Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

It is kind of dumb to have a thread stuck in 2017 because the guy who started it is gone.

Although putting an Eagles fan in charge of a thread title seems dangerous.

So I'm torn.

#20 5 years ago

Hmm....so if I want an updated thread title, I gotta go here

If I want to avoid Whysnow posts, I gotta stick with old faithful.

A real Sophie's Choice!

Have all Pats fans and Dirtbag decided where they are going yet?

#35 5 years ago

You know what would be refreshing?

An "are the Patriots cheaters?" discussion.

Either that or a good old fashioned NFL kneeling debate!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

You bring up Spygate, but that event alone helped catapult the Patriots to their success. Rams beat the Patriots earlier that year at Foxboro and were 14 point favorites over them, thus making it that much more believable in the information that the assistant coach filmed the Rams' practice. I recall Brady's wife making the comment after their Super Bowl loss to the Giants about how they should have won the game if the receivers only caught the passes her husband threw at them, thus making me can't stand Giselle. Brady getting on a news network and cry about how he thought life was more than what he had already and Gronk and the team drinking beer and getting drunk while playing with some stripper's breasts on a float, let alone the many fights that broke out during the same celebration just boggles my mind. My word what would have happened if they would have lost?
    The Super Bowl game was a home game for the Patriots because of their fan base and the Rams fanbase not caring enough to travel to Atlanta to support their team, but it was really evident when the loud horn was blasted out every time the Rams had the ball on third down conversions. I thought the Rams were suppose to be the home team in that game.

I can't for the life of me figure out what would posses someone to type all of this out.

It sounds like some rambling confession in therapy trying to explain a relationship issue.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Is this even a sentence? Please edit this so we understand what you were trying to say.
    ??

The whole thing is just bizarre.

It starts out coherently, if trite, with a token sentence making it seem like this is gonna be your standard "Patriots are cheaters!!!!!" diatribe. But man after that first sentence - the only one which makes anything close to a point or in fact any sense at all - WATCH THE FUCK OUT.

It's like...uhhh...the Rams were favorites...which proves the Pats cheated...also I hate giselle!!! And Tom Brady cried on TV once? Weren't the Rams supposed to be the home team?! And Gronk was on a float with strippers, but I'm surprised there weren't more fistfights...

Also there was a loud horn at the Super Bowl!

Look, I know it's Friday, but let's at least try to wait till after lunch before we all start getting staggeringly and incoherently drunk.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Who-Dey hasn't found this thread yet so you don;t need to worry...yet

He'll sniff it out. It's a long time before the next holiday where he can regale extended family members with his cutting political insights!

#52 5 years ago

I will not apologize for being an English major!

#59 5 years ago

New Packers coach is gonna suck. that's a total reach. Redskins old QB Coach?!

People want in on this Sean McVay coaching tree but how does a 32-year old have a coaching tree?

I predict failure.

#60 5 years ago

Fuckin brother cuttin' Bears!!!! Screw them!

#64 5 years ago

Look when someone tells me an exciting detail about their life - that their brother was once cut by the Bears and then picked up by no other team - it's simply too earth-shattering for me to NOT become obsessed with.

You simply can't unlearn something like that.

So I'm gonna return the favor; my uncle Mark was cut by Johnny Ramone in the pre-Ramones band The Tangerine Puppets. He has lots of good Johnny Ramone stories but it just wasn't meant to be, and he was out of the band at 15. Goddammit, he could have been the first Marky Ramone!!!

And...get this..my Aunt, on the other side of the family, dated Joey Ramone when he was in Sniper. She was like 14 and he was 20 lol. She dumped him because a) her friends were making fun of her cause he was so ugly, and b) he wanted to come over for Passover and she was horrified about what my grandma would think.

Goddamn both of those stories are way better than the brother cutting thing. Feel free to mention them at every opportunity.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Ugh. It's hard to get excited about this move.

Elway getting desperate. The old immobile white QB thing worked for him once and now he can't give up on it.

And they still owe Keenum $7 mil (10 dead cap hit if they cut him). Not a backbreaker but doesn't help. I'm sure they'll cut or try to trade Case but he isn't worth much to anybody.

Watch him end up on the Redskins.

#76 5 years ago

Picking on McVay? Really? Dude has had a pretty good two years as a head coach.

Yeah got outcoached by Bill. Not the first guy that has happened to.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Are you McVay’s older brother? Do we have a dirtbag/Bears situation going on here?
    Nobody is “picking on him”. I just find it amusing how the talk all season was that he was an offensive genius (I even heard the term savant being thrown around) and nobody could foil him, yet he fell flat on his face on the biggest stage.
    And I am reveling in the fact that my Birds and Pederson beat up on the same coach that McVay couldn’t even land one punch on.
    That’s what happens when you have to tell your quarterback everything, even to tie his shoes.

When are you gonna drop the whole "Eagles beat the exact same team the Rams lost to!!!" bit? First off it's NOT the same team it was a different team with different players in a different year. We all know that. That's the NFL and that's football.

Second...it's starting to get sad. Eagles won the Super Bowl over a year ago. They didn't win it this year. It's in the past man. Stop harping on it. Your gloat capital ran out when the Eagles choked away a lead against the Saints. I mean, you actually started this thread because you are in complete denial about it!!! (I didn't see you rushing to move on to a new thread last year after the Super Bowl was over).

Third...comparing me to Brotherbag66 is fucking low...even for an Eagles fan!!!

As far as McVay, he's not my brother but hey he's family (Redskins) so I'm proud to see him escape the Snyder insane asylum and have some success. I'm sure you were happy to see Frank Reich make some shinola out of shit this year in Indy.

McVay has had an excellent two-year head coaching career and seeing everybody monkey pile on him after a super bowl season seems kind of ridiculous. Like seeing you side with Masshole pats fans!!!

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Christ, I hate you so often Levi, I forget how much I really like you...

BOOOOOOOOM!

#84 5 years ago

An Eagles fan can count to 7.

Color me impressed

#86 5 years ago

The Super Bowl MVP this year didn't play in last year's Super Bowl.

EXACT SAME TEAM!!!!!

#90 5 years ago

I grow fatigued at this pointless discussion.

But I'll admit there's really nothing to talk about till the draft.

Except boneheaded trades-in-principle like the Flacco deal I guess.

#97 5 years ago

who gives a shit if the guy is going to the HOF?

He was the MVP of the super bowl.

he didn't play last year.

I don't think someone knows what "exact same team" means.

Beyond the fact that a year can be a generation in football terms and a team in 2018 cannot possibly be "the exact same team" as the one that played in 2017. It's an inherent truth goddammit!!!!

Goddamn you guys!!!

1yhf3t (resized).jpg1yhf3t (resized).jpg

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It can be a big part of it
    Signed,
    Linn Swann

Joe Namath is in the HOF based upon ONE FUCKING GAME!

#100 5 years ago

Hey didn't the Eagles choke away a big lead to the exact same team that the Pats beat in the Super Bowl?

Should any of us care about that?

(honestly, no. This shit is pretty irrelevant when it comes to hoisting banners)

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Sure, but come on man. 2018-2019 wasn’t the same Eagles team that it was last year. Hahahahahahaha. I can use that same excuse or rationale if everybody else does right?

EXACTLY

#119 5 years ago

When I think “absolute tragedy” someone like Ken Anderson not being in the hall of fame isn’t exactly what comes to mind.

The fact that there are maybe some others with dodgy credentials in the HOF doesn’t mean a JAG like Kenny freakin Anderson should be there too, sorry.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Love Rose and yes he is the best all around player to have ever played the game but, Pete did it to himself. I really think he will be in within the next five years, like it or not Pete is Mr. Baseball.

He’ll never get in. Ever.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Anything is possible.

It’s not just that he committed the cardinal sin...betting on baseball while playing and managing.

His decades of lying about it is the nail in the coffin. He’s a total lowlife.

It doesn’t really matter though. He was banned for life 30 years ago and that was the end of it.

Incidentally the bar I’m at is showing eight men out on the tube! Great movie.

Pete Rose is a total loser and deserves to die without getting what he wants.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I think Rose has a standing gig at that shop, I walked by and saw him there as well. I guess it must pay the bills, but it is kind of a pathetic look for him

Yeah Pete Rose and "Pathetic" have been pretty much synonymous over the past few decades. On the plus side, he has absolutely zero shame, so you really shoudln't feel bad. I doubt he does.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I heard on talk radio this morning that the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes had to lend the AAF $250 million to cover payroll. If that’s the case, this thing might not last long at all.

XFL lasted 1 year.

Knowing almost nothing about it, I gave this one 2 years tops. Probably optimistic.

There simply isn't a demand for 2nd and 3rd rate pro football, and there never will be. Arena football was able to carve out a neat little novelty niche with a radically different novelty game, but even that seems to come and go. Are they even in business now?

And then we are gonna see the XFL come back again? It's nuts.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Maybe AAF could get more advertising besides Navy Credit Union and Wheels Up.

You'd think so. The TV ratings haven't been bad.

Without solid advertising money this thing is tits up sooner rather than later.

#154 5 years ago

I'm curious enough about it to check out a Steve Spurrier game but I've been busy every weekend moving pinball machines around.

What will end first, my 4-weekend streak of delivering/picking up games, or the AAF season/league's existence?

I'm delivering a Gorgar and picking up a Jackbot and Hot Tip next weekend. Might be in the clear after that.

#162 5 years ago

The Hackenburg thing is hilarious. Pundits keep saying "What a disappointment!!!" but the real story is why the Jets thought he was worth a ridiculous 2nd round pick. I had a friend who went to Penn State when Hack was Hacking it up there and he told me he was a TERRIBLE QB, yet predicted he'd get picked high cause he was big, dumb, and looked like your "prototypical QB."

The real story isn't that Hack sucks - he's always sucked and was always going to be a terrible pro prospect. The real story is why teams keep picking guys like Hackenburgh with high draft picks.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I didn't get that one at all... I didn't think he was good at Penn State.
    He must have been tall with a "cannon arm" or whatever bullshit they keep pumping.

I don't want to rile people up but there's a reason total scrubs like Hack keep getting drafted high, while teams continue to pass on legit potential superstars and proven winners like Deshaun Watson. Watson was drafted WAY later than he should have been and Hack probably shouldn't have been drafted at all, much less in the 2nd round.

Time and time again.

The fact that Hack is even ON a pro roster at this point - even one as phony as the AAF - is a testament to the privilege that he enjoys even though he's proven beyond a doubt that football is not a career he has any business pursuing at this point in his life.

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Well that's what the AAF is going to show. Like that Salt Lake kicker that went 1-4 on field goals in week 2 (yet he was back again I think for week 3). I think the AAF is a second chance opportunity for some and for others a writing on the wall that they need to find another job.
    I like the concept of the AAF. I think there will be guys going to NFL training camp this summer. Whether they stick or not remains to be seen.
    The problem I have with AAF is that they didn't have sufficient training camp. They kept making excuses during the first week of telecasts "these players have only been together for a month" - well the deal is people are tuning in to CBS for the opener and not impressed with inept offenses as their first (and perhaps lasting) impression.
    We'll see as the season progresses if the offense gets better as a whole. I've been impressed with San Diego and Orlando so far. Not so much with everyone else.
    But, as a sucker for football, I'll be tuning in again this coming weekend. At least it's better than arena football.

Bringing in Spurrier was the best move they made, especially for the Florida market. Inspired! If I lived down there I'd go see a game.

A lot of the other moves aren't working out as well. But it's about what you'd expect from scrub pro football - the players and teams just aren't going to be very good.

As far as the 3 weeks of training camp or whatever...there's just not that much you can do with a startup league. They are already cash-strapped so you can't give them 3 months to ramp up like the nFL. They just can't afford it.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Could be good for some of the non-drafted players.

Inevitably, yes, a few of these players will trickle down into the NFL and become journeymen players. That's great for them.

The majority will wash out when the league inevitably folds this season or next and move on to the next chapter of their lives. It's great for the statistically insignificant few players who manage to catch on in the NFL but does it really justify a league nobody wants?

In the end that's probably how it works out. I could be wrong but we've seen this play out before many times.

11 months later
    #192 4 years ago

The idea of multiple NFL threads with the same 6 people in them talking about terrible teams like the browns, bengals, and redskins does indeed seem odd, but I’m all for abandoning the one with some self-exiled moron controlling borderline retarded thread title changes every day.

So you win Colsond! Don’t let us down buddy!

#202 4 years ago

I have no idea why the dolphins would have interest in rivers. It makes zero sense.

They are a rebuilding team. Rivers is an old wash up. Am I missing something here? Do they Intend to tank 2020-2021 as well?

Don’t see why Tampa would want him either.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The only thing I thought is to use him to let Tua ( going to be their pick) sit the bench for next season and learn from one of the best.

Is that really worth paying him? No.

I think the whole “mentor” thing is a bit of a joke too. Name one young QB that rivers or any other old qb has “mentored.” That’s not their job, and most really don’t give a shit what happens to the guy brought in to replace them and take their jobs.

I’m sure there’s some examples, but my guess would be a young QB learns a lot more from an inexpensive journeyman backup QB on the roster than they learn from an aging superstar who isn’t ready to give up his job.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Garopolo
    Steve Young
    Aaron Rodgers
    etc.
    Even Brady benefitted sitting a year under Bledsoe. There are a ton of QBs who went from College to the starting lineup and they usually have their confidence shot. Look at Josh Rosen. He could be one of the best QBs in the league if he wasn't ushered in to duty his rookie year and sacked 45 times in 14 games.

I doubt any of these guys you list were actively mentored by the guys they played behind. Listing Rodgers and garappomo is hilarious, we all know how thrilled Brady and favre were to have these guys breathing down their necks. You really think these guys were whispering into their potential replacements’ ears?

#227 4 years ago

Nobody ever wants to give up on these first round qb busts until the rookie deal is over.

Rivers seems like an interesting option there too. How about Alex smith? No idea if he’ll ever play again but he seems like he’s gonna give it a shot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.