Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 26.
    #701 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That Wolf Man pin looks interesting. I'd like to see more of it!

Yes, as soon as I got a glimpse reading this forum, I zoomed in on that immediately. Very excited to play that one later today!!

#702 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow are the semis people like Marco’s?

I'd guess at least one was Rob Berk- the number of games there with his name on them is plentiful.

#703 4 years ago

Really enjoying seeing the effort going into Expo to elevate it from where it was. Kudos to all involved.

#704 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a store here on pinside? I've never heard of your products before now...

PinMonk , here is their website: www.kahr.us I bought their WPC daughterboard to fix the reset issue, works perfectly!

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a store here on pinside? I've never heard of your products before now...

PinMonk yes, I have my boards available in my Pinside shop, and even though I'm in Chicago at Expo I am fulfilling online orders b/c I can ship from the hotel.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#706 4 years ago

The two semis sitting next to each other are just from Rob Berk. Rob brought two semis and a 24 footer to Expo full of games.

No I'm not on the roof and we're not throwing a game off the roof. But we are raising the roof at Expo.

David Fix
    Pinball EXPO

IMG_20191018_080458 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_080458 (resized).jpgIMG_20191016_120800 (resized).jpgIMG_20191016_120800 (resized).jpg
    #707 4 years ago

Crap I didn't know there was a life star on the roof of the ambulance. Have to go up there and replace it with something...

#708 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Crap I didn't know there was a life star on the roof of the ambulance. Have to go up there and replace it with something...

So that one is yours!

#709 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Nice Pin Hauler!!

#710 4 years ago

Kumas for lunch then pinball till the sun comes up tomorrow!!

#711 4 years ago

Ok, drooling to get there tonight!

#712 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

This year, it's more important than ever to go to the end of each hallway and check for additional rooms of surprises. The whole Maple/Birch room cluster has specialized game rooms!
    .................David Marston

Signage is… not great.

#713 4 years ago

Went last night. Couple of quick thoughts:

The Groupon tip saved me some money. Thanks!

The 35th Expo MM poster is fantastic.

Tons of games and many were actually working.

Vendor hall is chockfull of great stuff. Lots of part, art, and mod vendors.

Did I mention there were seemingly way more quality free-play games than Expo of the recent years past.

The parking lot was almost completely full at 7PM on a Thursday. Yet, it did not seem overly crowded inside. I don't know what else is going on or if it's still going on, but parking could be an issue this weekend.

The new MMR is likely my first NiB and I might sell a kidney to get the even more insanely expensive one.

Wish I had more time to go back this weekend.

#714 4 years ago

24 hour Game Hall is now open!!!!!

#715 4 years ago

Anyone posted a walk through video yet? I guess it is a bit too soon ... haha

I would love to get a vendor hall walk through as well.

#716 4 years ago

For those that went on the Stern tour yesterday, did anyone hear anything regarding the Star Wars topper release? Was the topper still on the Star Wars in the arcade area at the factory?

#717 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

kramer.gifkramer.gif

#718 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

For those that went on the Stern tour yesterday, did anyone hear anything regarding the Star Wars topper release? Was the topper still on the Star Wars in the arcade area at the factory?

The topper was still there.

#719 4 years ago

Please help Marco find their banners. The guy in the photo took three banners from the Stern/Marco room. If anyone knows him just tell him that we would like them back. Thanks!!!

Image from iOS (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpg
    #720 4 years ago

Even though the vender hall doesn’t open until 4:00PM tonight you can still chip away at the PINQUEST missions. Just in case you didn’t hear we do have apps available in both Apple and Google play stores, just search PINQUEST. The list of available quests is in the photo. Swing by the PINQUEST booth in the vendor hall when open to claim your prize!

5D238F65-AABA-49C1-9B69-312EA6CAAF7D (resized).jpeg5D238F65-AABA-49C1-9B69-312EA6CAAF7D (resized).jpeg
    #721 4 years ago
    Quoted from frobozz:

Roger Rehman, the artist for Firefly! (Plus some angry looking guy that photobombed the picture)[quoted image]

Good to see the Pinball Ninja lurking around! : )

#722 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good shot of the lower playfield in KRULL. Not surprised these didn’t make production. Haha[quoted image]

Wow, is that the biggest lower playfield for a pin? Much bigger than black hole, etc.

#723 4 years ago

Are there any T2s there for sale?? I’m coming from Champaign and want to know if I should rent a truck. Any heads up would be greatly appreciated. Def buy you a few beers!!

#724 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jkush18:

Are there any T2s there for sale?? I’m coming from Champaign and want to know if I should rent a truck. Any heads up would be greatly appreciated. Def buy you a few beers!!

0 t2 at show that I have seen

#725 4 years ago

Will there be a tournament twitch feed sometime this weekend?

#726 4 years ago

It was needed for the lens in the middle for the playfield that reduces the image. So you make a full size playfield and then reduce the view with a lens. Kind of odd but it worked and cost way more that anticipated.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, is that the biggest lower playfield for a pin? Much bigger than black hole, etc.

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Will there be a tournament twitch feed sometime this weekend?

Yes. Iepinball starting tomorrow at 6pm. Not sure if it’s eastern or central.

#728 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It was needed for the lens in the middle for the playfield that reduces the image. So you make a full size playfield and then reduce the view with a lens. Kind of odd but it worked and cost way more that anticipated.

Yeah, I know the setup, but I just had no idea how big the actual lower playfield was without the optical trickery upstairs. At least the ball physics were right. No family guy, shrek, munsters bb shot physics.

#729 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSpice:

Please help Marco find their banners. The guy in the photo took three banners from the Stern/Marco room. If anyone knows him just tell him that we would like them back. Thanks!!![quoted image]

That sucks!!!!

#730 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSpice:

Please help Marco find their banners. The guy in the photo took three banners from the Stern/Marco room. If anyone knows him just tell him that we would like them back. Thanks!!!

So many nice people in this hobby, but there's always that 'someone' that feels entitled to take what isn't his/hers... Unbelievable.

#731 4 years ago

I finally found the retro gaming room.
    For those interested it's next to Rob's room.

#732 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing photos of the show

#733 4 years ago

Larry Demar got a special award from the team of Expo for making all 35 years

Congratulations Larry and Amy

David Fix
    Pinball Expo

IMG_20191018_135240 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_135240 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_135252 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_135252 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_135402 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_135402 (resized).jpg
    #734 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jkush18:

Yes. It’s in the pin stadium line up under the tents in the vendor hall. Had a brief look at it, think there were a few mods installed. That area is closed right now but if I recall the asking price was $3500

#735 4 years ago
    2E176C4F-1AFF-4032-9B37-E6EC55C938F4 (resized).jpeg2E176C4F-1AFF-4032-9B37-E6EC55C938F4 (resized).jpeg
    #736 4 years ago

Be great if someone could shoot a video of the new MMR...specifically the topper and RGB lighting

#737 4 years ago
    Quoted from Docpinball:

Larry Demar got a special award from the team of Expo for making all 35 years
    Congratulations Larry and Amy
    David Fix
    Pinball Expo[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He's actually wearing New Balance. What are the odds?!?

#738 4 years ago

Spears across the parking lot has 10percent off for Expo attendees.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#739 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

He's actually wearing New Balance. What are the odds?!?

Always something negative to say

#740 4 years ago

Anyone got some video of Celts?

#741 4 years ago

As a guy who will wear shoes for multiple years until they wear out I must say that while comfortable New Balance wear out pretty fast despite their high price.

#742 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

As a guy who will wear shoes for multiple years until they wear out I must say that while comfortable New Balance wear out pretty fast despite their high price.

Interesting! I was just about to post literally the opposite. I wear NB because they are one of the only shoe makers which does "wide" sizes, and I've had a couple pairs for almost 10 years now. Yes I wear them regularly

#743 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSpice:

Please help Marco find their banners. The guy in the photo took three banners from the Stern/Marco room. If anyone knows him just tell him that we would like them back. Thanks!!![quoted image]

That sucks. I have to admit though I was thinking about asking if I could buy some of those!! Great banners! Hope you get them back.

#744 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

agree, I used to only buy New Balance for years because they have a wide, but man I was buying a new pair every 3 months. Now I go brooks and they last much longer.

#745 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Anyone got some video of Celts?

SDTM did an interview showing the machine and rules. It's on their YT page.

#746 4 years ago

Do any dealers have demo model JP Pro machines for sale?

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

I have to admit though I was thinking about asking if I could buy some of those!! Great banners!

Note to self - check bbaker's hotel room for missing banners and/or other contraband....

#748 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Do any dealers have demo model JP Pro machines for sale?

Talk to Zach at Flipnout pinball

#749 4 years ago

Anyone streaming this year at Expo?

Tim

#750 4 years ago

Pat Lawler seminar on modern pinball design and engineering. Room is completely full, very interesting.

patpres.jpgpatpres.jpg
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/15?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.