Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.
    #151 4 years ago

Is the stern tour worth $60?

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

IMO, it is worth going one time. Beyond that, not really.

#153 4 years ago

If you are one that enjoys the full experience of Pinball Expo , then the tour is perfect. Sure it may be repetitive, but I like it .

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from ufiti:

Man, what happened to the 24 hour game hall? Agreed, Friday morning is going to be a bust.

Game hall opens up Friday at noon and closes at 2 a.m. Sunday morning. That's a while to running non-stop. I know because i bring a game every year and it gets pounded on. last year i brought rob zombie. the year before a modded out Twilight Zone. This year i think i'm bringing Diner. That game has been playing rock solid. These games here get pounded on HARD. I would get texts at all crazy hours of the night. The best time to go to the free play hall is at like 2-3 AM Saturday morning after bar close, there will be virtually nobody there. all the games on and like 12 people there playing. lol.

That being said people should think about bringing a game to the show. set it up and get perks for the show. It's good times

#155 4 years ago

anyone know who to contact to see if pinbrawl is a thing this year?

I need to cement my travel/lodging

#156 4 years ago

Does anyone bring their kids to Expo? I live pretty close and my 9 year old son and I have gotten into pinball together. Would love to pop in for a few hours Saturday but not sure if it's ok for kids. Probably going to leave the 3 and 6 year olds at home!

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkfanz:

Does anyone bring their kids to Expo?

There are always kids at Expo. It's family friendly and I would encourage you to check it out. Great times.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

That being said people should think about bringing a game to the show. set it up and get perks for the show. It's good times

Thought about it but can’t make it until late Thursday. So, early access to the vendors hall and the VIP are wasted on me. Also, bringing a game doesn’t get one into the seminars?

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Yes. And with the right people. The bus ride can be incredible too !

LTG : )

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Thought about it but can’t make it until late Thursday. So, early access to the vendors hall and the VIP are wasted on me. Also, bringing a game doesn’t get one into the seminars?

yes it does. also dinner if your there wedenday night. but your coming in late thrus

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone know who to contact to see if pinbrawl is a thing this year?

My understanding was that Pinbrawl isn't a thing anymore. I certainly could be wrong. Been trying to find out if there are other tournaments going on during that time, and no one has ever said anything about it.

#162 4 years ago

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks!

AUCTION_09.19.18_1.pngAUCTION_09.19.18_1.png
    #163 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks![quoted image]

I forgot some specifics, as of now we have donations from over 50 manufacturers, vendors, modders, artists, pinball friends, etc.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

My understanding was that Pinbrawl isn't a thing anymore. I certainly could be wrong. Been trying to find out if there are other tournaments going on during that time, and no one has ever said anything about it.

I floated the idea that it would be neat to have some other tournaments around Expo to some of the regular Chicago area TDs and it never got much traction. There's the Pinball Life event, and I believe Jeff T. and Deadflip are doing a tournament, but space is/was capped. Doesn't look like anything else besides those.

Tournaments at Expo should be a lot of fun though!

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

[I] was wondering if people put their pinside name, first name, or full name on the name badge?

The polite thing to do is put both your Pinside handle (and r.g.p handle, if you have one) as well as your IRL first name, at least. It's one thing to hide behind a screen name when people see your words on a screen, but quite different to use an alias in the face-to-face meeting place.
    .................David Marston

IRL: In Real Life

#166 4 years ago

Anybody have a pair of tickets for Pinball Life? I totally missed the ambulance on that one.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Anybody have a pair of tickets for Pinball Life? I totally missed the ambulance on that one.

Same here....I have bought so many things from them I wanted to meet them and say hello.

The service and shipping is outstanding.

#168 4 years ago

Bringing kids is great as long as they can follow basic etiquette regarding waiting for games, not chimp flipping, playing one player at a time, finishing games, running around, etc. Of course, the same rules apply to adults, but they don’t seem to learn them as easily.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Same here....I have bought so many things from them I wanted to meet them and say hello.
    The service and shipping is outstanding.

You can still stop in on Thursday and say hi to everyone. No ticket required for Thursday.

https://www.pinballlife.com/annual-open-house-information.html

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkfanz:

Does anyone bring their kids to Expo? I live pretty close and my 9 year old son and I have gotten into pinball together. Would love to pop in for a few hours Saturday but not sure if it's ok for kids. Probably going to leave the 3 and 6 year olds at home!

Definitely bring him, my boys always enjoy expo. There aren’t many kids, but they get lotsa attention.

A26E1014-7007-4E9A-97A8-BF1D94AD44F7 (resized).jpegA26E1014-7007-4E9A-97A8-BF1D94AD44F7 (resized).jpeg
    #171 4 years ago

I started bringing my kids when they were 7 and 5. My son stayed involved with pins and became a tech for the VFW events and also has his mini-bike repair certificate. Despite Clay, He parlayed this into a career in the slot biz so now he works with the newest Bally & Williams equipment among others.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

You can still stop in on Thursday and say hi to everyone. No ticket required for Thursday.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/annual-open-house-information.html

I get in around 8 pm Thursday night.....shucks.

I might have a spare ticket , hope it works out.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got my hotel room a couple weeks ago.

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I booked a hotel room as well.

I'm waiting until the last minute then booking through Trivago so I'll get a way better deal.

#174 4 years ago

I also need 2 tickets to Pinball Life. The person who was to take care of this dropped the ball. Here's the good news. If someone will sell me 2 tickets at face value, Ill donate $100 to Project Pinball. Thanks [email protected]

#175 4 years ago

I couldn't believe how fast those tickets went.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

I also need 2 tickets to Pinball Life. The person who was to take care of this dropped the ball. Here's the good news. If someone will sell me 2 tickets at face value, Ill donate $100 to Project Pinball. Thanks [email protected]

may get more action on your request if you donate to the PBL charity the event is being put on for > Team G and JRDF

?

#177 4 years ago

I would think Stern would have to have some Elvira and Jurassic World machines up for play. Last year they had plenty of Deadpool ones up for play.

#178 4 years ago

Will Marco have the big tent this year?

#179 4 years ago

Right. 3lvira games will be at EXPO - its the the release game for Stern. Looks like they are trying to get Elvira there for the Friday 8:30 event, but it doesn't look like they have comfirmation shes coming yet. http://www.pinballexpo.net/

Quoted from tmntrule999:

I would think Stern would have to have some Elvira and Jurassic World machines up for play. Last year they had plenty of Deadpool ones up for play.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Will Marco have the big tent this year?

magic 8-ball says "all signs point to 'yes'"

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Right. 3lvira games will be at EXPO - its the the release game for Stern. Looks like they are trying to get Elvira there for the Friday 8:30 event, but it doesn't look like they have comfirmation shes coming yet. http://www.pinballexpo.net/

Don’t know if Cassandra will be at the Stern events but Rob Berk confirmed she will hold meet/greet/autograph events on Friday and Saturday.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I want to invite everyone at Expo to checkout the Silent Auction we will be having at the Project Pinball booth. All proceeds go to benefit Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL. Wonderful donations continue coming in from all over the community and beyond. If you'd like to donate, please message me. Thanks![quoted image]

To give everyone an idea, these are just some donors to the auction. I am humbled by their generosity and that of others.
    Donor List.pngDonor List.png

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Don’t know if Cassandra will be at the Stern events but Rob Berk confirmed she will hold meet/greet/autograph events on Friday and Saturday.

It's on her website

Screenshot_20190919-192701_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190919-192701_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

It's on her website[quoted image]

That’s just indicating she will be there, not participating in the Stern sessions.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

That’s just indicating she will be there, not participating in the Stern sessions.

Do you think they will have a Greg, Dennis, Lyman panel about the game? I didnt see that on the schedule.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Do you think they will have a Greg, Dennis, Lyman panel about the game? I didnt see that on the schedule.

No confirmation on that. Clearly a missed opportunity if they don’t.

#187 4 years ago

Stern Saturday session updated:

“Elvira’s House of Horrors”
    Speakers: Greg Freres, Tom Kopera,
    Lyman Sheats, Jerry Thompson, Chuck Ernst, and Special Guest Cassandra Peterson (Elvira)

Got my tickets and flight this afternoon

#188 4 years ago

I made sure pinbrawl happened every year. It was fun. too bad I am gone

#190 4 years ago

Is this also serving as the Expo for sale thread? I have a Magic Castle that I am thinking about bringing. I actually have 2 right now and they are both in nearly identical shape so I am keeping my original. Some pics and video attached. https://photos.app.goo.gl/xnw6sUTkjqnT1Lri6

#191 4 years ago

Can I interest you in this pin?

Expo pin 2014 (resized).PNGExpo pin 2014 (resized).PNG
    #192 4 years ago

All the rooms are sold out. If anyone has to unexpectedly cancel, please pm me. Thanks.
    Guess I could sleep in my truck, wouldn't be the first time.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

All the rooms are sold out. If anyone has to unexpectedly cancel, please pm me. Thanks.

To be clear, there is still room availability at the Westin. Just not at the show rate.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

yes it does. also dinner if your there wedenday night. but your coming in late thrus

Emailed and got confirmation that bringing a game DOES NOT get one access to seminars. One must still pay the $60 fee.

#195 4 years ago

in past the armband that was given to anyone that brought a game also got them into seminars.. change is so great NOT .

#196 4 years ago

Gryszzz I booked a hotel nearby about a week ago for significantly less. Since you have a car, there should still be plenty of options.

#197 4 years ago

Everyone just walks into the seminars anyhow as there is no one checking at the door for an armband. Maybe that has changed for this year. If not it should as Expo is losing $$$$$$$ to walk ins.

#198 4 years ago

Paying sixty bucks to see a JJP sales pitch seems like a great value.

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

gryszzz I booked a hotel nearby about a week ago for significantly less. Since you have a car, there should still be plenty of options.

pm me which one pls

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pm me which one pls

We are staying at the Hawthorne suites, $75 a night plus tax. Free breakfast.

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/4?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.