20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.
#1051 4 years ago

My god. The video above is the best thing a Blues fan could watch. It tells the whole story. I have seen at least 70% of those heartbreaks.

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No. That team moved out of town.

And became the St. Louis Eagles in 1934. They had one NHL season. Crazy.

#1053 4 years ago

Spent the afternoon with Stanley !

20190613_192134 (resized).jpg20190613_192134 (resized).jpg20190613_194035 (resized).jpg20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
#1054 4 years ago

Being a Pens fan and hockey my favorite sport to watch glad Blues won. I had a die hard Blues friend go to game 6 who I will see next week. Bruins outplayed them in the 1st and shoots just could not go in and hit goalie in the right places instead of missing the pads. Who would have thought the Blues could pull it off, I had two players on my fantasy team for 2 months that did nothing and my teammate made me keep too long but guess he does not care now that His team won the Cup. Until next year here were the odds from espn article from Jan 3rd.

2A5F3415-F2B7-418D-9EFD-6AA489F3D307 (resized).jpeg2A5F3415-F2B7-418D-9EFD-6AA489F3D307 (resized).jpeg
#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I sincerely hope the Blues make a deep push into the playoffs again next year and prove all the naysayers wrong about it being a fluke.

Dont worry about whether it's a fluke or not....just enjoy it as you never know it may be another 49 years before you get to see it again, just ask the Leafs fans! (no dig intended) Or the Caps .... they won last year and were an early exit this year! However I still say the CAPS were a fluke to win!

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

However I still say the CAPS were a fluke to win!

Haha.

#1057 4 years ago

I’m looking forward to the draft next week: free agency not far away as well. There’s a lot of big names that could be moving. My Canucks need a lot of help, but have some cap space to work with. They need to resign Brock Boeser, and then I’d like them to pursue a top 2 D man..a PK Subban would be a great acquisition, but at what length/cost..

#1058 4 years ago

Not trying to be the typical person that says the CAPS %$##$$ or anything. I am probably one of the few Penguins fans that is an Ovie fan. Love how he plays a physical game and no denying he's one of the best goal scorers in the history of the game but team player .... he's not. He's not that guy that's going to make the great pass or play. Have to admit it's ironic that all these years Ovie played in the playoffs and lost he was a leader in ice time. They win the cup and what was the one main thing the did..... reduced his ice time.... a lot!

The Caps are a decent team but not great! The needed things to happen and when you look at the teams they played last year it couldn't of been a better of a lineup for them! All this and not to mention the really early exit this year!

#1059 4 years ago

I mean they did beat some good teams last year. I would say Ovi also played a pretty big role in last years run other than just scoring goals. They finally got the depth scoring they needed and it all came together.

As far as this year goes, a lot of teams were upset. The east was crazy. A sweep in every round.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

A sweep in every round.

Pens swept...by a team that was swept....by a team that was swept....

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pens swept...by a team that was swept....by a team that was swept....

Haha yeah, I was half expecting the bruins to get swept in the final.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

Spent the afternoon with Stanley ![quoted image][quoted image]

Thats awesome!!... I'll be doing that Monday but with the Raptors

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Thats awesome!!... I'll be doing that Monday but with the Raptors

Congrats!

#1064 4 years ago

Found this on another site, cracked me up...

62418531_2748753875199907_1114731703382835200_n[1] (resized).jpg62418531_2748753875199907_1114731703382835200_n[1] (resized).jpg
#1065 4 years ago

Just watched the Blues Championship parade on NHL network, still fun even as a Pens fan would have hated it or not watched if Bruins won, just saying.

#1066 4 years ago

I can’t be the only one a lil excited for 2days draft? Who’s going where, what team trades up/down picks..can’t wait for the free agency frenzy on July 1st too. On Canada day of all days. And I hope the hometown here in Vancouver gives the count errr Mr. Bettmann some big time boos....

#1067 4 years ago

Free agency yes, the draft no. Not to mention NHL draft which is just the weirdest.creepiest thing ever.

#1068 4 years ago

First weekend of summer boys! ..almost finished rescuing this little guy. My wife's crazy sister asked to keep as a pet! Lmfao
Looking forward to draft! Beware of the Couv.

20190613_114525 (resized).jpg20190613_114525 (resized).jpg
#1069 4 years ago

Just heard new rule for 2019 season. helmet leaves head must leave the ice. Goodbye fighting?

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just heard new rule for 2019 season. helmet leaves head must leave the ice. Goodbye fighting?

Haha...well I'm pretty sure when people are fighting they are supposed to leave the ice too.

#1071 4 years ago

Agree...so does another penalty get added on?

#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

But this is during play....so if a helmet comes off during play the player has to go straight to the bench. When a fight occurs the players, currently, are not allowed to take their helmets off and when a fight happens it's not during play as the whistle is blown ending play. It's just another step to end concussions and for the NHL to say they're doing everything they can to end them.

#1073 4 years ago

Agree again but technicaly would another 2 minutes be added to major? If the play ends and the fight starts, major for fighting plus another 2 for helmet removal.

#1074 4 years ago

What a stupid situation. Add another 2 minutes to put the goons in the box...5 on 5. I would like to see the rule explanation

#1075 4 years ago

So if a fight begins to start, and only one player removes helmet and other player skates away?

#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So if a fight begins to start, and only one player removes helmet and other player skates away?

Remember there is already a rule in effect that players are not allowed to remove their helmets before a fight. Players use to take them off but few years ago the NHL made a rule where the players are not allowed to remove them. Rule 46.6

#1077 4 years ago

Sure sure and Remeber when they said anyone involved on a fight in the playoffs/cup would be suspended the next game? Then Malkin and Datsuk dropped the gloves and that rule just evaporated.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure and Remeber when they said anyone involved on a fight in the playoffs/cup would be suspended the next game? Then Malkin and Datsuk dropped the gloves and that rule just evaporated.

Well you have to remember back in the early 90's the NHL came out and said their rules were at the discretion of the official. So it's basically Rule 0.0 that states all rules within the NHL are only called if the official sees fit!

#1079 4 years ago

When I start posting pictures of birds it's time to bid this thread adieu.

#1080 4 years ago

so Ryan Hartman tweeted about going off grid for a week, then got traded. His twitter got blown up, I laughed.

https://twitter.com/rhartzy18/status/1142094131034021888?s=21

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

so Ryan Hartman tweeted about going off grid for a week, then got traded. His twitter got blown up, I laughed.
https://twitter.com/rhartzy18/status/1142094131034021888?s=21

Thanks for the laugh!

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

When I start posting pictures of birds it's time to bid this thread adieu.

WAIT they just posted the Penguins Schedule for next season! Penguins home opener is 3 months and 1 week away!

#1083 4 years ago

I can’t stand the maple leafs, but interesting to see what happens w M. Marner..Dubas has work cut out on a team that is against the cap..bring on the free agency deadline!

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I can’t stand the maple leafs, but interesting to see what happens w M. Marner.
He will sign. I

#1085 4 years ago

Mesz...I see the Couv in Pitts November. That's the game ..my wife can ship for Xmas while I drink my face off at your place. I'll ask josh to see us after the game.

#1086 4 years ago

Kessel traded to Yotes, not sure how I feel about being a Pens fan and fan of Yotes.

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Kessel traded to Yotes, not sure how I feel about being a Pens fan and fan of Yotes.

Now if they can only trade Letang.....

#1088 4 years ago

Ok here's one for all the experts: why does hockey have a point based system when all the other major sports are based on record?

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Ok here's one for all the experts: why does hockey have a point based system when all the other major sports are based on record?

Perception of parity. With the over time losses teams can look like they're better than they are. It's called being over nhl 500.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Perception of parity. With the over time losses teams can look like they're better than they are. It's called being over nhl 500.

Nice try but the NHL system goes back much further than OT losses.

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yeah, thats true. I was thinking he meant the current system since is not a clean win/lose/tie. I'm guessing anytime you throw ties into the mix it's easier to go with points. Same deal with soccer, not so much the nfl due to the rarity. Could have just went with winning percentage brfore the otl rules I guess. So question is still up in the air.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Just my 2 cents .... I still think the whole OTL was the dumbest thing the NHL came out with. I don't think you should get a point for a loss! How many times you see a team hang on in the final minutes of the game, instead of trying to win, so they can get a point?

Also, think the NHL should look into what the NBA is doing with shortening the season. NHL season is too long!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Mesz...I see the Couv in Pitts November. That's the game ..my wife can ship for Xmas while I drink my face off at your place. I'll ask josh to see us after the game.

I wont be back in Pittsburgh till December but PM me and see if we can work something out!

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just my 2 cents .... I still think the whole OTL was the dumbest thing the NHL came out with.

I hate it too, but I get why they did it. A casual fan can look at the standings and it appears their team is better than they are. Annoying in one way, yet brilliant in another.

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I hate it too, but I get why they did it. A casual fan can look at the standings and it appears their team is better than they are. Annoying in one way, yet brilliant in another.

Yeah agree! That was the case with the Penguins this year, take away the OTL points and they would've either not made the playoffs or just made the last spot!

#1095 4 years ago

I don’t mind the extra point for going to OT..3 on 3 and all the open ice is fun to watch. So much parody in the league..when it all comes down to it, regulation wins after 3 periods is the deciding factor if 2 teams are tied w points..and happy free agency day u puck heads!!

#1096 4 years ago

Wow senators just loading up with ex leaf garbage today. Zaitsev, Brown, Ennis,hainsey

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow senators just loading up with ex leaf garbage today. Zaitsev, Brown, Ennis,hainsey

This isn't surprising.

Eugene Melnyk reminds me of the owner of the Cleveland Indians in the movie "Major League." Hell bent on imploding the team in order to facilitate a move to another city. (Destroyed by design)

#1098 4 years ago

OTL: the longer teams look like they can make the playoffs, the better the attendance as season winds down. Makes for great playoff possibility talk on sports talk in the last month of the season. It’s about keeping fan interest as long as possible. Especially in all these warm weather cities the NHL plays in now.

Gary Bettman came from the NBA

#1099 4 years ago

1 minute to go! Hope the Devils can pick up somebody today.

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

1 minute to go! Hope the Devils can pick up somebody today.

What do you think of the PK Subban acquisition?

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.