Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New Packers coach is gonna suck. that's a total reach. Redskins old QB Coach?!

You might be right, but at least he made everyone think that Kirk Cousins was good. That's an accomplishment.

I've said it before, I don't want to use the Rams as a model franchise. I don't know why everyone ignores what the Pats do - control the clock, run high percentage plays, and just wear you down.

Time will tell. The coaching change I'm most concerned about (outside of HC) is losing the best O-line coach in the league, particularly because we'll need to develop someone to take over at RT very soon. Pettine stays in place as DC, which I think was a good move. All of the other changes felt well past due. Our DB coach was a darling of the franchise, but someone was responsible for letting tremendous talent slip through our fingers at that position.

#71 5 years ago

To be fair, didn't he also say his brother made the pro bowl with another team? 49ers?

Shit, I just realized I'm posting in the "new" nfl thread. The other one has all of the context surrounding all of this bad blood. I'll be over there talking about my brother's accomplishments if anyone needs me.

#105 5 years ago

Yeah, fine, the Pats last year were not the same team as they were this year. But, cmon the Eagles beat them with their backup QB! Are we really going to let the Pats blame last year on injuries??

The injury bug bites everyone, some harder than others... but the team that wins the game is the champ. Last year it was the Eagles. This year it was the Pats. I'm also not going to discredit the Pats win because Cooper Kupp wasn't in the game, and Todd Gurley has some sort of phantom injury or something.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Gordon played in 11 games and was their #1 receiver. Pats had no deep game all playoffs. Losing Cooper was a wash.

I disagree with this. I thought the move for Gordon was a great move, but not many people even expected him to play. You got a pretty good rental out of him, and for something like a 6th round conditional pick. Expecting him to be there for the SB was never realistic.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Because looking back in hisotry the Eagles will be a 1 and done team and the Pats have won a ton.

Nah, it's just that a team got the better of the Pats for a year. I doubt many people are going to look at that game and say "yeah, but Julian Edelmann didn't play, or it would have been completely different!" I expect more people reflecting on that game, should they remember much of anything, are going to remember that Foles won the game as a backup.

Plus, look at this stat line for the Pats.. Brady threw the ball 48x, and HOF candidate Amendola had incredible production. There's not much to point to to say that the Pats receiving corp didn't hold up their end of the donkey. There are only so many pass attempts in the game, reviewing this statline, I can't see where Edelman could have added much value:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #129 5 years ago

Tongue in cheek, since apparently being good in a playoff game gets you in the HOF (edelmann)

#131 5 years ago

I had the game on last night in the background. Agreed on the camera angles, not sure why they did that, but I do appreciate some of their experimentation.

The game itself was pretty good. Az was down by quite a bit, and put together a couple of good drives to make it a game. I didnt catch the end.

One of the other interesting rules, 4th and 12 conversion instead of onside kicks

#138 5 years ago

There are few sadder figures in all of sports. I remember walking through one of the hotels in Vegas. I think it was Mandalay Bay - very few people around and we were walking past a sports memorabilia store. Hey wait... is that Pete Rose? I took a few steps back. Sure enough, he's sitting at a folding table for a signing, but there was no one in sight... just old Pete sitting there all alone.

I would think that if you were banned from baseball for betting, you would try to disassociate yourself from betting, and avoid the town most synonymous with your sin. But that's apparently not how Pete thinks.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I heard on talk radio this morning that the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes had to lend the AAF $250 million to cover payroll. If that’s the case, this thing might not last long at all.

I'm shocked about a couple of things..

1. I can't believe a hockey team in Carolina has that kind of money to lend
    2. Where is the 250m going? Aren't the players all making like 250k/3yrs?

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

First thing they need to do is drop the Saturday night games. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that people are out doing stuff on friday and Saturday nights. I know they have Sunday games too but the whole marketing of the AAF is just bad. I never even knew about the AAF until a week before it started.

No way! I personally love Saturday night games. If I'm getting out at all these days, it's likely at a place that will have some type of sports on - whether that's a private home playing cards with friends, or a rare trip to an arcade or sports bar.

More often I'm at home. I love to have a game on while I throw some darts or shoot some pool.

I do agree about the marketing. The only reason I found it was because I couldn't remember if the XFL started this year or next. In searching for that, I stumbled upon the AAF. I remember hearing something about it a while ago, but I had forgotten all about it.

11 months later
    #212 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is that really worth paying him? No.
    I think the whole “mentor” thing is a bit of a joke too. Name one young QB that rivers or any other old qb has “mentored.” That’s not their job, and most really don’t give a shit what happens to the guy brought in to replace them and take their jobs.
    I’m sure there’s some examples, but my guess would be a young QB learns a lot more from an inexpensive journeyman backup QB on the roster than they learn from an aging superstar who isn’t ready to give up his job.

I dont get the mentor thing either. If they're that important, hire them as a coach. People around here wanted to keep Donald Driver, they cited his experience and leadership. Ok, cool, let's put him in a hat and a windbreaker, and let him mentor the young players without him eating their roster spot.

#215 4 years ago

As far as Rivers, the only situation he makes sense is one where you feel you need slightly above average QB play to win a championship. You could possinly make the case for Chicago, but they'll hilariously be at least a kicker away from a championship.

#226 4 years ago

They'd be silly to say anything else. He wanted the team to turn off TVs in the facility in case he heard someone on ESPN say something mean about him. Not exactly an iron clad psyche.

#248 4 years ago

Browns let go of asst GM Elliot Wolf. That was a mistake.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Former QB and he's been a position coach (mostly QB) for a very long time. Good hire.

He was with the Packers, and Rodgers loved him.

Probably a pretty good hire. He had Flynn as the backup to Rodgers for a couple of years, and he played well enough within our offense to get a huge deal when he left.

But then he had Taysom Hill. It could just be that the Packers in general are unimaginative with talent like that, but AVP presumably played a role in failing to realize what a valuable asset Hill was. Not only as a viable backup, but as a ST player and a rover.

We drafted Hundley with pretty high expectations. He had a few years to develop Hundley before he needed to see the field, and he flopped... hard.. Hundley is still in the league as a backup. I'm not sure if that means that someone else has gotten something out of him or not, but worth mentioning.

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Sucks he did a good job here but they think otherwise I guess.

Did he? I admittedly didn't watch many Bengals games, but Dalton looked like a disaster this year. Bad enough that they benched him in favor of a rookie.. who looked bad enough that they put in Andy Dalton!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.