Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 26.
    #801 4 years ago
    Quoted from twisty4678:

The intention being that even if the games were not working 100%, it was an opportunity to see/photograph some games you probably won’t see anywhere else. Glad you enjoyed the ones you played!

It was indeed fun to check out, thanks for making that happen! Maybe my stuck-ball eyes weren't turned on.

#802 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Had a great time at Expo yesterday. The show was really nice and everybody was very accommodating. Went down for a day and saw a lot of stuff and played a number of games I hadn't played before. Vendor hall had some neat stuff too.
    Good job and thanks to all that had a hand in the show, game bringers, organizers, volunteers, vendors, etc....... Thumbs up.

This size of an event and a machine based on her and they couldn’t spare the extra change for her full costume apperance? That’s cheap ass lame. Expo looks fun though.

#803 4 years ago

A few pictures of the Gameroom from different angles.. definitely lots of things to play, old and new.. a few games off, but plenty on and working.

96E3FC48-5483-4FAA-8C89-0EC1D170B46C (resized).jpeg96E3FC48-5483-4FAA-8C89-0EC1D170B46C (resized).jpegB4EC542C-6F93-43C9-86A8-1E5D8969FAC4 (resized).jpegB4EC542C-6F93-43C9-86A8-1E5D8969FAC4 (resized).jpegD35AE2E9-09A6-4FA0-903F-0B7222AE8C3A (resized).jpegD35AE2E9-09A6-4FA0-903F-0B7222AE8C3A (resized).jpegD5085CD1-E3DA-4DFF-B8BC-6B6387129E89 (resized).jpegD5085CD1-E3DA-4DFF-B8BC-6B6387129E89 (resized).jpegFB267BFE-1607-466F-892F-94C1859B977B (resized).jpegFB267BFE-1607-466F-892F-94C1859B977B (resized).jpeg
    #804 4 years ago

Score to beat on The Circus Tiger is 2,754,800. If you haven’t played this game, definitely get there and play it. It’s by all the Wonkas and is next to a whitewood quicksilver.

23C4B9DA-31D8-4ABB-BB65-42751E8226EA (resized).jpeg23C4B9DA-31D8-4ABB-BB65-42751E8226EA (resized).jpeg
    #805 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

This size of an event and a machine based on her and they couldn’t spare the extra change for her full costume apperance? That’s cheap ass lame. Expo looks fun though.

I’m guessing it’s a lighting thing.
    Would you want to appear in that get up at that age in stark light?
    Cassandra a classy lady,I know class I’m married one

#806 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Score to beat on The Circus Tiger is 2,754,800. If you haven’t played this game, definitely get there and play it. It’s by all the Wonkas and is next to a whitewood quicksilver.[quoted image]

Pics of playfield?

#807 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Pics of playfield?

2FED0BEE-2970-49AC-9E38-EB18660D7C75 (resized).jpeg2FED0BEE-2970-49AC-9E38-EB18660D7C75 (resized).jpeg
    #808 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

It looks like a Gottlieb Orbit except that I don’t see a a wire return gate feature in the right outline, it’s a single player and they place a post to block the return feature in the upper right section of the playfield. The art is very nice.

#809 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

It looks like a Gottlieb Orbit except that I don’t see a a wire return gate feature in the right outline, it’s a single player and they place a post to block the return feature in the upper right section of the playfield. The art is very nice.

Italian company made these with left over Gottlieb parts. The guy said they apparently made a couple thousand. This one is fully restored.

#810 4 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

So many nice people in this hobby, but there's always that 'someone' that feels entitled to take what isn't his/hers... Unbelievable.

I heard he offered to return them but Marco declined cause the shipping would be too much! Ok that wasn't necessary sorry! I hate when people order one switch them bitch about the shipping cost... Seriously Sucks that someone would take them, and then if they display them, their friends will probably narc them out to Marco and maybe unfriend them! Then again they probably have no friends anyway so...

#811 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Besides, pissing and moaning at a con will get you only two things:, not because some jackass bitched about it at TPF.
    If you don’t theylike #cleargate, don’t buy until they address it.

I don't think asking a legitimate question about a significant issue should be considered bitching or moaning , obviously you haven't been directly affected by the problem

Quoted from knockerlover:

The thing is.. they have been addressed, future versions of games won’t have the issue.

Just curious when and where have they publicly addressed the Playfield chipping issue , if they don't acknowledge the issues how do you know future games won't have the same problem .

The current Playfield issues affect two of the major manufacturers , if they acknowledge the issue and say how they have resolved it would me give me confidence in buying their products going forward .
    IMG_20191020_025641 (resized).jpgIMG_20191020_025641 (resized).jpgIMG_20191020_032028 (resized).jpgIMG_20191020_032028 (resized).jpgIMG_20191020_032138 (resized).jpgIMG_20191020_032138 (resized).jpg

#812 4 years ago

Please get this out of the expo thread. There’s already a thread that discusses this stuff. Moar Wolf Man!!

838A4261-741E-42BE-801B-4A5A36F3339E (resized).jpeg838A4261-741E-42BE-801B-4A5A36F3339E (resized).jpeg
    #813 4 years ago

Castlevania is great. Amazing layout. Go play it.

194C3F4D-8592-4865-961D-EF7E89FDCBB8 (resized).jpeg194C3F4D-8592-4865-961D-EF7E89FDCBB8 (resized).jpeg
    #814 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please get this out of the expo thread. There’s already a thread that discusses this stuff. ]

Love your work Chuck , just responding to something that was mentioned in this thread

#815 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I’m guessing it’s a lighting thing.
    Would you want to appear in that get up at that age in stark light?
    Cassandra a classy lady,I know class I’m married one

Are you kidding? She is still gorgeous. How many people at Expo wouldn’t love to get their picture with Elvira in full costume for their game room? Especially people who grew up with her. I can’t think of a cooler accessory for my game room and she still looks fine of course as her real self but that doesn’t compare to a costume pic of the one and only never to be duplicated Elvira! No way the new one matches up to her. There is only one original episode four LOL

#816 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please get this out of the expo thread. There’s already a thread that discusses this stuff. Moar Wolf Man!![quoted image]

Chuck given the hugeness of that issue, I don’t think merely asking about it once in the Expo thread is inappropriate. Expo is the first big event since cleargate truly broke. It’s a fair topic for sure. No need to sweep it under the rug. The manufacturers should at least address it publicly and where better to do so?

#817 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

I believe the security requires all torches and pitchforks be checked at the door. Besides, pissing and moaning at a con will get you only two things:
    1) Jack
    2) Shit
    Example: The same calls for harassing Stern about getting new GB code were asked for at TPF. I’m 99.999999999999% sure that had zero effect on Dwight and “top men” finally getting it done. Stern did that code update because they knew it was the right thing to do, not because some jackass bitched about it at TPF.
    If you don’t like #cleargate, don’t buy until they address it. If you’re directly affected, work with your distro and manufacturer directly to express your displeasure and work on a remedy. It might not be the remedy you like, but any company that wants to stay in business will at least try.

I wouldn’t expect the pitchfork to get you very far. However, perhaps a question like “Good afternoon, I’m a big fan of your machines. I own six of them. And I’d love to get more. However, before I give you $9000 for an additional machine, what assurance can you give me that you have addressed the issue where the playfield falls apart shortly after delivery, something that has never happened previously in the entire history of Pinball?”

#818 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

I wouldn’t expect the pitchfork to get you very far. However, perhaps a question like “Good afternoon, I’m a big fan of your machines. I own six of them. And I’d love to get more. However, before I give you $9000 for an additional machine, what assurance can you give me that you have addressed the issue where the playfield falls apart shortly after delivery, something that has never happened previously in the entire history of Pinball?”

They know about it. They want it resolved more than anyone in the world. Should I spend my vacation playing pinball and having fun with friends or asking dick questions to the people who make the games? If it's that important to you get on a plane and walk in and ask them.

#819 4 years ago

Anybody know if that bally vampire was for sale?

#820 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

You might get a better response by not exaggerating the issue with “falling apart” and never in the history of pinball

Have you addressed the pf issues?

I’m happy with the comments from my distro re the issue and even happier with my recently delivered JPLE. ElviraLE next week. Wonka CE two weeks

#821 4 years ago

Any pics or videos of the new sw comic book premium?

#822 4 years ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Anybody know if that bally vampire was for sale?

NFS. But it’s robs so I’m sure all games have a price if your offering enough.

#823 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wolf man or Wonka CE? I choose. Wolf Man.[quoted image]

She's gonna poke someone's eye out.

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:Should I spend my vacation playing pinball and having fun with friends or asking dick questions to the people who make the games?

It's a simple question , not a dick question , you're only a dick if it takes your whole vacation to ask it .

#825 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

Are you kidding? She is still gorgeous. How many people at Expo wouldn’t love to get their picture with Elvira in full costume for their game room? Especially people who grew up with her. I can’t think of a cooler accessory for my game room and she still looks fine of course as her real self but that doesn’t compare to a costume pic of the one and only never to be duplicated Elvira! No way the new one matches up to her. There is only one original episode four LOL

she is 68 years old and still very attractive

#826 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

They know about it. They want it resolved more than anyone in the world. Should I spend my vacation playing pinball and having fun with friends or asking dick questions to the people who make the games? If it's that important to you get on a plane and walk in and ask them.

A dick question? Are you for real? Seeking info on a big problem most of us are concerned about is nothing of the sort. You work for Stern? Lighten up. This bothers some people a lot more than others. Bringing it up is certainly appropriate. I could care less if it miffs some of you.

#827 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

A dick question? Are you for real? Seeking info on a big problem most of us are concerned about is nothing of the sort. You work for Stern? Lighten up. This bothers some people a lot more than others. Bringing it up is certainly appropriate. I could care less if it miffs some of you.

I am for real. I have a game that it mildly affects at this time. Don't know if it will get worse or not. You guys who constantly cry about this need to get real. Call you distributor and get it fixed.

#828 4 years ago

Bangerjay’s pinball olympics made the event.. unbelievable space, super creative, tons of fun..

1A531DCB-F06E-495A-B90E-593AA112D849 (resized).jpeg1A531DCB-F06E-495A-B90E-593AA112D849 (resized).jpeg2C917C5D-9CFE-4E72-A266-39F73DA3CF31 (resized).jpeg2C917C5D-9CFE-4E72-A266-39F73DA3CF31 (resized).jpeg2F5E8D3B-40FD-42C8-BEFA-796ABDDDFF18 (resized).jpeg2F5E8D3B-40FD-42C8-BEFA-796ABDDDFF18 (resized).jpeg84745C24-D7B8-47FC-AAA2-6252B50EA282 (resized).jpeg84745C24-D7B8-47FC-AAA2-6252B50EA282 (resized).jpegD6BC4CEF-7821-4AE5-9555-E10909F8330C (resized).jpegD6BC4CEF-7821-4AE5-9555-E10909F8330C (resized).jpegE9ED5D36-9EB1-46D4-8FD8-00B09B89B314 (resized).jpegE9ED5D36-9EB1-46D4-8FD8-00B09B89B314 (resized).jpeg
    #829 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I don't think asking a legitimate question about a significant issue should be considered bitching or moaning , obviously you haven't been directly affected by the problem

Hasn’t every manufacturer issued a statement at this point? Do you feel they are unaware of the issue or the sentiment of those affected?

Also: Wolf Man 2020 - Make Pinball Hairy Again!

#830 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

You guys who constantly cry about this need to get real. Call you distributor and get it fixed.

The distributors don't make this problem , is not fair enough to ask the actual manufacturers about this problem . Like Chuck said this does belong in another thread but just responding to what has been mentioned here .

#831 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:Hasn’t every manufacturer issued a statement at this point?

I'm sorry , I follow pinside and listen to most of the podcasts , can you give details on what the manufacturers have said or give me a link to their statements . I have heard spooky had an issue and resolved it , jjp working on it , but nothing from Stern . Please let me know if I have missed something .

#832 4 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

she is 68 years old and still very attractive

Heres a pic from salem horror fest last week. The photo ops were on a repro red couch from her show. The guy next to her is John Kassir aka the voice of the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt.

rps20191019_134847 (resized).jpgrps20191019_134847 (resized).jpg
    #833 4 years ago

How I spent my summer vacation. Whoops! I meant, what I saw at Expo:

Stern tour showed Elvira + JP + SW comic art edition all being assembled. Assembly sure is labor intensive (we're lucky it is still being done in the USA). Gary Stern likes people taking selfies with him (and doesn't charge for it). The Elvira LEs on line and boxed up all had Euro price cards in them and tags noting Belgium and Italy and France, etc. Games have code names (such as Furry Hat for GotG, JAWS for JP, curves for Elvira). Playfields are cut and routed at Stern, sent out for printing and clear coat, then returned to Stern where they are placed in racks and left for weeks to let the clear cure (did our tour guide tell us this for a reason?).

Thursday and Friday seminars were sparsely attended (Saturday seminars should be better). Did you know there have been 68 pinball manufacturers in Spain who have produced a total of 603 different title games? Including 3 by Quetzal which can be seen at Expo. Derek Fugate hosted the "what is my game worth?" segment and mostly asked the audience why current prices are so much higher than they were just five years ago. The Banzai Run for sale at Expo for $14K was questioned (I said games these days cost about $7K and only have one playfield while it has two playfields, so...). Pinball artists Watson and Youssi recapped their interesting careers. Pat Lawlor explained why pinball popularity surges briefly after each major innovation (flippers, digital scoring, dot matrix display) and gave credit to his employer JJP for the latest resurgence by adding LCD screens and RGB lighting and forcing the rest of the industry to follow suit. He said P2K was dropped by WMS because it wasn't as profitable as gambling devices even though RFM sold well.

It looks like CGC toppers have forced Stern to up its game with the new Black Knight topper. The new CGC topper for MM looks great and has lighting effects tied into the new RGB lighting in the game, but the figures are stationary. Cassandra Peterson (not dressed as Elvira) is really nice and still looks great. The Game Exchange party in JJ's room Friday evening was great, with Chick-fil-A catering, an open bar and several new Stern games to play. I did have fun playing pinball now and then, but mostly I liked chatting with other pinball enthusiasts, whether at that party or while in the seminars or while waiting in line together or just wandering the vendor hall. I saw and talked with some old friends, but also met a whole lot of new people at Expo (including several Pinsiders).

Gary aka littlecammi

#834 4 years ago

Please post some Quicksilver WW and restored photos ! Thanks

#835 4 years ago

Any video of the Castlevania game? Looks good...

Oh and f the new Elvira game for delaying a real game in JP prem.

That's all

#836 4 years ago

Best rule sheet I’ve seen to date.

2818E809-121A-4A51-8BD4-D5798685F3E5 (resized).jpeg2818E809-121A-4A51-8BD4-D5798685F3E5 (resized).jpeg
    #837 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Any video of the Castlevania game? Looks good...

played awesome, reminded me of iron maiden

#838 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I'm sorry , I follow pinside and listen to most of the podcasts , can you give details on what the manufacturers have said or give me a link to their statements . I have heard spooky had an issue and resolved it , jjp working on it , but nothing from Stern . Please let me know if I have missed something .

Last I’ll post on this in this thread. Manufacturers aren’t going to make any statements, but they have silently corrected the problem. The theory is that the clear doesn’t adhere to the artwork as well as the bare wood. Lack of “tooth”. This is exasperated in areas where something like a post is torqued down.

Stern has absolutely corrected this, just as Spooky did long ago by redacting the artwork from right underneath the posts.

The first hundred or so Stern, Jurassic Park pros were released without this change. All of the LEs however have these redacted post areas, you can assume this will be the same for premium and pros going forward.

Jersey Jack has made the same change. One distributor made a Facebook post that’s “play field issues have now been corrected”. But it was quickly taken down, and they were probably asked to by JJP. It’s the same change.

Put the pitchforks away, and call your distributor to help you get a replacement play field. Some distributors if you’re convincing enough and the damage is severe enough are offering replacement games or refunds. Although those cases are pretty limited. Mostly you’re getting a replacement play field. But you could maybe negotiate a populated one or for them to do the swap for you.

#839 4 years ago

Expo just keeps getting better. way less games turned off. I like the tournament moved to a room, kept the front area less crowded leaving spots for todd tuckey and special when lit.

Big thanks to Troy for bringing Krull. Most people wouldn't bring such a rare game to a show, much less one that nice. Was so awesome to see the lower playfield, and the upper playfield played good too.

Elvira was more fun that I anticipated (since it looks sparse).

Finally played jurassic park, which was as fun as I imagined. So much to shoot for, such a smooth game.

The homebrew section keeps getting bigger. There was a firepowerII redone as robotech. Ghost in the shell keeps getting better every show, as does Nightmare before christmas. All three Quetzal spanish pins were there and were all fun to play.

20191019_105308 (resized).jpg20191019_105308 (resized).jpg20191019_131238 (resized).jpg20191019_131238 (resized).jpg20191019_131607 (resized).jpg20191019_131607 (resized).jpg20191019_133350 (resized).jpg20191019_133350 (resized).jpg
    #840 4 years ago

I paid $40 just for this just so you could live vicariously through me..

0CEE08F0-BB78-4F1A-A1FB-07BC837E5F0B (resized).jpeg0CEE08F0-BB78-4F1A-A1FB-07BC837E5F0B (resized).jpeg
    #841 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Spooky didn't so much "resolve" it as change the playfield art so there's no ink/art around the areas where posts contact the playfield, just clear. While it solves the ink adhesion/clear pooling problem, it's an ugly solution, IMO. I hope there's work to make playfields as they were, but without the adhesion issues.

#842 4 years ago

Wait a minute, Queztal made another pin, and it completely flied under the pinside radar? Same with the Scottish games one?

Huh. Interesting.

#843 4 years ago

My Understanding is they made 2 games - captain Nemo and Tokyo drift. Tokyo drift is the new game

Quoted from s1500:

Wait a minute, Queztal made another pin, and it completely flied under the pinside radar? Same with the Scottish games one?
    Huh. Interesting.

#844 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Best rule sheet I’ve seen to date.[quoted image]

Seems pretty theme appropriate

#845 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

It’s been talked about at length on at least TWIP and Head2Head (my initial go-to’s), including reading of statements from Stern and JJP at a minimum, and I believe CGC and American Pinball, but don’t hold me to those last two.

Direct quote from Zach Sharpe in item #2 on this page from TWIP: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-august-26th-2019

I’m (kinda) not trying to be a dick here. Zach’s advice on that quote, which I mentioned above, is your best course of action: work with your distro and manufacturer. Anything else is unlikely to get you any benefit.

#846 4 years ago

Anybody streaming JJP’s seminar at 8 tonight?

#847 4 years ago

I heard Eric Hadley is

#848 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I heard Eric Hadley is

Do you have a link to his channel? Which platform?

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from lapean111:

Do you have a link to his channel? Which platform?

Unfortunately I don’t

#850 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My Understanding is they made 2 games - captain Nemo and Tokyo drift. Tokyo drift is the new game

3 games, brand new one - super canasta. It has a basketball shot from either a ramp (like a dunk I guess) and also a vuk shot.

20191018_210631.jpg20191018_210631.jpg
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/17?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.