20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Winding down boys. Games getting more important as the intensity is ramping UP!
Here we go!

4 seconds left....wow!!

#452 5 years ago

Watched the Oilers/Knights game..... Oilers gave up 6 goals with 3 of them being a result of turnovers and 2 odd man breaks...... they just shoot themselves in the foot. It's like watching the Penguins!

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Don Cherry celebrating St. Patrick's day on HNIC. Ron with that look on his face, lol
[quoted image]

And he was upset that the Hurricanes weren't treating hockey seriously lol

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Watched the Oilers/Knights game..... Oilers gave up 6 goals with 3 of them being a result of turnovers and 2 odd man breaks...... they just shoot themselves in the foot. It's like watching the Penguins!

At the end of the season most teams are battling hard to get that playoff spot.

At the end of the season the Oilers battle hard to get that #1 draft pick.

#455 5 years ago

Rust didn’t get back on the tying goal. Sometimes I wonder the choices Sully makes putting guys on the ice. He babies Kessel. When Kessel took that penalty recently while pens on power play, he should have been demoted to scecond unit as put a hot guy like McCann out there in his spot. Watch the crazy shit show that starts happening when Letang gets his wild and loose ways back out there

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

At the end of the season most teams are battling hard to get that playoff spot.
At the end of the season the Oilers battle hard to get that #1 draft pick.

This is what the Penguins did in the early 2000s hence they got Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, (gulp) LeTank. It worked out well for the Pens (3 Cups). So hang in there as the Oilers are a few #1s away!

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

This is what the Penguins did in the early 2000s hence they got Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, (gulp) LeTank. It worked out well for the Pens (3 Cups). So hang in there as the Oilers are a few #1s away!

The same formula doesn't seem to be working for the Oilers whatsoever!!

List of recent first rounds picks...

Taylor Hall (2010) *traded for nothing
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011)
Nail Yakupov (2012) *traded for nothing. Now in KHL
Connor McDavid (2015)

Doesn't really faze me as I am not an Oilers fan. Just a guy who enjoys watching the "good ol' boys club" in Oiler management fail over and over. It's almost poetic!

#458 5 years ago

Triple A minor midget, Toronto red wings vs don mills flyers on sportsnet. Have to admit hell of a game!

94266957-A7CB-4BB0-8B9D-01CADC66E478 (resized).jpeg94266957-A7CB-4BB0-8B9D-01CADC66E478 (resized).jpeg
#459 5 years ago

The rivalry isn’t the same as it was 7-8 years ago, but I still luv hearing Jim Cornelison do the anthem at the madhouse..

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So much for rebounding

Yes I lost it

#461 5 years ago

Malkin is out and listed week-to-week.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Malkin is out and listed week-to-week.

Has to be a result of the cross-check from Bertuzzo.

LeTank is back though so Pens have their main pylon back on defense!

#463 5 years ago

It ain’t easy being a Penguins fan...but it sure is fun!

#464 5 years ago

A chance babs will be toast if the Leafs whimper out of the playoffs. I'm told the players don't like him but he's won cups and so has tortz and Kernan, probably the hardest of all asses

#465 5 years ago

Keenan once asked a player before a game "how you feeling" player says good coach then got benched. Player asks iron Mike why did I sit? Kernan says you didn't tell me you felt great...what a goof

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A chance babs will be toast if the Leafs whimper out of the playoffs. I'm told the players don't like him but he's won cups and so has tortz and Kernan, probably the hardest of all asses

I thought about this as well but the Leafs are young team and I would think it would be premature to get rid of him. I said it last year, somewhere on here, that I felt the Leafs and Oilers were still a few years out from making an impact. I think you give him another year and if they don't make it to the playoffs or don't have a strong season at the 50 game mark, then you have to sever ties with him!

As for the Oilers ..... I feel the Office is their issue. They let some good talent go for little in return. I retract my statement for them

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It's because Babcock doesn't coddle his millennial players. I can see some clashing between him and Dubbas behind the scenes. Not all is right is Toronto and the facade is slowly beginning to melt away. In a few years it's going to look like the 2000's all over again.

Quoted from meSz:

As for the Oilers ..... I feel the Office is their issue. They let some good talent go for little in return. I retract my statement for them

That's exactly it!

Nicholson stated at the ticket season holders meeting two days that getting a top 2 defenceman is a priority. One of the season ticket holders quipped "that's what trading Taylor Hall should have got us." lol

#468 5 years ago

Sheldon Keefe (Toronto Marlies) groomed and ready for prime time. Babcock no second round playoff wins 3 years...adios

#469 5 years ago

Did you guys hear about the press conference oilers ceo bob Nicholson had? He basically said that the reason they missed the playoffs was Toby reider. He actually said that if reider has scored 10-12 goals, they’d have made the playoffs.
So not only did they throw a third liner under the bus for the whole season, they basically said they’re not worried about changing anything for next year. Minus reider of course

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Did you guys hear about the press conference oilers ceo bob Nicholson had? He basically said that the reason they missed the playoffs was Toby reider. He actually said that if reider has scored 10-12 goals, they’d have made the playoffs.
So not only did they throw a third liner under the bus for the whole season, they basically said they’re not worried about changing anything for next year. Minus reider of course

tenor.giftenor.gif
#471 5 years ago

lol....perfect placement!
58898565542_1c2a8d_b.jpg58898565542_1c2a8d_b.jpg

#472 5 years ago

So you're heading to a Press Conference and that's the reason you come up with for not making the playoffs .... that's just pathetic. Be one thing if it was a question at the moment but apparently the CEO went to the conference with that reason!

on another note.....congrats to Subban on his first SO !!

#473 5 years ago

Melnyk just did a radio interview, and spent time bashing the maple leafs rebuild. His best line was “somebody forgot about defense”.
How the hell does he feel he’s qualified to judge any other nhl team? This isn’t a pro-leafs response, more of a wtf-melnyk response lol

#474 5 years ago

Melnyk just did a radio interview, and spent time bashing the maple leafs rebuild. His best line was “somebody forgot about defense”.
How the hell does he feel he’s qualified to judge any other nhl team? This isn’t a pro-leafs response, more of a wtf-melnyk response lol

and he makes his interviews from Toronto not Ottawa, crazy

#475 5 years ago

Price looking great against Carolina

#476 5 years ago

Reminds me of Edmonton, Ottawa

F7F9181F-5259-4FF1-957E-583803F1A025 (resized).jpegF7F9181F-5259-4FF1-957E-583803F1A025 (resized).jpeg
#477 5 years ago

Feels weird being a hybrid Leafs-Couv fan

#478 5 years ago

Edmonton brass Meeting

02EB59F0-E32B-41BB-94CE-F95C2808F92E (resized).jpeg02EB59F0-E32B-41BB-94CE-F95C2808F92E (resized).jpeg
#479 5 years ago

Saturday, hockey night in Canada!!!
Get to see the leafs in 5-d with my steel union buddy over!

20190330_132803 (resized).jpg20190330_132803 (resized).jpg20190330_145644 (resized).jpg20190330_145644 (resized).jpg
#480 5 years ago

Hoping Habs (Price) can beat Jets tonight and Preds beat BJ

#481 5 years ago

Got half your wish...price was spectacular

#482 5 years ago

Anyone gonna set up a playoff bracket?

#483 5 years ago

Hughes was awesome for the Couv. Playoffs next year or there is something stinking with management.

#484 5 years ago

The kid is as advertised..he’s gonna be a stud! That OT a few nights ago vs the kings w Petey, Boeser n Hughes..wow. The off season is gonna be interesting. Gotta resign Schenn..the D needs a top 4 player..trade goldobin, and play ‘shotgun Jake’ a lil more..Markstrom is the starter..he’s playing lights out..

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Got half your wish...price was spectacular

Yeah but Habs have a tough schedule ahead (TB, Wash and Leafs) and BJ (Bos, OTT, NYR) have the easiest of the three teams left for those two wild card spots. So be tough for Habs to make it!

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but Habs have a tough schedule ahead (TB, Wash and Leafs) and BJ (Bos, OTT, NYR) have the easiest of the three teams left for those two wild card spots. So be tough for Habs to make it!

Good point that’s a tough sched for the Habs

#487 5 years ago

Hue setup the hockey pool again?
Unclaimed prize from last year!

15543913133541010274782 (resized).jpg15543913133541010274782 (resized).jpg
#488 5 years ago

Some big games on tap for tonight..... Habs / Caps probably the biggest .... see if the Habs can pull out a big win. If they do it will put them 1 point behind 6th place.

Pens vs Detroit - Detroit playing some solid hockey but early report is Pens to get Malkin and LeTank back today!

Isles vs FLA - Not really a big game but if FLA wins and the Pens win it puts the Pens tied with FLA for 5th. However, the Leafs have a tough one vs TB and if the Leafs would lose then we can have a 3 way tie for 4th

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Some big games on tap for tonight..... Habs / Caps probably the biggest .... see if the Habs can pull out a big win. If they do it will put them 1 point behind 6th place.
Pens vs Detroit - Detroit playing some solid hockey but early report is Pens to get Malkin and LeTank back today!
Isles vs FLA - Not really a big game but if FLA wins and the Pens win it puts the Pens tied with FLA for 5th. However, the Leafs have a tough one vs TB and if the Leafs would lose then we can have a 3 way tie for 4th

I’m curious if you’re a Canadian w dual citizenship..I just can’t think of to many people from that area that are into hockey like you...

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m curious if you’re a Canadian w dual citizenship..I just can’t think of to many people from that area that are into hockey like you...

I am actually from Pittsburgh and just moved out to CA for a few years. Still have season tickets for the Penguins. No dual citzenship but I use to go to QC every year to sled if that counts

#491 5 years ago

Habs just gave caps first goal
and Weber scores PPG to tie it up.

#492 5 years ago

Spoiler alert!boston will win

#493 5 years ago

So habs lost, CAR won, and NYI won. Was hoping for opposite so the East would be more clogged up.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hue setup the hockey pool again?
Unclaimed prize from last year! [quoted image]

I finished 1st in my pool for the regular season.

Pavelski, karlsson and fleury injuries have crippled me for the playoffs and I'm duking it out for a 3rd place finish now. Doesn't look good as I'll most likely end up being the bubble boy finishing in 4th place and outta the money

Oh thehuemanatee!!

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I finished 1st in my pool for the regular season.
Pavelski, karlsson and fleury injuries have crippled me for the playoffs and I'm duking it out for a 3rd place finish now. Doesn't look good as I'll most likely end up being the bubble boy finishing in 4th place and outta the money
Oh thehuemanatee!!

I hope your team can finish strong for you! The hockey pool I'm in wrapped up our playoffs a week or two ago. I finished the season first overall, but injuries hit me hard to and I limped my way to a second place playoff finish. I barely won the semifinals, so I was ok with finishing second all things considered.

#496 5 years ago

whoops, double post

#497 5 years ago

Garett Sparks locker removed from dressing room...being sent to robidas island. Michael Hutchinson promoted to backup. That babs is a dragonlady! Remove all trace of the guy from the dressing room? Geez

#498 5 years ago

It's Friday

15544908974021179948029 (resized).jpg15544908974021179948029 (resized).jpg
#499 5 years ago

It's friday!!

Found some Canadians from the NWT here and were taking over the sports bar tomorrow for the Leafs game

IMG_20190405_1534301.jpgIMG_20190405_1534301.jpg
#500 5 years ago

RIGHT ON!!!!! ...are you wearing a vintage goalie skate?

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/10?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.