20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

I predict Oview will be a fat, bloated, partied out mess for the first month of the season Guys been drunk for months straight.

Rightfully so don;t get me wrong.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Why haven’t goalies figured out that exact same spot yet?? Haha

Because the team is good enough now that you cant just block him all day. Same reason Crosby sneaks to the open side of the net over and over.

Of course they're both good enough to score from wherever but you can't stop Ovechkin.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Golden knights:[quoted image]

Well hey, you gotta start somewhere. The price you pay for winning 5 cups is having a complete and utter worthless hockey team every year for the last 25 years. Oh wait, they did lose the cup to the hurricanes ( ) that year.

#37 5 years ago

Pens caps starting off nutty for sure. I didn't know whom was going to win, but I knew it would be red when pens were up 2 goals in the 3rd

#45 5 years ago

Meh beginning of the season is always wacky. Huge scores all over the joint. Murray another concussion... Same shit different day

#57 5 years ago

They've played like 5 games

#63 5 years ago

Man I hope LeTang keeps the heat...with Shultz out we'll need him.

2 weeks later
#112 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

BTW ---- Matt Murray needs a glove that is 3' wide as he's getting burned so bad over the glove hand!

Worst kept secret in hockey

1 week later
#122 5 years ago

Well I'm not happy Hagelin left that's for sure. But I guess the point needed to be made that th Pens will trade your ass no matter how well liked you are, and for a player worse than you.

Before they were winning with video game numbers, then dropping 5 in a row; ouch

3 weeks later
#180 5 years ago

Honestly, I'd call that a fucking dive. Body shot putting him down like that?
I'm getting too old to enjoy people getting injured and all that but I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson drooling and shitting on himself by age 40.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I think his head hitting the ice is what put him down. Wilson will make sure his chin strap is tightened next game.

Ahhhh I didn't really catch that the first time...ah yes the bounce. Good for him.

4 weeks later
#205 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the All Star Game?

I don't think All Star games are popular in any sport...maybe basketball?

I like the NHL version, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. I was excited to watch the Jagr one...what was that like 3 years ago?

#212 5 years ago

I just assumed he was still Pissed at NHL over Olympics

1 month later
#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Hagelin to the Capitals

Noooooo!!!!!

1 month later
#563 5 years ago

There really isn't that much to comment on, the Pens have the worst defense I've seen in years. Utterly pathetic.

#565 5 years ago

Yep you can do that in the regular season but dries up on the playoffs. Last 2 cups were great defensive...everyone chipping in.
All credit to Isles goalie...im sure I'm not the only one having flashbacks to 2013 Eastern finals against Tukka Rask?

I appreciate Letang thinking he's still as good as he was 10 years ago, but it's time to wake the fuck up.

Edit: is Hal Gill still in the league so we csn speed up this defense a bit

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

What was harder to watch was the pens facing elimination and still trying to slow the play down.....pass, pass, pass, pass...

Same shit diff'rent decade

1 week later
#669 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Just read that two of the refs from the controversial sharks/knights game 7 won’t be working next round. Is that an admission from NHL that they fucked up?

There isn't anyone alive that thinks they made the right call; just 100% wrong and horrible.
The only thing worse is the penalty kill that followed.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So if the call was so wrong then that means all four officials were wrong...

Half of them, at least, didn't see it at all. They claimed after the game it was a cross check to the face, which it clearly wasn't.
Not a fan of either team so it's pretty easy for me to be objective.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Same here and I agree that the cross check wasn't blatant at all BUT according to the rules, as stated above, the ref can make the major penalty call due to the injury that resulted from the cross-check. Again, the cross-check itself didn't cause the injury it was him falling to the ice and his head making contact with the ice that caused the injury but if the cross-check didn't happen he doesn't fall.

That's all "But For" slippery slope stuff.
He WASN'T falling onto the ice from the cross check...he was pushed onto the ice by another player; watch it again.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1120906609574780935

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I've watched and you tell me that he's not falling before the other player touches him??? Look at both of his skates, they're already off the ice before the second player makes contact with him. Whether the second player pushes him or not he was going down.

His right skate is on the ice when contact with player #2 happens, altering his direction of his body completely. His left skate is coming down to the ice as player #2 lifts him off the ice.
I'm giving him credit as a professional skater he would have worked himself out without falling on his head from the first check; that's a judgement call for sure.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Should Stastny have been in the box instead of Eakins? I don't think that would've been right either.

It's more cloudy if you take the injury into account...which I don't really.

To me someone got cross checked, big fucking deal, that happens literally 200 times in every hockey game ever.
He's trying to regain his balance when someone pushes him to the ice, which happens literally 200 times in every hockey game ever.
He takes a bad spill and gets injured, which happens less frequently.

To me if you want to call the cross check that's fine, it was a cross check. 2 minute minor move along.

I didn;t see was there blood on the ice? Do they have a double minor cross check? I know some fouls don't.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You forget we live in a society where everything is someone else's fault so you have to blame someone!

I see the issue more of people thinking they have to take a side; Vegas is both the victim and the choker.

1 week later
#732 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Can anybody explain the NYI's?!?!
Totally "on" opening series and completely

Yes, it's Hockey. Happens all the time.

2 weeks later
#835 4 years ago

Blues in 6...Gotta go with the long layoff curse, Detroit 1935, and I Hate the Bruins.

#862 4 years ago

It's not hard to figure out, the old saying "the answer to all of your questions is money" is simple here.
Small TV markets are not in line to get new teams and Wisconsin has no big market.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sundqvist suspended 3 games...

Calm down...he's only suspended FOR game 3

But it's a little ticky tack for sure. Guess that's what happens when no one knows whom the fuck you are.

1 week later
#1022 4 years ago

"NHL fans sure enjoyed seeing Brad Marchand cry after Bruins' Game 7 loss"

Ha too true. Congrats to da Blues and fuck the Bruins.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Did they officially name the team? I knew Sockeye was a contender.

Uff that name is horrendous. They should combine 2 and make it the "metropolitan emeralds" and have an emerald with a top hot. Even totems was better...although a stationary object isn't popular.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

I knew that but does that count?

No. That team moved out of town.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I know, that's lame but hey isn't penguins a lame name for a hockey team too?

It makes more sense than a Red Wing.

#1043 4 years ago

Rask was the toast of the town the last month+

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

A Red Wing is a bird , its no different than calling your team the Pelicans or Ducks.

No, that is unrelated. Unless you think the bird has a wheel on it?

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

A sweep in every round.

Pens swept...by a team that was swept....by a team that was swept....

1 week later
#1067 4 years ago

Free agency yes, the draft no. Not to mention NHL draft which is just the weirdest.creepiest thing ever.

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just heard new rule for 2019 season. helmet leaves head must leave the ice. Goodbye fighting?

Haha...well I'm pretty sure when people are fighting they are supposed to leave the ice too.

#1077 4 years ago

Sure sure and Remeber when they said anyone involved on a fight in the playoffs/cup would be suspended the next game? Then Malkin and Datsuk dropped the gloves and that rule just evaporated.

1 week later
#1115 4 years ago

Love a good west vs east

mt (resized).jpgmt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.