Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 26.
    #851 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

She's gonna poke someone's eye out.

I'm guessin both eyes.. At the same time...if u hold'em right.

#852 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody streaming JJP’s seminar at 8 tonight?

no, even better i will sitting front row

#853 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

no, even better i will sitting front row

Smartass!Hey get back with some updates on Keith’s big surprises

#854 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Presumably code on the games he had lead on - WOZ / PotC.

Maybe online features for the newer games.

#855 4 years ago

Question from Australia, coz it’s a long way to Chicago.
    How does Pinball Expo rate as an compared to TPF? We did the trip to TPF 2018, and really enjoyed it.
    We like the experience playing the pins, and meeting people and vendors,.. not in to the tournaments .
    Haven’t been to the Chicago area, so this event next time around may be something we’d look at,.. if it compares well.

#856 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrWol64:

Question from Australia, coz it’s a long way to Chicago.
    How does Pinball Expo rate as an compared to TPF? We did the trip to TPF 2018, and really enjoyed it.
    We like the experience playing the pins, and meeting people and vendors,.. not in to the tournaments .
    Haven’t been to the Chicago area, so this event next time around may be something we’d look at,.. if it compares well.

I have been to both multiple times. Texas has more games by far and many more nicely restored games. All large shows now benefit from a decent selection of new games fresh out of the box. Expo does have some good things going for it but if you are going to travel that far there may be better choices.

Midwest gaming classic in the Milwaukee area is a great show also.

#857 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

3 games, brand new one - super canasta. It has a basketball shot from either a ramp (like a dunk I guess) and also a vuk shot.[quoted image]

Wow . What shaq attack coulda been and shoulda been!!

#858 4 years ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Wow . What shaq attack coulda been and shoulda been!!

Well, Space Jam 2 is coming to theaters soon!

#859 4 years ago

Any news out of jjp panel Tonight?

#860 4 years ago
    20191019_193229 (resized).jpg20191019_193229 (resized).jpg
    #861 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Any news out of jjp panel Tonight?

not yet. wonka white wood

1571536029540560225638 (resized).jpg1571536029540560225638 (resized).jpg
    #862 4 years ago

Who won then jurassic park?

#863 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

bluetooth support for willy wonka

#864 4 years ago

Thanks for the updates! Hope theres something said about Pirates code

#865 4 years ago

automatic internet updates

#866 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the updates! Hope theres something said about Pirates code

they said they know there going to do one last one. thats all he said not when.

#867 4 years ago

they said they know there going to do one last one. thats all he said not when.

How about one more RUN of Pirates? They would sell out in minutes.

#868 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Given that they've pushed out jjGnR to next year due to cleargate, unlikely anytime soon. I can see it happening later next year, but probably depends on how busy they are with jjGnR and Toy Story.

#869 4 years ago

Kind of a lame expo when it comes to announcements/new games.

#870 4 years ago
    Quoted from lapean111:

There's two new games there Quetzal Pinball "Super Canasta" and Haggis Pinball "Celts". Doesn't seem to me much reporting about them though.

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

There's two new games there Quetzal Pinball "Super Canasta" and Haggis Pinball "Celts". Doesn't seem to me much reporting about them though.

While it is exciting to have new companies building games, "Super Canasta" doesn't seem that exciting....

Haggis' game looks cool, but it won't do well on location, so I am not sure what they are trying to do...

#872 4 years ago
    Quoted from lapean111:

Yeah. Seems like Texas Pinball Festival and MGC have bigger announcements as well as more games to play.

#873 4 years ago

Why announce new game information at a pinball-centric event/Expo, when you can release the new game info to IGN!!!

#874 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Why announce new game information at a pinball-centric event/Expo, when you can release the new game info to IGN!!!

Ick.

#875 4 years ago

The Stern room was rocking last night, those DJs spinning 45s were quite entertaining.

Great expo - better than the last few previous years.

#876 4 years ago

Having played the haggis game celts I got bored fairly quickly. It’s essentially 2 orbits 2 scoops and a turn around mini orbit. It did not give me the come back for more feeling. After 2 balls I was happy and content with walking away but out of respect, I finished my third. I will say the people at haggis seem to be top notch. Extremely polite and seem to be really excited about the theme. I also enjoyed them standing next to the machine and coaching me through the game giving me pointers and tips and tricks. Made my expience a better one. Still something is missing. I just don’t think it will get a quality response here in the states. Maybe back home it will kill! I wish them the best however. Any new pinball that keeps growing Pinball is good pinball!

#877 4 years ago

not yet. wonka white wood[quoted image]

Anymore info or pics of wonka whitewood? Any major differences from production ones?

#878 4 years ago

I had a blast at the new and improved Expo.

#879 4 years ago

Has anyone done a walk-through , had a look on YouTube but could not find anything

#880 4 years ago

So any news on POTC code from the JJP seminar?

#881 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

Its in the works.. no release date tho

#882 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

They just got the Elvira seminar up from 5:00PM a couple hours ago, so the JJP seminar (which was 8:00PM) one should be up later tonight or in the morning, I would guess.

#883 4 years ago

So who won the Jurassic park?

#884 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Anymore info or pics of wonka whitewood? Any major differences from production ones?

yes there was. wish i knew you wanted pics. the seminar should be up soon

#885 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Jjp said no more runs. Only if distributors did large firm pre paid orders would they which the said highly unlikely. They said it was a “really slow burner.” Not sure what that meant.

#886 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toppers:

Having played the haggis game celts I got bored fairly quickly. It’s essentially 2 orbits 2 scoops and a turn around mini orbit. It did not give me the come back for more feeling. After 2 balls I was happy and content with walking away but out of respect, I finished my third. I will say the people at haggis seem to be top notch. Extremely polite and seem to be really excited about the theme. I also enjoyed them standing next to the machine and coaching me through the game giving me pointers and tips and tricks. Made my expience a better one. Still something is missing. I just don’t think it will get a quality response here in the states. Maybe back home it will kill! I wish them the best however. Any new pinball that keeps growing Pinball is good pinball!

I liked the guys we designed it. Great effort for a prototype game. Yes not perfect but they aren’t done.

#887 4 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Jjp said no more runs. Only if distributors did large firm pre paid orders would they which the said highly unlikely. They said it was a “really slow burner.” Not sure what that meant.

That doesn't sound like "no", it sounds like "get to work." The only definition needed is what does "large, firm" mean? 250? 400? They only made 1000 total of all trim levels on the initial run...

#888 4 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

I think they mean that the big demand came towards the end or after its run.

It's obvious both the license and BoM are too expensive to make it worth their while.

If they'd canned the disk entirely before they showed the first proto (along with mechanical trunk and cannon - both totally peripheral and unnecessary), and done an original theme (think AFM / Mars Attacks, but piratey), their path to market and final costs would have been so much lower, and people still would have been wowed. Hopefully a lesson for them - don't fixate on features or themes that are obviously going to be too expensive and problematic.

#889 4 years ago

Pinball News have uploaded all the seminars on YouTube here :
    https://m.youtube.com/user/PinballNewsVideos

That's great to bring that on the Internet!

Side note : The JP2 seminar is missing.

#890 4 years ago

anything from deeproot? or is that another show they are announcing?

#891 4 years ago

If anyone needs help with load out check the haunted room. They may be able to lend a hand... or leg.

Another fantastic, too short Expo. Thanks Rob, Andrew, et all.

20191017_223109 (resized).jpg20191017_223109 (resized).jpg
    #892 4 years ago

Headed home! Had a blast. Couldn’t have imagined my first EXPO being any better.

278C3E3D-250A-47CA-AE6E-D603387A5136 (resized).jpeg278C3E3D-250A-47CA-AE6E-D603387A5136 (resized).jpeg314C1B6E-DB3D-429A-BB2B-5BFD09EEC5EA (resized).jpeg314C1B6E-DB3D-429A-BB2B-5BFD09EEC5EA (resized).jpeg6E9EE056-31DC-4D3D-BA03-9ACD97773E15 (resized).jpeg6E9EE056-31DC-4D3D-BA03-9ACD97773E15 (resized).jpegB1FEE3AB-93D5-4254-9F60-DA68A6926153 (resized).jpegB1FEE3AB-93D5-4254-9F60-DA68A6926153 (resized).jpeg
    #893 4 years ago

no Pat either ?

Quoted from Peanuts:

Pinball News have uploaded all the seminars on YouTube here :
    https://m.youtube.com/user/PinballNewsVideos
    That's great to bring that on the Internet!
    Side note : The JP2 seminar is missing.

#894 4 years ago

I can see the Pat Lawyor one:

#895 4 years ago

Thanks !

Quoted from Peanuts:

I can see the Pat Lawyor one:

#896 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Headed home! Had a blast. Couldn’t have imagined my first EXPO being any better.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WTH are we looking at here Erik?

#897 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

WTH are we looking at here Erik?

Pinball Olympics at Bangerjay’s house on Saturday. Great collection, with the event focused on games with a twist.. Tilt Bob Elvis, where the tilt bob Hangs in front of your eyes. Binocular Metallica.. where the game looks really far away, champion pub treadmill, drunk goggles, etc.. hilariously fun..

#898 4 years ago

Heading home from the hotel today, had a massive amount of fun and pretty sure Undertale got a few hundred more plays.

Also had a great time playing Zigzug!

zigzug (resized).jpgzigzug (resized).jpg

(Context: I told Matti that I wanted to play Krull sometime during the weekend, and she forgot the title. She ended up reminding me later "Don't forget to play that one game, that Zigzug or whatever it was!" No clue how Krull turns into Zigzug, but here you go!)

#899 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The Stern room was rocking last night, those DJs spinning 45s were quite entertaining.
    Great expo - better than the last few previous years.

I have to say it was better the night before, hard core dance music isn't really the staple of pinballers (although I personally love it) I tried to get the DJ to play something a little less hard core but he seemed to be enjoying it more for himself! Also think the way they booted everyone out before it started wasn't as managed as good as it should have been, quite a few folks unhappy and demanding a refund.

Overall though expo was great, huge amount of games, folks say no big announcements but Elvira was the big announcement and there was lots of ops for people to play it. Tournament/Stern/Marco room was epic for the tournament.

My only concern is that lots of folks saying it was good lots more folks come next year and the hotel and expo is pretty much at capacity so they'd have to find another location.

Neil.

#900 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

folks say no big announcements but Elvira was the big announcement
    Neil.

For me, I think JJP announcing WONKA and their future pins would have code updatable via Wifi was a BIG announcement. We take technology for granted sometimes.

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/18?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.