20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
#1 5 years ago

Can't wait for the regular season to start!
Leafs will have high expectations to go far in the playoffs this year but must get past Tampa and Boston which will not be easy. Hard to say what will happen but not getting past the second round in playoffs would be a disaster. Leafs have not been to the Stanley Cup final since 1967. Mabey not this year but finally we are a serious threat for years to come.
Good luck to every team except the habs.

#2 5 years ago

I hate to say it, as much as I despise the Leafs, they are going to be strong thing year, man. Look out

#3 5 years ago

Can't wait for the first real puck drop.

#4 5 years ago

Not suck back 2 back.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I hate to say it, as much as I despise the Leafs, they are going to be strong thing year, man. Look out

Your a Winnipeg fan?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Your a Winnipeg fan? Imagine the rabid fan base in Saskatchewan if NHL...Rider green!!

Your a Winnipeg fan?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Not suck back 2 back.

Well at least the BB’s won’t be a total downer this year. Well maybe.

#8 5 years ago

My Canucks will continue to struggle to win games and score goals this year..to bring back all the D men that are very mediocre at best? It’s gonna be a long year, but Boeser and rookie Pettersson will be a joy to watch. To early to look forward to winning the #1 draft pick and get another brother combo in Vancity w Jack Hughes? He’s a beauty..

9048CB05-5F3D-459F-9BBA-D67C75CA0DA0 (resized).jpeg9048CB05-5F3D-459F-9BBA-D67C75CA0DA0 (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Your a Winnipeg fan?

Nope.
Oilers, grew up late 70’s through 80’s. All my hero’s

#10 5 years ago

I've been waiting for this thread to start!!

Got my yahoo fantasy keeper league draft tomorrow night with ribs and beer ready to go!

My sens are going to be abysmal this year. Maybe I'll bet against them for 82 games and make some money.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I've been waiting for this thread to start!!
Got my yahoo fantasy keeper league draft tomorrow night with ribs and beer ready to go!
My sens are going to be abysmal this year. Maybe I'll bet against them for 82 games and make some money.

I’m heading to AZ in a month, was sniffing around for some tickets,
Might do a game or two, one of them is a Sens game, uggggh, really???!! Lol. I think I can get tickets cheaper than our Junior A club here in Nipawin though!!!! LMAO

#12 5 years ago

Tickets to a sens game in Arizona should only cost you 6$ USD and you can get a hot dog and beer included with the price!

#13 5 years ago

Ah, here’s the hockey thread.

What are some final predictions?

I’m taking sharks / leafs . Not like I particularly like either of those teams

#14 5 years ago

I predict Oview will be a fat, bloated, partied out mess for the first month of the season Guys been drunk for months straight.

Rightfully so don;t get me wrong.

#15 5 years ago

Picks for the finals

Sharks and Lightning.

Hopefully my predictions fare better than last year lol

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I predict Oview will be a fat, bloated, partied out mess for the first month of the season Guys been drunk for months straight.

And still probably top five in goals by the end of that first month. Helps when you can hang out in one spot on the PP and they still can't stop you.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

And still probably top five in goals by the end of that first month. Helps when you can hang out in one spot on the PP and they still can't stop you.

Why haven’t goalies figured out that exact same spot yet?? Haha

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Why haven’t goalies figured out that exact same spot yet?? Haha

Because the team is good enough now that you cant just block him all day. Same reason Crosby sneaks to the open side of the net over and over.

Of course they're both good enough to score from wherever but you can't stop Ovechkin.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He actually looks leaner this year than years past. Those guys did party their asses off though haha.

#20 5 years ago

Minnesota Wild
The West is loaded and Minnie just doesn't have the guns to go deep and succeed.
Therefore,
here's looking ahead to
another season of high hopes, failed expectations, and a deflated fan base.
Other than that, can't wait!!

#21 5 years ago

The sharks and golden knights have to be heavy favourites in the west..but I do like the jets to take it to the next level. In the east..the lightning and pens/caps will be strong again..I’ll go with the jets/lightning playing for The cup..and my Canucks finishing w the 2nd worst record, just above the mess that is Ottawa

#22 5 years ago

Golden knights were a fluke. They will be lucky to make it past the first round this year.

#23 5 years ago

Sadly my Oilers probably won’t make a huge impact. I hope for playoffs though!

I’d love to see the Jets do well, 2nd fav team.

Golden knights:

592D374B-3C26-46D1-B7D4-C6A2D769BBD8 (resized).png592D374B-3C26-46D1-B7D4-C6A2D769BBD8 (resized).png
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Golden knights were a fluke. They will be lucky to make it past the first round this year.

Uh-oh, shots fired.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Golden knights:[quoted image]

Well hey, you gotta start somewhere. The price you pay for winning 5 cups is having a complete and utter worthless hockey team every year for the last 25 years. Oh wait, they did lose the cup to the hurricanes ( ) that year.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well hey, you gotta start somewhere. The price you pay for winning 5 cups is having a complete and utter worthless hockey team every year for the last 25 years. Oh wait, they did lose the cup to the hurricanes ( ) that year.

I’m not going to deny they have been hopeless. There is new hope, it’s just going to take a few years. I can think of a few other teams with a longer cup drought!

The comic would be like if Edmonton were to get a MLB team ( that could never happen ) and they made the World Series, you would see a lot of sudden baseball fans. We would be made fun of as well, part of sports razzing

#27 5 years ago

Boston's getting spanked on opening night!!

#28 5 years ago

Let's go Blues!!

It really stinks to be a hockey fan in WI. The NHL package is expensive, and blocks any "in-market" games (that I frustratingly can't even watch!).

#29 5 years ago

My fantasy team is set had draft last Saturday, opening night for my Pens tomorrow. I think Sharks overrated.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Let's go Blues!!
It really stinks to be a hockey fan in WI. The NHL package is expensive, and blocks any "in-market" games (that I frustratingly can't even watch!).

Steam on reddit.

#31 5 years ago

Let's go Blues!!

Batmanstream.net

#32 5 years ago

Let's go Blues!!

I live in Iowa. My "market" includes the Wild, Blues and Blackhawks. I loathe having to watch the Stars play the Blackhawks on TV. Their announcers drive me crazy, so I'll often try to sync the broadcast with the free Stars radio stream. St. Louis is cool, though. When Federko was doing color, it was not good. Love having Panger around.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Boston's getting spanked on opening night!!

Between the banner raising and the lopsided score, that was a very fun evening at the Arena.

We were STHs for 14 years (exited at the 2012 lockout), and never thought we'd see this day.

#34 5 years ago

Speaking of spanked. Fleury yanked in 2nd period after Flyers going up 5-1 against Vegas!! Final score 5-2 Flyers

#35 5 years ago

Fleury has been yanked before,
and he'll get yanked again.

Now that I think about it, I wonder who holds the record for most "yanks" in a career? Do they even keep track? Interesting thought.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Fleury has been yanked before,
and he'll get yanked again.
Now that I think about it, I wonder who holds the record for most "yanks" in a career? Do they even keep track? Interesting thought.

Not sure which goalie has been pulled the most in their NHL career......but Andre "Red light" Racicot comes to mind.

#37 5 years ago

Pens caps starting off nutty for sure. I didn't know whom was going to win, but I knew it would be red when pens were up 2 goals in the 3rd

#38 5 years ago

Leafs looked sloppy against the habs and managed to squeeze out a win. Both Tavares and Matthews scored. .....How did the jets lose to vegas in the last playoff again? . Let's see how the teams sit after 20 games. Leafs favoured to win the cup? Good one. Time to slap down money before the odds change but I wouldn't pick the leafs, not this year.

#39 5 years ago

Let's go Flyers!

I wanna believe....but we have big gaps in defensive talent and goaltending that's streaky at best.

Caps wont repeat, Vegas will exit round 1. Pens are strong every year but man, I think Toronto has a real shot this year but if I had to bet money I'd put it on the Lightning. They'll beat the caps in the ECF and hoist the cup beating the Sharks in 5

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Not sure which goalie has been pulled the most in their NHL career......but Dominique "Red light" Racicot comes to mind.

Thought his name was Andre? Anyway, kudos to Haminic for sticking up for a rookie on your team (Dube) of the Flames that took a borderline hit from Gudbrunson (canucks) on Wednesday nite..he broke his jaw after fighting a bigger man in Guds..I can respect a player for always backing up a teammate

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Thought his name was Andre? Anyway, kudos to Haminic for sticking up for a rookie on your team (Dube) of the Flames that took a borderline hit from Gudbrunson (canucks) on Wednesday nite..he broke his jaw after fighting a bigger man in Guds..I can respect a player for always backing up a teammate

Yes....andre is correct. Thanks for the correction

#42 5 years ago

Great game lots of scoring leafs prevail in OT over blackhawks. Tavares Mathews were Monsters! ..Sparks not so much. Toews and Kane were excellent. Both teams deserved win.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Let's go Flyers!

Here, here!!!

#44 5 years ago

and the Sharks put an 8-2 shellacking on the guys in orange

#45 5 years ago

Meh beginning of the season is always wacky. Huge scores all over the joint. Murray another concussion... Same shit different day

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Great game lots of scoring leafs prevail in OT over blackhawks. Tavares Mathews were Monsters! ..Sparks not so much. Toews and Kane were excellent. Both teams deserved win.

Tavares and Matthews have been red hot to start the year! I'm not a leafs fan, but I have a few of them in my fantasy hockey pools, so they are exciting to follow.
I feel Morgan Rielly is being a bit overlooked though, as he's never usually mentioned along with Tavares and Mathews. Rielly has 10 points in 4 games, with quite a few being power play points. I feel like he's set for a monster year too.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Tavares and Matthews have been red hot to start the year! I'm not a leafs fan, but I have a few of them in my fantasy hockey pools, so they are exciting to follow.
I feel Morgan Rielly is being a bit overlooked though, as he's never usually mentioned along with Tavares and Mathews. Rielly has 10 points in 4 games, with quite a few being power play points. I feel like he's set for a monster year too.

I bet you William Nylander isn't pleased with the Leafs hot start, lol

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I bet you William Nylander isn't pleased with the Leafs hot start, lol

Lol yeah his hold out was a gamble, and it’s not paying off. He has zero negotiation rights this year, and Shanahan knows it. Nylander can either sign a bridge deal (which apparently both the team and him don’t want) or a long term one. But either way, he’s not getting the $$$$ he’s currently demanding.
I honestly hope they trade him for a solid, young defenceman on a team friendly contract. They need help on the back end most, and a cheap contract would help them prepare for next summer when they have to extend Matthews and Marner. Who are way more valuable than Nylander.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Lol yeah his hold out was a gamble, and it’s not paying off. He has zero negotiation rights this year, and Shanahan knows it. Nylander can either sign a bridge deal (which apparently both the team and him don’t want) or a long term one. But either way, he’s not getting the $$$$ he’s currently demanding.
I honestly hope they trade him for a solid, young defenceman on a team friendly contract. They need help on the back end most, and a cheap contract would help them prepare for next summer when they have to extend Matthews and Marner. Who are way more valuable than Nylander.

So you’re looking for a good solid D men eh? My nux have cap space, and I know that Chris Tanev- when healthy might be just what you’re looking for. He’s a solid top 4 D man, wish I was a gm..

#50 5 years ago

Maata benched and Murray out with 3rd concussion in 3 years .... yeah Penguins off to a brilliant start

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread?hl=spinape and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.