1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,123 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 102 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190806_193345 (resized).jpg
20190806_193106 (resized).jpg
20190719_131421 (resized).jpg
mt (resized).jpg
20190613_114525 (resized).jpg
62418531_2748753875199907_1114731703382835200_n[1] (resized).jpg
2A5F3415-F2B7-418D-9EFD-6AA489F3D307 (resized).jpeg
20190613_192134 (resized).jpg
20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thehuemanatee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

I've been waiting for this thread to start!!

Got my yahoo fantasy keeper league draft tomorrow night with ribs and beer ready to go!

My sens are going to be abysmal this year. Maybe I'll bet against them for 82 games and make some money.

#12 1 year ago

Tickets to a sens game in Arizona should only cost you 6$ USD and you can get a hot dog and beer included with the price!

#15 1 year ago

Picks for the finals

Sharks and Lightning.

Hopefully my predictions fare better than last year lol

#27 1 year ago

Boston's getting spanked on opening night!!

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Let's go Blues!!
It really stinks to be a hockey fan in WI. The NHL package is expensive, and blocks any "in-market" games (that I frustratingly can't even watch!).

Batmanstream.net

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Fleury has been yanked before,
and he'll get yanked again.
Now that I think about it, I wonder who holds the record for most "yanks" in a career? Do they even keep track? Interesting thought.

Not sure which goalie has been pulled the most in their NHL career......but Andre "Red light" Racicot comes to mind.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Thought his name was Andre? Anyway, kudos to Haminic for sticking up for a rookie on your team (Dube) of the Flames that took a borderline hit from Gudbrunson (canucks) on Wednesday nite..he broke his jaw after fighting a bigger man in Guds..I can respect a player for always backing up a teammate

Yes....andre is correct. Thanks for the correction

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Tavares and Matthews have been red hot to start the year! I'm not a leafs fan, but I have a few of them in my fantasy hockey pools, so they are exciting to follow.
I feel Morgan Rielly is being a bit overlooked though, as he's never usually mentioned along with Tavares and Mathews. Rielly has 10 points in 4 games, with quite a few being power play points. I feel like he's set for a monster year too.

I bet you William Nylander isn't pleased with the Leafs hot start, lol

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Lucky!! A special dynasty.
Gretzky unfortunately loved to play at maple leaf gardens.

I remember seeing Gretzky get robbed by Peter Ing during a penalty shot at Maple Leaf Gardens.

#55 1 year ago

What is going on with the San Jose Sharks?

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Going to the Devils game tomorrow. So you'll may want to place a bet on the Avs.

You sure called that one

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Get back in a fantasy league has made me follow much more games around besides my Pens

That's what I love about hockey pools!! My yahoo keeper league pool is a ton of fun and we regularly trash talk each other.

My team name: In The Fast Laine

#73 1 year ago

We have a trash talk text message for us on our phones it stacks up with a ton of nonsense

I'm assuming you use yahoo as well?

The only reason I ditched my flip phone for a smart phone was for the fantasy hockey pool, lol

#75 1 year ago

Crosby undressed the Oilers in OT last night

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Let's see how jets react to loss at ...now the Scotia bank whatever..I really miss maple leaf gardens..now a supermarket. A reminder I treasure the days I used to hawk souveniers at maple leaf gardens. Been through alot of pain.

Maple leaf gardens is now a supermarket?!?!? What the heck!!

1 week later
#99 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

So found myself flipping to the flames/Av’s game last nite..Av’s up 4-1 after 2 periods..the boys from cow town came back w 5 straight!! Wtf...not a fan of either team, but to score 5 in the 3rd? Damn...

She was a barn burner after the 1st period that's for sure!!

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

She was a barn burner after the 1st period that's for sure!!

Another high scoring game with Colorado/Vancouver tonight

- 7 goals in the second period
- 4 goals in the third period

Don't step away from the TV too long to grab a beer!

6-6 going into OT

#101 1 year ago

Sabres beat Ottawa 9-2 this afternoon. You can't argue scoring isn't up in the NHL!

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Or goaltending is down?

Well I know there have been some goalies complaining about some of the equipment changes they have had to endure.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/impact-smaller-nhl-goalie-equipment-scoring/

Smaller goalie equipment may help with the high scoring. Combine that with bad goaltending, which we've seen.....and it's no wonder the goals are up!

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

5 SENS players sharing an uber ride didn't realize they were being recorded as they were trashing the coaching staff.
More troubles in Ottawa.

Video is in the link.

Great ad for Uber BTW, lol.

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Off the Bahamas then consider options..good fit in Detroit

Maybe Ottawa, lol

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have to hook up for a sens/leafs game hue
What are leaf tickets in ottawa these days?
Been twice see bruins and leafs but years ago..

I would be game for that bacon....but I'm in Edmonton.

If you're ever out my way, let me know! We could take in an Oilers game and you could tell me more stories about your Truman life existence

1 week later
#121 1 year ago

Sure is quiet in here...

#131 1 year ago

Nylander to Carolina for Dougie Hamilton?

#133 1 year ago

Matt Hoffman's point streak continues in Florida.

His wife being a cyber bully to Erik Karlsson's wife in Ottawa was the best thing to happen to his career! Lol

#136 1 year ago

This drunk Habs fan became a viral hit on hockey night in Canada, lol

Thomas....Tataaaaaaaaar!

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hitchcock to Edmonton ..ok mixup the lines
Still need the players

I've always liked Hitchcock. He's got sharp elbows

#141 1 year ago

Rockin' the old baby blue sports jackets on HNIC

IMG_20181124_170404.jpg
#145 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

...must've been a boy...

It was 'Hockey fights cancer' night and all the old school sports jackets worn we're auctioned for charity.

#148 1 year ago

Laine with 5 goals last night. That's 3 hat tricks for the month of November. Like a boss!!

IMG_20181125_170439.jpg
#150 1 year ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Spectacular!
A lot of players
don't get 5 in a month.

And by scoring 5 goals he made some dude in Manitoba a millionaire!! (50K a year for 20 years)

https://www.bardown.com/patrik-laine-made-a-jets-fan-a-millionaire-by-completing-jets-5-goal-challenge-1.1215522

#154 1 year ago

Nick Kypreos had a good take on the Flyer's and how their hockey culture has changed. I think he made some good points.

#162 1 year ago

Hellebuyck (WPG) and Jones (SJ) need to step up their game!!

#164 1 year ago

Hey Bacon, your boy Leivo for traded to the Canucks!

It's all Nylander fault lol

#173 1 year ago

Leivo just scored a goal for the Couv!!!

I think he will do better in Vancouver

#174 1 year ago

Looks like the Calgary vs Columbus game had 5 field goals lol

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

I hated when Dallas had to play in the Pacific. Those 9:30 Central start times were the worst.

I used to live in Atlantic Canada and they we're an hour behind Eastern time. The 7:30pm west coast games would only start at 11:30pm AST!! They would wrap up around 2am

#179 1 year ago

Fucking karma strikes Tom Wilson!!

Thank you Ryan Reaves!

** The League just announced there will be no discipline for the hit

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

the announcer saying it was blind side hit ..... he's partially right .... it was a hit to his side!

Wilson admiring his pass. Shoulder to shoulder....clean hit.

I don't take pleasure in guys getting hurt.....but it's nice to see a cheap shot artist get put in his place.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Body shot putting him down like that?.

I think his head hitting the ice is what put him down. Wilson will make sure his chin strap is tightened next game.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sidney meets Starporter Randy!!
[quoted image]

Of course Randy had to take his shirt off, LOL

bubbles.jpg
#187 1 year ago

Tim & Sid on the Reaves/Wilson hit, lol

1 week later
#190 1 year ago

Haksol fired in Philly!

I say replace him with Gritty! It couldn't get any worse could it?

images.jpg
#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

They reported Quinville getting hired yesterday but "unconfirmed". Today they say the deal isn't done cause he's skiing. /shrug

Screenshot_20181217-125706.png
#193 1 year ago

You know things are bad in Chicago when the fans and team mascot throw down!

Pretty fowl thing to do by the fan, lol

1 week later
#199 1 year ago

Gritty wishes everyone merry Christmas!!

IMG_20181225_204223.jpg
#201 1 year ago

Looks like things in Dallas are getting heated between the Stars CEO and Benn/Seguin. Airing some dirty laundry like this in public won't bode well.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4800937/dallas-stars-jim-lites-jamie-benn-tyler-seguin/

Let the trade talks begin!!

#207 1 year ago

The All Star competition used to be fun and interesting to watch. Now it sucks

The all star game has always sucked.

The only All Star weekend I watched in the last 10+ years was when John Scott was selected. (I just wanted to see the disgusted look on Gary Bettman's stupid face)

#208 1 year ago

Ovechkin is skipping the all Star game and will serve a one game suspension for it. I know it's probably to take a break with his family and rest....but it's a nice slap in the face to the NHL.

#209 1 year ago

The best thing about the Flyer's this year is Gritty!

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1082453698696097792?s=09

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m hoping that my young stud rookie Elias Pattersson is healthy enough to make it. Some of these ‘fans’ in the Couve are pissed w the bs non call and what these refs are doing/not doing to protect these stars..he got tangled up w Kotkaniemi of the habs and fell awkwardly: mild sprain to his knee. It happens, but to want blood and wish bad things on Kotkaniemi..c’mon, really? It’d be cool to see another nuck win mvp 2 years in a row. Boeser is pretty good, and showed everyone last year at Tampa..

Yea that was nothing but a fluke accident. Kotkanniemi even skated over to check on Petterson after the fact.

Big news of the night....

Lucic finally scored a goal in North America this season!!

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Now I keep reading that the Flyers are shopping Wayne Simmonds around =(
That'd probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

That's why I grabbed him in my hockey pool.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I wounldnt mind having Simmonds on the Penguins!

Doubt that'll happen since they are division rivals.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Lucic with 2 last night! Possible All Star candidate

1.5 million a goal this season

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Can anyone stop Tampa?
Jake Gardiner lustfuly benched and booed all period. The latest Larry Murphy who will Win 2 cups somewhere else. Nylander is next..1 goal in 19 games. I felt embarrassed for Jake.

Nylander deserves the boos.

Leaf nation loves to scapegoat. Ask kessel and phaneuf

#240 1 year ago

Fun fact: William Nylander and Jaroslav Halak have the same amount of points this season.

#244 12 months ago

Oilers GM is blowing things up before getting canned.

He signed Koskinen to 4.5 mil annually and bought out Spooner (who they just traded for just over a month ago).

Oiler fans in the city are losing their minds!!!

#248 12 months ago

correction: Spooner was placed on waivers. So was Rattie

#250 12 months ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Spooner I get, but why Rattie?

I don't get Spooner because they traded for him. Why did they even bother make the trade?

What a....

giphy.gif
#251 12 months ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Spooner I get, but why Rattie?

Rattie I think got waivered because he didn't perform like he did with McDavid in the pre-season.

#255 12 months ago
Quoted from Spinape:

This should have happened a long time ago! I would hope no other team hires that man

I still have no clue how a GM that was going to be fired was allowed to sign a rookie goalie to 4.5 AAV.

For context....this is what the Oilers roster looked like 3 years ago.

57440993132_800585_o-1.png
#256 12 months ago

Peter Chiarelli's Wikipedia page is now "protected" to "prevent vandalism" to it. LOL
Screenshot_20190123-084047.png

#261 12 months ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I think Keith Gretzky is taking a temp position of GM, but they need someone good!

Nothing will change until the likes of Nicholson, Gretzky(s), Lowe, McTavish etc....are gone.

Enough of these glory day hanger arounders!! Clean friggin' house Darryl Katz!!!

1 week later
#270 11 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What a great night of hockey! The Couv rolled over the Avs on CBC’s second game. Hope Vancouver makes the playoffs

They just might....? I guess Edler won't be trade bait after all

#272 11 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Edler has said many times that he luvs the Couv..but will he waive his NTC? The boys played well in Denver last nite..part of me would like to see the boys make the playoffs, but they won’t do shit..another good draft pick is what this club needs

I thought I recall hearing rumblings earlier on that they wouldn't object to using him as trade bait for a team looking for a rental and then Edler would return to Vancouver for next season.

But what's more important right now? Making the playoffs or building for the future?

I tend to agree with you hwyhed. Trade him to a contender, get some picks and then get him back next season.

#275 11 months ago

I don't know what's worse....

a) Edmonton being 3 points out of a playoff spot

b) Edmonton being 3 points away from being in last place

The Western conference is a dumpster fire

#278 11 months ago

Lol...add a letter with your grievances guys!! I'm sure we can make it to Z in no time

#282 11 months ago

Leafs vs Habs tonite Bacon!!!

#283 11 months ago

I can't stand Pierre McGuire. That is all...

1 week later
#286 11 months ago

Hurricanes post game celebrations. Wow....this garbage is cringe worthy.

#290 11 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

What are they celebrating? Just being outside of the playoffs..or that they still have a franchise in Raleigh?! Still waiting to see what happens on the trade deadline upcoming..who’s gonna be sellers/buyers..

I really hope they make the playoffs. I'd love to see Brad Marchand (or other pest) pull a similar styled celebration during a 1st round matchup with the Hurricanes in their own barn.

#293 11 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Naw, fuck that big nosed piece of garbage

Oh he's a goof....dont get me wrong. But he would be the type to do something like that.

Does everyone forget Lindholm mocking the Carolina fans after Calgary beat them?

This shit will carry into the playoffs and blow up in Carolina's face. Hockey God's never forget

#296 11 months ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I hear ya Hue and hope that the mocking by Lindholm does not come back to haunt the flames....

He was being booed by the fans all night everytime he touched the puck. (He played for the Canes last year)

I think him celebrating after the win was just to rub salt into the wound of the fans and show them their celebrations are ridiculous. And I don't blame him one bit!

#298 11 months ago
#317 11 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Saturday night habs vs leafs...disaster for leafs in first period down 3 -0

I blame Jay Bachurel

#324 11 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No way Carey price loses this game. ..it's over

3-3 Bacon!!

Lucky bounce off the boards for the Leafs

#327 11 months ago

Edit: posted an innacurate stat

#329 11 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pens didn’t win....

Yup....over tired and lacking sleep this week. Musta got home and away mixed up across the board.

Pens shoulda won that one...ouch

#339 11 months ago

Dallas trade their 2nd and 3rd for Zuccarello.

First game he plays for them he breaks his arm. Out 4-6 weeks

#343 11 months ago

The twitterverse is speculating the Senators are holding things up by asking too much for Stone.

I think that's why the Jets grabbed Hayes. They gave up on a deal with the Sens

#344 11 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'm pretty shocked at the Nyquiest deal. I'm also hoping Mark Stone fills the void a team wants for Simmonds, so he can stay a Flyer. I met him at a Flyer's charity even and he was awesome.

Rumour is Flyer's want a first rounder for simmonds. Teams losing interest....

#347 11 months ago

Stone to Vegas. Waiting for NHL approval

#349 11 months ago

Simmonds to Nashville!

#351 11 months ago

edit: Johanssen to Boston!

Hartman and 2020 4th rounder for Simmonds. (Turns into a 3rd if Nashville makes it past the first round of the playoffs)

#359 11 months ago

I think you meant Marcus Johansson from New Jersey to Boston for a 2nd and 4th. Johanssen would’ve been rad but no way Nashville parts with him. Johansson should provide nice wing depth for Boston at a reasonable price.

I sure am off this week.

Thanks for the correction

#360 11 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trade draft champion? Nashville?

Vegas for getting Stone.

#372 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

rather they had signed Jagr.

I'm surprised Columbus didn't sign him. They signed everyone else! lol

#375 10 months ago

Tort's seems to be in a good mood lately...

#378 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Classy move islanders booing , swearing and throwing jerseys at Tavares last night. Although the "put your pajamas on" was pretty
Funny. Better atmosphere in the old barn not Brooklyn.

Stay classy Islanders fans

#380 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More bad news in ottawa...new arena spot kiboshed and just fired guy Boucher this after pierre dorion talking out the other side of his mouth last week. Sounds like decision came from Eugene melnyk. Marc crawford announced as replacent...for now according to Dorion...but could be permanent. Nice thing to say and what top notch coach would want to go to ottawa ? Low times for hockey in this nation's capital

Ottawa won't have an NHL team in 5 years time from now. They'll relocate.

#385 10 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

They can move to Seattle and take up the SuperSonics moniker.

Seattle has already been officially announced as an "expansion" team with its own group of owners.

Ottawa will relocate...mark my words. To where is the billion dollar question.

#388 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Rabid fans In woodbridge vaughan

GTA expansion will never happen. MLS won't allow competition so close to home. Heck.....even Hamilton is deemed "too close" for MLS.

The fans are rabid though....ill give you that

#391 10 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Why there isn’t a team in Quebec, I dunno..yet there’s still teams in untraditional markets w shitty attendance #’s..Florida and Phoenix err Glendale.

Quebec city would make a lot of sense. They have a gorgeous barn that only has a junior team playing out of it. My friend was there last week for a hockey tournament for his kids. They had 8,000 - 10,000 people show up to watch peewee kids play.

55798969503_1879fd_o.jpg58640479562_4cda2d_o.jpg
#393 10 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I didnt know the Seattle thing was finalized, honestly hadnt been paying attention.
Yay all 4 divisions will have 8 teams!

Yea....Jerry Bruckheimer is one of the owners. Expect lots of explosions and CGI effects in between whistles. Lol

#396 10 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

as long as it isnt Michael Bay

Arrrghhh I keep getting the two mixed up. Lol

#398 10 months ago

It's -35 with the wind chill....thankfully there's hockey on from 11am-11pm

#399 10 months ago

If Columbus is making a playoff push.....than they are doing it wrong!

Screenshot_20190302-122950.png

#400 10 months ago

CBC's Kyle Bukauskas looks like Alfred P. Neuman.

Screenshot_20190302-164533.pngimages(4).jpg
#401 10 months ago

Lol, is that his stripper name?

58690516062_59fd0d_o-1.jpg

#405 10 months ago

Now it's Sergio? And hes in the press box? Poor Sergio Boobtitsky gets no respect, lol

https://twitter.com/JayAndDan/status/1103919588394201089?s=09

#410 10 months ago

Carolina should start selling these T-shirt's after last night's performance!

da52f4ec6f5bf8832740ee4fbb769f10.jpg
#412 10 months ago

What was Tortella thinking?

Not sure! But Tort's in on another level when it comes to coaching. I'm sure it's all part of his diabolical plan to motivate his team to get into the playoffs.

Carolina might have the toughest remaining schedule....

Let's see if they can "surge" their way into the playoffs.

#414 10 months ago

Arizona is making a solid push for the playoffs. Not bad considering they are a pretty banged up team right now.

#420 10 months ago

Not sure! But Tort's in on another level when it comes to coaching. I'm sure it's all part of his diabolical plan to motivate his team to get into the playoffs.

Tort's was playing mind games with Boston last night. Giving them an uncalled power play and subsequent power play goal out of the goodness of his heart. lol

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2019/03/12/blue-jackets-gaffe-missing-player-bruins-goal/3147030002/

#423 10 months ago

Andersen has pretty much single handedly killed my fantasy playoffs. Pulled in two games in a row now. Doesn’t help that I also lost letang, Pasternak and tarasenko to injuries as well.

A guy in my fantasy pool is freaking out. He also owns Letang/Tarasenko/Anderson/Bfyuglien.

Bad week for plenty of fantasy owners.

#426 10 months ago

Letang blows
[quoted image]

They should just make him a forward and get a defenseman that can play actual defense.

#445 10 months ago

Don Cherry celebrating St. Patrick's day on HNIC. Ron with that look on his face, lol

IMG_20190316_1757193.jpg

#451 10 months ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Winding down boys. Games getting more important as the intensity is ramping UP!
Here we go!

4 seconds left....wow!!

#454 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Watched the Oilers/Knights game..... Oilers gave up 6 goals with 3 of them being a result of turnovers and 2 odd man breaks...... they just shoot themselves in the foot. It's like watching the Penguins!

At the end of the season most teams are battling hard to get that playoff spot.

At the end of the season the Oilers battle hard to get that #1 draft pick.

#457 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

This is what the Penguins did in the early 2000s hence they got Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, (gulp) LeTank. It worked out well for the Pens (3 Cups). So hang in there as the Oilers are a few #1s away!

The same formula doesn't seem to be working for the Oilers whatsoever!!

List of recent first rounds picks...

Taylor Hall (2010) *traded for nothing
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011)
Nail Yakupov (2012) *traded for nothing. Now in KHL
Connor McDavid (2015)

Doesn't really faze me as I am not an Oilers fan. Just a guy who enjoys watching the "good ol' boys club" in Oiler management fail over and over. It's almost poetic!

#461 10 months ago

Malkin is out and listed week-to-week.

#467 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A chance babs will be toast if the Leafs whimper out of the playoffs. I'm told the players don't like him but he's won cups and so has tortz and Kernan, probably the hardest of all asses

It's because Babcock doesn't coddle his millennial players. I can see some clashing between him and Dubbas behind the scenes. Not all is right is Toronto and the facade is slowly beginning to melt away. In a few years it's going to look like the 2000's all over again.

Quoted from meSz:

As for the Oilers ..... I feel the Office is their issue. They let some good talent go for little in return. I retract my statement for them

That's exactly it!

Nicholson stated at the ticket season holders meeting two days that getting a top 2 defenceman is a priority. One of the season ticket holders quipped "that's what trading Taylor Hall should have got us." lol

#470 10 months ago

Did you guys hear about the press conference oilers ceo bob Nicholson had? He basically said that the reason they missed the playoffs was Toby reider. He actually said that if reider has scored 10-12 goals, they’d have made the playoffs.
So not only did they throw a third liner under the bus for the whole season, they basically said they’re not worried about changing anything for next year. Minus reider of course

tenor.gif
#471 10 months ago

lol....perfect placement!
58898565542_1c2a8d_b.jpg

2 weeks later
#494 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hue setup the hockey pool again?
Unclaimed prize from last year! [quoted image]

I finished 1st in my pool for the regular season.

Pavelski, karlsson and fleury injuries have crippled me for the playoffs and I'm duking it out for a 3rd place finish now. Doesn't look good as I'll most likely end up being the bubble boy finishing in 4th place and outta the money

Oh thehuemanatee!!

#499 9 months ago

It's friday!!

Found some Canadians from the NWT here and were taking over the sports bar tomorrow for the Leafs game

IMG_20190405_1534301.jpg
#521 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Where’s hue??..Prob still drunk and on a floaty in the pool!

I'm here....barely. Will come back to life for the playoffs tomorrow.

#527 9 months ago

Calgary in 5
Winnipeg in 5
Dallas in 7
San Jose in 6
Tampa in 4
Toronto in 6
Carolina in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

#547 9 months ago

So.... that Tampa team.... not exactly the start most of us predicted for them....

I still think they'll win the series.

#550 9 months ago

This guy's youtube channel is gold!

#556 9 months ago

Nylander....what the heck was that?

#558 9 months ago

10am (MST) playoff game today. Brought to you by Gary Bettman. What a moron!

#578 9 months ago

Columbus up 2-0 in the first period. Pierre McGuire is yelling like a madman.

#579 9 months ago

The crowd in Columbus are chanting "CBJ!"

At least chant a players name or something creative, lol

#580 9 months ago

Congrats to Columbus for sweeping the Tampa Bay Lightning!!

So many playoff brackets are now busted!!

#586 9 months ago

#589 9 months ago

The perennial playoff losers

#591 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

I can hear the Jaws music playing as I read your post!
Canes out to quick lead!

Schvenikov or whatever his name getting TKO'd was the best thing to happen to the Canes this series. It woke them up!!

#598 9 months ago

Ugh Winnipeg. Story of their season....blowing leads left and right.

#602 9 months ago

The NHL's regular season is a lie.

#606 9 months ago

#608 9 months ago

Is today the day bacon?!? Could it be?

#612 9 months ago

#614 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Where is Marner?.

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

#617 9 months ago

#621 9 months ago

It's kinda funny that John Tavares flees the Islanders for the Leafs in order to play for his childhood team and try to win a cup.

Only for the Islanders to advance to round 2 of the playoffs the following year while the Leafs get bounced in the first round.

#622 9 months ago

Sharks tied in on 5 min major after being down by 3 with ten mins left oh no

4-3 sharks now! WOW!

4 goals in 4 minutes!!

#625 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Islanders aren’t going any further.

This game is unreal.

All tied up. Insanity!!

#636 9 months ago

I'm looking forward to UrinatingTree's youtube video on the Leafs losing game 7, lol. Should be epic.

#640 9 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That was the WORST very very very WORST thing I've ever seen in Hockey. A five minute major for a stick check because one of the Shark players told the ref he got hit in the face. NO WAY! Vegas totally got robbed.

If that's the worst thing you've seen in hockey than you haven't watched much hockey, lol

#643 9 months ago

Anyone want to take bets on where the leafs go from here now? I think its safe to say that Kadri and Gardiner are gone, and probably one or two other guys due to the pending cap crunch. I think Babcock is still safe (for now), but only due to his overall career accomplishments. He really seemed to have trouble making proper matchups to the bruins lines.

They have handicapped themselves cap-wise with the contracts given out by Dubbas. And that's not even counting Marner getting signed to big bucks in the off-season.

I said it a few months ago in an earlier post but this year was their shot. The window is now closed until the huge contracts get moved elsewhere.

I think Babcock and Dubbas don't see eye to eye and Babcock will be shown the door after next year when they get eliminated in the first round again. Once Babcock gets shown the door the whole thing will unravel.

#651 9 months ago

It's finally here, lol!

#652 9 months ago

"It's called playoff hockey, it's full of bullshit at every turn!"

Man I love his YouTube videos. He's antagonisingally unapologetic!

#655 9 months ago

Calgary in 5
Winnipeg in 5
Dallas in 7
San Jose in 6
Tampa in 4
Toronto in 6
Carolina in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

Well I got 3/8 series correct. Not bad considering all the upsets in this insane first round.

#659 9 months ago

Round 2 picks...

NY Islanders in 6
Boston Bruins in 6
San Jose Sharks in 6
St. Louis Blues in 6

#696 9 months ago

#726 8 months ago

Damn Hurricanes!

#739 8 months ago

Can't win if you don't score....no matter how well your goalie plays (Lehner).

Fuck me the Hurricanes better not win the cup...

#742 8 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You aren't still upset about 2006 are you?

No, it's that surge b.s.

#758 8 months ago

Now I have to root for Boston next round? What kind of bizarro NHL playoffs is this?

#764 8 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Blues/Stars game pretty good tonight!

Still tied up after the 1st OT period.

Shots are 53 to 26 in favor of St. Louis. And that's considering Dallas blocking almost 30 shots!!

#780 8 months ago

Round 2 picks...
NY Islanders in 6
Boston Bruins in 6
San Jose Sharks in 6
St. Louis Blues in 6

3/4 ain't bad for round two.

Round three...
San Jose in 6
Boston in 5

#784 8 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Canes are my Dark Horse hopeful.

Time to send that horse to the glue factory!!

#785 8 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

I’m taking the Blues. Would like to see the Canes upset Boston but not sure they can pull it off.

I like the Blues team and hope they win but have a feeling San Jose will beat them and win the cup. All because Ron Burgundy made fun of them this year.

https://twitter.com/HockeyWebCast/status/1109148758690926592

#787 8 months ago

#794 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just me.. but is sid annoying as crap? Little too dramatic bud.

I think Sid is just playing the devils advocate/antagonist for every discussion and it's purely for ratings. I know it's his thing....so I don't take him too seriously.

#795 8 months ago

Islanders sweep the Pens in round 1
Islanders get swept by the Hurricanes in round 2
Will the Hurricanes get swept by the Bruins in round 3? I hope so

#804 8 months ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

Complete bull$hit non-call! (again)

Can't argue with that. These playoffs have been the worst officiated NHL playoffs I have EVER seen.

#808 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

3 million people saw the hand pass except the refs. I agree Mesz..here come the Joe Thornton violin

hqdefault.jpg
#810 8 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Wow tonight’s game was crap!
A lot of empty seats ... guess the promotion for a ticket, hot dog n soda for 30$ couldn’t get people in

They aren't hockey fans or hurricane fans....they are "johnny come lately" fans that like bandwagon winning.

All that surge nonsense is a joke and their "fanbase" proved that tonite. #karma

#813 8 months ago

Islanders sweep the Pens in round 1
Islanders get swept by the Hurricanes in round 2
Will the Hurricanes get swept by the Bruins in round 3? I hope so

Quoted from Malenko:

That would have to be a first in NHL history I think

Now we just need Boston to get swept in the finals

#815 8 months ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

For the Blues , it would be an incredible storyline. We last made it to the finals in 1970 and swept by Boston.
Not sure how this last fiasco will effect them the rest of this series , though.

It must be real tough being a Blues fan.

Could this year be the year?

#817 8 months ago

I dunno....

I'm thinking whoever wins the western conference wins the cup

#819 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Stick a fork in the Raptors Hue

I don't watch basketball

#831 8 months ago

St. Louis in 5!!

I'd love to see Schenn score a Bobby Orr like goal flying through the air. Payback 49 years later
bobby-orr-1970-stanley-cup-winning-goal.jpg

#850 8 months ago

#871 7 months ago

It's only game 1....still early.

#880 7 months ago

Now the series gets interesting.

#886 7 months ago

Sundqvist suspended 3 games because Grzelcyk places himself in a dangerous position, lol. What a farce

#888 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Calm down...he's only suspended FOR game 3
But it's a little ticky tack for sure. Guess that's what happens when no one knows whom the fuck you are.

Oops...you are right. I misread it...must be from breathing in all the wildfire smoke today : (

#894 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Nahh, you dont.

I think he meant booerns.

giphy.gif

Bad shit kicking last night...ouch.

#898 7 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Will the Blues bounce back tonight to tie things up? or they toast?
I hope the get a win and make this an interesting final.

They'll come out flying. But will they stop taking stupid penalties?

#903 7 months ago

Great game by the Blues. Only 2 penalties (one of them off-setting)

Go blues go!

#914 7 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Great game last night. Hope this series goes to 7!
And have the Blues take the cup. I know I know, would be better in front of their fans - but I just love game 7 drama!

Gotta admit to liking Stanley Cup final with a game 7. There's nothing in sports better than that!!

#932 7 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yeah but I still swim to an island to get away from my in-laws ...actually true.
Appreciate your comment...great Lady and puts up with me!

I was just going to say we need more of your "Truman show existence" updates

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-kill-me-my-truman-show-existance-continues

#951 7 months ago

Loving the fact that there's a game 7 but not feeling too confident with the Blues right now.

#972 7 months ago

The way this series has gone I wouldn't be surprised if it went into overtime!

GO BLUES GO!

#977 7 months ago