Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vectorgamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 5 years ago

Watched 3 more AAF games over the weekend. Best game was the Orlando/San Antonio game. Thanks to the San Antonio fans for showing up and making me feel like I was watching a relevant football game. They even had camera shots of the fans in the stands this time during the broadcast.

Other games were pretty bland. If these guys don't start generating more offense people are going to stop tuning in. People aren't interested in 12-9 games.

A lot of people were PISSED about the NFL Network coverage Saturday night and using the sky cam FOR EVERY SINGLE PLAY. The camera angles were HORRIBLE.

I checked out the live stream on the AAF page Saturday night (I don't get NFL Network) and it was horrible. No audio and no score overlay. I eventually found someone streaming the game on YouTube.

I'll tune in again this weekend. I think Bleacher Report is covering one or two games. If you have a Roku, you can add the channel and the games will be free.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd they get in Las Vegas for the championship game. If attendance doesn't improve, I'll give this league one more year at the most.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I heard on talk radio this morning that the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes had to lend the AAF $250 million to cover payroll. If that’s the case, this thing might not last long at all.

Here's the story on Yahoo!
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-aaf-danger-missing-payroll-last-week-nhl-owner-invested-141446499.html

What's the official soft drink of the AAF?

#149 5 years ago

Maybe AAF could get more advertising besides Navy Credit Union and Wheels Up.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The TV ratings haven't been bad.

Well they're going to plummet if they don't stop ****ing around with the sky cam and producing 12-9 score lines. On top of that, they're broadcasting on NFL Network which a lot of people (including me) don't get and a lot of people aren't savvy enough (or care enough) to search for the stream on YouTube. This weekend they're broadcasting on Bleacher Report.

From what I've seen so far, only Orlando and San Antonio have had decent home attendance. Salt Lake hasn't played a home game yet so that remains to be seen.

#158 5 years ago

Looking forward to the AAF this weekend. Want to see how many people show up in Salt Lake and Atlanta. Assuming players got paid today.

#161 5 years ago

I watched all 4 AAF games this weekend. Too many incomplete passes in this league. Either the QB overthrows the receiver or the ball goes right through the receiver's hands. Very frustrating to watch especially on 3rd down plays. I guess this is the quality of football to be expected when you're players are NFL cast offs.

Best game of the weekend was last night's San Diego/San Antonio game. At least Mike Martz's San Diego Fleet look competent on offense. They put up over 30 points and that little RB Gardner had a 83 yard run to the house.

Christian Hackenberg finally got benched. Memphis (0-3) may be able to turn it around with Mettenberger under center.

People still complaining that they can't watch the games. I've watched most of my games on YouTube.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

football is not a career he has any business pursuing at this point in his life.

Well that's what the AAF is going to show. Like that Salt Lake kicker that went 1-4 on field goals in week 2 (yet he was back again I think for week 3). I think the AAF is a second chance opportunity for some and for others a writing on the wall that they need to find another job.

I like the concept of the AAF. I think there will be guys going to NFL training camp this summer. Whether they stick or not remains to be seen.

The problem I have with AAF is that they didn't have sufficient training camp. They kept making excuses during the first week of telecasts "these players have only been together for a month" - well the deal is people are tuning in to CBS for the opener and not impressed with inept offenses as their first (and perhaps lasting) impression.

We'll see as the season progresses if the offense gets better as a whole. I've been impressed with San Diego and Orlando so far. Not so much with everyone else.

But, as a sucker for football, I'll be tuning in again this coming weekend. At least it's better than arena football.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I lived down there I'd go see a game.

I think it would be fun to get out of this miserable PA weather and fly down for a Saturday home game. I hate winter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vectorgamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread?tu=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.