Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 26.
    #51 4 years ago

Following

#53 4 years ago

Damn, no Expobrawl tournament again.....lame, it was one of my favorites.

1 week later
    #54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Expo is fast approaching and we are gearing up for it. I wanted to let everyone know that we will be selling Pinshakers shaker motors for BW games and we may have some for stern (whitestar!) and de/Sega games. These are plug and play and fully customizable shakers that don't draw power from your game. By setting dip switches, you control what solenoids or flashers activate it; you can also control the intensity of shake with the turn of a dial.
    If you would like one, please contact me as we can only bring motors that are pre-sold. Also, I'll go one step further and say that if you bring a game to the show and buy a shaker motor, I'll install it free. The motors are $199 and you avoid the shipping charge. Please contact me if you would like one. I put one in my WH20 and it's quite a nice experience.

Are these ready for DE yet? Been wanting to add a shaker to my Tommy for years!

#55 4 years ago

I added Expo to the events page.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from JDub03:

Are these ready for DE yet? Been wanting to add a shaker to my Tommy for years!

DE not available yet, sorry. but we will look into it.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Yes BERK has banned me..Makes no sense at all. I would appreciate some of you bugging him to allow me to come see my friends from all over the world of 35 years. Its like a class or family reunion. Please call him or email him and help .. Thanks mike pacak hope to see you all there.

Alot of these folks don't realize that it only takes a couple people to ruin a show. People sneaking in without paying, people bringing shitty games in for the FREE admission, People complaining about times the Hall is open. It gets old year after year and I understand having to tow the line with some folks.

Mike , out of 15 shows you only pissed me off twice, so 13 good shows! I never cared about the show money for pinball, or the times the FREE Play area was open or closed, I found other stuff to do and enjoyed the expericence. So thanks for the great years you gave us.

Honestly I never saw Rob Berk working the door or the floor and maybe I just didn't pay attn. Last year was one of the best shows and I hope for the same this year. I will be bringing games to play, sell, and plenty of money to buy parts and mods. Keeping anyone from a Pinball show is cruel, unless you murdered someone or are a convicted child molestor, there is no reason for this. If being a dick gets you banned from Expo then we should try the same thing here on Pinside. I honestly try not to look at pinside because some people are dicks to each other. The banter gets old and its the same people on 20k post. I like pinside for parts sales and information about event. Good Luck Mike and hope you can come. They still let John Popiduck into the show and he stole from dozens of people. (Ya I'm Included)

#58 4 years ago

Rob Berk has brought many a shitty games to past expo's. Heck, most of them sat in the hall turned off the entire show. Ban him!

#59 4 years ago

is Rob Anthony going to be a vendor this year fixing games? I got a Star Trek Next Gen with his name all over it.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

is Rob Anthony going to be a vendor this year fixing games?

He is on the vendor list.

LTG : )

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

is Rob Anthony going to be a vendor this year fixing games?

On his schedule :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borygard-s-show-schedule-19

#62 4 years ago

yes every year many of berks games dont work half the time.I had been the face of the show for like 33 years good or bad.. Made a lot of great friends all over the world. I think he being very unfair with this shit I will some of you would talk to him about this . as said popaduik screwed people out of thousands and he was allowed back?? really . I have done more for this hobby and show than \berk ever did its a once a year party for him. It was alot more to me .. I still support people with schematics manuals flyers translites on a daily basis ... it all bullshit.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He is on the vendor list.

Its nvram time!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

yes every year many of berks games dont work half the time.I had been the face of the show for like 33 years good or bad.. Made a lot of great friends all over the world. I think he being very unfair with this shit I will some of you would talk to him about this . as said popaduik screwed people out of thousands and he was allowed back?? really . I have done more for this hobby and show than \berk ever did its a once a year party for him. It was alot more to me .. I still support people with schematics manuals flyers translites on a daily basis ... it all bullshit.

The problem is you're a raging ahole at the show. You may be fine the rest of the year but not during expo.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Yes BERK has banned me..Makes no sense at all. I would appreciate some of you bugging him to allow me to come see my friends from all over the world of 35 years. Its like a class or family reunion. Please call him or email him and help .. Thanks mike pacak hope to see you all there.

Based on what you stated last year, there is pending litigation between you and Berk, so of course you're not going to be allowed to attend. From Berk's perspective, nothing good will come of having an on-going lawsuit and you attending Expo.

Quoted from mikepin:

Legal papers have been filed

Quoted from mikepin:

SO although this has taken forever there is legal action pend ing

Quoted from mikepin:

therefor there will be a court hearing soon to determine a lot of things.

Quoted from mikepin:

He just decided to buy me out but clearly gave me the right to do a show AND stated everywhere and to me that he was not doing westin and I could so thats the legal issue here unfortunatly between lawyers and his stall tactics no hearing yet was filed way back in june originally so plain and simple westin contract was MINE and he took it period...

Quoted from mikepin:

still hoping for court hearing soon which he does not want at all

Quoted from mikepin:

was supposed to have court hearings before show but he has postponed and stalled them all...

Quoted from mikepin:

I would have never sold out without that contract whic he point blank told everyone and me in texts I could do my oun show at westin we have been supposed to go to court for moths but he postpones it every time we ill get there someday and i believe i will be back at westin next year

Quoted from mikepin:

A court case is pending and I wanted to be heard before this years show however he has managed to stall every hearing since july.

Quoted from mikepin:

we will see what happens in court. may be back next year

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fpacak:

The problem is you're a raging ahole at the show. .

365. 24/7!

#68 4 years ago

i have settled the case lst month was worn out by his delays for every court hearing for last year so its over no more case now

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

i have settled the case lst month was worn out by his delays for every court hearing for last year so its over no more case now

I would have guessed that if attending expo was a priority for you, it would have been stipulated as part of the settlement.

#70 4 years ago

BERK REFUSED and he wore me out with delays..

#71 4 years ago

Like last year, there sure isn't much promotion for this show in trying to generate interest with what should be their target customers … us pinsiders. It looks like maybe the only possible pin reveal might be from AP??? We like the show and look forward to seeing what the vendors have to offer, see their products in-person, and maybe catch a good deal/sale on something. Maybe catch a couple of seminars that strikes our interest. Pinball Life will be a must for their deals. When are those orders due? I gotta start to make my wish list.

#72 4 years ago

Pinball Expo has never really had much of a Pinside presence or interest in opinions on how to improve the show.

The Mike and Rob feud is ridiculous and has tainted the show for years. (I know how polarizing Mike is but banning him from the show is juvenile. Whatever you think of Mike, Expo would not have made it this far without him).

Expo has been eclipsed by TPF as the best show for pinball and is really only what it is today because of its proximity to Chicago and the ability to draw industry insiders. Most of the folks here on Pinside aren’t the target audience for Expo so I wouldn’t expect to see Rob posting here anyway. In many ways Expo is two events - one for the industry connected and one for everyone else. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but the potential of what Expo could be has never been fulfilled because of it. Expo used to be great. It’s still very good, but no longer the must do show.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Pinball Expo has never really had much of a Pinside presence or interest in opinions on how to improve the show.
    The Mike and Rob feud is ridiculous and has tainted the show for years. (I know how polarizing Mike is but banning him from the show is juvenile. Whatever you think of Mike, Expo would not have made it this far without him).
    Expo has been eclipsed by TPF as the best show for pinball and is really only what it is today because of its proximity to Chicago and the ability to draw industry insiders. Most of the folks here on Pinside aren’t the target audience for Expo so I wouldn’t expect to see Rob posting here anyway. In many ways Expo is two events - one for the industry connected and one for everyone else. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but the potential of what Expo could be has never been fulfilled because of it. Expo used to be great. It’s still very good, but no longer the must do show.

We had a great time last year as a vendor. We liked the vendor room, lots of new games everywhere. Looking forward to it again this year. Only suggestion we have is to please open the vendor room earlier on Friday. Opening it at 4pm on Friday doesn’t make sense to us. We are there to vend and the more hours we have a chance to do that the better. A lot of down time for us opening at 4. I’d suggest an opening between 11 and 1 would be better.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

It looks like maybe the only possible pin reveal might be from AP???

Hard to say. And manufacturers might not want to post anything unless they are sure it will be there.

American Pinball I believe plans to reveal their next game. Wonder if it's still a mystery my dear Watson ? PPS/CGC may be revealing their next game, too early to tell yet and no announcement from them. JJP may since they intend to do two games this year, and again too early to tell as they do want reveals closer to release.

And does Stern have anything up their sleeve ? They have Stern-O-Rama Friday night and something ? late Saturday night ?

So the potential is there. We can keep our hopes up and who knows. Maybe a surprise or two.

Either way, the 35th Anniversary Expo will be great. See you there.

Disclaimer : Come on Rob, let Mike have his table inside the door, for old times sake. Make it the best Expo ever.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Only suggestion we have is to please open the vendor room earlier on Friday.

Have you talked to Rob about this ? Best do it soon, before it's too late to change anything.

#76 4 years ago

If Stern has an Elvira event and a definite statement on how they are going to address QC on playfields, I’m in.

If JJP has an answer on their POTC and Wonka playfields fiasco, I want a front row seat.

Real news for real solutions to address real problems could make this the Expo to remember.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Have you talked to Rob about this ? Best do it soon, before it's too late to change anything.

Yes, about 10 days ago I sent an email. Hadn't heard back. Hope everything is ok with him, he’s usually very responsive.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, about 10 days ago I sent an email.

I'd call. After a day or two email again.

#79 4 years ago

Here's a reveal of sorts - I've just booked my travel and I've paid for a booth, so KAHR.US Circuits is coming! The 35th Expo will be my first Expo - I'm very excited to be joining the event!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

In many ways Expo is two events - one for the industry connected and one for everyone else.

In line with the industry connection aspect, Pinball Expo got a feature story in the September issue of RePlay magazine, the magazine for game operators. So there's an example of an increased publicity push this year. I don't think they have a policy to ignore Pinside; my guess is that upgrading their official website is taking up most of their online publicity resources.
    .................David Marston

#81 4 years ago

Is galloping ghost going to have a room again with their machines? I thought that went over well and gave families another option. Also took some pressure off the pin room. Hopefully we see a reveal. Although last couple yrs it seems mgc is becoming more of a location for that. I personally would like to see both succeed and grow. Theyre both in driving range for me and being six months apart is ideal.

#82 4 years ago

Yes, I hope the Ghost returns. That line up was great.

#83 4 years ago

Wow, not much activity here. It's a little over a month away. Will ColorDMD have pre-sales with free delivery at the show again this year? Any pre-show or pre-arranged discounts from other vendors? Pinball Life usually has some sales for pickup at their place ... waiting to see what those are this year.

#84 4 years ago

Anybody got any good crt’s for sale they can bring? G07, 4900, 4600, 7000?...... wouldn’t hurt to pick up a g05 or 6100 either....

#85 4 years ago

It could be a "full retail price" show this year.

#86 4 years ago

Anyone think Stern will announce or comment on Elvira 3?

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Anyone think Stern will announce or comment on Elvira 3?

No idea on Stern's plans. They are scheduled for Stern-O-Rama Friday night and maybe something late Saturday night. So whether they show a new title or talk about future titles, or not. Stern is planning a great time for their fans.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Wow, not much activity here.

So far for my seminar I have for prizes a framed and lighted Jersey Jack Pinball WOZ translite, a set of custom powder coated Williams style legs, and mirror blades for a Stern Star Trek ( pro I think ) and "pinball parts" ( anyone wanting to contribute to the pinball parts is welcome to ).

And planning the 35th anniversary mugs. The slogans I've been thinking of. I've been informed they were too coarse, profane, and that vulgar mugs would likely be stuck in the back of cabinets out of site. So I think I'm on the right track to top last year's mug.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Wow, not much activity here. It's a little over a month away. Will ColorDMD have pre-sales with free delivery at the show again this year? Any pre-show or pre-arranged discounts from other vendors? Pinball Life usually has some sales for pickup at their place ... waiting to see what those are this year.

If preordered, we will bring Pinshakers to the show, saves about $16 in shipping. If you have a game on the floor at the show, I’ll help you install it (just need a drill with 1/4” bit and a hammer to mount the shaker.)

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilliamsbally-wpc-full-shaker-motor-kit

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And planning the 35th anniversary mugs.

Anybody have an idea for a quote on the back ?

Last year was, "You got you shi**en pants on"

This year I've been thinking :

Pinball mother f**ker do you speak it ?
    Bad Mugger F**ker
    Rock and roll all night and pinball everyday

Any favorites there or other suggestions ?

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bad Mugger F**ker

"Is that a mound in your clearcoat or are you happy to see me?"

Or something that ties in the current clearcoat epidemic...

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bad Mugger F**ker

I LIKE BIG pinBALLS AND I CAN NOT LIE

Blue balls? I prefer mine silver

I like flipping my balls

#93 4 years ago

Just noticed today the Twin Peaks across the parking lot has closed down! Was a grear fun bar to go to during expo without having to drive. The Ram brewery across the street closed also but that was before the last expo. Old Munich Inn across the street however has been remodeled and reopened as Old Munich Tavern. Kind of an old fashioned dive but refurbished. I like that they didn't fancy it up though still just a divey kind of sports drinking bar. Anyway just thought people might want to know about Twin Peaks as it has been a big Expo place to go.

#94 4 years ago

WOW, both Twin Peaks and the Ram closed. Great places.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Just noticed today the Twin Peaks across the parking lot has closed down! Was a grear fun bar to go to during expo without having to drive. The Ram brewery across the street closed also but that was before the last expo. Old Munich Inn across the street however has been remodeled and reopened as Old Munich Tavern. Kind of an old fashioned dive but refurbished. I like that they didn't fancy it up though still just a divey kind of sports drinking bar. Anyway just thought people might want to know about Twin Peaks as it has been a big Expo place to go.

The Twin Peaks closing was mentioned on page one.

#96 4 years ago

The lack of Heighway Pinball events must have done Twin Peaks in.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

The Twin Peaks closing was mentioned on page one.

I figured I was a bit late on this one! Anyway it's too bad it's closed... But the Old Munich Tavern reopening is something to note. They have no kitchen though just Pizza (frozen probably) and Brats I think. But a good place to chill and have a cold one right across the street.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

If preordered, we will bring Pinshakers to the show, saves about $16 in shipping. If you have a game on the floor at the show, I’ll help you install it (just need a drill with 1/4” bit and a hammer to mount the shaker.)
    https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilliamsbally-wpc-full-shaker-motor-kit

Bring an extra set of the Wonka light cover magic mushrooms. I want to take a look at those and might buy a set.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Bring an extra set of the Wonka light cover magic mushrooms. I want to take a look at those and might buy a set.

We should have plenty of those, they are easy to carry on the plane.

#100 4 years ago

We are going to have an Addams in our booth and I will hopefully have a Pinshaker shaker motor installed it. For those curious about it, stop by and I'll explain how it works and what it does. Feel the power!

Unfortunately, I cannot bring the shakers to the show unless preordered off our website, mainly because I don't want to have to ship unsold product back home. So, if you want one, please preorder and we will have it for you at the show, save on shipping.

Same goes for other mods. We will have inventory on hand of most of our mods, but if you know you want something, please let us know before the show and we will bring it. No prepayment needed for our other mods.

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.