20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

Let's go Flyers!

I wanna believe....but we have big gaps in defensive talent and goaltending that's streaky at best.

Caps wont repeat, Vegas will exit round 1. Pens are strong every year but man, I think Toronto has a real shot this year but if I had to bet money I'd put it on the Lightning. They'll beat the caps in the ECF and hoist the cup beating the Sharks in 5

#44 5 years ago

and the Sharks put an 8-2 shellacking on the guys in orange

1 week later
#60 5 years ago

Flyers score 5 goals in the 2nd, blow a 3 goal lead, and then win in a shootout. If that's not a microcosm of what their season is going to be like, I don't know what is.

1 week later
#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

All this hockey talk and nobody has mentioned the Preds yet? Sittin' pretty right now with the best record in the league. It's early. I know, but the record speaks for itself.

Their game last night with the sharks was a fun watch. I thought the preds had it sealed away when they went up 4-2. Dillions shortie started the comeback, and the preds were skating flat on the play; like they expected him to dump the puck and peal back on a change. Scored 3 goals in the 2nd just to give up 3 in the 3rd. Tough loss, but it was entertaining for someone not rooting for one team or the other.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

3 to zip, most dangerous lead on hockey!

you mean 4-2 lol. Jets with 2 in 1:05!

Another fun game to watch

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

How many consecutive wins does it take for a team to qualify as being "HOT?"

For the Flyers, 2. For everyone else, 4 or 5.

#92 5 years ago

10 game win streak, miss the playoffs.
10 game losing streak, make the playoffs.
Never get out of the first round.... (only once winning more than 2 games)

The issue isn't *just* coaching, its sloppy play on D and swiss cheese goalies. As a long time fan, its fucking painful to watch.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hakstol isnt the issue! I think as long as they have the likes of Clarke, Hextall and Holmgren they wont win!

Hextall isn't terrible he actually did a pretty good job of fixing the salary cap issue while keeping a lot of talent. But man Holmgrem is the WORST they should have shitcanned him YEARS ago.

4 weeks later
#144 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

6-0 leafs win over flyers mostly by third and 4th lines

First Leafs hat trick on the Flyers in 28 years, and they gave it up in the first period!

The game AFTER they shut out the Rangers 4-0

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Flyers finally make a good move in firing Ron Hextall. Now get rid of Clarke and Flyers will be headed in the right direction.

You misspelled Paul Holmgren.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah him too! know it's taboo to say but the Flyers need to severe all ties with the Broad Street Bullies days and move forward.

I don't disagree. However, the problem in Philly wasn't Hextall. He actually did a really good job with talent and mitigating the salary cap mess Holmgren created as GM. While he never cemented the goalie position, he put a lot of talent on the ice. The biggest issue in Philly (besides goaltending) is special teams. A steady gradual decline on both the power play and the penalty kill over the last 6 years sits squarely on Ian Laperriere's shoulders.

Throw a shit ton of money at Steve Yzerman to GM , and even more at Quinville to coach , let the Qman bring in his own coaching staff and the team would be a contender by next year at the latest. I try to go to 4 or 5 games a year; haven't been to one yet this season. Might cancel my plans to go to the 12/20 game.

2 weeks later
#189 5 years ago

It was a travesty the team was making a playoff push at the end of the year with an empty arena. I fully support moving the Panthers to Quebec and renaming them the Nordiques.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Haksol fired in Philly!
I say replace him with Gritty! It couldn't get any worse could it?

They reported Quinville getting hired yesterday but "unconfirmed". Today they say the deal isn't done cause he's skiing. /shrug

1 week later
#200 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Went to the Flyer's game last night... was great to see everybody on the team come together to protect/support Carter. He looked pretty darn good for a 20 year old!
Not sure what was being said, but Gudas kept going to him to talk, hit his pads, and/or pat him on the head... honestly looked like a proud father talking with his son.
And sooooooo nice to NOT see Hakstol!

I was there too! Section 117 row 19 seat 4 , most lopsided game in terms of officiating I've ever seen. Maybe the Flyers can sign Quick (and Quinville) , let Neuvirth go , keep Elliot as the back up for 2 years till Hart takes over full time.

#202 5 years ago

Send em to Philly!

please?

1 week later
#214 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ironic that a few years ago Crosby was criticized for skipping now it's acceptable to skip.

Says who? Unless you have an honest to goodness reason to not you , you should. Petty squabble with the NHL is not an acceptable reason.

#220 5 years ago

Now I keep reading that the Flyers are shopping Wayne Simmonds around =(
That'd probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

#225 5 years ago

Only way the Wayne train stops in Pittsburgh is if he goes to a different team then they trade him to the Pens. He'd be a cheap rental for sure, but I *really* want him to stay in Philly. He's my favorite player, and he scored 2 last night! I was hoping he'd be on the ice for the empty netter but they let JVR get the Hat Trick instead, booooooooo

1 month later
#291 5 years ago

Naw, fuck that big nosed piece of garbage

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Like most hockey fans would want him on our team but hate him otherwise...

I don't subscribe to the mentality of "I only hate that he does that cause he doesn't do it for us" for example Zac Rinaldo when he was a Flyer.

If I had to pick I would take the schnoz over Tom Wilson lol

#330 5 years ago

It was a better game than I thought it'd be. Football venues definitely work better than the baseball stadiums for the outdoor hockey games.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Cheap mofo....typical Philly crap.

Flames and Senators have the most suspensions for on-ice incidents.

#342 5 years ago

I'm pretty shocked at the Nyquiest deal. I'm also hoping Mark Stone fills the void a team wants for Simmonds, so he can stay a Flyer. I met him at a Flyer's charity even and he was awesome.

#353 5 years ago

Im incredosad meow.
I can only hope Simmonds wins a cup then resigns with Philly on July 1st

#354 5 years ago

It sucked. Simmonds runs dumo’s head through the glass into the first row and no penalty.

Also this is *exactly* what happened when Malkin hit TJ Oshie in November. You saying Shrek plays dirty?

#364 5 years ago

I agree 100% but I give the edge to Nashville because they had less of a puzzle to complete. Its still weird to me that Nashville is in the West.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm surprised Columbus didn't sign him. They signed everyone else! lol

And still lost tonight

#383 5 years ago

I like Marc Crawford but things did go off the rails QUICKLY after they got eliminated from the playoffs a couple years ago. They must going HAM into rebuild mode.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ottawa won't have an NHL team in 5 years time from now. They'll relocate.

They can move to Seattle and take up the SuperSonics moniker.

#390 5 years ago

I didnt know the Seattle thing was finalized, honestly hadnt been paying attention.
Yay all 4 divisions will have 8 teams!

#394 5 years ago

as long as it isnt Michael Bay

1 week later
#419 5 years ago

Every team the Flyers needed to lose last night won :/ I had no faith in Detroit beating well....anyone, but I thought Boston would be able to win. Caps played 56 and half minutes of solid hockey, but man did they blow for those other 3 and a half minutes.

1 month later
#572 5 years ago

They either need to win 4 in a row and make history, or lose and let me get in with my life. Haha!

How would that be making history? Its happened in the NHL 4 times, the Kings did it 5 years ago on the way to a cup.

Anyfart, the Caps got clowned tonight and thats the most important thing.

2 weeks later
#729 4 years ago

Grtez is over-rated. Mario Lemieux is the GOAT.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Make you feel any better, it's 5 months for me!
Being from Pittsburgh we don't have a Pro team that plays in the Summer......we have a minor league team (Pirates) that the owner continues to ##@@ up!

Come on the Pirates won the NL Pennant in 1979! But yeah the Steelers seem to have had a slow but steady decline since Tomlin. His first 2 years were successful riding the coattails of the coach before him (much like Gruden in Tampa Bay, even though Dungy was fired for some reason) but if the Raiders aren't proof that Gruden is an idiot , I dont know what is. I think Tomlin is running out of good will and will soon be on a short leash.

#783 4 years ago

Canes are my Dark Horse hopeful.

#793 4 years ago

The Canes were killing it until the 3rd period of game one. Its been painfully one sided since then.

#796 4 years ago

That would have to be a first in NHL history I think

1 week later
#833 4 years ago

Blues in 6. I almost want to pick the Bruins just because I've jinxed every other team Ive picked

1 week later
#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't get too excited until a road team wins.

So you're excited now?

#906 4 years ago

These 8pm starts (well, 815) make the game end too late for me. I have to BE at work at 7am ; I made it to 2nd intermission with the score tied. Was happy to Chara eat a puck, would have been better if it was Marchand instead :p

#924 4 years ago

Schenn was lighting Chara up every time he touched the puck. The missed trip was a bad no call, but there's been a myriad of bad calls in favor of the Bruins about time one went against them.

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It makes more sense than a Red Wing.

A Red Wing is a bird , its no different than calling your team the Pelicans or Ducks.

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, that is unrelated. Unless you think the bird has a wheel on it?

Its an amalgamation of the cycling logo, a bird wing and a reference to the motor city. Unless you think wheels have wings?
Makes more sense than a piston to me; they took the part of the motor that gets exploded on a thousand times a minute :p

Happy to see Schenn lift the cup, had no idea that Michael Del Zotto was even on the Blues, and big ups to Berube. He's a rock solid coach and another good guy that Philly let get away. I sincerely hope the Blues make a deep push into the playoffs again next year and prove all the naysayers wrong about it being a fluke.

1 week later
#1080 4 years ago

so Ryan Hartman tweeted about going off grid for a week, then got traded. His twitter got blown up, I laughed.

https://twitter.com/rhartzy18/status/1142094131034021888?s=21

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=Malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.