20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
#201 5 years ago

Looks like things in Dallas are getting heated between the Stars CEO and Benn/Seguin. Airing some dirty laundry like this in public won't bode well.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4800937/dallas-stars-jim-lites-jamie-benn-tyler-seguin/

Let the trade talks begin!!

#202 5 years ago

Send em to Philly!

please?

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks like things in Dallas are getting heated between the Stars CEO and Benn/Seguin. Airing some dirty laundry like this in public won't bode well.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4800937/dallas-stars-jim-lites-jamie-benn-tyler-seguin/
Let the trade talks begin!!

In a sport where no one ever says anything interesting, Lites lights into the two best players on the team. Seem counterproductive. They've been icing an AHL d-corps for the last month and they are still in a playoff spot. Add to that suspect first round draft picks and a wasted year under Ken Hitchcock and maybe it is the management that is the problem. Perhaps Lites should remember that you can't fire the players.

It's been hard to be a Stars fan in recent years. This just makes the organization look like chumps.

#204 5 years ago

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the All Star Game? They were making a big deal on NBCSports last night but man watching the All Star Game is just boring despite the NHL's attempt to change it up! I think all sports should abandon the All Star Game, especially the NFL!

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the All Star Game?

I don't think All Star games are popular in any sport...maybe basketball?

I like the NHL version, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. I was excited to watch the Jagr one...what was that like 3 years ago?

#206 5 years ago

The All Star game, meh. I do enjoy some of the skills competitions. Chara's slapshot is what 100MPH?

#207 5 years ago

The All Star competition used to be fun and interesting to watch. Now it sucks

The all star game has always sucked.

The only All Star weekend I watched in the last 10+ years was when John Scott was selected. (I just wanted to see the disgusted look on Gary Bettman's stupid face)

#208 5 years ago

Ovechkin is skipping the all Star game and will serve a one game suspension for it. I know it's probably to take a break with his family and rest....but it's a nice slap in the face to the NHL.

#209 5 years ago

The best thing about the Flyer's this year is Gritty!

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1082453698696097792?s=09

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ovechkin is skipping the all Star game and will serve a one game suspension for it. I know it's probably to take a break with his family and rest....but it's a nice slap in the face to the NHL.

Carey Price is skipping too, but it seems to be the team that decided on it, to give him some rest as he's dealing with a minor nagging injury.
Its interesting, because if Weber isn't voted in, then the Canadiens won't have a representative at the All Star game.

Better bring back John Scott.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Carey Price is skipping too, but it seems to be the team that decided on it, to give him some rest as he's dealing with a minor nagging injury.
Its interesting, because if Weber isn't voted in, then the Canadiens won't have a representative at the All Star game.
Better bring back John Scott.

Ironic that a few years ago Crosby was criticized for skipping now it's acceptable to skip. Price I certainly understand as he is fighting off an injury. With Ovie I wonder if there is something more than him just wanting to rest. Ovie has always been very pro All Star and he always appeared to have fun there. I think the past few All Star games Ovie and PK have been the fun ones to watch.

#212 5 years ago

I just assumed he was still Pissed at NHL over Olympics

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I just assumed he was still Pissed at NHL over Olympics

Good one! I think you may be on to something....

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ironic that a few years ago Crosby was criticized for skipping now it's acceptable to skip.

Says who? Unless you have an honest to goodness reason to not you , you should. Petty squabble with the NHL is not an acceptable reason.

#215 5 years ago

I wonder if any WAGS troll this thread?

#216 5 years ago

Can you imagine being so rich you would skip an all star game? I would do it only for the kids sake at least.

#217 5 years ago

I’m hoping that my young stud rookie Elias Pattersson is healthy enough to make it. Some of these ‘fans’ in the Couve are pissed w the bs non call and what these refs are doing/not doing to protect these stars..he got tangled up w Kotkaniemi of the habs and fell awkwardly: mild sprain to his knee. It happens, but to want blood and wish bad things on Kotkaniemi..c’mon, really? It’d be cool to see another nuck win mvp 2 years in a row. Boeser is pretty good, and showed everyone last year at Tampa..

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m hoping that my young stud rookie Elias Pattersson is healthy enough to make it. Some of these ‘fans’ in the Couve are pissed w the bs non call and what these refs are doing/not doing to protect these stars..he got tangled up w Kotkaniemi of the habs and fell awkwardly: mild sprain to his knee. It happens, but to want blood and wish bad things on Kotkaniemi..c’mon, really? It’d be cool to see another nuck win mvp 2 years in a row. Boeser is pretty good, and showed everyone last year at Tampa..

Yea that was nothing but a fluke accident. Kotkanniemi even skated over to check on Petterson after the fact.

Big news of the night....

Lucic finally scored a goal in North America this season!!

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yea that was nothing but a fluke accident. Kotkanniemi even skated over to check on Petterson after the fact.
Big news of the night....
Lucic finally scored a goal in North America this season!!

I’d love to trade a struggling Lui Erickson for an overpaid Lucic..just wish that he didn’t have a fn ntc...I can’t wait to see this young kid Thatcher Demco between the pipes here soon!!

#220 5 years ago

Now I keep reading that the Flyers are shopping Wayne Simmonds around =(
That'd probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I wounldnt mind having Simmonds on the Penguins!

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's why I grabbed him in my hockey pool.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I wounldnt mind having Simmonds on the Penguins!

Doubt that'll happen since they are division rivals.

#224 5 years ago

A guy like Simmonds is EXACTLY
what the Mn Wild need.
Big and strong, can score or hit.
The guy is 100% grit!

#225 5 years ago

Only way the Wayne train stops in Pittsburgh is if he goes to a different team then they trade him to the Pens. He'd be a cheap rental for sure, but I *really* want him to stay in Philly. He's my favorite player, and he scored 2 last night! I was hoping he'd be on the ice for the empty netter but they let JVR get the Hat Trick instead, booooooooo

#227 5 years ago

Lucic with 2 last night! Possible All Star candidate

#228 5 years ago

Went to the Bruins Canadiens game in Boston last night. My son's first game at 5 yrs old. Great game/great seats between the benches! OT loss to Montreal but several fights and one heavyweight donnybrook.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Lucic with 2 last night! Possible All Star candidate

1.5 million a goal this season

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

1.5 million a goal this season

Lucic was the guy who looks smart here. Signs a water tight contract to protect himself... the Oiler organization are the idiots here

#232 5 years ago

Seeing the Pens who lost tonight against sharks on Friday vs Yotes, they better win this one.

#233 5 years ago

Can anyone stop Tampa?
Jake Gardiner lustfuly benched and booed all period. The latest Larry Murphy who will Win 2 cups somewhere else. Nylander is next..1 goal in 19 games. I felt embarrassed for Jake.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Seeing the Pens who lost tonight against sharks on Friday vs Yotes, they better win this one.

Will the Pens be active on trade deadline?

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Can anyone stop Tampa?
Jake Gardiner lustfuly benched and booed all period. The latest Larry Murphy who will Win 2 cups somewhere else. Nylander is next..1 goal in 19 games. I felt embarrassed for Jake.

Yeah, Tampa is a power house. I’m not sure Connor even catches Kucherov this year for the art ross

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Man I hope so as if they aren't it will be another early exit!

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Can anyone stop Tampa?

Nylander deserves the boos.

Leaf nation loves to scapegoat. Ask kessel and phaneuf

#238 5 years ago

leaf fans are dumb as a brick. Just listen to after game radio show. Funny how intelligent and well spoken raptor fans are. The difference is night and day.

#239 5 years ago

Nylander deserves the boos.
He's a small marshmallow. .that's how he plays.
Edmonton fans should be insisting the hire of Brian Burke. He's a free agent. He helped build Calgary who are now legitimate stanley cup contenders.

#240 5 years ago

Fun fact: William Nylander and Jaroslav Halak have the same amount of points this season.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Man I hope so as if they aren't it will be another early exit!

Pens are walking a fine line right now...they look so dang deep on paper, that they almost have to make a deal. 8 deep on defense with Schulz about to return. Riikola looks like real deal. Brassard has caused havoc with line juggling to get him going. Great seeing Murray healthy and playing well. Seems like every team that they have been running up against are hot as heck. Looking forward, March schedule looks brutal! Whoever emerges from the East for the finals would have to be favorites in Stanley Cup.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pens are walking a fine line right now...they look so dang deep on paper, that they almost have to make a deal. 8 deep on defense with Schulz about to return. Riikola looks like real deal. Brassard has caused havoc with line juggling to get him going. Great seeing Murray healthy and playing well. Seems like every team that they have been running up against are hot as heck. Looking forward, March schedule looks brutal! Whoever emerges from the East for the finals would have to be favorites in Stanley Cup.

Yeah 2-5 on the West Coast trip 3 of the teams with fewer wins then the Pens. Phoenix they squeaked out or it would've been 1 out of 5. Letang is one of the best offensive defense-men in the league but one of the worse defensive defense-man. He has turned over the puck over so many times it's brutal. Need Malkin to step up ... he's been quiet too long!

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not sure but did not look like anything special on Friday night when I saw them against Coyotes.

#244 5 years ago

Oilers GM is blowing things up before getting canned.

He signed Koskinen to 4.5 mil annually and bought out Spooner (who they just traded for just over a month ago).

Oiler fans in the city are losing their minds!!!

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Don't blame them. Last year I thought the Oilers were 1 year away (this year) from being a really good team and making it to at least the second round.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not sure but did not look like anything special on Friday night when I saw them against Coyotes.

interesting read ...... https://mynhltraderumors.com/expect-another-trade-by-the-pittsburgh-penguins/2019/01/21/

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Letang is one of the best offensive defense-men in the league but one of the worse defensive defense-man. He has turned over the puck over so many times it's brutal.

66D9E694-F892-4F84-8046-65CF81907B28 (resized).jpeg66D9E694-F892-4F84-8046-65CF81907B28 (resized).jpeg
#247 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Oilers GM is blowing things up before getting canned.
He signed Koskinen to 4.5 mil annually and bought out Spooner (who they just traded for just over a month ago).

... it’s so frustrating being an oilers fan

#248 5 years ago

correction: Spooner was placed on waivers. So was Rattie

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

correction: Spooner was placed on waivers. So was Rattie

Spooner I get, but why Rattie?

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Spooner I get, but why Rattie?

I don't get Spooner because they traded for him. Why did they even bother make the trade?

What a....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/5?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.