Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Edelman a Damn fine player, but obviously no one objective actually thinks he's a HOF candidate

His numbers really do not even approach those that would be Hall worthy yet. The Hall nominations and inductees though are really wanky so who knows. I for one feel that there are more than a few in the Hall that just shouldn't be there.

#118 5 years ago

Ken Anderson turned 70 today and he still is not a member of the Hall of Fame. Absolute tragedy, he deserves to be there, I know you say I'm biased and you would be correct but, it doesn't change the fact. Look his numbers up, he's got better stats than over half of his peers already there. Ken's one sin you ask? He played his entire career in Cincy and never won the super bowl. Hall of Fame induction loses a lot of it's luster if you really take the time to look at the players accomplishments only because it's there where you'll really see who belongs and well, who is just...….. there. One of the most celebrated QB's in history was pointed out by Levi, and rightfully so, as not Hall worthy. Many inducted were and are true hero's of the game, it's just a shame so many deserving players are left out.

#123 5 years ago

You obviously do not look at the stats or much else apparently. Ken Anderson was one of the best the of his time and is more deserving of the hall than half his peers that are presently there.

#125 5 years ago

Love Rose and yes he is the best all around player to have ever played the game but, Pete did it to himself. I really think he will be in within the next five years, like it or not Pete is Mr. Baseball.

#132 5 years ago

Any of you San Diego guys gone to or plan to go watch your new AAF team? The games I've gotten to watch were pretty decent games. I hope they get more games on TV.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’ll never get in. Ever.

Anything is possible.

1 week later
    #168 5 years ago

Could be good for some of the non-drafted players.

#170 5 years ago

I think we'll have to give it chance to find out if it's *a league nobody wants* or not, I personally don't like Arena Football but hey it's still going so I'll hold my judgement for now.

11 months later
    #171 4 years ago

Time to bring this thread back?

#172 4 years ago

This super bowl is going to be a hard one to pick, both teams could at anytime take over the game and cruise to victory. For SF I guess it comes down to just a few things. I'm going with SF as I think they are the more balanced in offensive attack than the Chiefs

SF must in order to win

1) Establish the run game. This will assure all Garoppolo has to do is protect the ball by utilizing short screen passes, tosses into the flat or over the middle for short gains.

2) SF will have to figure out how they can play "man to man" coverage, still have a spy on Mahomes while maintaining double coverage on Hill if they hope to stop the Chiefs.

3) Disrupt Mahomes with pass rush and limit his big play abilities when flushed from the pocket.

I believe if SF can contain Mahomes (he can't be stopped) so his arm is limited and shut down his go to Hill they can and will win this game. SF defense will have to keep Chiefs running game in check which I think poses little problem alone, containment of Mahomes is key to this.

#174 4 years ago

See the Browns have hired Andrew Berry from the Eagles front office for your new GM. Looks like it could be a good hire, hope it works out for them.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Hey, this looks like a fun place to talk about football...
    Chiefs 27
    49ers 20
    That being said, the 49ers will probably win 27-3.

Truth is either could win this game but I've noticed most (even vegas) believes the Chiefs will win. I'm banking on 49ers defense reigning in Mahomes (as much as that is possible) and allowing the run game to post a "W" for them.

#179 4 years ago

I like the basement, I go down there to watch the game and play my games!

#185 4 years ago

Why not?

#187 4 years ago

There aren't to many of us there throughout. Have you looked back and seen how many people no longer post anymore. I did just out of curiosity of wondering where guys like Monarca who was a huge NE fan went to.

#191 4 years ago

That's your opinion Law, so just don't post here. I was speaking of the old thread where so many are no longer posting. You think we talk about the Bengals to much???? So what you're are really saying is we talk to much about football for you? Anytime someone wants to jump in about another team that's fine with me but I'm not going to stop posting about my team that's what we're (or some of us) are here for.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The idea of multiple NFL threads with the same 6 people in them talking about terrible teams like the browns, bengals, and redskins does indeed seem odd, but I’m all for abandoning the one with some self-exiled moron controlling borderline retarded thread title changes every day.

Regardless of their records they are NFL teams and as such have fans that want to discuss them. I'm willing to talk about any team (except the Pats), no just kidding I can talk about them too. My point is it's a football thread and if no one else wants to speak up about their team or any team I should not be expected to not post about mine, I'm a Fan!

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

I have waited most of my adult life for the Chiefs to make it to the Super Bowl! I hope they can pull out a win!

Your dreams may just come true! I'm taking the 49ers but man this game can go any direction at any time. That being said here's to a good damn game regardless of the outcome.

#201 4 years ago

Rivers looks Miami bound, sold his home in San Diego and is in Florida. He'd be a great mentor for a rookie QB to have for a couple years. I say a couple years because I think 2yrs is the least he'd accept.

The only thing better than this would be Brady coming to Miami....hello Billy!

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea why the dolphins would have interest in rivers

The only thing I thought is to use him to let Tua ( going to be their pick) sit the bench for next season and learn from one of the best.

#218 4 years ago

I know it doesn't make sense but I still think Rivers lands in Miami soon after they draft their next franchise QB Tua with the 5th pick of the draft.

#220 4 years ago

Nick Foles is going to Chicago and Tom Brady to the Jags. Foles knows Chicago coaching and will not break the bank in a trade.

#223 4 years ago

Bears need to act now and Trubisky is not going to get it done. Foles will go to Chicago.

#225 4 years ago

He may say it but he doesn't believe it, opportunity will change his mind. The team has a good enough supporting cast to go deep in the playoffs, they just lack a QB to get there and for now it hasn't presented itself but it will.

#234 4 years ago

Chris Doleman passed at age 58 from cancer. Damn sure seems awfully young, he had a great career with the Vikings. Hope he can rest in peace.

#235 4 years ago

Vegas reporting 52% of bettors are putting their money on KC and 48% placing bets on SF. I hoping this game lives up to the hype and we have a donnybrook on our hands come Sunday!

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

es sir. Have a little to drink.

Is that a bourbon in that Eagles Super bowl bottle? Are you waiting for the next SB appearance before you open it?

#239 4 years ago

Yes he was a great player, it's sad he died so young though and from brain cancer. Seems that there's been a lot of people dying over the last 2-3 yrs of brain cancer, much more than in the past 10 yrs or so. Probably shit they put in our food to preserve or enhance it in some way that is behind the increase in cases.

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Even Brady benefitted sitting a year under Bledsoe

Damn I can remember when Bledsoe got hurt playing Indy and Brady came in and never released the reins afterward. To be honest I thought NE was really screwing up not putting Bledsoe back in after he healed. Boy was I ever wrong, Brady turned out to be the best QB of his time and took NE to the pinnacle of football.
    I'm hoping Cincy keeps Dalton his last year to help out Burrows as it should help him acclimate to the speed of the game and more complicated defenses and offenses.

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Centerflank is back to reclaim his NFL thread!

He can have it, to much gamesmanship going on over there. Don't get me wrong I like Center but to come back and keep playing with the thread title is somewhat, well, childish to put it mildly.

#246 4 years ago

You could bring it to Pincinnati and drink it with us (as someone called us southern Ohio boys in the other NFL thread) village people!

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Browns let go of asst GM Elliot Wolf. That was a mistake.

I'd assume they did that due to having just hired a new GM he's going to want to have his own people as Dbag said above.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Just to keep things straight, will you be the one dressed as the Indian Chief, or the Construction Worker?

Depends on what day it is.

#254 4 years ago

I've not heard that but it wouldn't surprise me any. I'm okay with starting him right away so long as they have an OL that is capable of protecting him. The last thing we need is for him to be hurt right out of the gate.

#257 4 years ago

Yes, I don't know why I said Indy. Where do you think he'll end up? I guess he feels the need to prove it wasn't Bill who won all those rings.

#258 4 years ago

Man coming up on SB Sunday! I'm going with SF and can't wait. I look for SF to try to run the ball down KC's throat, I can't see them winning if Garoppolo has to throw a lot. SF will need to figure out how to have a spy for Mahomes and keep double coverage on Hill so playing man-to-man will be mandatory if they want to slow KC down. I have no horse in the race so if it's just a great game I'll be happy but I wish all you SF and KC fans good luck and see you Sunday!

#259 4 years ago

Cleveland has poached a coach! Alex Vanpelt Bengals QB coach has excepted a position with the Browns (guess he didn't see the Sam Wyche video) lol. Cincy promoted their assistant QB coach Dan Pitcher into the opening. He's been with the Bengals since 2016 but other than that I've not read much about him.

Cleveland (resized).jpgCleveland (resized).jpg
    #261 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Former QB and he's been a position coach (mostly QB) for a very long time.

Sucks he did a good job here but they think otherwise I guess.

#264 4 years ago

He got the ball out of Andy's hands quick, we just had no O-line and any pressure was to much. They did play better the last few games after a complete shuffle.

#265 4 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the game Sunday but still it is bittersweet cause it marks the end of football for the season and we go into the long sleep. I don't really watch Hockey (just in passing) even though I have more than a few relatives that play in leagues. I've got MLB coming up and soccer (don't watch consistently) although they're building a new stadium for soccer so I will go to one game at least just to view the new stadium.

2 weeks later
    #267 4 years ago

I really feel sorry for you Vic your past is really making you miserable, get some help man it's the only way you'll ever forgive yourself. Hoping the best for you buddy.

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man is wrong with you dude? You aren't worth moderating to me sorry.

No shit he's his own worst enemy no one needs to help him

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s like racist tweedle dee and tweedle dum snowflakes. Sad

You just can't help yourself can you, let me guess, you were raised in such a way that you're ashamed correct? Put the drink down brother and call. We are behind you everyone has problems.

#272 4 years ago

Vjj is in the thread!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread?tu=RWH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.