20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#351 5 years ago

edit: Johanssen to Boston!

Hartman and 2020 4th rounder for Simmonds. (Turns into a 3rd if Nashville makes it past the first round of the playoffs)

#352 5 years ago

Erik Gudbranson from VAN to PIT for Pearson is the rumor! This should help the penguins finish 9th!

#353 5 years ago

Im incredosad meow.
I can only hope Simmonds wins a cup then resigns with Philly on July 1st

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

It sucked. Simmonds runs dumo’s head through the glass into the first row and no penalty.

Also this is *exactly* what happened when Malkin hit TJ Oshie in November. You saying Shrek plays dirty?

#355 5 years ago

The Simmonds hit I’m on the fence about. I don’t feel he set out to cheap shot Dumo (I’m a pens fan). I also don’t feel Simmonds left his feet. The issue becomes the fact that Simmonds Hit did in fact have his should hit Dumo’s head and by today’s NHL “standards” it’s a hit to the head thus a penalty.

So my post is just like that of the NHL’s answer to a lot of things ....no answer at all!!!

#356 5 years ago

goodbye par Lindholm , only found a bogey in Toronto

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ryan Johanssen from Nashville to Boston!

I think you meant Marcus Johansson from New Jersey to Boston for a 2nd and 4th. Johanssen would’ve been rad but no way Nashville parts with him. Johansson should provide nice wing depth for Boston at a reasonable price.

#358 5 years ago

Trade deadline champion? Nashville?

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I think you meant Marcus Johansson from New Jersey to Boston for a 2nd and 4th. Johanssen would’ve been rad but no way Nashville parts with him. Johansson should provide nice wing depth for Boston at a reasonable price.

I sure am off this week.

Thanks for the correction

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trade draft champion? Nashville?

Vegas for getting Stone.

#361 5 years ago

Columbus!

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trade deadline champion? Nashville?

I’ll vote n say CBJ..to still have Panarin, And go ‘roll the dice’ and get Duchesne and Dzingel..it’s go time now in Columbus..Vegas did well too; they have so many assets being new to the league, not fair, but it is what it is..

#363 5 years ago

I think both Columbus and Nashville won, but in completely different ways.
Nashville made the shrewdest moves. They got Boyle and Simmonds to add grit for the playoffs. And they added Granlund and Simmonds to give them a great top two lines. Missing both of these things has held them back in previous playoffs. Combine these new strengths with their amazing defence and solid goaltending, and They are going to be very hard to beat in the playoffs. They also didn’t lose any top draft picks or irreplaceable players to do it too. Poile is a hell of a gm. I really dislike the preds but even I see how much better they are now.
Columbus also won big time, but in a different way. Their gm has balls of steel. Faced with the idea that bobrovsky and panarin will walk this summer, most people assumed they’d play it safe and trade them for assets, and try again next year. Nope. They basically said eff that, let’s go for it now. Let’s give panarin and bob a reason to stay (more so panarin thsn bob but that’s not the point). They went out and got a ton of new talent. The team is reinvigorated, and the fans should be too. It’s an exciting time to be a Columbus fan, when most people assumed the deadline wouldn’t be for them. Columbus took a huge risk bringing a bunch more ufa on board, and giving up good assets to get them too. But it’s damn exciting to watch. Good for them for being ballsy and not just playing it safe/boring.

#364 5 years ago

I agree 100% but I give the edge to Nashville because they had less of a puzzle to complete. Its still weird to me that Nashville is in the West.

#365 5 years ago

I listened to John Davidson on the fan590 yesterday and was impressed with his attitude of let's go for it now. Rooting for Columbus to have a deep playoff run. Hopefully we hear from some Blue Jacket fans.

#366 5 years ago

I can’t believe that the pens picked Up Gudbranson..he has the worst + - in the league! Sure he has size and can play a lil, but he’s a bit slow. He’s a well spoken player, but just didn’t fit here in the Couve n I wish him well...I went to last nights game vs the ducks..was nice to see Horvat score 2, and to hear the fans still boo Kesler..and happy to see Markstrom get his 1st shutout of the year..

C70A0E61-E1FB-42BB-AD52-94E2CFC672C0 (resized).jpegC70A0E61-E1FB-42BB-AD52-94E2CFC672C0 (resized).jpeg
#367 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I can’t believe that the pens picked Up Gudbranson..he has the worst + - in the league!

He’ll fit perfectly in with the Pens mentality that you put everything into the Offensive side. Dumo is the only top Defensive Defenseman on the team. LeTang, although one of the best Offensive Defensemen in the league, is mediocre at best when it comes to Defense.

Very disappointed last two seasons with what the pens picked up but even more so with the mentality that the team they have is good enough to win.

Lemieux has always spent up to the cap and did what he could do to have a winning team so it makes it harder to understand what’s going on the last two seasons. IF they make the playoffs it will be an early exit (1st round)!

#368 5 years ago

A hot goaltender in playoffs is all u need.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A hot goaltender in playoffs is all u need.

Penguins don’t have that either.

#370 5 years ago

Hey Mesz, the grim reapers scycile hasn’t reached the Pens yet!

#371 5 years ago

Lol - I hear ya. Just frustrating to see a good core of players and be a few players short of a contender to get players like Brassard, Gudbranson, Johnson .... just not good pickups. Also getting Cullen back .... no other team even sent an offer for him, rather they had signed Jagr.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

rather they had signed Jagr.

I'm surprised Columbus didn't sign him. They signed everyone else! lol

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm surprised Columbus didn't sign him. They signed everyone else! lol

And still lost tonight

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

And still lost tonight

Yeah need a little time for new guys to settle in. 20 games left so if they're going to make the playoffs they need to settle quickly. One thing with Columbus is ..... If they don't make the playoffs it won't be the coaches fault, it never is with that guy.

#375 5 years ago

Tort's seems to be in a good mood lately...

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tort's seems to be in a good mood lately...

Wait and see what happens when they lose to Philly tonight

#377 5 years ago

Classy move islanders booing , swearing and throwing jerseys at Tavares last night. Although the "put your pajamas on" was pretty
Funny. Better atmosphere in the old barn not Brooklyn.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Classy move islanders booing , swearing and throwing jerseys at Tavares last night. Although the "put your pajamas on" was pretty
Funny. Better atmosphere in the old barn not Brooklyn.

Stay classy Islanders fans

#379 5 years ago

More bad news in ottawa...new arena spot kiboshed and just fired guy Boucher this after pierre dorion talking out the other side of his mouth last week. Sounds like decision came from Eugene melnyk. Marc crawford announced as replacent...for now according to Dorion...but could be permanent. Nice thing to say and what top notch coach would want to go to ottawa ? Low times for hockey in this nation's capital

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More bad news in ottawa...new arena spot kiboshed and just fired guy Boucher this after pierre dorion talking out the other side of his mouth last week. Sounds like decision came from Eugene melnyk. Marc crawford announced as replacent...for now according to Dorion...but could be permanent. Nice thing to say and what top notch coach would want to go to ottawa ? Low times for hockey in this nation's capital

Ottawa won't have an NHL team in 5 years time from now. They'll relocate.

#381 5 years ago

Just heard Dennis potvin still gets booed at Madison Square gardens to this day!

#382 5 years ago

Hue I know your a sens fan but I have been to the arena many times and the location just sucks. The new arena was a must have. I thought it would happen with council. Ever since Mel bridgeman and that weird sound from the temporary arena in the first years could never be figured out! What a disaster
You could be right in 5 years. Why is everyone dumping on melnyk?

#383 5 years ago

I like Marc Crawford but things did go off the rails QUICKLY after they got eliminated from the playoffs a couple years ago. They must going HAM into rebuild mode.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ottawa won't have an NHL team in 5 years time from now. They'll relocate.

They can move to Seattle and take up the SuperSonics moniker.

#384 5 years ago

Already a team in Seattle for 2019 season but supersonics name would be great. Team name yet to be announced.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

They can move to Seattle and take up the SuperSonics moniker.

Seattle has already been officially announced as an "expansion" team with its own group of owners.

Ottawa will relocate...mark my words. To where is the billion dollar question.

#386 5 years ago

Mabey north york

#387 5 years ago

Rabid fans In woodbridge vaughan --Quebec?

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Rabid fans In woodbridge vaughan

GTA expansion will never happen. MLS won't allow competition so close to home. Heck.....even Hamilton is deemed "too close" for MLS.

The fans are rabid though....ill give you that

#389 5 years ago

Why there isn’t a team in Quebec, I dunno..yet there’s still teams in untraditional markets w shitty attendance #’s..Florida and Phoenix err Glendale.

#390 5 years ago

I didnt know the Seattle thing was finalized, honestly hadnt been paying attention.
Yay all 4 divisions will have 8 teams!

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Why there isn’t a team in Quebec, I dunno..yet there’s still teams in untraditional markets w shitty attendance #’s..Florida and Phoenix err Glendale.

Quebec city would make a lot of sense. They have a gorgeous barn that only has a junior team playing out of it. My friend was there last week for a hockey tournament for his kids. They had 8,000 - 10,000 people show up to watch peewee kids play.

55798969503_1879fd_o.jpg55798969503_1879fd_o.jpg58640479562_4cda2d_o.jpg58640479562_4cda2d_o.jpg
#392 5 years ago

Seattle is 2021 season . My mistake

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I didnt know the Seattle thing was finalized, honestly hadnt been paying attention.
Yay all 4 divisions will have 8 teams!

Yea....Jerry Bruckheimer is one of the owners. Expect lots of explosions and CGI effects in between whistles. Lol

#394 5 years ago

as long as it isnt Michael Bay

#395 5 years ago

Geez all day long fan590 whining about islanders game. Get over it ..better yet another backup goalie

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

as long as it isnt Michael Bay

Arrrghhh I keep getting the two mixed up. Lol

#397 5 years ago

That particular week in Quebec is a triple A yearly championship tournament welcoming campion peewee teams from everywhere. It also coincides with the "Bonom" winter fest. Lots of junior A scouts and agents attend this tournament

#398 5 years ago

It's -35 with the wind chill....thankfully there's hockey on from 11am-11pm

#399 5 years ago

If Columbus is making a playoff push.....than they are doing it wrong!

Screenshot_20190302-122950.pngScreenshot_20190302-122950.png

#400 5 years ago

CBC's Kyle Bukauskas looks like Alfred P. Neuman.

Screenshot_20190302-164533.pngScreenshot_20190302-164533.pngimages(4).jpgimages(4).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/8?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.