20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.
#101 5 years ago

Sabres beat Ottawa 9-2 this afternoon. You can't argue scoring isn't up in the NHL!

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sabres beat Ottawa 9-2 this afternoon. You can't argue scoring isn't up in the NHL!

Or goaltending is down?

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Or goaltending is down?

Well I know there have been some goalies complaining about some of the equipment changes they have had to endure.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/impact-smaller-nhl-goalie-equipment-scoring/

Smaller goalie equipment may help with the high scoring. Combine that with bad goaltending, which we've seen.....and it's no wonder the goals are up!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I know there have been some goalies complaining about some of the equipment changes they have had to endure.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/impact-smaller-nhl-goalie-equipment-scoring/
Smaller goalie equipment may help with the high scoring. Combine that with bad goaltending, which we've seen.....and it's no wonder the goals are up!

Yeah the complaint is ...... the equipment doesn't take up as much space! It's complete BS that the equipment doesn't protect the goalies. For the last decade you had goalies that were 180lbs looking as though they were 270lbs.

#105 5 years ago

BTW ---- Matt Murray needs a glove that is 3' wide as he's getting burned so bad over the glove hand!

#106 5 years ago

Let's go Pens.

#107 5 years ago

5 SENS players sharing an uber ride didn't realize they were being recorded as they were trashing the coaching staff.
More troubles in Ottawa.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

5 SENS players sharing an uber ride didn't realize they were being recorded as they were trashing the coaching staff.
More troubles in Ottawa.

Video is in the link.

Great ad for Uber BTW, lol.

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach

#109 5 years ago

I am hereby declaring the
Mn Wild ones as HOT!
Won 7of 8 and have
allowed a single goal in half of 'em.
Nice.
Sharks tonight!

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I am hereby declaring the
Mn Wild ones as HOT!

Well that'll jinx em'

#111 5 years ago

Quenneville is fired..wow.. hawks aren’t off to a good start..he was the longest tenured coach too, and will still collect 6 million for this year and next! He’s still winning..bet the kings wish that they didn’t already sign Willie Desjardins..

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

BTW ---- Matt Murray needs a glove that is 3' wide as he's getting burned so bad over the glove hand!

Worst kept secret in hockey

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Quenneville is fired..wow.. hawks aren’t off to a good start..he was the longest tenured coach too, and will still collect 6 million for this year and next! He’s still winning..bet the kings wish that they didn’t already sign Willie Desjardins..

Off the Bahamas then consider options..good fit in Detroit

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Off the Bahamas then consider options..good fit in Detroit

Maybe Ottawa, lol

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Worst kept secret in hockey

Arthurs irbe used to make me laugh at the size of his eqpt...no more cheating
Can't remember the goalie but known for an extra flap below the jock strap

#116 5 years ago

Have to hook up for a sens/leafs game hue
What are leaf tickets in ottawa these days?
Been twice see bruins and leafs but years ago..

#117 5 years ago

Tickets are ridiculous in Toronto. ..Stanley Cup final prices? 5k a piece for outer space seats?

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have to hook up for a sens/leafs game hue
What are leaf tickets in ottawa these days?
Been twice see bruins and leafs but years ago..

I would be game for that bacon....but I'm in Edmonton.

If you're ever out my way, let me know! We could take in an Oilers game and you could tell me more stories about your Truman life existence

#119 5 years ago

Lol!! Have many updates
Pens / caps tonight ..nice!

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Well that'll jinx em'

Sure did.
Put the whammy on 'em.

ALTHOUGH... the Wild ones
did tie it at three midway through the third.
Had the fight just couldn't get the winner.

1 week later
#121 5 years ago

Sure is quiet in here...

#122 5 years ago

Well I'm not happy Hagelin left that's for sure. But I guess the point needed to be made that th Pens will trade your ass no matter how well liked you are, and for a player worse than you.

Before they were winning with video game numbers, then dropping 5 in a row; ouch

#123 5 years ago

Licking my wounds after a resounding defeat at the hands of the Capitals 5-2.
Straight-up got slapped!
Really thought the boys would fare much better after an exceptional 5-2 roadtrip.

#124 5 years ago

Wishes that the leafs do something w Nylander..tired of hearing his name. Trade him to Carolina and get a D man..

#125 5 years ago

Fantasy hockey league I am in makes me watch so much more especially when the Pens my team in last, how?

#126 5 years ago

Apparently the 1st home game after a long road trip is NOT the one to attend,
i.e. 5-2 Capitals over Wild.
Apparently the 2nd home
game IS the one to attend,
i.e. Wild over Canucks 6-2.

I'll remember this hockey wisdom the next time I drop a fifty to attend.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Fantasy hockey league I am in makes me watch so much more especially when the Pens my team in last, how?

It’s early....penguins always hit their stride during the month of February. No worries for this Pens fan!

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Apparently the 1st home game after a long road trip is NOT the one to attend,
i.e. 5-2 Capitals over Wild.
Apparently the 2nd home
game IS the one to attend,
i.e. Wild over Canucks 6-2.
I'll remember this hockey wisdom the next time I drop a fifty to attend.

Haha! So true

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Wishes that the leafs do something w Nylander..tired of hearing his name. Trade him to Carolina and get a D man..

How is the sports talk in BC? I listen to the fan590 a lot...pretty much the only radio I listen to. (Great Saturday morning show for hunting and fishing enthusiasts) ..The Nylander talk is endless take your money somewhere else and get out of town Willy your already rich beyond your dreams. Totally agree to trade his skinny ass for a nice D man. Trouba would be a nice fit or what about Marner and Nylander straight up for Toews and Kane? ...just sayin

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I'm not happy Hagelin left that's for sure. But I guess the point needed to be made that th Pens will trade your ass no matter how well liked you are, and for a player worse than you.
Before they were winning with video game numbers, then dropping 5 in a row; ouch

Got Gonchar?

#131 5 years ago

Nylander to Carolina for Dougie Hamilton?

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How is the sports talk in BC? I listen to the fan590 a lot...pretty much the only radio I listen to. (Great Saturday morning show for hunting and fishing enthusiasts) ..The Nylander talk is endless take your money somewhere else and get out of town Willy your already rich beyond your dreams. Totally agree to trade his skinny ass for a nice D man. Trouba would be a nice fit or what about Marner and Nylander straight up for Toews and Kane? ...just sayin

I listen to team 1040 a lot here..they still talk about our inconsistency tween the pipes; Elias Pettersson..how Horvat should be wearing the C already..it’s hockey talk 90% of the time, now that the caps n Lions season is done. I kinda wish that the nux would trade Tanev; he’s a solid d men- when healthy n deserves to have a chance to play w a good team..

#133 5 years ago

Matt Hoffman's point streak continues in Florida.

His wife being a cyber bully to Erik Karlsson's wife in Ottawa was the best thing to happen to his career! Lol

#134 5 years ago

The son and I were at the Flyers game yesterday... it was a madhouse the last 15 or so minutes of the game! Even though they lost in OT it was *the* most exciting AHL/NHL game we've ever been to.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Nucks looked like key stone cops last night!
Good grief

#136 5 years ago

This drunk Habs fan became a viral hit on hockey night in Canada, lol

Thomas....Tataaaaaaaaar!

#137 5 years ago

Hitchcock to Edmonton ..ok mixup the lines
Still need the players

#138 5 years ago

Pens are in trouble

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Nucks looked like key stone cops last night!
Good grief

I glanced at the game last nite; was watching my chefs vs rams..I saw at 1 point that the shots were 22-5 jets or something like that in the 1st. Back to reality for the nux..mediocre goaltending, turnovers..but we’re not the oilers..lol

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hitchcock to Edmonton ..ok mixup the lines
Still need the players

I've always liked Hitchcock. He's got sharp elbows

#141 5 years ago

Rockin' the old baby blue sports jackets on HNIC

IMG_20181124_170404.jpgIMG_20181124_170404.jpg
#142 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Rockin' the old baby blue sports jackets on HNIC[quoted image]

...must've been a boy...

#143 5 years ago

6-0 leafs win over flyers mostly by third and 4th lines

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

6-0 leafs win over flyers mostly by third and 4th lines

First Leafs hat trick on the Flyers in 28 years, and they gave it up in the first period!

The game AFTER they shut out the Rangers 4-0

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

...must've been a boy...

It was 'Hockey fights cancer' night and all the old school sports jackets worn we're auctioned for charity.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

First Leafs hat trick on the Flyers in 28 years, and they gave it up in the first period!
The game AFTER they shut out the Rangers 4-0

No fight from the flyers, toughest flyer was Gritty! ..love the new mascot

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It was 'Hockey fights cancer' night and all the old school sports jackets worn we're auctioned for charity.

All the better!

#148 5 years ago

Laine with 5 goals last night. That's 3 hat tricks for the month of November. Like a boss!!

IMG_20181125_170439.jpgIMG_20181125_170439.jpg
#149 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Laine with 5 goals last night. That's 3 hat tricks for the month of November. Like a boss!![quoted image]

Spectacular!
A lot of players
don't get 5 in a month.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Spectacular!
A lot of players
don't get 5 in a month.

And by scoring 5 goals he made some dude in Manitoba a millionaire!! (50K a year for 20 years)

https://www.bardown.com/patrik-laine-made-a-jets-fan-a-millionaire-by-completing-jets-5-goal-challenge-1.1215522

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/3?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.