Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,254 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191019_164048 (resized).jpg
    20180414_000905 (resized).jpg
    20191029_170103 (resized).jpg
    hodown2 (resized).jpg
    a15d345 (resized).jpg
    tony2 (resized).jpg
    D87C08F2-D08C-47B5-A8A2-EB60699D9479 (resized).jpeg
    20191019_134053 (resized).jpg
    virgil_vigil.jpg
    coin (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.
    #1 4 years ago

let talk about it. its getting close. its August 1st and its closer then you think. Lets talk everything EXPO right here. The good, The bad, and The Ugly. post any thing for sale? Transportation? Air fair? After parties? What country or state you coming from? Only 75 days away

contentcom.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.CommonContentProviderassist.com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.assist.screcontentcom.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.CommonContentProviderassist.com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.assist.scre
    #2 4 years ago

We gonna do another jdrf fundraiser at superdawg again? Hope so, nothin like stuffn Chicago dogs and helpn kids out at the same time. Whatever I can do count me in.

#3 4 years ago

Chomping at the bit... can't wait to get back to Expo. Good times.

#4 4 years ago

Expo isn't even on the events page yet, and this thread had to be started by someone outside of the organizers.

#5 4 years ago

Anyone know why there isn’t an official thread yet? Seems different than last year...

#6 4 years ago

I honestly dont remember there ever being a official thread by one of the organizers. lol . i just started it because its the next time i have days off and im always excited for expo. who"s ready to go?

#7 4 years ago

Got my hotel a couple weeks ago. This will be my first expo. Can’t wait for Trent’s tournament!

#8 4 years ago

I booked hotel room as well.

Last years Expo thread was started by a participating member/organizer of Expo- Rob Craig.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il

#9 4 years ago

oh i suppose you are right. I was thinking Rob berk or mike Pacak. but with mike gone and rob berk has more hands on deck now. so your right. I thought Rob Craig was just in charge of the free play hall and he did a excellent job with last year.

#10 4 years ago

I'll be there this year. Last year was a breath of fresh air and I'm anxious to see it get even better!! I'll probably have at least one game in the freeplay room as well.

#11 4 years ago

LTG : ) Seminar is looking like Friday night after the fireside chat. PINBALL PARTS is back. As well as door prizes. Anybody wanting to contribute to either category is welcome.

Thinking on mugs now.

LTG : )

#12 4 years ago
    2019-expo_banner (resized).jpg2019-expo_banner (resized).jpgletter (resized).jpgletter (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #13 4 years ago

Expo is fast approaching and we are gearing up for it. I wanted to let everyone know that we will be selling Pinshakers shaker motors for BW games and we may have some for stern (whitestar!) and de/Sega games. These are plug and play and fully customizable shakers that don't draw power from your game. By setting dip switches, you control what solenoids or flashers activate it; you can also control the intensity of shake with the turn of a dial.

If you would like one, please contact me as we can only bring motors that are pre-sold. Also, I'll go one step further and say that if you bring a game to the show and buy a shaker motor, I'll install it free. The motors are $199 and you avoid the shipping charge. Please contact me if you would like one. I put one in my WH20 and it's quite a nice experience.

#14 4 years ago

this guy is going to be there.

FB_IMG_1565580144158 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1565580144158 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago

Is anyone aware of a buy/sell/trade thread or spreadsheet yet?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

We gonna do another jdrf fundraiser at superdawg again? Hope so, nothin like stuffn Chicago dogs and helpn kids out at the same time. Whatever I can do count me in.

Yes, there will be!!

#18 4 years ago

Interesting... Twin Peaks always had spotty service, imo.
    Although their pot roast dinner was great.

#19 4 years ago

Indeed.

#20 4 years ago

Food at Twin Peaks was great, sad to see it go.

#21 4 years ago

The demise of Heighway Pinball and its ripple effect..... The Stern distributor parties weren't enough to keep the place afloat.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

Interesting... Twin Peaks always had spotty service, imo.
    Although their pot roast dinner was great.

yea, service sucked

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

yea, service sucked

Of all the times I have gone with a group , one time it took dam near an hour to get food...

#25 4 years ago

Ill be there, as always for the last 15 years. Ill be helping Andrew in the Freeplay hall (still looking for more volunteers). I possible will have a booth as well in the vendor hall, waiting to hear back on that.

Ill have a half dozen games there in the freeplay room and for sale

#26 4 years ago

If anyone is looking to pickup an escalera, I talked with Zach at Flip 'n Out a couple weeks ago about the possibility of running a show deal similar to what Larry used to offer. He was open to it and would offer free shipping with pickup at Expo. If interested, drop him a line: [email protected]

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Of all the times I have gone with a group , one time it took dam near an hour to get food...

That's on purpose; there are orders to sell at least two drinks per customer.

#28 4 years ago

The other expensive burger bar in front of the hotel will be packed this year. Hopefully there will be a new restaurant up and running where Twin Peaks was or within walking distance. It was very convenient for a place to take a break and not extremely expensive (but yes … took a very long time for food). Hopefully locals can advise for walking distance places.

#29 4 years ago

No twin peaks! thats a blow to expo. love the JJ game exchange parties there

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Now word is out on the street. Flyers will be available on-site as well as to download. Everything they sell will get the 20%, including merchandise and beer!

SD_Flyer (resized).jpgSD_Flyer (resized).jpg
    #31 4 years ago

A certain well-known company in the pinball world is practically begging me to attend this event after my interactions with them during the Midwest Gaming Classic.

There is a greater-than-zero chance I will be attending the Expo, and bringing Undertale for all to enjoy.

#32 4 years ago

60 days til expo!

Screenshot_20190817-105039 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190817-105039 (resized).png
    #33 4 years ago

So little time to start saving up the shekels. We’ll be there!

#34 4 years ago

Any word about ExpoBrawl returning this year?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Any word about ExpoBrawl returning this year?

It's probably like last year where they'll tell you to figure it out yourself.

#36 4 years ago

Should we start a list of who is bringing what machines?

#37 4 years ago

Has BERK officially banned Mike again this year?

#38 4 years ago

Unfortunately I think so...

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Has BERK officially banned Mike again this year?

A shame. 35th Anniversary and all. I'd like to see Mike inside the door on the right with all his stuff.

LTG : )

#40 4 years ago

Yes BERK has banned me..Makes no sense at all. I would appreciate some of you bugging him to allow me to come see my friends from all over the world of 35 years. Its like a class or family reunion. Please call him or email him and help .. Thanks mike pacak hope to see you all there.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Yes BERK has banned me..Makes no sense at all. I would appreciate some of you bugging him to allow me to come see my friends from all over the world of 35 years. Its like a class or family reunion. Please call him or email him and help .. Thanks mike pacak hope to see you all there.

Woo hoo, another nice expo then. There's nothing stopping you from going to the hotel and even getting a room, you just can't go in the show itself, which is a good thing.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

No, it makes perfect sense. Do you now, understand the level of frustration you have wanting to get back to your expo? This level of frustration, is exactly how you treated people trying to help you with the expo or who tried to bring games. You reap what you sow.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Should we start a list of who is bringing what machines?

A buy sell trade forum and a list were started here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-chicago-pinball-expo-for-sale-wtb-thread

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Now word is out on the street. Flyers will be available on-site as well as to download. Everything they sell will get the 20%, including merchandise and beer![quoted image]

The Superdawg branded beer is from Lake Effect Brewing Company.

superbier (resized).jpgsuperbier (resized).jpg
    #46 4 years ago

Any other tournaments happening before or after Expo? Nothing on the IFPA calendar yet.

#47 4 years ago

I am able to provide show prices on Chicago Gaming Show games. $500 off of the regular price. I will be having my own booth to display these in. To receive the discount, the game will have to stay in the booth till the end of the show. But at 11pm Saturday night, as long as expo staff does not kick us out, you will be able to remove your game since they are not open Sunday this year

Attack from Mars Classic 5500
    Attack From Mars Special Edition 6800
    Monster Bash Classic 5500
    Monster Bash Special Edition 6800

I am more than happy to take trade ins on show games as well. Message me if you have any questions.

afm-ce-machine-lg (resized).jpgafm-ce-machine-lg (resized).jpgmb-ce-machine-lg (resized).jpgmb-ce-machine-lg (resized).jpgafm-se-machine-lg (resized).jpgafm-se-machine-lg (resized).jpgmb-se-machine-lg (resized).jpgmb-se-machine-lg (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago

see you at expo!

#49 4 years ago
    PinballExpoSchEvents2019.pdfPinballExpoSchEvents2019.pdf
    #50 4 years ago

tickets for the pinball Life event go on sale on 9/13. Friday the 13th.

There are 1,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.