20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.
#851 4 years ago

Just Reported Minnesota kicking the tires hard for Phil Kessel

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just Reported Minnesota kicking the tires hard for Phil Kessel

Add a couple double cheeseburgers n it’ll happen..anybody else catch that crazy last second goal tween the Swiss/Canadians game yesterday? Mark Stone is on

#853 4 years ago

Imagine Leivo soft passes to a player like Stone? GO COUV!

#854 4 years ago

I love watching hockey. It's always bothered me that Wisconsin doesn't have a professional team (there are plenty of theories as to why that may be). When I was growing up, the Blues were a really fun team to watch with the likes of CuJo, Shanahan, Hull, and for one year, even Gretzky. They gained my allegiance way back then.

I refused to root for a team from Chicago, even as a youngster. That means it's been a pretty lonely experience being a Blues fan in my parts, but I've seen some STL gear as of recently, so that's pretty neat.

It's been a really crazy ride this year. I had very high expectations going into the year, only to feel like we were completely out of it by xmas. What a great story, and boy I'd love to finally see the Blues raise the cup.

#855 4 years ago

So the nhl draft is here in Hongcouver n a short bit..tix sell out for the 1st day in less then 10 minutes! Guess I’ll just watch at home and see what J. Benning does w the 10th pick..

#856 4 years ago

The NHL deserves to be in Wisconsin more than Phoenix or Florida. ..can we say Carolina as well?

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The NHL deserves to be in Wisconsin more than Phoenix or Florida. ..can we say Carolina as well?

Florida as well but Quebec, I would think, would get a team before Wisconsin

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I love watching hockey. It's always bothered me that Wisconsin doesn't have a professional team (there are plenty of theories as to why that may be). When I was growing up, the Blues were a really fun team to watch with the likes of CuJo, Shanahan, Hull, and for one year, even Gretzky. They gained my allegiance way back then.
I refused to root for a team from Chicago, even as a youngster. That means it's been a pretty lonely experience being a Blues fan in my parts, but I've seen some STL gear as of recently, so that's pretty neat.
It's been a really crazy ride this year. I had very high expectations going into the year, only to feel like we were completely out of it by xmas. What a great story, and boy I'd love to finally see the Blues raise the cup.

The Admirals are a pro team , though I know you are referring to the NHL.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

The Admirals are a pro team , though I know you are referring to the NHL.

Yep. They claimed to have used the admirals as an indicator to determine whether the state could support an nhl team. I dont think that's really much of a litmus test, myself.

Another rumor was that we had the chance to secure the panthers(?), but after looking at what the potential roster would be they passed.

Another rumor is the blackhawks had an arrangement with the nhl to keep a team out of WI so as to not cannibalize their market.

It's a little silly that CA has 3 teams, FL 2.. but oh well.

It's been a fun ride supporting the Blues. I've made it to STL on 2 separate occasions to catch a game, and as recently as earlier this year. I really like the city, too.

#861 4 years ago

It's a little silly that CA has 3 teams, FL 2.. but oh well.

Not really, CA has just shy of 40 million people and Florida has 21 million. Whereas WI is just shy of 6 million. I guess with Milwaukee you could argue that it has 600k people whereas several NHL cities have a lot less.

Honestly .... I think the NHL has erred in having 32 NHL Teams. They should've never expanded that much. You have at least a half dozen teams that cant fill their arena's! Take Carolina for instance, they played some great playoff hockey but yet they still were selling tickets for $30 that included a hot dog and drink and still had difficulties getting games sold out!

AZ continues to a black eye on the NHL. NHL had to own the team for years so it wouldn't flop. Now the current ownership had to send a letter out in January assuring it's fans that they're seeking a new owner/investor but that new owner/investor would keep the team in AZ ..... talk about the kiss of death!

#862 4 years ago

It's not hard to figure out, the old saying "the answer to all of your questions is money" is simple here.
Small TV markets are not in line to get new teams and Wisconsin has no big market.

#863 4 years ago

Wisconsin would be a great supporter of an NHL team...Chicago vs Wisconsin ? Packer green colours

#864 4 years ago

This has been one long layoff.
The guys should have gone at it by now.
Why waste a weekend?
Waiting till Monday has been hard.
Let's go already!

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

This has been one long layoff.
The guys should have gone at it by now.
Why waste a weekend?
Waiting till Monday has been hard.
Let's go already!

I agree, but getting my fix by watching the IIHF in Slovakia..great game by the Fins over Russia earlier..now the Canadians playing The Czech..

#866 4 years ago

As a Stl fan without a decent NFL team (for decades minus a couple of miraculous years of the greatest show on turf before the team was sold to Satan err Stan) I have always latched on to the Pack. It's a reciprocal relationship! Thanks for cheering on our Blues!

#867 4 years ago

I enjoyed that nhl video hate teams that appears to have been removed on breakdown of the playoffs. As for Phoenix they put the arena in wring area in Glendale instead of Phoenix, Tempe, or Scottsdale which would have helped the attendance during the week games.

#868 4 years ago

Stanley Cup
Game 1
Here we go boys!

#869 4 years ago

3 useless shots in the 2nd period Blues????
Cassidy out coached berube big time especially juggling top line

#870 4 years ago

Should the Blues lose the series they will never forget GM 1, up 2-0, in Boston,
as the one that got away and cost 'em the cup.

#871 4 years ago

It's only game 1....still early.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

3 useless shots in the 2nd period Blues????
Cassidy out coached berube big time especially juggling top line

Not to mention the 2 back to back cross checking penalties, on players not even close to the puck, the Blues took!!!

#873 4 years ago

I don't get too excited until a road team wins.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not to mention the 2 back to back cross checking penalties, on players not even close to the puck, the Blues took!!!

Forgot about the bone head penalties
Must win game 2 for blues imo

#875 4 years ago

Blues 0-13 in Cup final games. Bruins looked just like I thought, and was afraid of.

#876 4 years ago

Shoot-less Blues in game 1 hoping for more competitiveness from them tomorrow

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Shoot-less Blues in game 1 hoping for more competitiveness from them tomorrow

Couldn't agree more

#878 4 years ago

More I think about it , more I think Wisconsin would be a great move for a struggling NHL team.
Time for relentless sports radio call-ins with this request!

#879 4 years ago

Blues sticking with the “let’s take asinine penalties” game plan!

#880 4 years ago

Now the series gets interesting.

#881 4 years ago

So you're excited now?

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So you're excited now?

Yes, yes I am. Hopefully they can carry this onto STL and get a couple of more before going back to Boston.

#883 4 years ago

Soooo glad St Lou won one in Boston.
Time for some home cookin'

#884 4 years ago

Blues have a better record on the road this year. So kinda nervous

#885 4 years ago

Playin' for the Cup for the first time
in almost 50yrs.
They will be rocking the
joint no doubt and I'm thinking the Blues will follow suit. They should have momentum heading into Gm 3 as well.

#886 4 years ago

Sundqvist suspended 3 games because Grzelcyk places himself in a dangerous position, lol. What a farce

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sundqvist suspended 3 games...

Calm down...he's only suspended FOR game 3

But it's a little ticky tack for sure. Guess that's what happens when no one knows whom the fuck you are.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Calm down...he's only suspended FOR game 3
But it's a little ticky tack for sure. Guess that's what happens when no one knows whom the fuck you are.

Oops...you are right. I misread it...must be from breathing in all the wildfire smoke today : (

#889 4 years ago

Blues played better but not their best, Bruins no shots for awhile In the 2nd. Glad they won with 6th attacker sine the power play was worthless, still wants Blues or anybody over Boston. On a side note since nothing is on I am forced to try and watch basketball and will actually go for a Canadian team Toronto Raptors to win as hate any CA team, but never a Canadian team I want to win in hockey, too funny.

#890 4 years ago

..yall know what day it is

1559352391688127826684 (resized).jpg1559352391688127826684 (resized).jpg
#891 4 years ago

I know I shouldn't drunk and text but I can't wait to go fishing tomorrow!!!

#892 4 years ago

Gotta luuuuuuuuuuuuv the Bruins!!!

boston (resized).pngboston (resized).png
#893 4 years ago

Nahh, you dont.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Nahh, you dont.

I think he meant booerns.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Bad shit kicking last night...ouch.

#895 4 years ago

Huge hockey fan but this year has to be one of the boring-est playoffs in a long time!

#896 4 years ago

So I bailed on last nights game to have dinner with the wife (trust me she’s still in shock). But looking at the stats n once again penalties kill the Blues. Boston was 4-4 on the PP with 4 SOG

#897 4 years ago

Will the Blues bounce back tonight to tie things up? or they toast?
I hope the get a win and make this an interesting final.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Will the Blues bounce back tonight to tie things up? or they toast?
I hope the get a win and make this an interesting final.

They'll come out flying. But will they stop taking stupid penalties?

#899 4 years ago

Binnington's got to be sharp too. Boston scored on every PP!!

#900 4 years ago

I've only been a casual fan in recent years. But I was fortunate to teach Torey Krug of the Bruins when he was in middle school, so I've been following closely because of him. All of his success couldn't have happened to a nicer, harder-working kid.

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.