Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 26.
    #1101 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

My vendor booth. Very impressive show; really glad I’m here.
    [quoted image]
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Aloha Guys,

I still need 32 balls for your thing I bought...LOL.

It was nice meeting you .

See you in Texas.

#1102 4 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

We also brings tons of Pinball parts, unique artwork, and Knick knacks like enamel pins, patches, tshirts. Generally we have 40-60 feet of booth space frontage.

I know it wasnt much, but my son was pretty happy buying a Pacman lanyard and some Mario pins to put on it. I will try to buy more from you vendors next year.

#1103 4 years ago

Best Expo I have attended. The Pinside party was off the hook. The surprise to me couldn't get enough of Hill Climber. The wife wants one.

20191019_134053 (resized).jpg20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    #1104 4 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Best Expo I have attended. The Pinside party was off the hook. The surprise to me couldn't get enough of Hill Climber. The wife wants one.[quoted image]

My buddy played it and introduced me to the owner. Crazy Fun.

#1105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Agree with this. Vendor hall traffic was sparse. Hard to develop new business like that.

I can only speak for myself, but I looked at all the vendor tables this year just like I have done every year. I can't imagine people that looked at the vendor tables in the past didn't take at least one pass through? Krull was a major draw this year and it was in the vendor hall.

#1106 4 years ago

I worked with vendors well to make things happen. Putting stern in seperate room was way stupid move. yes there were more game but Berk brought like 125 or so. I begged him for years. I aske to meet every ,month for years to plan. Berk never had time. Now when I am gone he brings all these games. also I am all for deals BUT That groupon things also I think is bad.. Unfair to those that preregister .. I wish I was there to see all my friends again.. he wont lets me .BULLSHIT

#1107 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I worked with vendors well to make things happen. Putting stern in seperate room was way stupid move. yes there were more game but Berk brought like 125 or so. I begged him for years. I aske to meet every ,month for years to plan. Berk never had time. Now when I am gone he brings all these games. also I am all for deals BUT That groupon things also I think is bad.. Unfair to those that preregister .. I wish I was there to see all my friends again.. he wont lets me .BULLSHIT

Mike you really need to give it a rest. Expo has gained strength in the last couple years and it appears that trend will continue.

#1108 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Damn dude.. we all appreciate what you did for the hobby years ago.. but you have got to let it go man.. the more you talk the more everyone sides with Berk..

#1109 4 years ago
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpegD87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    #1110 4 years ago

I liked the extra room for Stern, Marco and tournament. Vendor hall was fine - I went through it and checked all the vendors. I went around the vendor hall several times. Freeplay room and overflow rooms. Lots to explore. I thought the show set up was very good. All staffing at the show was very cordial and friendly. People working the main entry table especially nice and very welcoming.

#1111 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Mike,

You have become a broken record at this point.
    I can agree with you on one thing... you should be allowed to come and see your friends and enjoy the show as a patron. Unfortunately, with your continued stance on here I can see why NOBODY wants you associated with the show or there at all! You have become caustic to the whole thing. I suggest taking a step back, realizing that you were in fact a big part of what was taking Expo down in flames, and since your removal the show has seen a rebirth and the future appears bright. I completely understand that this may be very tough to hear and it does not appear to be making it through to you.

The ship has sailed, you are NOT part of expo any longer, and the future of it looks bright.

IF you want to come as a regular pinhead, see your friends, and participate in the show then I think you have some deep self reflection to take on. You need to apologize to quite a few people and most likely eat a bunch of crow with Berk in order to gain that invite.

IF that is not something you are capable of then for your own health I suggest you either let it go, OR turn that passion into driving your own show in competition. I personally think unless you make some big personal changes that any show you touch is likely going to fail, but that is just my personal opinion and my foot still hurts from you running it over with your stupid cart a few years ago (so it could be adding bias )

Either way, step back and ask yourself what you really want out of all this... Then take the right actions to see it all work.

I personally would love to see you back at Expo as a pinhead and as a vendor participating in the show in a healthy manner. I think it would be good for you and for the show. In order to do that, I think you will need to take some big steps to move in the right direction now. First thing is to stop posting anywhere publicly about your grievances of the show.

#1112 4 years ago

I miss the annual, after Expo vendor rant of, Fuck Mike, I'm never going back. Followed by some very odd rebuttal attempts at damage control. - It was an Expo tradition.

#1113 4 years ago

I think this is the first time I've ever heard the term "overflow" used at Expo. That's a good problem to have. Seeing pins and arcade games spill out into the hallways at MGC(Hotel days) basically turned the hotel into a huge arcade.

#1114 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I think this is the first time I've ever heard the term "overflow" used at Expo. That's a good problem to have. Seeing pins and arcade games spill out into the hallways at MGC(Hotel days) basically turned the hotel into a huge arcade.

The parking was crazy on Thur night and Friday was nearly impossible. I haven't seen it like that ever at the Westin. They had shuttle busses for people parking remotely.

Usually my go-to was Devon Bank...but man that thing was jammed packed with made up parking spots galore.

#1115 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The parking was crazy on Thur night and Friday was nearly impossible. I haven't seen it like that ever at the Westin. They had shuttle busses for people parking remotely.
    Usually my go-to was Devon Bank...but man that thing was jammed packed with made up parking spots galore.

The old RAM restaurant/brewery directly across the street was wide open Friday night.

(Just as well that Twin Peaks was no longer open. Got a few parking spots from that area.)

#1116 4 years ago

It's been awhile but I remember Ram having really good Rubens and brew!

#1117 4 years ago

One big open space like MGC would keep people moving around, but then people would need to give up the 24 hour free play situation. I'm generally a junk Scrounger so most of what was for sale was not for me. The only stuff I bought was pre arranged junk, stuff from James, and posters from Logan.

maybe Rob can bring some parts games too cannibalize next year

With the truck parking barricaded off in the parking lot it sucked up a lot of the open spaces. I made my own, but maybe we can move empty semis to the overflow lot.

#1118 4 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

I heard one more year at the Westin before they move the show to a bigger place in Schaumburg.
    Iffy if we will be back as a vendor next year as we were one of the ones with significantly decreased sales from last year.
    From talking with other vendors it seems about equally split between those of us who were down significantly and those that had great sales. I think traffic flow and room layout was a contributing factor, but not sure how much. Having all the Sterns in their own room seemed to take a big part of the traffic away from the vendor rooms. One vendor even commented that they had to go drag their best customers out of the Stern/Marco room to buy the stuff they normally buy every year from them.
    For us it's as much about relationships as it is about total sales, but the sales decrease will probably give us a tough decision next year on if/how we attend as a vendor.

yeah, sales were horrible this year. don't know what the deal was. guess bunch of penny pinchers this year at the show! lol!

#1119 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah, sales were horrible this year. don't know what the deal was. guess bunch of penny pinchers this year at the show! lol!

Was it more no one bought anything, or not enough people bought enough. Anotherwords ticket average or ticket count? I gave both my boys $100 to blow in the vendor room and they did so within 15 minutes on friday. I know my youngest also spent some of his own money as well. I went over budget buying shooter rods, a new pcb, gameroom signs, playfield glass, a shower curtain(!), and various small parts including 15 fuses that my machine went through keeping it running between repairs. We spent way more this year, but i justified it by not staying onsite.

#1120 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

It's been awhile but I remember Ram having really good Rubens and brew!

Their food and brew were shit. Hence the reason they all went out of business.

#1121 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Often wondered if as a vendor it’s worth all the effort and expense to do these trade shows? Just looking at some of the displays I could not imagine moving all of that stuff for what turns out to be a day and a half display. Must be for the love of the hobby. Hard to believe you sell enough product. Some of the vendor booths had zero traffic and the dudes looked bored. Looking at their phones more then speaking with potential customers.

It's worth it - some supporting thoughts:

- In online sales my daughterboard sales divide 50-50 between the Classic and the Pro version. With the luxury of discussing the difference directly with customers at shows, the divide is more like 75-25 (or more) advantage for the Pro over the Classic. Successfully explaining the software I wrote for the Pro board is rewarding.
    - Plenty of folks who came by my booth who had not heard of my products before. One example is a guy from Germany who bought one Pro Daughterboard. This week I shipped an order of 11 daughterboards to Germany - I have no way to know if this is a spin-off from the show but it certainly could be.
    - Lots and lots of past customers come by and thank me for the daughterboard. That happens at every show and it's awesome!
    - Spent the weekend playing pinball and talking life with my uncle. Separate play and vendor rooms allowed for reasonable vending hours and that meant we spent a good amount of time playing the large selection of games at the show.
    - Could have sold more of the Pinball Pyramid at Expo - they sold out the first day. Could have left the Skee Score sets at home as none sold (it is popular online; just not at Expo this year). Lots of praise on the Skee display but at the end of the day product didn't match what the on-site audience needed. If I'm offering the wrong product for the attendees that's my problem; not the show's.

So yea, it's hard but it's worth it.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#1122 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

It's worth it - some supporting thoughts:
    - In online sales my daughterboard sales divide 50-50 between the Classic and the Pro version. With the luxury of discussing the difference directly with customers at shows, the divide is more like 75-25 (or more) advantage for the Pro over the Classic. Successfully explaining the software I wrote for the Pro board is rewarding.
    - Plenty of folks who came by my booth who had not heard of my products before. One example is a guy from Germany who bought one Pro Daughterboard. This week I shipped an order of 11 daughterboards to Germany - I have no way to know if this is a spin-off from the show but it certainly could be.
    - Lots and lots of past customers come by and thank me for the daughterboard. That happens at every show and it's awesome!
    - Spent the weekend playing pinball and talking life with my uncle. Separate play and vendor rooms allowed for reasonable vending hours and that meant we spent a good amount of time playing the large selection of games at the show.
    - Could have sold more of the Pinball Pyramid at Expo - they sold out the first day. Could have left the Skee Score sets at home as none sold (it is popular online; just not at Expo this year). Lots of praise on the Skee display but at the end of the day product didn't match what the on-site audience needed. If I'm offering the wrong product for the attendees that's my problem; not the show's.
    So yea, it's hard but it's worth it.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

I bought the 2nd to last one, whew just in time.

Will post up a pic once my 300 balls arrive to display the pyramid. lol

It was nice meeting you guys, see you here in Texas .

#1123 4 years ago

Anyone have a contact number for the guys at Lited pinball mods? I have emailed and PM'd all week with no reply and need the software to make their 3D topper work. The USB SD card that came in the box is bad. Thanks

#1124 4 years ago

so, for vendors...…. do they charge a flat fee for a booth or by the square foot or what? anybody mind sharing what they do charge at expo, since it's apparently 2x the cost of tpf.

#1125 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so, for vendors...…. do they charge a flat fee for a booth or by the square foot or what? anybody mind sharing what they do charge at expo, since it's apparently 2x the cost of tpf.

price isn’t different from most shows, by the sf. Btw, it looks like tpf is now charging vendors for show passes.

http://www.pinballexpo.net/vendors.html

#1126 4 years ago

that's ridiculous, and they will wonder why people will back out now. just took away the price of their room being payed for. greedy bastards!

#1127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Will post up a pic once my 300 balls arrive to display the pyramid. lol

Oh, you bought them too? Great minds think alike.

#1128 4 years ago

My wife & I are planning on attending next years (2020) show which will be our 1st.

Can we bring a game or 2 that I post here for sale & meet there to sell or is this frowned on?

I suppose it's different for everyone but is if there was 1 day to be there.... which day would it be?

Is there an area where there are unrestored machines, parts etc for sale?

Thanks for any info & tips.

#1129 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

If we were to reserve a room at the Westin... which floor/part of the hotel would be more calm/quiet?

When you make your booking, ask for the room next to JJ @ Game Exchanges Room.

Guaranteed to be quiet - nothing much going on there.

Thank me later.

rd

#1130 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Ask for the room next to JJ's Game Exchange room. Guaranteed to be quiet.

That rotordave. Always so helpful.

#1131 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

If we were to reserve a room at the Westin... which floor/part of the hotel would be more calm/quiet?

tony2 (resized).jpgtony2 (resized).jpg
    #1132 4 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image]

Doctor sleep coming soon.

#1133 4 years ago

It's obvious that 1 of my questions offended/triggered many of you so I edited it out.... carry on.

#1134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It's always nice meeting existing customers and new ones at the shows, that's mainly why we go...my wife and I work really hard before, after and during the shows, it's exhausting really. And we travel by plane! TSA did not like the shaker motors we brought on board.

The shaker motor I purchased for POTC installed easily and works well. I appreciated your being at the show.

#1135 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

It's obvious that 1 of my questions offended/triggered many of you so I edited it out.... carry on.

they're messing with you because game exchange had several pinballs in their room along with booze and late night shenanigans.. So to play it safe I would say the highest floor you can book.

Quoted from scampcamp:

Can we bring a game or 2 that I post here for sale & meet there to sell or is this frowned on?

Bringing a game gives you a free day pass for everyday you leave it in freeplay. Soon as it sells you have to return those wristbands (or pay the price they cost).

#1136 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

they're messing with you because game exchange had several pinballs in their room along with booze and late night shenanigans.. So to play it safe I would say the highest floor you can book.

LOL... yea.... maybe I should have known the higher floors would be quieter. Thanks for the tip.

#1137 4 years ago

My suggestion for a quiet hotel would be a different hotel than the Westin. Parties could be going on everywhere.

I had noise complaints to my room for watching tv so, yeah.

#1138 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

We spent a lot. Took home a bunch of cool stuff.

9E0CB00C-D9FA-4C84-A862-E13F5BBF4823 (resized).jpeg9E0CB00C-D9FA-4C84-A862-E13F5BBF4823 (resized).jpegEE125782-9E33-47A4-9CF3-CDCAE29EE275 (resized).jpegEE125782-9E33-47A4-9CF3-CDCAE29EE275 (resized).jpegCF32994E-6360-4BE6-A4C7-1D7B63E9D3AE (resized).jpegCF32994E-6360-4BE6-A4C7-1D7B63E9D3AE (resized).jpeg
    #1139 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When you make your booking, ask for the room next to JJ @ Game Exchanges Room.

I was three doors down. Perfect place to be...

#1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

My wife & I are planning on attending next years (2020) show which will be our 1st.
    I suppose it's different for everyone but is if there was 1 day to be there.... which day would it be?
    Is there an area where there are unrestored machines, parts etc for sale?
    Thanks for any info & tips.

You can bring a game to sell, the only thing you need to know is that show admittance follows the game. So if it sells it would transfer to the new owner.

Of course there are parking lot deals that happen as well, but we always like to see games in the show if it can make it in.

You should check the schedule to see what day you may like. There is a ton going on at the show as well as offsite at Pinball Life. It depends why you want to go and what you are looking for.

I hope you enjoy your first show! See you next year.

Andrew

#1141 4 years ago

For the regulars, what’s the days to be there? Was thinking showing up Wednesday and leaving Monday pending friends schedules. Is that ideal or should we be there other days too?

#1142 4 years ago

There are lots of parking lot deals. I had to meet seven different people in the parking lot to get games that they bought from me

#1143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

There are lots of parking lot deals. I had to meet seven different people in the parking lot to get games that they bought from me

Thank you again Troy~

#1144 4 years ago

"parties"?
    "late night shenanigans"?

I don't think a bunch of dudes getting drunk and doing the elephant walk in a hotel room constitutes as either of the above.

#1145 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

"parties"?
    "late night shenanigans"?
    I don't think a bunch of dudes getting drunk and doing the elephant walk in a hotel room constitutes as either of the above.

Dude. Anytime you wanna throw down Lemmy know. Shut the fuck up and please, fuck off.

#1146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude. Anytime you wanna throw down Lemmy know. Shut the fuck up and please, fuck off.

You mad, bro?

Settle down.

#1147 4 years ago

Not mad at all.
    You need your happy ass whooped. I'll be your mf huckleberry.
    Don't tell me what to do fuckface.

#1148 4 years ago

I just want to know why the people in room 320 kept getting mad when I knocked on their door every night at 1am. And even madder when I went in to get a beer when they said they didn't have anything, Boy were they mad at me. The second night I thought he was going to punch me. The 3rd night, I couldn't believe it, he opened the door, handed me a beer, and said that he heard the guy in 330 had more drinks

#1149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not mad at all.
    You need your happy ass whooped. I'll be your mf huckleberry.
    Don't tell me what to do fuckface.

Go play some pinball. Or better yet, try getting laid. You seem very emotional right now.
    a15d345 (resized).jpga15d345 (resized).jpg

#1150 4 years ago

Well I could always get laid more, but your tired pic and wording still don't fly.
    Not "triggered",.. just tired of your "I'm gonna be the Pinside Frank and troll you all haha!" bullshit. Let's fuckin fight dickhead.

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.