1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,123 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 102 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190806_193345 (resized).jpg
20190806_193106 (resized).jpg
20190719_131421 (resized).jpg
mt (resized).jpg
20190613_114525 (resized).jpg
62418531_2748753875199907_1114731703382835200_n[1] (resized).jpg
2A5F3415-F2B7-418D-9EFD-6AA489F3D307 (resized).jpeg
20190613_192134 (resized).jpg
20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.
#1001 7 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Sorry about your lack of class rascal.

thehuemanatee rolling through Pinside like
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif

#1002 7 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

thehuemanatee rolling through like[quoted image]

I don't drink wine. But I do have a top hat and monocle.

#1003 7 months ago

Boston fan and got to hand it to the Blues.

Binnington played out of his mind with such composure in the net. Did he even know it was game 7 for the cup?!

I know for a fact that ST. Louis has some of the best fans with baseball and I am sure Hockey is similar also.

As a Boston fan I have been playing with house money for 20 years. Really unbelievable, but tonight the Blues showed up big and it was not our time like it has been for so long.

Enjoy it St Louis. The toughest championship to get in pro sports. IMHO

#1004 7 months ago

Oh full disclosure on me being a Bruins fan. I grew up in Maine.

#1005 7 months ago

Congrats to the Blues fans or anyone who just wanted to see Boston lose. The sad thing to me as a Bruins fan, is that they deserved to win tonight. They played better and harder and seemed like they wanted it more. The Blues were not all that hot tonight. The Bruins lost because Rask sucks when it is an important game. When Boston is up by 4 or 5 goals, Rask is on fire. When they need a win or go home, he sends the rest of the team packing. If the Red Sox needed a win, and Ortiz stepped up to the plate, there was confidence in him. With Rask in a big game I have none. 2 goals in 4 shots? I knew it was over. It was like when all he had to do against the Blackhawks in 2013 hang on for a few seconds, and he let two in inside of 17 seconds. The Bruins will never win a cup with him in net. Just my 2 cents. I wish Boston would shit can him.
I am not being a salty fan. I think it's cool that the blues never won, and now they get to bring a championship home. Their goalie was awesome. I wish he was wearing black and gold next year. As for this year I think Tukka singlehandedly blew the game for them. Just like he blows in the biggest games of the year.

#1006 7 months ago

As a Bruin's fan, I give full credit to St. Louis. Over the years I have always thought now there's a team who has done the hard yards over the decades, and no cup to show for it. They have deserved a cup after 50+ years in the league.

Credit to Boston too though, to push all the way to a 7th game in the final is no easy feat. And, with Rask. Unlike the previous comment, I disagree. Rask does not "suck", what sucks is fans such as mcclad who shit all over a single player. What if Boston had won? Would you be making the same comment? Boston and St. Louis were pretty much 50/50 down the line, could have easily gone either way.

#1007 7 months ago

Yes I would still hate Rask and think that he sucks in a big game even if the Bruins won tonight. The bottom line is that the blues put more points on the board and that is why they won. I honestly belive that one factor in the points scored, was that it was not that hard to get the puck past Rask. In the first period all action was in front of the Blues net. The couple of times that it was in Boston's zone resulted in two goals that did not like like they would have been too hard to stop. Yes, a team loses as a team but I think tonight the loss is because Rask sucked. I am not the only one in the area who thinks he is not a good playoff guy to have on your team when you need a win. You have your opinion and this is mine. I am surprised that the Bruins won game 6 since that was a do or die game. Turkka seems to go cold when you need him the most.

#1008 7 months ago

Just really can't believe the blues pulled it off, what a crazy season. With all of my other favorites being WI teams, I just anticipate devastating losses. This is a good one. Crazy how much Blues gear I've seen in the area lately, normally this is pretty strict Blackhawks territory.

Just razzing on the Boston sports thing. I love the enthusiasm, but gotta scoff at the homer types that think Edelmann is a HOFer. I'm actually headed to Boston to pay my respects to Fenway at the end of July.

#1009 7 months ago

Did someone say Oilers? Our turn next year..........not fn likely

#1010 7 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Yes I would still hate Rask and think that he sucks in a big game even if the Bruins won tonight. The bottom line is that the blues put more points on the board and that is why they won. I honestly belive that one factor in the points scored, was that it was not that hard to get the puck past Rask. In the first period all action was in front of the Blues net. The couple of times that it was in Boston's zone resulted in two goals that did not like like they would have been too hard to stop. Yes, a team loses as a team but I think tonight the loss is because Rask sucked. I am not the only one in the area who thinks he is not a good playoff guy to have on your team when you need a win. You have your opinion and this is mine. I am surprised that the Bruins won game 6 since that was a do or die game. Turkka seems to go cold when you need him the most.

I get what you are saying about Rask and if it were my team i’d prob think the same. But with no bias this series i saw it this way. Rask didn’t lose it - Binnington won it. Just like Rask did so many times these playoffs to even get them to the finals. In football, defense wins championships. Same in hockey. This series could of gone either way and both would of deserved it. Tonight it was the Blues.

Go Oilers!

#1011 7 months ago

Huge props to the Bruins. Great series, great run, and definitely our toughest opponent IMO.

It certainly seemed it could go either way. I feel fortunate frankly, that Bennington won the game for my Blue Note.

My father passed away three years ago. He had been sick for a while, and I had turned him, like many St. Louisans are, into a diehard Blues fan like myself. I hoped, prayed, and made deals with the sky to allow my best friend to see this before he was taken. It didn't work, but I would like to think he is looking down smiling, cheering, and as emotional as I am. The whole city benefited from this. A lot. I know I did.

Thanks to all of you out of town guys who were supporting us. It was one helluva ride.

#1012 7 months ago

As a Dallas fan...this hurts a bit. We we're exactly 1/2 inch from the puck crossing the goal and winning our series...
I feel this could've been us.
Hopefully next year.

Great finals series though!

#1013 7 months ago

I remember Jake Allen being the hero a year or two ago. Binnington was also pulled in this series. Goalies are like closing pitchers, they can lose it real quick, and the truly great ones are few.

Binnington did incredible as a rookie to secure the cup. He's achieved immortality in that city.

#1014 7 months ago

Lord stanley is finally in the Lou!!!! Boston is a whiny ass team with the most classless fans i have ever witnessed.

#1015 7 months ago

Finally! Can't believe we freaking did it! Can't wait for the parade.

#1016 7 months ago

I wonder if St. Louis drank Marchands tears from the cup, LOL.

That's priceless!
images.jpg

#1017 7 months ago

Congratulations Blues!

#1018 7 months ago

As a Bruin fan and a Phantoms season ticket holder, Flyers AHL affiliate. I watched the Phantoms beat up on Binnington, who played for the Providence Bruins, last year in the playoffs. I didn't think the Blues had a chance with him in goal in the cup final. Boy was I wrong. Congrats to the Blues, Binnington, and to Craig Berube on an incredible season. Blues fans enjoy this great win! What a great final!

#1019 7 months ago

Congrats Blues fans.

#1020 7 months ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Congrats Blues fans. As a Caps fan and getting to finally experience it last year I know how good it feels.

#1021 7 months ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

My father passed away three years ago. He had been sick for a while, and I had turned him, like many St. Louisans are, into a diehard Blues fan like myself. I hoped, prayed, and made deals with the sky to allow my best friend to see this before he was taken. It didn't work, but I would like to think he is looking down smiling, cheering, and as emotional as I am. The whole city benefited from this. A lot. I know I did.

I understand what you are going through. I did the same thing with all my relatives who were not here to see the Red Sox win in 2004. All I could think about was my grandfathers and grandmother, aunts and uncles who were not here to see it. I couldn’t call them after they won. I could only think of them after the Sox win, so it was bittersweet.

Think of this Blues win as a win for your Father, who wasn’t here to see it. This will be his Championship. The next one will be yours.

#1022 7 months ago

"NHL fans sure enjoyed seeing Brad Marchand cry after Bruins' Game 7 loss"

Ha too true. Congrats to da Blues and fuck the Bruins.

#1023 7 months ago

Congratulations to the Blues! What an amazing comeback from being dead last in the entire NHL in early January to win the Cup!

Binnington was amazing in goal last night and you could really tell the Blues wanted it bad.

It was a bonus for me to see the Bruins lose and especially in front of their horrible sportsmanship filled home town crowd! There is no other team I’d rather see lose more than the Bruins.

What an amazing run for the Blues! Congrats!

#1024 7 months ago

Congrats to the Champion Blues!

Look out for the Sockeyes come 2021!

#1025 7 months ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Huge props to the Bruins. Great series, great run, and definitely our toughest opponent IMO.
It certainly seemed it could go either way. I feel fortunate frankly, that Bennington won the game for my Blue Note.
Thanks to all of you out of town guys who were supporting us. It was one helluva ride.

I am sorry that your father was not around to see his team win the cup. If he was your best friend he was probably a great guy. I like to think of things this way. A good father puts his footprints upon this earth and then gives us the chance to do the same. It's kind of like him passing the torch. Yes he may be gone, but at least you got to see it in your lifetime. I am glad that you did. Enjoy it enough for the both of you. Congratulations on the win.

#1026 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats to the Champion Blues!
Look out for the Sockeyes come 2021!

Did they officially name the team? I knew Sockeye was a contender.

#1027 7 months ago

No - TBD yet.

#1028 7 months ago

Finally! #IBLEEDBLUE #YEABUDDY #BRICKSHOT #OHYEA

#1029 7 months ago

What a series and playoffs. I truly enjoyed it all. Congratulations to the Blues and welcome to the cup winners club along with my team, the Devils.

This leaves Sharks, Panthers, Sabers, Senators, Blue Jackets, Predators, Jets, Wild, Golden Knights, Coyotes, and Canucks as the teams that haven't won it all yet.

Out of those teams, all have played for a cup except the Blue Jackets, Jets, Wild, and Coyotes.

Correct me if I am wrong.

#1030 7 months ago

Uff that name is horrendous. They should combine 2 and make it the "metropolitan emeralds" and have an emerald with a top hot. Even totems was better...although a stationary object isn't popular.

#1031 7 months ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

What a series and playoffs. I truly enjoyed it all. Congratulations to the Blues and welcome to the cup winners club along with my team, the Devils.
This leaves Sharks, Panthers, Sabers, Senators, Blue Jackets, Predators, Jets, Wild, Golden Knights, Coyotes, and Canucks as the teams that haven't won it all yet.
Out of those teams, all have played for a cup except the Blue Jackets, Jets, Wild, and Coyotes.
Correct me if I am wrong.

The original Ottawa Senators (founded in 1883) won 11 Stanley cups.

#1032 7 months ago

The original Ottawa Senators (founded in 1883) won 11 Stanley cups.

I knew that but does that count?

#1033 7 months ago

No. That team moved out of town.

#1034 7 months ago

It's a technicality lol

#1035 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that name is horrendous. They should combine 2 and make it the "metropolitan emeralds" and have an emerald with a top hot. Even totems was better...although a stationary object isn't popular.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of that name....or totems either. I'm curious what they'll come up with though.

#1036 7 months ago

I'm curious what they'll come up with though.

Seals? I know, that's lame but hey isn't penguins a lame name for a hockey team too?

#1037 7 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Binnington played out of his mind with such composure in the net

He was unstoppable!! Should have been Bruins up 3-0 in the 1st if it wasn't for Binnington.
Congrats Blues!!

#1038 7 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I know, that's lame but hey isn't penguins a lame name for a hockey team too?

It makes more sense than a Red Wing.

#1039 7 months ago

There is an awesome video from last night when Parayko lifts the Cup with Laila. I love the Devils but Parayko might now be my favorite player.

#1040 7 months ago

Red Wing Fan here. Loved that St. Louis won. Hats off to them. Great game and series!

#1041 7 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Seals? I know, that's lame but hey isn't penguins a lame name for a hockey team too?

Seals was already used! California Golden Seals were a professional ice hockey club that competed in the National Hockey League (NHL) from 1967 to 1976 (source Wiki). So since they played in the NHL I don't think they can use the Seals name

#1042 7 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Bruins lost because Rask sucks

I don't disagree with what you're saying about Rask and big games as he has had a tendency to lose some big ones but go back and look at the goals the Blues scored. The 4 goals, the first one was deflected in front so not sure you can blame him there. The next 3 were basically breakaways as the Blues scorer was able to walk in unchallenged. So when I look at the 4 goals MAYBE you can say Rask should've had his stick between the legs to cover the 5 hole but he was playing the puck coming in high then it was deflected.

This is a perspective of someone that's not a Bruins fan so one would think I would just say Rask blew it but I can't say that about this game! I think if you have to blame someone it would be the D in general as the D just left guys open.

#1043 7 months ago

Rask was the toast of the town the last month+

#1044 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It makes more sense than a Red Wing.

A Red Wing is a bird , its no different than calling your team the Pelicans or Ducks.

#1045 7 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

A Red Wing is a bird , its no different than calling your team the Pelicans or Ducks.

No, that is unrelated. Unless you think the bird has a wheel on it?

#1046 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah a lot of people don't realize the logo is actually derived from Cycling and nothing to do with hockey. The owner of Detroit at the time liked the wheel logo and thought it was a good fit being that Detroit was the Automotive capital of the world!

#1047 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its an amalgamation of the cycling logo, a bird wing and a reference to the motor city. Unless you think wheels have wings?
Makes more sense than a piston to me; they took the part of the motor that gets exploded on a thousand times a minute :p

Happy to see Schenn lift the cup, had no idea that Michael Del Zotto was even on the Blues, and big ups to Berube. He's a rock solid coach and another good guy that Philly let get away. I sincerely hope the Blues make a deep push into the playoffs again next year and prove all the naysayers wrong about it being a fluke.

#1048 7 months ago

Another thing... Craig Berube is the INTERIM Head Coach. I'd be pretty baffled if the first part of that title isn't dropped..

#1049 7 months ago

Congrats to all the Blues fans!

For Seattle I like Metropolitans.

Now who do the Devils pick??? Tough decision. My plan draft Hughes, draft his brother if possible, then Quinn will eventually sign as a free agent.

#1050 7 months ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 89.99
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 19.99
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 12.00
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.95
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 209.99
$ 47.00
$ 104.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside