20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 5 years ago

Say what!?!
Awesome--

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

And by scoring 5 goals he made some dude in Manitoba a millionaire!! (50K a year for 20 years)
https://www.bardown.com/patrik-laine-made-a-jets-fan-a-millionaire-by-completing-jets-5-goal-challenge-1.1215522

#152 5 years ago

Flyers finally make a good move in firing Ron Hextall. Now get rid of Clarke and Flyers will be headed in the right direction.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Flyers finally make a good move in firing Ron Hextall. Now get rid of Clarke and Flyers will be headed in the right direction.

You misspelled Paul Holmgren.

#154 5 years ago

Nick Kypreos had a good take on the Flyer's and how their hockey culture has changed. I think he made some good points.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You misspelled Paul Holmgren.

Yeah him too! know it's taboo to say but the Flyers need to severe all ties with the Broad Street Bullies days and move forward.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah him too! know it's taboo to say but the Flyers need to severe all ties with the Broad Street Bullies days and move forward.

I don't disagree. However, the problem in Philly wasn't Hextall. He actually did a really good job with talent and mitigating the salary cap mess Holmgren created as GM. While he never cemented the goalie position, he put a lot of talent on the ice. The biggest issue in Philly (besides goaltending) is special teams. A steady gradual decline on both the power play and the penalty kill over the last 6 years sits squarely on Ian Laperriere's shoulders.

Throw a shit ton of money at Steve Yzerman to GM , and even more at Quinville to coach , let the Qman bring in his own coaching staff and the team would be a contender by next year at the latest. I try to go to 4 or 5 games a year; haven't been to one yet this season. Might cancel my plans to go to the 12/20 game.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

That thing looks awesome.
I would think that it would be of reasonable quality

I don't know as most of the cheaper ones like this have a particle board for a surface and they wear quickly. After so much use the particle board breaks down for the underside. Not certain this is the case for this machine but if you look at the slots you can see the surface is not a solid material so leaning towards that it's a particle board.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I don't know as most of the cheaper ones like this have a particle board for a surface and they wear quickly. After so much use the particle board breaks down for the underside. Not certain this is the case for this machine but if you look at the slots you can see the surface is not a solid material so leaning towards that it's a particle board.

Out of curiosity do you know what a chexx is made out of?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Out of curiosity do you know what a chexx is made out of?

I don't. You could probably ask ICE or maybe put a post up on https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey

It's a durable solid plastic material and is not a coating... Never seen them break other than by the goalie area!

#162 5 years ago

Hellebuyck (WPG) and Jones (SJ) need to step up their game!!

#163 5 years ago

I enjoy my version

7FE3EE86-8CCB-482B-BF3C-B989E0938F02 (resized).jpeg7FE3EE86-8CCB-482B-BF3C-B989E0938F02 (resized).jpeg8E6AF271-0AC6-4FC8-A61A-909F537A23D4 (resized).jpeg8E6AF271-0AC6-4FC8-A61A-909F537A23D4 (resized).jpeg
#164 5 years ago

Hey Bacon, your boy Leivo for traded to the Canucks!

It's all Nylander fault lol

#165 5 years ago

I'm speechless ...for a bag of pucKS?
The whole family is bummed but not me.
Top minutes and I'll be in the seats hopIng the Couv hammer the Leafs. Thanks alot babs.

#166 5 years ago

Until babs leaves , on record, I'm a canucks fan. What you sat hwyhead? ? What is sports radio sayIng?

#167 5 years ago

I'll see him at Xmas.

#168 5 years ago

THE COUV Sean ???? Wtf

#169 5 years ago

The couv...I haven’t heard that in a while. I was fb friends w Brian Bradley-ex Canuck yrs ago..he used ‘the couv’ as well. He passed away a few years ago (rip) but I enjoyed talkin hockey w him. I was a lil pissed to hear my nux put Leipsic on waivers, just to hear that the queens picked him up. He wasn’t a great player (obviously) but I liked his motor n he did have some hands at times..I’ve been reading a bit about this Leivo guy..leafs fans sound upset him going..I’m sure that he’ll get a lot of ice time on the 2top lines..Boeser..Horvat..Pettersson..Virtanen..nux are struggling now, but some of us fans are still entertained and can see some talent upcoming..I can’t forget Demco and Hughes too...

#170 5 years ago

Check out Leivo vs wild interview clip on canucks.com website. 10pm game vs Wild tonight.

#171 5 years ago

Let's go Leivo!
We shall see what we shall see.
Wild ones take care of the Canucks rather well.

#172 5 years ago

And hey Philly, PA.
Out with the old in with the new:
Hextall for Fletcher.
Fletcher did alright with us up here in Mn. Took us to the playoffs six straight years. Just couldn't take us deep. IMO, not a very good judge of top shelf talent both figuratively or realistically.

#173 5 years ago

Leivo just scored a goal for the Couv!!!

I think he will do better in Vancouver

#174 5 years ago

Looks like the Calgary vs Columbus game had 5 field goals lol

#175 5 years ago

Ok with Seattle getting a team as announced to start in 2 years but dislike Coyotes move to central division. I like the rivalry against California teams as we are on west coast in a way

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Ok with Seattle getting a team as announced to start in 2 years but dislike Coyotes move to central division. I like the rivalry against California teams as we are on west coast in a way

I hated when Dallas had to play in the Pacific. Those 9:30 Central start times were the worst.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I hated when Dallas had to play in the Pacific. Those 9:30 Central start times were the worst.

I used to live in Atlantic Canada and they we're an hour behind Eastern time. The 7:30pm west coast games would only start at 11:30pm AST!! They would wrap up around 2am

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks like the Calgary vs Columbus game had 5 field goals lol

The goal tenders went out to eat
and left a post in the middle of the net.

#179 5 years ago

Fucking karma strikes Tom Wilson!!

Thank you Ryan Reaves!

** The League just announced there will be no discipline for the hit

#180 5 years ago

Honestly, I'd call that a fucking dive. Body shot putting him down like that?
I'm getting too old to enjoy people getting injured and all that but I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson drooling and shitting on himself by age 40.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fucking karma strikes Tom Wilson!!
Thank you Ryan Reaves!
** The League just announced there will be no discipline for the hit

the announcer saying it was blind side hit ..... he's partially right .... it was a hit to his side!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

the announcer saying it was blind side hit ..... he's partially right .... it was a hit to his side!

Wilson admiring his pass. Shoulder to shoulder....clean hit.

I don't take pleasure in guys getting hurt.....but it's nice to see a cheap shot artist get put in his place.

#183 5 years ago

Sidney meets Starporter Randy!!

550i7r3nnh221 (resized).jpg550i7r3nnh221 (resized).jpg
#184 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Body shot putting him down like that?.

I think his head hitting the ice is what put him down. Wilson will make sure his chin strap is tightened next game.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I think his head hitting the ice is what put him down. Wilson will make sure his chin strap is tightened next game.

Ahhhh I didn't really catch that the first time...ah yes the bounce. Good for him.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sidney meets Starporter Randy!!
[quoted image]

Of course Randy had to take his shirt off, LOL

bubbles.jpgbubbles.jpg
#187 5 years ago

Tim & Sid on the Reaves/Wilson hit, lol

1 week later
#188 5 years ago

6000 people at a panthers game??
Wow solution: move to Quebec.
Can't remember ever a panther fan on this thread. Not sure they exist .

#189 5 years ago

It was a travesty the team was making a playoff push at the end of the year with an empty arena. I fully support moving the Panthers to Quebec and renaming them the Nordiques.

#190 5 years ago

Haksol fired in Philly!

I say replace him with Gritty! It couldn't get any worse could it?

images.jpgimages.jpg
#191 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Haksol fired in Philly!

They reported Quinville getting hired yesterday but "unconfirmed". Today they say the deal isn't done cause he's skiing. /shrug

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

They reported Quinville getting hired yesterday but "unconfirmed". Today they say the deal isn't done cause he's skiing. /shrug

Screenshot_20181217-125706.pngScreenshot_20181217-125706.png
#193 5 years ago

You know things are bad in Chicago when the fans and team mascot throw down!

Pretty fowl thing to do by the fan, lol

#194 5 years ago

My mistake...

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Haksol fired in Philly!
[quoted image]

One of my best friends who is a Flyers fan been waiting for this day for a long time , he is thrilled and hates the mascot it’s funny for me being a Pens fan we have great fun.

#196 5 years ago

Carter Hart played good in his 1st NHL start although wasn't tested that much. Flyer's played good in front of him!!

#197 5 years ago

Went to the Flyer's game last night... was great to see everybody on the team come together to protect/support Carter. He looked pretty darn good for a 20 year old!

Not sure what was being said, but Gudas kept going to him to talk, hit his pads, and/or pat him on the head... honestly looked like a proud father talking with his son.

And sooooooo nice to NOT see Hakstol!

#198 5 years ago

Great to see the Kid play well and earn his first NHL win! I was rooting for him
Gritty the mascot is the best!!

#199 5 years ago

Gritty wishes everyone merry Christmas!!

IMG_20181225_204223.jpgIMG_20181225_204223.jpg
#200 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Went to the Flyer's game last night... was great to see everybody on the team come together to protect/support Carter. He looked pretty darn good for a 20 year old!
Not sure what was being said, but Gudas kept going to him to talk, hit his pads, and/or pat him on the head... honestly looked like a proud father talking with his son.
And sooooooo nice to NOT see Hakstol!

I was there too! Section 117 row 19 seat 4 , most lopsided game in terms of officiating I've ever seen. Maybe the Flyers can sign Quick (and Quinville) , let Neuvirth go , keep Elliot as the back up for 2 years till Hart takes over full time.

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.