1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cleveland (resized).jpg
    7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190222-115500_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4814C5F8-049A-4F0F-893A-E80F31E2A41A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1yhf3t (resized).jpg
    3F0934DD-815D-4212-A0D4-05AC2966E59C (resized).png
    F7136FF0-F473-4F1B-9950-F1778380BCD2 (resized).png
    2F1AC12A-54AE-49B4-9282-2D142278F50F (resized).png
    0CBD7791-0F6D-472A-8815-082BE628B01A (resized).jpeg
    bearssuck.gif
    ctebro (resized).png
    received_10211795375860886 (resized).jpeg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 4 months ago

Rivers looks Miami bound, sold his home in San Diego and is in Florida. He'd be a great mentor for a rookie QB to have for a couple years. I say a couple years because I think 2yrs is the least he'd accept.

The only thing better than this would be Brady coming to Miami....hello Billy!

#202 4 months ago

I have no idea why the dolphins would have interest in rivers. It makes zero sense.

They are a rebuilding team. Rivers is an old wash up. Am I missing something here? Do they Intend to tank 2020-2021 as well?

Don’t see why Tampa would want him either.

#203 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea why the dolphins would have interest in rivers

The only thing I thought is to use him to let Tua ( going to be their pick) sit the bench for next season and learn from one of the best.

#204 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The only thing I thought is to use him to let Tua ( going to be their pick) sit the bench for next season and learn from one of the best.

Is that really worth paying him? No.

I think the whole “mentor” thing is a bit of a joke too. Name one young QB that rivers or any other old qb has “mentored.” That’s not their job, and most really don’t give a shit what happens to the guy brought in to replace them and take their jobs.

I’m sure there’s some examples, but my guess would be a young QB learns a lot more from an inexpensive journeyman backup QB on the roster than they learn from an aging superstar who isn’t ready to give up his job.

#205 4 months ago

A new thread for Dirtbag to Dirtbag all over. Let's see how long it takes him to give up and just troll everyone with every post! So far he appears "clean"...

#206 4 months ago

Is this thread invitation only?
    Can I enter?

#207 4 months ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Can I enter?

Of course , but remember.....

5A1020DB-21ED-4500-B828-6CD3193B6B5A (resized).jpeg
    #208 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the whole “mentor” thing is a bit of a joke too. Name one young QB that rivers or any other old qb has “mentored.” That’s not their job, and most really don’t give a shit what happens to the guy brought in to replace them and take their jobs.
    I’m sure there’s some examples, but my guess would be a young QB learns a lot more from an inexpensive journeyman backup QB on the roster than they learn from an aging superstar who isn’t ready to give up his job.

Garopolo
    Steve Young
    Aaron Rodgers
    etc.

Even Brady benefitted sitting a year under Bledsoe. There are a ton of QBs who went from College to the starting lineup and they usually have their confidence shot. Look at Josh Rosen. He could be one of the best QBs in the league if he wasn't ushered in to duty his rookie year and sacked 45 times in 14 games.

#209 4 months ago

Wentz said at the end of the season that McCown is teaching him a lot… I’m assuming at least what not to do.

#210 4 months ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Can I enter?

Sure, but make sure you bring some condescendingly big words with you.

#211 4 months ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Can I enter?

Come on in!

#212 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I dont get the mentor thing either. If they're that important, hire them as a coach. People around here wanted to keep Donald Driver, they cited his experience and leadership. Ok, cool, let's put him in a hat and a windbreaker, and let him mentor the young players without him eating their roster spot.

#213 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Garopolo
    Steve Young
    Aaron Rodgers
    etc.
    Even Brady benefitted sitting a year under Bledsoe. There are a ton of QBs who went from College to the starting lineup and they usually have their confidence shot. Look at Josh Rosen. He could be one of the best QBs in the league if he wasn't ushered in to duty his rookie year and sacked 45 times in 14 games.

I doubt any of these guys you list were actively mentored by the guys they played behind. Listing Rodgers and garappomo is hilarious, we all know how thrilled Brady and favre were to have these guys breathing down their necks. You really think these guys were whispering into their potential replacements’ ears?

#214 4 months ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

First, I'm pretty annoyed we had to start a new thread. I liked the history of the old one.

I was perfectly fine with letting this thread die back when I did.

Other people started migrating over here and reviving it earlier when Centerflunk started changing the title of that thread every 12 hours without even posting it.

#215 4 months ago

As far as Rivers, the only situation he makes sense is one where you feel you need slightly above average QB play to win a championship. You could possinly make the case for Chicago, but they'll hilariously be at least a kicker away from a championship.

#216 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Listing Rodgers and garappomo is hilarious, we all know how thrilled Brady and favre were to have these guys breathing down their necks. You really think these guys were whispering into their potential replacements’ ears?

Rodgers has repeatedly said that Favre taught him and mentored him a ton before he took over. I believe it, especially because Favre isn't a douche like Brady is.

They tell Brady to mentor Garoppolo… Brady whines and says I’ll play 10 more years... Garoppolo is traded. Short story there.

#217 4 months ago

As far as Rivers, the only situation he makes sense is one where you feel you need slightly above average QB play to win a championship. You could possinly make the case for Chicago, but they'll hilariously be at least a kicker away from a championship.

Ouch but true

#218 4 months ago

I know it doesn't make sense but I still think Rivers lands in Miami soon after they draft their next franchise QB Tua with the 5th pick of the draft.

#220 4 months ago

Nick Foles is going to Chicago and Tom Brady to the Jags. Foles knows Chicago coaching and will not break the bank in a trade.

#221 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Nick Foles is going to Chicago and Tom Brady to the Jags. Foles knows Chicago coaching and will not break the bank in a trade.

Sounds like a double doink.

#222 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Bears are already committed to Trubisky for 2020. After that, who knows.

#223 4 months ago

Bears need to act now and Trubisky is not going to get it done. Foles will go to Chicago.

#224 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Bears need to act now and Trubisky is not going to get it done. Foles will go to Chicago.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-committed-to-trubisky-as-2020-starter

Don't shoot the messenger!

#225 4 months ago

He may say it but he doesn't believe it, opportunity will change his mind. The team has a good enough supporting cast to go deep in the playoffs, they just lack a QB to get there and for now it hasn't presented itself but it will.

#226 4 months ago

They'd be silly to say anything else. He wanted the team to turn off TVs in the facility in case he heard someone on ESPN say something mean about him. Not exactly an iron clad psyche.

#227 4 months ago

Nobody ever wants to give up on these first round qb busts until the rookie deal is over.

Rivers seems like an interesting option there too. How about Alex smith? No idea if he’ll ever play again but he seems like he’s gonna give it a shot.

#228 4 months ago

Man I finally got in. All hear is crickets in that other thread.

#229 4 months ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Man I finally got in. All hear is crickets in that other thread.

Well I hope you like the Twilight Zone. Dirtbag is in here, conversing normally and being civil. Now I just need Rod Serling to walk out and start some weird monologue.

#230 4 months ago

colsond3 did you restock your fireball for Sunday?

#231 4 months ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

colsond3 did you restock your fireball for Sunday?

Yes sir. Have a little to drink...but might need to make one more quick trip to the store.

C367EC8A-E538-48C5-B52B-DD2C9A3BC084 (resized).jpeg
    #232 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yes sir. Have a little to drink...but might need to make one more quick trip to the store.[quoted image]

7189138F-E656-487D-BC2A-21EDBE2A208C (resized).png
    #233 4 months ago

And picked up a case to support the local micros...

7DE1DC32-1E9B-4583-9E16-1447495F3882 (resized).jpeg
    #234 4 months ago

Chris Doleman passed at age 58 from cancer. Damn sure seems awfully young, he had a great career with the Vikings. Hope he can rest in peace.

#235 4 months ago

Vegas reporting 52% of bettors are putting their money on KC and 48% placing bets on SF. I hoping this game lives up to the hype and we have a donnybrook on our hands come Sunday!

#236 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

es sir. Have a little to drink.

Is that a bourbon in that Eagles Super bowl bottle? Are you waiting for the next SB appearance before you open it?

#237 4 months ago

They'd be silly to say anything else. He wanted the team to turn off TVs in the facility in case he heard someone on ESPN say something mean about him. Not exactly an iron clad psyche.

and yet... he is a huge improvement over where things have been...

#238 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Chris Doleman passed at age 58 from cancer. Damn sure seems awfully young, he had a great career with the Vikings. Hope he can rest in peace.

That guy was a beast! He was what a football player should be. He never quit on a play, 110% every play.

#239 4 months ago

Yes he was a great player, it's sad he died so young though and from brain cancer. Seems that there's been a lot of people dying over the last 2-3 yrs of brain cancer, much more than in the past 10 yrs or so. Probably shit they put in our food to preserve or enhance it in some way that is behind the increase in cases.

#240 4 months ago

Centerflank is back to reclaim his NFL thread!

#241 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Even Brady benefitted sitting a year under Bledsoe

Damn I can remember when Bledsoe got hurt playing Indy and Brady came in and never released the reins afterward. To be honest I thought NE was really screwing up not putting Bledsoe back in after he healed. Boy was I ever wrong, Brady turned out to be the best QB of his time and took NE to the pinnacle of football.
    I'm hoping Cincy keeps Dalton his last year to help out Burrows as it should help him acclimate to the speed of the game and more complicated defenses and offenses.

#242 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

He can have it, to much gamesmanship going on over there. Don't get me wrong I like Center but to come back and keep playing with the thread title is somewhat, well, childish to put it mildly.

#243 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

He is? Still says it's a cricket thread.

#244 4 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And picked up a case to support the local micros...[quoted image]

I live in Lancaster and that place is like my 37th choice down the line of micro breweries I patronize. But...they were ahead of the curve and doing it before almost everyone else, so they get a nod from me anyway.

#245 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Is that a bourbon in that Eagles Super bowl bottle? Are you waiting for the next SB appearance before you open it?

It’s a Cabernet. I’ll be opening it in the next year or two.

#246 4 months ago

You could bring it to Pincinnati and drink it with us (as someone called us southern Ohio boys in the other NFL thread) village people!

#247 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

This sucks man. I was a huge Doleman fan when I was a kid. I loved watching him, Keith Millard, and Scott Studwell play on the D-line. Meet at the quarterback!

#248 4 months ago

Browns let go of asst GM Elliot Wolf. That was a mistake.

#249 4 months ago

New regime knows their leash is about a foot long. They want their guys, easy as that. If it doesn't work, it's rinse and repeat next December.

Nothing new in Cleveland. We are used to it.

#250 4 months ago

I'd assume they did that due to having just hired a new GM he's going to want to have his own people as Dbag said above.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 244.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Judge Dredd Translite Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    € 8.40
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.99
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside