Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Any way to pre-order? Would hate to miss out.

Be careful of a preorder. If you’re a tall person he might not be able to deliver on his high five.

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I imagine a Pinside party would look like:

Bangerjay in the green mankini. That is what it looks like.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

This will be my first EXPO.

Expo Virgin. Fresh Meat Fresh Meat Fresh Meat !

LTG : )

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bangerjay in the green mankini. That is what it looks like.

LTG : )

D0008C60-E3AD-426F-A6BA-EBF967F30896.gifD0008C60-E3AD-426F-A6BA-EBF967F30896.gif
    #455 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I have a question. I've never been to this show and if I come I can only come on Thursday. Can you buy a game from either a vendor or private seller and remove it Thursday night? Does anyone know?
    Thanks in advance.

Quoted from Yelobird:

No. Like most shows the games on the floor are there for the duration for others to enjoy. There is an alternate thread covering what is for sale/trade at Expo for those wanting to meet in the parking lot to do trades. So like this some don't but from years ago shows it was always crappy to see games being turned off or wheeled out on day one because the new owner Had to have it now. Hope you can make it!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to talk about this for a minute.

Vendors selling games in the vendor hall can sell what they want and let it go when they want it to. That is something you will have to work out with them.

Games in the game hall can also be purchased at any time. Staff is only able to help during certain times and the info can be found on the Pinball Expo website. There is only one side effect. If the person bringing the game sells it before the show ends their armband has to be returned when the game is removed from the show.

That said, we obviously want games to stay for the whole show if at all possible.

If there are any questions, feel free to reach out to me in email or ‪(224) 279-1545‬.

I hope this helps clarify, and appreciate your attendance. It's a blast and I hope you have a great time.

Thank you much,

Andrew Barney
    Chicago Pinball Expo

#456 4 years ago

How about someone that wants to bring a game for free play tomorrow but needs to leave first thing Sunday morning?

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about someone that wants to bring a game for free play tomorrow but needs to leave first thing Sunday morning?

Sounds great! This is actually how we would like it to be

Andrew

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Sounds great! This is actually how we would like it to be
    Andrew

Okay well now I really feel bad about not bringing a game. Haha. Maybe I still will. Is it an issue to just show up with a game around 5pm tomorrow night? Haha. Might be a last second decision for me.

#459 4 years ago

This may have been talked about already, but why is the game list so small?

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay well now I really feel bad about not bringing a game. Haha. Maybe I still will. Is it an issue to just show up with a game around 5pm tomorrow night? Haha. Might be a last second decision for me.

We will be there! Would love to see your game, and I appreciate you supporting the show! If I can help in any way, give me a call: ‪(224) 279-1545‬

Andrew

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from damonbeals:

Per the expo website Elvira is charging $40 to sign and $40 for a selfie.
    http://www.pinballexpo.com/cassandrapeterson.html
    Damon

For $80 she ought to sign a glossy color 8" x 10" and a full-color 18" x 24" poster (that she provides) *and* let you record a 1-minute video in which she says your name at least 6 times while pretending you've been good friends forever. And she should be in the complete Elvira getup while doing so.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

For $80 she ought to sign a glossy color 8" x 10" and a full-color 18" x 24" poster (that she provides) *and* let you record a 1-minute video in which she says your name at least 6 times while pretending you've been good friends forever. And she should be in the complete Elvira getup while doing so.

Sadly, this pricing is comparable to what Comic Con charges. How that price will be perceived by this audience remains to be seen.

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Andrew Barney
    Chicago Pinball Expo

Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification I think most people who come from out of town can't stay the entire time... I know I can't. I go to many tradeshows and the last day is always the most dead as a doorknob. It only makes sense to let people sell their stuff and allow it to be removed when those customers are leaving.

I feel better knowing it can be done! I was bringing a truck just in case rather than my faster Hellcat Redeye! LOL I didn't think I could get a pinball game in it but driving up there would go a lot quicker! LOL

I guess now I'll switch back to the truck! Darn! LOL

#464 4 years ago

Anyone have the link to what's for sale at Pinball Expo?

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Anyone have the link to what's for sale at Pinball Expo?

Here's the auction page:

https://www.pinballauction.com/pinball-machines

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you take requests?
    If so I've never played WWF royal rumble

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

Do you take requests?
    If so I've never played WWF royal rumble

Sorry. Dipsy doodle is the big winner. Other people gotta see this one. My buddy did a bang up job restoring it.

Normally I would though, and Im pretty sure I have the nicest original WWF on the planet.

#469 4 years ago

2 days to go.....cant wait!!!!

#470 4 years ago

Dang it, the Pinball Life open house is sold out again! I've missed it 4 years running lol.

Anyone have 2 spare tickets to the Friday open house?

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be careful of a preorder. If you’re a tall person he might not be able to deliver on his high five.

Even with a running start?

#472 4 years ago

Almost expo time!

#473 4 years ago
    1F09B060-FF21-487E-A0CD-D8E743687B25 (resized).png1F09B060-FF21-487E-A0CD-D8E743687B25 (resized).png
    #474 4 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Even with a running start?

I’m not even sure if he can jump over a deck of cards.

#475 4 years ago

FUCK YOU CHUCK IF KENTUCKY COULD AFFORD AN AIRPORT I'D MEET YA THERE YOU DICKBAG

#476 4 years ago

Oops...forgot my smiley...

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

FUCK YOU CHUCK IF KENTUCKY COULD AFFORD AN AIRPORT I'D MEET YA THERE YOU DICKBAG

Bring it. We can settle the score on this beauty at the show. It’ll be nestled up next to Gottlieb alley with Cincy league crew.

14EAEDE6-DACB-4E4A-BDA2-D4115A0A9F83 (resized).jpeg14EAEDE6-DACB-4E4A-BDA2-D4115A0A9F83 (resized).jpeg
    #479 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

When she was at TPF there was a line out the door because she genuinely spends a nice amount of time with each fan and doesn't rush them through. I'm sure those that waited and paid, appreciated it.

#480 4 years ago

Speaking of settling scores, I finally started my community service at Goodwill today....
    20191002_155948 (resized).jpg20191002_155948 (resized).jpg

#481 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh my God. Pinside party? When I close my eyes this is what I imagine a Pinside party would look like:

Here's the photograph of the luminol test the police took after the last Pinside party at the Westin. Honestly, you might want to keep your eyes closed.

crime-scene-blue-light (resized).jpgcrime-scene-blue-light (resized).jpg
    #482 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Here's the photograph of the luminol test the police took after the last Pinside party at the Westin. Honestly, you might want to keep your eyes closed.[quoted image]

But what about the Lebowski rug? It tied the room and Pinsiders together!

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

When she was at TPF there was a line out the door because she genuinely spends a nice amount of time with each fan and doesn't rush them through. I'm sure those that waited and paid, appreciated it.

I’m not saying she’s not a nice person … but @ $40 per signature/selfie, she should - and can afford - not to rush them through.

I remember the days when most celebrities used to genuinely appreciate their (respectful) fans and *not* charge them for an autograph or a quick picture, particularly when already appearing as part of a promotion. I guess not all vendors have to pay for space in the vendor hall.

#484 4 years ago

If it helps, I’ll sign autographs for only $25.......

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Andrew,
    Thanks for the clarification I think most people who come from out of town can't stay the entire time... I know I can't. I go to many tradeshows and the last day is always the most dead as a doorknob. It only makes sense to let people sell their stuff and allow it to be removed when those customers are leaving.
    I feel better knowing it can be done! I was bringing a truck just in case rather than my faster Hellcat Redeye! LOL I didn't think I could get a pinball game in it but driving up there would go a lot quicker! LOL
    I guess now I'll switch back to the truck! Darn! LOL

My Challenger SRT-8 is spending this weekend at home

See you at the show! Glad I could help. If you need anything, let me know.

Andrew

#486 4 years ago

Today is the day. IT'S EXPO!

#487 4 years ago

Loaded up and on our way!!!

#488 4 years ago

My wife and I will be traveling in today and will be down the road a piece at Pacman Entertainment (formerly level 257) in Schraumsburg around 8pm ish for pinball warm ups and drinks after the long drive. Come on over and see us if you are in the area.

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife and I will be traveling in today and will be down the road a piece at Pacman Entertainment (formerly level 257) in Schraumsburg around 8pm ish for pinball warm ups and drinks after the long drive. Come on over and see us if you are in the area.

if youre looking for dinner i highly recommend kuma's corner. heavy metal burger place, everyone is dressed up in concert gear, the bar looks like a stage, dozens of beers on tap. awesome burgers, HUGE mac and cheese bowls.

20191016_080815 (resized).jpg20191016_080815 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191016-080441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191016-080441_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #491 4 years ago

I am hitting up Kumas on the way up Thursday. Then PBL for a couple hrs. Then to the expo to do my volunteer hrs. And then it will be party time!!!
    And high fives all around! And don't worry Gryszzz we are the same height!

#492 4 years ago
    388A14B8-6254-4F26-8E18-E433B02CC0BD (resized).jpeg388A14B8-6254-4F26-8E18-E433B02CC0BD (resized).jpeg
    #493 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

[quoted image]

And...don’t forget 6 months to mgc!

#494 4 years ago

Maybe chuckwurt will get a room next to Gryszzz ...... for the full Expo experience, lol. C U all there!

#495 4 years ago

Where is everybody?!

47130969-4A8B-4DCE-ADCF-07B4BC646471 (resized).jpeg47130969-4A8B-4DCE-ADCF-07B4BC646471 (resized).jpeg
    #496 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Where is everybody?![quoted image]

Im down here loading up your shit bangerjay , instead of you hanging out in an empty room, how about coming down to me to help me

#497 4 years ago

You didn’t look like you needed help

Quoted from Tilt:

Im down here loading up your shit bangerjay , instead of you hanging out in an empty room, how about coming down to me to help me

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

that really is ugly carpet...

#499 4 years ago

Top Score Gamerooms is on our way!

20191016_085605 (resized).jpg20191016_085605 (resized).jpg20191016_085613 (resized).jpg20191016_085613 (resized).jpgIMG_24801 (resized).jpgIMG_24801 (resized).jpg
    #500 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

You need to start the "Official Expo 2019 Photos Thread"
    so we can keep track of all that Expo action ...

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/10?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.