4 years ago

I mean, it was three whole years ago when I tried to kick open the revolving door and missed, pulled my groin, and had to be airlifted out with severe testicular bleeding.
    All healed up ready for round two.
    ITS GO TIME.

glass.gifglass.gif
    #317 4 years ago

SO STOKED!!!!!!

#318 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything out of ColorDMD? In past years they offered free shipping/pickup at the show if pre-ordered. I sent them an email a couple of days ago asking and got no response. Will they have a table this year?

#319 4 years ago

Time is running short. If you want to purchase a pinshaker shaker motor for show pick up and want to save on shipping, please contact me ASAP. We have to pre-ship these to the show and won't bring any that aren't pre-sold.

Details can be found on our product page.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilliamsbally-wpc-full-shaker-motor-kit

#320 4 years ago

all is ok.

#322 4 years ago

Any vendors bringing any NIB pins that could leave on Friday evening ? Something you bring along that is not set up for the show that can leave that night ?

Just coming on Friday. Missed expo last year but I have had a habit of coming home with something each year I have attended. Usually floor games but on one occasion I did go home with a nice NIB game. I suppose that could happen again.

#323 4 years ago

Pinside meet and greet. JJ from game exchange is hosting it again. This time in a Suite @ the hotel. Food, Booze and games! see you ll there

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinball-expo-2019-pinside-meet-and-greet#post-5236548

#325 4 years ago

So cool. Auctioning off TNA #550 and a Medieval maddness LE #1 at the pinball life open house event at a zero reserve. Expo is really shaping up to be something special.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/med-madness-le-1-tna-special-550-pinball-life-jdrf-auction

#326 4 years ago

I'm all excited. My little heart is a flutter.

The mugs arrived !

LTG : )

DSC00097 (resized).JPGDSC00097 (resized).JPG
    #327 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The mugs arrived !
    LTG : )[quoted image]

Whose ugly mug is being reflected?

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The mugs arrived !
    LTG : )[quoted image]

sneak peak?

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Whose ugly mug is being reflected?

Some clown named Brad.

#330 4 years ago

That is the sneak peek.

All will be revealed on the 17th.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Some clown named Brad.

bozo_brad.gifbozo_brad.gif
    #332 4 years ago

I was right.

#333 4 years ago

Here you go.

mug2019a (resized).JPGmug2019a (resized).JPGmug2019b (resized).JPGmug2019b (resized).JPGmug2019c (resized).JPGmug2019c (resized).JPG
    #334 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Here you go.
    LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Only the best for LTG!

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Here you go.
    LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

can i buy a voul?

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

can i buy a voul?

or maybe a 'w'? (and an 'e')

#337 4 years ago

Project Pinball Silent Auction:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-silent-auction

It continues to be updated with donations. Thank you everyone!

#338 4 years ago

I'd like to encourage any EM fans or anyone who'd like to see how game devices work to stop by the Fun With Pinball exhibit (www.FunWithPinball.com). This will be the first time the exhibit has traveled to Expo. The exhibit will be set up away from the larger halls in the smaller, quieter Maple room. If devices aren't your thing maybe the Baseball game (https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/games#Baseball) or the Magic City color wheel (https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/magic-city-color-wheel) are. Stop by and say Hi.

/Mark

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Fun With Pinball.

Isn't that why we all own and play these great games?

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Isn't that why we all own and play these great games?

but mark is a very good teacher at how things work! it's good to have someone at expo that will show people how common things on a pinball machine work! pictures from the Rockie mountain showdown that i was at.

20190525_111312 (resized).jpg20190525_111312 (resized).jpg20190525_111316 (resized).jpg20190525_111316 (resized).jpg20190525_111400_001 (resized).jpg20190525_111400_001 (resized).jpg
    #341 4 years ago

Me and my friend will be stopping by the maple room. He has a EM and needs to learn some ins and outs.

#342 4 years ago

Never been to a seminar at Expo, but gonna try and make this one. Looks neat.

#343 4 years ago

Im bringing my Krull, I wont put it in the freeplay room, but ill put it in my booth. Come play a game and enjoy it

#344 4 years ago

so people fill me in with the fascination with Krull because i honestly dont know?

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

so people fill me in with the fascination with Krull because i honestly dont know?

Rare Gottlieb prototype with only 10 built and never went into production.

#346 4 years ago

I will be at the event this year - Already got my room and ready as soon as my event is done which is this coming weekend for those that can attend

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

I will be at the event this year - Already got my room and ready as soon as my event is done which is this coming weekend for those that can attend

when is it this weekend?

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

I'd like to encourage any EM fans or anyone who'd like to see how game devices work to stop by the Fun With Pinball exhibit (www.FunWithPinball.com). This will be the first time the exhibit has traveled to Expo. The exhibit will be set up away from the larger halls in the smaller, quieter Maple room. If devices aren't your thing maybe the Baseball game (https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/games#Baseball) or the Magic City color wheel (https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/magic-city-color-wheel) are. Stop by and say Hi.
    /Mark

Thank you in advance for bringing the exhibit--I'll be sure to check it out.

#349 4 years ago

Free play machines getting packed up. Can't wait!!

15703978390572705328605326661557 (resized).jpg15703978390572705328605326661557 (resized).jpg
    #350 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

Free play machines getting packed up. Can't wait!![quoted image]

As someone who flys to the show from Florida, I want to thank all the guys who bring games for others to play. It is a lot of work to break down, load, transport, unload, set up and do it all over again 3 days later.

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/7?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.